• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 06:00:15 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Lijj

I praise you for making such daring sprites!
Looks great. Only his 'snout' might need to be longer 1px from the side view, I'm not familiar with the look of these creatures though. Someone else could probably clarify that.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Hey, that is a great update. I think the sideview should be more shruken, it is too humanoid-like.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Very nice. Definitely open eyes.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Great improvements. I think the snout is okay as is, but I wouldn't mind seeing it extended, just to know what it looks like.

Cheetah

Man this is looking good. For the side view part of me wants to see him more rounded with a larger tail, but I fear that he would start not fitting in the frame. How much room do you have to work with according to shishi?

Oh and if you are really going to keep going with this sprite, think about making it more of a base sprite than a white mage. So that you could use it as a template to build other jobs off of.
Current Projects:

mav

Quote from: "Cheetah"Oh and if you are really going to keep going with this sprite, think about making it more of a base sprite than a white mage. So that you could use it as a template to build other jobs off of.
I definitely agree. Then again, I don't think modifying the White Mage would be too tough, so...either way, complete this and plenty more Nu Mou should be sure to come.

sonofgod

great job twinees..i wish i knew how

sonofgod

ok i'm probably being a bit greedy but i seen a squall character on 1 of these forms and don't know how 2 get him....sorry i know this isn't the place 4 this....o and 1 more think im trying 2 change my character in the Formation Screen 2 match the character and i have the fft unit/wldface

Knox

This sprite is looking pretty good, can't wait to see where you take it, its definately different and new and I think everyone likes to see something out of the box once and a while.

And as for the squall sprite, theres no sheet as far as i know but theres a un-formatted one in the japanese spiritng threads.

back on point, Great work Twinees!
~Auranhiem

jimmyjw88

To change the sprite on Formation, there's a tool by japanese and been converted by our FFH members (I think) to english, but I forgot the name of it. I have it at home though. Maybe someone will link you to that.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Twinees

Thanks very much all for the helpful comments.
what do you guys think? I lengthened the nose, tail and made the back rounder, but im personally liking the smaller nose.

Cheetah

The smaller nose is better. Unfortunately it sees that instead of getting more hunched over he got fatter, maybe it just can't be helped.
Current Projects:

Twinees

yes, that is a problem that seems to keep occuring, his chubiness...
i have to agree with you cheetah, the more hunched he gets the fatter he gets and yes i dont think it can be helped.
I've also been repeatingly checking whether his size will fit in, and all seems to be fine.
Also making a basic nu mou will be pretty hard, considering they are mostly/always covered with clothes, but i dont think it will be very hard to create more nu mou from this one.
Does anyone mind posting a front view of smash's bangaa? i swear i saw it on his thread, but i cant seem to find it. It may help me with the length and width of the nu mou nose.

@mav, do you mind making some more palettes for llyud? if you do, use the new (darkest) palette as the base one please. Then I will finally submit him.

jimmyjw88

Here:
[attachment=0:13b3amx3]Bangaa test.png[/attachment:13b3amx3]

Twinees

mav

Quote from: "twinees"@mav, do you mind making some more palettes for llyud? if you do, use the new (darkest) palette as the base one please. Then I will finally submit him.
Sure, just let me know what you'd like. You want more versions with red hair, or do you want ones with different pants and hair colors, kinda like generic sprites?

Lijj

Quote from: "mav"
Quote from: "twinees"@mav, do you mind making some more palettes for llyud? if you do, use the new (darkest) palette as the base one please. Then I will finally submit him.
Sure, just let me know what you'd like. You want more versions with red hair, or do you want ones with different pants and hair colors, kinda like generic sprites?
0:/\/\/\
Glad you want to submit it Twinees.
And I'm sure the palettes will be nice either way you choose. I support multi-colors for generic use.

Oh yeah the shorter nose does look better. It's amazing the length one pixel can have!

Kagebunji

Good job, Twinees. It looks a bit fat, but who cares, Nu Mou are fat aren't they. And definitly shorter nose.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

sonofgod

thinks knox and jimmy 4 the help i've learned a great deal so for..but still can't change the sprite Formation i'll learn 1 way r another....and wow twinees ur good

Twinees

@mav, Go crazy! i'd love to see what different palette you come up with. I dont mind if you change the hair colour, i'd like to see it as brown and maybe blonde? I dunno its up to you ;). took me a while to learn the ropes, but everyone gets there eventually.

Anyway im not gonna do anything tonight, because of my brothers and my (twins haha) birthday celebrations :P