• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 03:07:17 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Sidequest Ideas (31/40)

Started by LastingDawn, July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm

Kagebunji

Yeah I know it all occured in cave, but I couldn't remember if there are any caves in FFT.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

I hear ya. There aren't any real caves in the game, but depending on how this sidequest is written, you may be able to use the underground cemetery of Limberry Castle, or the various stages of the Colliery (which I like, since it kinda looks like the city of Narshe), or the underground passage in Goland, the five floors of the Underground Book Storage, or maybe even one of the Deep Dungeon maps (if you could get the lights on). Take a look at the maps section of the site to get some ideas--that's what I did for a couple of the sidequests I suggested.

LastingDawn

Great idea! A great homage to FFVI and Coillery's names are bound to changed continually throughout the game (probably use the place where you fight Schinoeg to save Reis). I also have a plot line ready for that which might work out well.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kagebunji

Great! Now i just have to do Moogles (wich shouldn't be hard, recolored uribos with ponpons and wings, and a bit edited), and then Terra, she might be harder, I have seen few versions of her, does anyone have her official artwork from FFVI??

mav

I believe there's a completed Moogle in the sprite request topic, it just needs a better portrait.

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

That's even better!

Now about the portrait... *looks at Mav and Jimmy* ;)

edit: it looks too much like uribo to me, I will rework this for sure

jimmyjw88

*Look at Mav* ^^

Haha. Alright then.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Here are small edits I just did, I made him more white and replaced colors of wings and ears(to match the original moogle), also I made his eyes moogle-like, it kinda looks like a lot different than this BB's version, maybe I will post this as mine after I finish it :P Also I posted an original moogle image for comparison:

mav

That sprite looks pretty damn good, my only suggestion would be to make the pom-pon point at more of a curved angle, kind of like the picture. As for the portrait...I'll see what I can do, though I haven't worked with monsters much, so no promises.

Kagebunji

Yeah the pom-pon, I forgot about it. I will reangle it then

jimmyjw88

Looks good. For the colour, are you going to change to a little pinkish, like the picture?

Kagebunji

Yeah he will be a bit pinkish, but is there suitable pink color for this sprite? Also, he looks too much like wild boar with those colors

jimmyjw88

Hmm...Light pink or peach perhaps?

Kagebunji

Will try, but on Friday, I''m not spriting today, too tired :P

mav

You may need to make a custom palette for this guy...this bluish purple doesn't look bad though.

Kagebunji

Here he is with new pom-pon and colors, btw how is the portrait guys?

jimmyjw88

The colour looks better. But its kinda bit pinkish. Maybe lighten them just a little bit? ^^
Oh, sorry. Haven't get to that yet xD

Kagebunji

Well I was aiming to make him more pinkish actually :P

jimmyjw88

Hmm...To me, this pink is good but its a little bit like light purple. If pinkish like peach would be perfect ^^
Ah, good good. Looking forward and good luck.