• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2020, 10:36:36 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

The Lion War Base Patch Resources v1.06

Started by Elric, September 28, 2019, 08:40:25 am

Elric

September 28, 2019, 08:40:25 am Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 06:32:40 am by Elric
RESOURCES UPDATED TO VERSION 1.06 LOTS OF UPDATES AND SEVERAL NEW SHEETS. RESOURCES WILL NOT BE 2 SEPARATE RAR FILES DUE SITE UPLOAD SIZE LIMITATIONS.

As The Lion War was designed to be a patch as a starting point for future patches, I will be releasing the resources created to build it here. I will write a small tutorial on the correct order in which to build TLW, as well as how to use it's tools, including the Dark Knight hack, as well as provide a updated version of EVSP both here and in the EVSP thread.

FOLDER STRUCTURE
(Resources) TLW Spreadsheets
(Tools) TLW Tools & Progs
1. Shishi New Sprites
2. Shishi Other Images Dump
3. Event Stuff
4. WotL Movies
5. Patcher Files
6. ASMs

The above list is how your TLW Resources folder should appear after extracting it. The Resources folder is not necessary for a new build, but instead, changing and updating several of the ASMs used in TLW. The Tools folder contains any special tools or programs used in building TLW

The other folders are numbered in order of when they should be patched. This is not entirely necessary, however, Event Stuff should always be patched before the Patcher Files folder, which should always be patched before the ASMs folder. As long as those 2 rules are followed, there should not be much issue.

The Tactext file must always be edited with the TLW - FFTText Editor excel sheet, and then exported with it's current settings, and then patched with Tactext .457, both of which are found in the resources download below.

(RESOURCES) TLW SPREADSHEETS

Since this folder is a bit more intense than the numbered folders, I'll go into a bit more depth here and say what each spreadsheet is used for.

TLW - ARH Generator Mini
Used in TLW for setting up Ashley Riots weapon/ability restrictions to only have 2 abilities at any time based on what weapon he is using.

TLW - ATTACK.OUT Spreadsheet
Contains the current TLW Event Condition data.

TLW - Bravestory Records Editor
Contains the current setup for the Bravestory Record event calls used in TLW.

TLW - Extra Effects
Contains the TLW setup to edit which effects some moves have tied to them.

TLW - Extra Job Hack v1.17
Basically functions the same way as the job requirements do in FFTPatcher. Choose the requirements for your new job (by level) and set which job slot the male and female versions of said job are to use. Pretty self explanatory and user friendly, but if you have questions, ask, as no tutorial has been written for this tool as of yet.

TLW - FFTText Editor
TLWs current text edits are contained, edited and exported through this. View the FFTText Editor thread for more info on how to use this.

TLW - Rumor's Table Spreadsheet
Contains the current setup for TLWs Rumors, as well as the extra rumors added from WotL.

TLW - Unit Restriction
Current setup for unit restrictions for the extra sidequests added from WotL to TLW.

TLW - UWEntries
Current setup for Ashley Riot, Balthier and the Dark Knight jobs, to remap the sprite and portrait calls.

TLW - Worldmap Conditions
Contains the current TLW Worldmap Condition data.
(TOOLS) TLW TOOLS & PROGS

Since this folder is a bit more intense than the numbered folders, I'll go into a bit more depth here and say what each tool/folder is used for.

(Unofficial) EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.1
A program created by RavenOfRazgriz, for easy viewing and editing of event in FFT, complete with a command list, multi compile and decompile features and more. The version for TLW is a Unofficial update I did for version 2.0, which fixes a few issues in vanilla events, as well as includes the TLW events and test.evt file. This is not included in this pack due to size, but can be downloaded HERE

Attack.out Editor Special Awesome
A program created by RavenOfRazgriz, for easy editing of the Attack.out scenario settings, such as weather, script number, and squad setups. Not to be confused with the attack.out spreadsheet which also edits attack.out, but instead of the scenario settings, edits the event conditions.

CDProg
A program created by ??? which allows you to export and import data to image (iso/bin) files. Used for importing TEST.EVT and ATTACK.OUT for TLW.

FFTPatcher .457
Use this folder ONLY for tactext patching. Shishi, Patcher and orgASM should not be used from this folder.

FFTPatcher .492
Use the programs in this folder for applying the FFTPatcher file, as well as inserting sprites, graphics and ASMs. DO NOT PATCH TACTEXT FROM HERE. The version of Shishi in this folder is specifically needed for TLW, as it has been edited since it's release, for TLW. This folder also contains the all-so-important RESOURCES.ZIP, which has been fully modified for TLW. This will give your Shishi and FFTP the correct naming for all the TLW characters, ENTDs, Sprites, Jobs, and Abilities!

PPF-O-Matic
Used for Patching PPF Files to a clean image file.

PPF Studio
Used for creating PPF Patches.
1. TLW SHISHI NEW SPRITES

This folder contains all the custom sprites in TLW, as well as their ID and TYPE. For Example, 3A - Aliste Type 1, should be inserted into sprite slot 3A in Shishi, and set to Type 1.

NOTE: You will need to expand your clean image with Shishi before adding all the sprites, if you are creating a build from scratch.
2. TLW SHISHI OTHER IMAGES DUMP

This folder is a full dump of the 'Other Images' tab in Shishi, for TLW. Use the included version of Shishi from the Tools folder, and then, while your image is loaded into Shishi, click the 'Other Images' tab, then at the top, to the right of the 'File' button, click on 'Image', then scroll down to 'Import all images...', direct this to the '2. TLW SHISHI OTHER IMAGES DUMP' folder and hit 'OK'. This will automatically import all images in this folder into the correct slots, which will automatically setup your EVTCHR, UNIT.BIN, WLDFACE, BONUS.BIN, etc, etc.
3. TLW EVENT STUFF

This folder contains the TEST.EVT and the ATTACK.OUT files for TLW. Both of these can be imported by loading your image file into CDProg, then in the event folder and right clicking on either ATTACK.OUT or TEST.EVT, hovering over 'Insert File Into...' and then clicking on 'Current Selection', after which you will navigate to the respective file and double click on it to overwrite it.
4. TLW WOTL MOVIES

This folder is empty in these resources, as the files are too large to upload to the site in a rar file. Instead, you can download them using the link in the readme file in any release of TLW.

This folder only exists to keep everything in the same order as I use to build it on my own PC. You can also place the downloaded movie files into this folder as well if you'd like to keep everything the same as I do when creating a build of TLW.
5. TLW PATCHER FILES

This folder contains the FFTPatcher files. TLW FFTPatcher.fftpatch, should be patched with the current newest version of FFTPatcher. TLW Tactext should only be edited with TLW - FFTText Editor and patched with Tactext from FFTPatcher .457. NEVER SAVE the Tactext file in Tactext, ONLY use Tactext to patch with. Tactext was not initially built with enough rows to support certain sections of text, such as the sound novels, so saving in tactext will remove some text from them, whereas simply patching with tactext, will not.

NOTE: When opening file with tactext, if asked to load missing files from iso, click no.
6. TLW ASMs

Since this folder is a bit more intense than the other numbered folders, I'll go into a bit more depth here and say what each ASM is, and if applicable, what spreadsheet it comes from.

TLW 1E4 & 1E5 Become Adeptness & Sturdy.xml
Hacks created by Choto and migrated over from Jot5 to be used for the Dark Knight RSM moves in TLW.

TLW Ability Requirement Hack.xml
A mini version of the ARH hack, created by Choto(?) or Pride(?) to be used for Ashley Riot, without taking up as much space as the normal ARH. Editable in TLW - ARH Generator Mini.xls

TLW Altima Teleport.xml
Hack created by Xifanie to allow changing the Teleport Send/Arrive of Altima 1 and 2 to existing skills without effects attached, in order to free up 4 ability slots. This works in conjunction with the Extra Ability Effects hack.

TLW Barrage & Weapon Strike Rewrite.xml
3 Hacks created by Choto to edit both formulas 19 for the Barrage move, and 46 Ashley Riots abilities. Though I couldn't tell you what the formulas are off the top of my head.

TLW Bravestory Fix.xml
Hack by Glain used to fix variables being called when viewing bravestory scenes, after the scenes original event ID was altered from vanilla, and some other issues with bravestory function.

TLW Bravestory Records Edits.xml
Hack by Elric to change which scene in called in the bravestory when reviewing records and chosing to rewatch a scene. Editable in TLW - Bravestory Records Editor.xls

TLW Event Conditions.xml
XML of the Attack.out Conditions sheet created by Xifanie. This holds all of the attack.out conditions data. Basically, how scenes are called and when, in and out of battle. Editable in TLW - ATTACK.OUT Spreadsheet.xls

TLW Extra Ability Effects.xml
Hack by Xifanie that allows you to assign an effect to an ability that wouldn't normally have one. Used in TLW to remap the abilities that hold Altima's teleporting movements. Works in conjunction with the Altima Teleport hack. Editable in TLW - Extra Effects.xls

TLW Extra Job - Dark Knight.xml
The big one. This hack created by Choto allows you to create a new, fully functioning Job Class for male and female (they can even be different jobs than each other!) TLW uses this to create the Dark Knight job. More info on this is available up above in the Resources folder section. Editable in TLW - Extra Job Hack v1.17.xlsx

TLW Map 120.xml
Hack by Xifanie that loads 66 South Wall of Bethla Garrisson when MAP120 is selected in attack.out, but uses the map name in the last entry of MAPTITLE.BIN, which is normally garbled text. Used for the Undead Algus battle in TLW.

TLW MOVED Event Instruction Upgrade Hack.xml
Hack by Xifanie to add more commands for events, this hack had its location moved by Choto in order to not conflict with the Extra Job Hack. So this version of the Event Instruction Upgrade Hack is only necessary if you are using the Extra Job hack, without that hack you can simply use the normal version of this hack found on the FFH Wiki.

TLW Rumor Edits.xml
Hack made by Pride to allow you to set what towns each rumor appears in once its variable is activated. Used in TLW to add in the extra rumors that trigger sidequests from WotL. Editable in TLW - Rumor's Table Spreadsheet.xls

TLW Sound Novels Function.xml
A tiny hack made by ??? that re-enables the ability to read the sound novels by pressing triangle when reading their description in the Treasures section of the Bravestory, after you have discovered them.

TLW This game is complete! New Scenario ID.xml
Hack by Xifanie that allows you to edit which event/battle will display the "This game is Complete!" text and music after beating the final boss of the game, regardless of the attack.out slot that event is in.

TLW Unit Restrictions.xml
Hack by Xifanie, used in TLW to force specific units to appear in battles they are required to be in for the additional sidequests from WotL. As well as restrict manual placement of said characters in these battles. Editable in TLW - Unit Restriction.xlsx

TLW UWEntries.xml
Hack by Glain to remap UNIT and BIN images to specific jobs when creating new jobs that can be in formation outside of what vanilla made accomodations for. Used in TLW to remap sprites for Ashley Riot, Balthier, and the Dark Knights. Editable in TLW - UWEntries.xls

TLW Worldmap Conditions.xml
XML of the Worldmap Conditions sheet created by Xifanie. This holds all of the worldmap condition data. Basically, how scenes and battles are called and when, on the worldmap. Editable in TLW - Worldmap Conditions.xls

By downloading these resources, you agree that when you use this as a base and release a project, that you will credit those listed in the 'TLW Staff for Credits' thread, for the work they did in creating TLW.
  • Modding version: PSX
<@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other

Elric

The Lion War Resources are now publicly available. Please read THE ENTIRE OP before asking silly questions already answered in the above post.
<@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

Amici

I just read the whole OP, but seeing I haven't done any of this before, can I confirm if what I'm doing is correct? I want to manually build TLW so I can insert a few more custom sprites and also edit in a few additional skills to Ramza.

1. Use Shishi to expand clean ISO, insert all custom sprites using Shishi. For my part, I will also insert the other custom sprites I want to use.
2. Again use Shishi to insert the other images.
3. Use CDProg to insert both TEST.EVT and ATTACK.OUT files.
4. Insert the WOTL movies to the ISO as stated in its tutorial
5. Use the excel worksheet to edit the .ffttext file included. This is when I'll edit in my custom edits to Ramza's jobs. Also use latest FFTpatcher to edit Ramza's job and skillset. Then, use latest FFTPatcher to patch the .fftpatch file, then use .457 of FFTactext to patch the .ffttext file.
6. Copy the .xml files from folder 6, to the patches folder of the fftorgasm folder, check all patches (I counted 17 patches), patch all of them to ISO using orgasm.

I also have another question: how do I edit text using excel worksheet? I go as far as clicking "import .ffttext" then I choose the included fftext file in the resources (from folder 5), but nothing happens. What's supposed to happen? I already installed the Altima font too. Nothing is happening, I dunno where I'm supposed to do my editing.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Elric

Thats correct. For the text editing, please refer to the thread for Xifs editor, since that already explains how it worls, like i mentiones above.

Amici

Elric

Also, yes, by default nothing will change, as that sheet already HAS the TLW tactext in it. You dont need to readd it unless you make changes, export, and then derp the sheet somehow and have to redownload it.

You could also use a fresh copy of the sheet and import TLW into it. But the resources portion would not auto update, as that is done manually

Amici

One last question:

I managed to successfully build my own patch of TLW, but at the end I got this "error" from FFTorgASM. Is this normal and just ignore it?

And I also didn't get a message from orgasm such as "Patch successful" or anything like that. How can I tell if it patched correctly?

Elric

That error is fine. Its stating error in error lol.

OrgASM has no prompt. Just give it 30 seconds to a minute to be safe, then close it. In reality its done in about 3 seconds

yamish

Any plans to migrate these over into their respective author's asm threads? Or is it on the individual authors to do that if they wish?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Amici

Quote from: Elric on December 04, 2019, 04:45:41 pm
That error is fine. Its stating error in error lol.

OrgASM has no prompt. Just give it 30 seconds to a minute to be safe, then close it. In reality its done in about 3 seconds

Great! Thanks! Then that should mean my build should be perfect.

Elric

Quote from: yamish on December 04, 2019, 05:53:49 pm
Any plans to migrate these over into their respective author's asm threads? Or is it on the individual authors to do that if they wish?

The only ones that are new are the ability ones xifanie made, which i will update. And the extra job class that Choto made. I figured he would do that himself so he can explain a bit about it. Unless he asks me to, i wont step on his toes.

Everything else is public. Aside from the 2 Jot5 RSMs that were used for DK, and since those are made for Jot5, Im not gonna post them elsewhere either. I felt sketchy enough editing Ravens EVSP post to release my unofficial EVSP 2.1

Gordon_Ramza

Quote from: Amici on December 04, 2019, 01:18:24 am
1. Use Shishi to expand clean ISO, insert all custom sprites using Shishi. For my part, I will also insert the other custom sprites I want to use.

Is the "clean ISO" here an unpached FFT ISO of one patched with TLW and nothing else?
The fact there is a character named Beowulf and a family named Beoulve seems pretty stupid. It is not Ramza Beowulf or Beoulve Cadmus/Kadmas.

Elric

Clean always means unpatched and unmodified

Gordon_Ramza

I was going through the FFTPatcher Jobs, Abilities, Skill Sets, and Job Levels page and had a hell of a time finding the data on the generic Dark Knight (and couldn't even find them in the Job Levels page). Am I using the right tool & where are they in said tool (FFTPatcher also counts, as I might be using the right tool from the start)
The fact there is a character named Beowulf and a family named Beoulve seems pretty stupid. It is not Ramza Beowulf or Beoulve Cadmus/Kadmas.

Elric

You need to actually read the post. It took quite a while to write everything out, and this is all explained... The fact that you even mentioned the Job Levels page in FFTP tells me you didn't really read my post...

If you are new to FFTP then that's a different story entirely, as these resources are made under the assumption that you already know how the tools we have, work.

Amici

Hi Elric, great job with the update! Awesome! Just gotta ask again, I have a "customized" 1.04 image file like I said before. Is it necessary to re-do my whole customization again for 1.05? Or can I just re-patch the ASM hacks from the 1.05 set?

old school

Hey guys!  I have 2 questions:

1) Is there anything that sets weapon sprites outside of FFTPatcher, like an ASM?  I'm trying to update the Nagrarock to be anything else and the in-battle animation looks like palette 8, graphic D (yellow sword), regardless of selection.  I'm reluctant to use the bug reporting thread without more information (not to mention this is not a TLW bug from my perspective).

2) In the event that I want to spend the rest of my life rebalancing to make the Blue Mage, are there any spriteset slots available to overwrite?  You guys have done so much work and added so much content, all my go-tos are used.

Great mod!  It does change a lot of the things I was used to doing, but makes other much more intuitive!  I'm getting my 7 year old exposed to WotL, and I'm so happy that now I can instead use this.

Elric

1) Ja, Raven's Workbooks has the weapon battle graphic assigner

2) Yes, more than a few slots left to overwrite using UWEntries...
2a) Guests aren't in formation in TLW, so you could remap the formations for Delita, Algus, Ovelia, Gafgarion & Alma. So thats 5 Slots right there unless you intend to readd them to formation, which i wouldn't advise
2b) On top of the ones mentioned above, there is still slots you can remap for Olan, Balmafula and weird pigtail chick, so 3 more there.

You should have about 8 slots to work with, when creating a mod using TLW as a base, as long as you use the UWEntries sheet provided in the resources.

old school

Quote from: Elric on January 20, 2020, 11:04:05 pm
2) Yes, more than a few slots left to overwrite using UWEntries...
2a) Guests aren't in formation in TLW, so you could remap the formations for Delita, Algus, Ovelia, Gafgarion & Alma. So thats 5 Slots right there unless you intend to readd them to formation, which i wouldn't advise
2b) On top of the ones mentioned above, there is still slots you can remap for Olan, Balmafula and weird pigtail chick, so 3 more there.

You should have about 8 slots to work with, when creating a mod using TLW as a base, as long as you use the UWEntries sheet provided in the resources.

:lol: I was kinda hoping you'd say "no, you're out of luck."  I have no idea why this kid loves the Blue Mage.  Superhero mask, maybe?

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the monsters stats are super high, but the skills super weak.  For humans it's the opposite.  Weak humans + weak monster spells = the Blue Mage dealing 30-40 damage end game (can't fix by upping stats due to the ability to use other class magics).  :|  Anyway, thanks for the pointers.  I have some work to do.

Zantetsuken

Quote from: old school on January 21, 2020, 08:33:53 am
:lol: I was kinda hoping you'd say "no, you're out of luck."  I have no idea why this kid loves the Blue Mage.  Superhero mask, maybe?

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the monsters stats are super high, but the skills super weak.  For humans it's the opposite.  Weak humans + weak monster spells = the Blue Mage dealing 30-40 damage end game (can't fix by upping stats due to the ability to use other class magics).  :|  Anyway, thanks for the pointers.  I have some work to do.

In this patch you have very few blank skills slots, so if i were you, i'd use a class like the mediator and turn it to a Blue Mage, change the Talk Skills to replicate the monster skills you want with any formula you see fit, the only problem is that you won't be able to learn skills like a blue mage would and you won't have mediator class anymore.
  • Discord username: Zanmato