• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

July 15, 2024, 09:24:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 ... 10
Help! / [FFTA] Merging Mods/Patches
Last post by BlueRedMage - Today at 01:36:42 pm
Hey all, as the title says: I would like to build my perfect version of FFTA by combining a small handful of mods. Is this even possible, or should I grab some tools and build my own mod from scratch?

I'm experienced with patching and have tested most of these individually. When patched alone, as single mods on a fresh rom, they work as expected. When adding any second patch (including one that uses freespace and is supposedly compatible with anything) I cannot progress beyond the tutorial bangaa fight.

While I know the nature of rom hacks/patches usually prevents combining mods, I was hopeful since all of them mod different aspects of the game and one in particular claimed to be both compatible and confirmed working with another mod.

unrelated: these spam preventing game questions are extremely tedious, given I haven't played FFT in like 15 years
Completed Mods / I’m looking for mod recommenda...
Last post by Wernecksteiger - Today at 10:50:34 am
Hi guys. Im looking for some mod recommendations, and while we have a lot of options here, I'm a bit lost about what to play. I'm looking for a mod that contains:

-WOTL content, be it a WOTL mod or a PSX version with the content added, since I never played it in my life, so I want to experience for the first time the extra content;

-More variety of enemies during story battles. I want to experience new formations of enemies instead of the original vanilla battles, that I already know how many enemies to expect and their jobs in every single story battle;

-Harder battles, with more skilled and better equipped enemies (no more knights with robes or units using equip change/defend in later stages of the game for example);

-Jobs and skills rebalance, but without losing their vanilla identity (while I find awesome what some mods offer in terms of completely reworked and new jobs and skills, at the moment I'm looking for something more traditional);

-Multiplayer items accessible would be very cool, regardless of the method to obtain them;

-Special battles and enemies (like mini bosses using unique jobs/skills not accessible to the player) would also be very cool.

Unfortunately, I don't have the free time I wanted to have to test the mods and discover by myself, so thats why I'm asking for you guy's help. So, what do you guys recommend me? Thanks !

(Sorry mods if its posted somehow against the rules or in the wrong place, but I'm totally lost in this forum)

The Lion War / Re: The Lion War 2.031 - Bug R...
Last post by keo - Today at 01:49:25 am
Hello,

I'm using The Lion War v2.031.7 on Duckstation (android), and when I go to Learn menu, the skills don't show the JP requeriment for them, they stay in gray out, not showing MP, speed and JP

Is it a bug or normal??
The Lion War / Re: The Lion War 2.031 - DOWNL...
Last post by keo - Today at 01:30:54 am
Hi all,

I'm using The Lion War v2.031.7 on Duckstation, and the skills don't show the JP requeriment for them, they stay in gray out, not showing MP, speed and JP

Is it normal??
Spriting / Re: Official Sprite Request Se...
Last post by Goat - July 12, 2024, 08:48:00 am
I am looking for comic book characters, Marvel, DC, Invincible, whatever. Willing to pay commission!
The Lion War / Re: The Lion War 2.031 - Bug R...
Last post by MonsoonKid - July 10, 2024, 12:00:57 am
Have a problem where the game freezes at the end of the cutscene where Delita kills Gelwane after being outed as a traitor, full cutscene plays out but then freezes on resolution.

(Playing on duckstation if this helps at all)

*****Quick edit because I did some more looking around and found my solution, thanks very much to this thread https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12947.0 *******
Completed Mods / Re: FFT: Emergence 2 [EN/ES] (...
Last post by Teigan - July 09, 2024, 06:12:41 pm
Just starting a playthrough testing with a hacked save, and the HD textures. The only issue I'm having is some of my characters Paladin's Basic Skill is showing up as Chocobo Arts in title only. Not sure if it's because of something on my end or not, but I will post more as I progress, everything running smoothly for me so far! Keep up the good work!

T_Gun_gaming on twitch if anyone wants to check it out, drop a follow, just starting up.
Event Editing / Re: Notepad++ Event Syntax Hig...
Last post by susdosvigo - July 09, 2024, 10:52:25 am
Thanks for the detailed guide on setting up FFT Events in Notepad++. It seems straightforward and should be helpful for anyone dealing with these file types. Personally, I find Notepad++ quite versatile for coding and organizing different types of files. By the way, if you're into organizing notes or files in a more private manner, you might want to check out NotesOnline. It's an online notepad that allows you to create anonymous notes that are automatically deleted after reading, which can be handy for keeping things confidential.
Hope this helps, and thanks again for sharing the setup instructions.
FFT TLW ReMixed / Re: FFT The Lion War ReMixed v...
Last post by Blandation - July 08, 2024, 10:16:36 pm
So, this is bizarre.  Defend is now working.  There was some random-ass fight at Sweegy Woods where when I used my generic Knight to defend, the game would freeze.  I even saved a state and tried it a few times to make sure (I overwrote it, sadly), so something weird made it happen.  I'll update if I discover anything. 

I did try Duckstation and everything was fine there, too.  Shocked I haven't tried that emulator sooner, it's pretty good.  But kinda glad it just works now, I'm not sure how to convert saveram to mcd and was worried I'd have to start over (even though I'm only on chapter 1)
FFT TLW ReMixed / Re: FFT The Lion War ReMixed v...
Last post by Nyzer - July 08, 2024, 10:13:19 pm
Quote from: randomchen on July 08, 2024, 03:56:44 pmWhat an amazing job. Bravo!

I've been playing v1.1.11.401 and had a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, the 3rd battle in the Limberry Castle, the one with Algus, is causing crashes and making the game unable to proceed.
The crash happens when Ramza moves, or when Algus moves, or when someone uses magic/calculation.

Another strange thing is, when Algus seems to be summoning minions before the battle begins, you only hear teleport sound effects a few times while the camera moves as if something is about to appear, except nothing appears.

Shall I update the ISO with a newer version?

[Update] - Never mind. I just finished this battle by using 1.1.11

Yeah, I've heard of that before. No idea what's up with it, as 1.1.11 should just be the exact same but with the sprites not April Fooled up.

Quote from: Jamus on July 08, 2024, 08:56:52 pmWith Pass equipped, I was able to jump onto an enemy chocobo right at the opening of Finnath Creek 🤣.  First move, red boy moves up to hit me with a Choco meteor then I hop down and mount him like a bull 🐂🤠.

Yep, that bug was recently reported to me. It's fucking hilarious.
Pages1 2 3 ... 10