• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 04:25:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Sidequest Ideas (31/40)

Started by LastingDawn, July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm

jimmyjw88

Well, it looks good but I feel that that artwork don't really go well with the sprite. The one that Kage posted was the sprite, so I feel that should be the portrait. ^^
What you guys think?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

SilvasRuin

I was just going to complain and tell you to scrap it, but then I realized what your biggest problem is.  Your reference pic makes it really, really fuzzy.  yours is only partially fuzzy.  The forehead of yours is completely flat, and that is murdering the portrait for me.

Also, the ears could definitely be bigger.  Go all out and borrow the reference's ears as you did for the cheeks.  Though that strange shape under the eye looks bad, even in the reference image.

Mouth and under the nose could use some work...

mav

As far as the art work goes, I'm pretty much going for that style--I'm replacing the ears and the body with something that looks a bit more like the actual sprite. The portrait's incomplete, and the forehead's just a blob for now.

I don't really feel like going anywhere else with this portrait, since I don't really know what I'm doing. The only reason I used that reference image was because all these other Moogle concepts look nothing like FFT's style. They lack shading, depth, and style. Back to the drawing board for me...

jimmyjw88

Ah, well, if you make the ears like the sprite, then I guess it fits. I thought you were going to give long ears like the artwork.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Sorry Mav, but this portrait quite doesn't fit the sprite, but everyone already said that :D

Actually, the moogle artwork you posted, it's from FFXII or one of FFTA's right? I really hate that design of those moogles, IMO best moogle design was that of FFIX, simple, cute, fluffy, that's what moogle is about ^^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Well, the reference picture (Kage posted) is flat and normal but fits. So, we have to improvise a little bit, make it fluffy.

Kagebunji

I kinda want it to look normal, but it will be flat on port indeed. Maybe adding those small whiskers(or what is that thing called, near his nose, the black things). I leave this to your big imagination ;)

jimmyjw88

Well, let's see what mav is coming up ^^

Kagebunji

Yeah, Mav knows how to fix things :)

mav

I also know how to fuck things up, but it's all good. Here's a new portrait, taken completely from the FFT artwork. This needs to be fleshed out.

Kagebunji

If this could be converted into FFT style port it would be nice, hovewer the angle is wrong :/

jimmyjw88

Good. Though, if can, try this; looks more fitting.

Kagebunji

Shit, I will try to do all these cute moogles ^^ First is female moogle, second is Artemicion, and third is...the moogle that saves game?

jimmyjw88

Cute right? Mav, try these. Definitely fit the sprite ^^
Looking forward.

mav

January 15, 2010, 11:31:06 am #294 Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:33:14 am by mav
Alright, we can try to fix this version up then:

jimmyjw88

Alright. Looks better and fitting. Just need to clean it up a little bit. ^^

Kagebunji

Yup, this one is great, just some cleaning and another great portrait will be on your account :P

Edit: I wonder why he don't have that connection to pom-pon. And also, you made my life a lot harder MAv, now I have to add this fur around the neck into sprite :/ Btw, isn't she a female one?

SilvasRuin

I suppose that antenna was too thin for when he scaled it down.

Kagebunji

Lol, I didn't realized until now that it was scaled down, I thought it's a rough FFT port :)

mav

Yeah, I quickly scaled this down and threw it up here, which is why the colors are iffy and the antenna is disconnected. And if adding the fur trim is going to be a problem, I'll work on taking it out. Hell, I could just as easily use the purple Moogle...