• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 05:19:52 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Cheetah

This is looking very very good as always. I wonder if the damaged frame is too wide with the braid though?
Current Projects:

mav

Hmm, the shading on her head on the back frames might need a little bit of work. I'm thinking white hair requires stylistically different shading; cause that dark shadow in the middle looks a little blobby right now.

Xifanie

Really awesome, but yeah I don't like the hair's shading either.

What a mess trying to make a sprite of Lenneth with only 16 colors.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Zozma

ahhh the art of spriting with a 16 color limit lol...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Smash

I lol'd.

4 skin tones, a nice dark grey/brown and a black, and 3 pairs of color tones should be all you need at most, making a total of 12 colors for sprites alone. Try it.

jimmyjw88

And about the damaged frame, shouldn't her eyes close rather than open widely?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Xifanie

Damn, Smash is right. I lowered the number of colors to 12 in GG... Note: Do not use, I didn't even bother to select the colors manually like Smash suggested; it's just a demo.
old

[attachment=0:3hpvhbwb]Lenneth.png[/attachment:3hpvhbwb]
new
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kagebunji

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"And about the damaged frame, shouldn't her eyes close rather than open widely?

Yeah, it is usually on sprites, but for example Balthier had opened eyes too. I wamted to make it looks so, she is a god, so she shouldn't give up when a bit damaged :P.

Well, about the hair shading, I presume you mean the back frames? It is all from Knight sprite, so I didn't think it will look bad, what do you all suggest? Heh, it has 16 colors on palette, but there are probably some leftovers from base. I wasn't messing with this, cause I thought it doesn't need more colors. For what those 4 colors could be used?

jimmyjw88

Hmm...Is it? Well, to me, it just looks kinda funny, been hit while the eyes wide open xD
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Well, about the hair shading, I presume you mean the back frames? It is all from Knight sprite, so I didn't think it will look bad, what do you all suggest?
You probably can't lighten that dark shade, right? That would be the quick and easy (though technically inefficient) fix. Consider making that dark shadow smaller, perhaps? And by the way, since the bottom of the braid is the same color and length as the skirt, it might be hard to tell what's what. Keep up the good work.

Kagebunji

No prob, I can lghten it, but making it smaller won't work, tried it already, it makes it look weird. Hm, I get what you are telling about braid, but how may I fix it? Aeris braid is even longer and bigger :/

Lijj

Here are your geeeef(t)s:

Kagebunji

Heh, thanks, like I wrote it in PM, I checked it in-game, sorry for teh trouble, pal. Time to fix the hair and legs + time to add braid.

mav

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Hm, I get what you are telling about braid, but how may I fix it? Aeris braid is even longer and bigger :/
It's more of a color issue than anything else: white skirt with white hair--it's a little tough on the eyes. It's not a big issue, see what other members think and work from there.  

On the walking frames her left leg gets a little too much shadow on both views.

Kagebunji

Yeah, I even made the braid a bit outlined to differ it from skirt, looks like it didn't worked, heh. About the leg, you mean it too dark there? It is just a recolor :P.

mav

Hah, well if it's a recolor, then I guess we'll let it slide. Animated frames catch me really off guard, cause I'm more used to seeing animation coupled with movement.

Kagebunji

I was thinking about braid, and need to ask, would you guys want to see braid on forward walking frames too? I ask cause it is somewhat hard to implement well, and it would look strange anyway, since it would bounce more than hair itself. Well?

Zozma

kage one important thing to note about the back frame of miluda

her hair was never redone to sway both directions and so in the walking frames it goes back as if there were still a cape underneath pushing it back instead of making it sway.... just thought id point that out
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

Lol, now that you pointed that out, zozma, I can't get my eyes off this.  Though it is not such a big mistake, and is not worth reworking of hair(it would be a pain...).

Smash