• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 03:38:12 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Sidequest Ideas (31/40)

Started by LastingDawn, July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm

Cheetah

Wow Jimmy that was an amazing job with the fur. Very nice work Mav and everyone else, this turned out nicely. My only complaint is that odd white pixel at the top of his nose. It looks very odd and random.
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

I believe it's supposed to be a shine, and it does look like a shine on the smaller view.

Cheetah

I don't think it works as a shine when it is up against the white of his fur. Maybe try moving it one pixel down, or use on of your extra colors to make it more red instead of pracitically straight white.
Current Projects:

mav

Hmm, I've been bothered by the shine too, Cheetah. I could go brighter (as in completely white), but that's probably overkill, or I could go darker (lemme toy around with it later today)...you know what? I may just remove the shine all together. Anyways, I think the portrait's pretty much ready, but I may just fiddle with the leftover colors some to see if I can't fix some details.

Now post the sprite, Kage.

jimmyjw88

@Sir Cheetah ~ Thanks ^^

@mav ~ Looks great. Well done. A very very good job ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Hah, thanks Jimmy; I owe it to you for pulling this portrait together. This is the final version--just has that pink pixel there instead of the bright white one.
[attachment=0:3hovmzco]moogleportrait.png[/attachment:3hovmzco]

How should we go about doing the portrait for the Moogle without the fur collar? Should it look just like this one, just with a regular neckline? I was hoping we could base it off Mog's portrait in FFVI--just modify it to look right in the FFT environment. It's up to you guys (cause I'm too lazy to work on it).

jimmyjw88

Mav, that pink is hardly noticeable, unfortunately. How about this?

Also, moogle without fur.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Ah yes, that pink pixel looks much better.

Now I'm wondering why I didn't use these Moogles from the beginning--they would have looked closer to Kage's design anyway...

jimmyjw88

Well, how does FFVI moogle looks like?

mav

Here are a couple images on the Final Fantasy wiki. See the portrait on the far right? It's next to the animated Moogle freaking out--we could let the male Moogle look like that (after some necessary tweaking).

jimmyjw88

Eww...That's ugly ><
Major tweakings needed.

mav

Haha, your honesty is breathtaking. My main desire is to just have two completely different looking Moogle portraits--we don't have to, but it would be more appealing. I don't see too many different Moogles to base portraits off though, so give me some time to find something better to base this off.

jimmyjw88

While that moogle is ugly, two different moogle portraits are definitely better than having the same moogle portraits with only difference of the collar. Don't worry, I'm supporting this.

mav

Alright, let's see if we can work with this. I've attached a new portrait that can be used for the male Moogle (or whichever one doesn't have the collar).

See the Moogle on our right? If we can mimic that and tone down the cuteness factor, this could work.

jimmyjw88

Haha. That right moogle is cute.

mav

Indeed it is. I'll get to shading this thing tomorrow. As far as the palette goes, should I just use the shades from the other Moogle portrait, or should I try something different?

jimmyjw88

I say try something different first. If it didn't work, then maybe we use back the same.

mav

Cool cool, I'll see what I can do.

mav

Alright, I started shading the new Moogle portrait...and then I realized that something's gone terribly amiss: pillow shading like there's no tomorrow. Someone help me out...and it looks like we'll need a lighter palette for this one.

jimmyjw88

Yeah, definitely lighter palettes. The pom pom is blurry. Reduce some reds usage. I'll see if I can help ^^