• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 09:51:00 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

DeadManWalking

You know, back when I was working on my apprentice sprite, someone was telling me it'd be a good base for a black mage version of whatever the heck that is, too.  I think.  I never did play FFTA or FFTA2.

Cheetah

Quote from: "twinees"
dont judge too hard haha :P
I hope people can guess what it is, otherwise i have failed...

The face needs a bit more detail somehow, but otherwise very nice.
Current Projects:

Twinees

Quote from: "Cheetah"The face needs a bit more detail somehow, but otherwise very nice.

Somehow?  :D
I'll see what i can come up with, but you are right, it does need something.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Hm, Nu Mou looks good, like Cheetah said though, details needed.

And I ask again, man. What type is that Aegyl?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zozma

should make a girl angel too
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

sonofgod

R there any other custom sprites 2 b found

Twinees

@Kage  It's type 1 sorry. Also, what part of the head do you want to see have more detail? Ears? Nose?
@sonofgod    http://www.ffhacktics.com/sprites.php
@Zozma   Possibly. It may take some time however.

hm... what about this guys?
I prefer the one on the right...

Kagebunji

Yes, shaded nose looks better. Overall it is good. You take the head from some FFTA sheet, or do it yourself?

Twinees

Kinda, used it as a reference, mainly for the shape, but i used a variety of sprites for shading.

sonofgod

thinks bro....can't wait till ur finished..i'd like 2 c more characters from tactics advance 2 possibly the samurai

mav

I still think you could make him look more slouched, but this is a great start. I dunno where you'd implement more details (if we're talking about the face). Great job though.

Cheetah

Mav makes a good point. With so many more pixels you could definitely base this more off of the character art than just the sprite, though obviously that would be a lot harder. Right now it just looks like a high res version of the FFT one. For instance, he has no eyes. I would recommend using the art work from FFTA and FFTXII as a source, just to see what you come up with.

Some one needs to really finish that flan res upgrade from this series too, that would be an excellent monster addition,
Current Projects:

Twinees

i did do a version with fft eyes, like smash's bangaa. But, like smash's bangaa, it probably looks better using two pixels than three. I always thought of Nu Mou as monsters/humaniods that could only just see. kinda like this

Cheetah

It having squenty eyes is fine, I just wish it had more of the other features matching this artwork. Like the hunched over look and the tail.
Current Projects:

Twinees

Twinees

what about this guys?

In my opinion, it looks so much better... which do you guys prefer, eyes? or squinting eyes?
Mav was so right about the hunch haha

Cheetah

Very nice Twinees. I have to say I think the eye being opened is looking pretty good. He is maybe looking a bit too fat, maybe make him one or two pixels less wide, and maybe bring his head even one more pixel down.
Current Projects:

Twinees

Head brought down 1 pixel, and body shruken. Yet i still like the on the left, or centre.

Lijj

I like the middle one. (0r left)The eye's looking better.

Twinees