• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 09:29:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Recent posts

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
FFT TLW ReMixed / Re: ReMixed Bug Reports
Last post by Mutteo - September 15, 2024, 06:45:45 pm
Quote from: Nyzer on September 15, 2024, 04:02:39 pmI never saw this comment until just recently, heh!

I was never disappointed with Luso being replaced in TLW because a zero progression Ramza clone in late Chapter 3 was just underwhelming as hell anyway. Especially as a "Game Hunter" who had no skills that were actually used for game hunting. I was also very underwhelmed with him as a character in FFTA2. He felt like he barely had an impact on the story, and like the story barely had an impact on him.

But after watching streams of Reach the Future and hearing how Jumza designed Guy as a bit of a himbo, I felt inspired to lean into Luso's carefree whimsy, especially when I realized how well he would bounce off of the characters if I made him mandatory in Chapter 1. Having him be just completely oblivious to how cold it is if the player chooses not to save him (and thus won't even introduce themselves to him) felt pretty fitting. And not even picking up on Algus' scorn and distrust helps it feel both like it's there just for comedic value (on the off chance the player doesn't know about Algus yet) and that it's hinting towards Algus' true personality (if the player does know). It let me both play it straight and play it for laughs at the same time, which is just such a perfect fusion of FFT and FFTA2.

And I've liked the idea of having a full Blue Mage for a long time. Luso, who can be a Blue Mage, felt like a great opportunity for making that happen without replacing anything. Making him a mandatory encounter in Chapter 1 allows the player a lot of opportunities to get him on the field so he can fill his skillset, too! Makes for a nice little optional collectible quest.

I'm glad you repurposed Luso and not just threw him out.  I felt Square just kind of shoehorned him in without thinking about what to do with him.  Also a Blue Mage was a nice edition, considering it's been a staple job since FF5 and was the one job that FFT was missing. He even kind of looks like the type to use blue magic. 

Also seeing that banter between him and Algus was cute.
Help! / Re: ASM Patches on top of exis...
Last post by Nyzer - September 15, 2024, 04:04:48 pm
Tzepish has done a great job of working on those. The original Valhalla author(s) also got a lot of them converted, I believe.
FFT TLW ReMixed / Re: FFT The Lion War ReMixed v...
Last post by Nyzer - September 15, 2024, 04:03:33 pm
Yes, it's 10 benched units. 20 in the regular roster, 10 more in the bench.
FFT TLW ReMixed / Re: ReMixed Bug Reports
Last post by Nyzer - September 15, 2024, 04:02:39 pm
Quote from: layerP on September 12, 2024, 12:08:22 pmI know it's not a gamebreaking bug, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this:
FFT ReMixed 1.2.07-240912-122559.png
Ramza was KO'd during the battle and stayed that way for half of the dialogue, lol

And I loved everything about this event! It's so lighthearted, exacly like FFTA2, and the nods to that game's mechanics gave me a big grin.

I was disappointed when they replaced Luso with another character in TLW/TLWOTL (which I plan to replace with Lady Frimelda someday), so it was refreshing to see some FFTA2 appreciation here.

I never saw this comment until just recently, heh!

I was never disappointed with Luso being replaced in TLW because a zero progression Ramza clone in late Chapter 3 was just underwhelming as hell anyway. Especially as a "Game Hunter" who had no skills that were actually used for game hunting. I was also very underwhelmed with him as a character in FFTA2. He felt like he barely had an impact on the story, and like the story barely had an impact on him.

But after watching streams of Reach the Future and hearing how Jumza designed Guy as a bit of a himbo, I felt inspired to lean into Luso's carefree whimsy, especially when I realized how well he would bounce off of the characters if I made him mandatory in Chapter 1. Having him be just completely oblivious to how cold it is if the player chooses not to save him (and thus won't even introduce themselves to him) felt pretty fitting. And not even picking up on Algus' scorn and distrust helps it feel both like it's there just for comedic value (on the off chance the player doesn't know about Algus yet) and that it's hinting towards Algus' true personality (if the player does know). It let me both play it straight and play it for laughs at the same time, which is just such a perfect fusion of FFT and FFTA2.

And I've liked the idea of having a full Blue Mage for a long time. Luso, who can be a Blue Mage, felt like a great opportunity for making that happen without replacing anything. Making him a mandatory encounter in Chapter 1 allows the player a lot of opportunities to get him on the field so he can fill his skillset, too! Makes for a nice little optional collectible quest.
Last post by pontifficator - September 15, 2024, 04:02:07 pm
Quote from: Nyzer on September 15, 2024, 12:18:18 amThe general answer is always maybe, but don't count on it. The only way to know for sure requires having the ASM hacks for the mod yourself.

I see thanks.

Given WOtL doesn't really have much ASM hacks, are the hacks for the PSP version generally lack the mechanics/qol changes that most PSX hacks have?
Completed Mods / Re: [PSX] FFT Cerabow's Mod
Last post by pontifficator - September 15, 2024, 03:01:50 pm
I've been meaning to try out this hack, old thread I know.

One thing I noticed, early on it seems oddly imbalanced. For example the character with the bow gun will do the same amount of damage with the bow gun as throwing a stone. In fact, 'throw stone' is doing basically identical damage as attack in every case... not sure if that's supposed to be the case or not.
Completed Mods / Re: FINAL FANTASY TACTICS OMEG...
Last post by klooste8 - September 15, 2024, 02:30:16 am
Just got to chapter 2 and notice there is no Rad to recruit?  Is this intentional?  Also if one of my party gets traitor status do I lose them forever?  I loaded state to not find out.
Last post by Nyzer - September 15, 2024, 12:18:18 am
The general answer is always maybe, but don't count on it. The only way to know for sure requires having the ASM hacks for the mod yourself.
FFT TLW ReMixed / Re: FFT The Lion War ReMixed v...
Last post by Nyzer - September 14, 2024, 10:20:32 pm
It just lets you cancel the Defend if you change your mind.
Help! / ASM Patches on top of existing...
Last post by pontifficator - September 14, 2024, 06:16:34 pm
Can you apply ASM patches to existing hacks? For example, could you apply the 'cancel move' ASM to an existing hack which doesn't include it?

Thanks.
Pages 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10