• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 04:49:33 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Sidequest Ideas (31/40)

Started by LastingDawn, July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm

mav

The palette looks nice but it's a little dark, almost like we're looking at the Moogle at night (which would actually work out, if he was in a cave). I haven't gotten to the portrait yet...I've been way off my game lately, so it'll take some time.

Kagebunji

I was unable to reach computer for some time, so moogle sprite did not advanced too much, but now I can work again.

Btw, no one works on the portrait? :(
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Haha, yeah I should be taking a look at the Moogle portrait, but it may take some time...

Oh and you know what would really make the FFVI sidequest interesting? Incentive not to help Locke. For instance, since Moogles are supposed to be extinct in Ivalice, Ramza and Rad should have the option to capture/poach the Moogles for a huge monetary incentive or perhaps some wicked item.

Kagebunji

Mav that's nice! And since Ramza is more of a bad-ass in Mercenaries, it serves him right ^^. And looking forward to the portrait ;)

I just thought about the sidequest, how about three choices?
1. Help Narshe Guards. Reward: big amount of gil
2. Protect the girl. Reward: Some small treasure(leaving it to your imagination), and you are able to continue sidequest
3. Capture/Poach the moogles. Reward: Some great item and small amount of gil.

mav

January 12, 2010, 01:14:29 pm #265 Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 02:51:49 pm by mav
For number three, I'd say the reward should be a great item and a modest amount of gil (i.e. not too big, not too small). And on the third option, would you have to defeat the Narshe Guards and/or Locke and Terra too, or could you just kill the Moogles and have the quest end right there?

Also, let's see what else we can come up with for continuing the sidequest--I'll need to take another look at FFVI to get some ideas.

Kagebunji

Hmmm, I s'pose killing everyone but moogles will suffice. I'm sure Gaffy wouldn't want to share this precious treasure :)

mav

Here's a way to continue working with Locke and Terra, straight off of the Final Fantasy Wiki:
Quote from: "url=http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sidequest#Final_Fantasy_VI]This page[/url]:"]Mog -or- the Golden Hairpin Sidequest- After returning Terra back to her controlled state, the player could go to Narshe for the sidequest. It involves a wild goose chase of Lone Wolf the Pickpocket up to the cliff where Valigarmanda is settled. Then the player may choose Mog or the Golden Hairpin. As they choose one, the other choice falls down the cliff, and can never be retrieved, with the exception of Mog, who could be recruited in the World of Ruin.
Quote from: "url=http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Lone_Wolf]This page[/url]"]After obtaining the Blackjack, the party can return to the treasure room in Narshe and find Lone Wolf trying to open a locked chest. However, he flees to the mines. The party can follow him to the ledge where Valigarmanda is sitting. There, he is holding Mog hostage. If the party waits where he asks them to for a minute, he and Mog will fly off the ledge, and the party must choose to save either Lone Wolf or Mog. Freeing Lone Wolf gives the party a Gold Hairpin, while freeing Mog causes Mog to join the party. However, no matter how the party chooses, Lone Wolf will fall down.
We could probably adapt this too, just figure out what sprite Lone Wolf would need, rework the locations a bit, and adapt the ultimatum to work with FFT's system. This also gives the team the opportunity to get whatever incentive there was for that Moogle again. A third sidequest involving another Moogle could be added, on the chance that the team chooses the Gold Hairpin (or whatever item it's replaced with).

Kagebunji

Shit too bad you can't make join peoples in Merc. I think that if you choose to help Mog, you should get some spear (he always wielded spears when I played as him), and if you choose gold hairpin, Lone wolf becomes your quest and you must finish off Mog(maybe some others moogle could appear? Cause Mog alone won't stand a chance), and you get ofcourse gold hairpin as a reward.

mav

Sounds good: you have the choice of Hairpin and a dead Moogle or a spear and a dead Lone Wolf. Maybe Mog could just run off, so you have a third quest against someone tough.

Kagebunji

Yeah, but let's see if LD even likes it, he is busy again so we won't meet him soon.

Btw, my moogle got error (hell knows why), so I have to start over.

mav

Start again from scratch? Jeez...

Kagebunji

Well not from scratch, still that moogle BeoulveBlack did is, but I cannot find it, it's nowhere on request topic, and I searched it all, maybe I'm blind? :?

mav

I believe the SPR and BMP can be found on this page. What was the problem anyway?

jimmyjw88

Hmm...That moogle is not bad.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

The problem with sprite? His eyes are Uribo's, ears and wings color uncorrect, and needed a color change, other that that it's good.

Also, thanks Mav, I can work again :)

jimmyjw88

Ah, I see. Alright, look forward to the new moogle.

SilvasRuin

I also think the portrait for that moogle is hideous...

Kagebunji

Yeah portrait is terrible, that's why I need new one, RIGHT GUYS?!

Btw, Jimmy, there won't be any new moogle :D Only the version I posted earlier, just a bit recolored.

mav

Okay, here's the WIP of the Moogle portrait. It's based off this image. This is really tough for me: I don't know what to do about the neck, I'm having trouble placing and shading the inner part of the ears, and I don't even know where to begin on the forehead. Someone help me out. Or just yell at me for doing a bad job. This is the closest I've come to doing a portrait completely from scratch.