• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 25, 2024, 09:31:51 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Sidequest Ideas (31/40)

Started by LastingDawn, July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm

Mightypickle

November 16, 2009, 04:26:44 pm #220 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mightypickle
I believe Lasting Dawn wants to make some references to previous FF games, so I have a suggestion for FFIX: It would be cool to have an enemy or maybe an ally called Ipsen, and maybe give him a friend called Colin. Ipsen was an adventurer in FFIX, he's mentioned a few times by Zidane, and the party names a castle they do not know the real name of Ipsen's Castle. Its not a very easily noticeable reference, but personally I think those are the best kind.

jimmyjw88

November 16, 2009, 07:36:00 pm #221 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Ah yes, the gang with Zidane? If it is, i love those dudes. Haha.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

November 17, 2009, 09:15:40 am #222 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
I already gave ideas about encountering with Tantalus, now I'm doing sprites for them
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Sephirot24

November 17, 2009, 02:16:37 pm #223 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
That'd be fantastic. Tantalus is composed of Baku, Zidane Blank, Marcus and Cinna though.
But any FFIX reference will be great IMO. IDK what LD thinks about it though..

Kagebunji

November 17, 2009, 04:27:24 pm #224 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Ld said he will use this for sure, I wouldn't do sprites for them if he told he won't use this sidequest idea ;)

Oh, and I also am doing Ruby.

Wasabi

November 17, 2009, 06:14:13 pm #225 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
I believe a Gilgamesh sidequest has been said many times in this thread, but I'd like to suggest a small extension to it, if possible. What about making a series of sidequests that parallel both Yojimbo from FFX and Gilgamesh of FFV, where Yojimbo is either a guest/rival enemy unit that either aids you in a mission or prevents you from accomplishing it? For the latter, he'll compete with you to see who'll win the mission, and if he is the victor he ends up taking the spoils? Just a thought.

LastingDawn

November 17, 2009, 07:25:46 pm #226 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That doesn't seem a bad idea, the problems all come back to Sprites, what sprite would represent Yojimbo?

EDIT: Also the idea with Ipsen is very nice! Subtlety is my preference.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

mav

November 17, 2009, 09:29:57 pm #227 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Ooh, since Yojimbo can supposedly be read as "services for hire" in Kanji, I'm sure making him a mercenary/bounty hunter would help ready him for this patch's environment. I guess I should mention that my earlier idea for Gilgamesh was to parallel the titular character from the Epic of Gilgamesh, while hopefully incorporating elements of Gilgamesh from FFV (and possibly FFXII).

So what's your idea for Yojimbo, Wasabi? I hope he brings dog/pet thing, Daigoro.

Mightypickle

November 18, 2009, 10:53:05 am #228 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mightypickle
Quote from: "Kagebunji"I already gave ideas about encountering with Tantalus, now I'm doing sprites for them

That's amazing ^^, you guys are working really hard on this patch, it's truly inspiring. btw, the sprites in your sign look quite good.

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Also the idea with Ipsen is very nice! Subtlety is my preference.
Exactly ^^, and also, since Ipsen never did show up in the game, you guys can just take a generic knight or something and call him Ipsen. Or if you're willing, create an original sprite (not quite needed in my opinion, a simple knight with a different color would do the job)

Kokojo

November 18, 2009, 12:09:40 pm #229 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Lasting, Il suggest the idea we discussed about as a sidequest *Just a reminder for both of us*
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Wasabi

November 18, 2009, 09:58:51 pm #230 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
Was Ipsen portrayed as a knight in FFIX?

My idea for Yojimbo in Mercernaries is to make him into a "rival mercenary" that occasionally encounters Gaffy, Ramza and Rad on their missions. Whether he chooses to assist you in a bounty hunt, or compete with you for a bounty's head, is up to your discretion and his "offer." Maybe an "either/or" choice to bargain him as a usable guest with gil (which he will list the price himself) on certain missions, whereas in other certain missions he will choose to compete with you (again, an appropriate price to keep him off your bounty). I think this idea will be unique, but I've heard money is hard to come by in Mercs so this "pay to sway" proposition might need some compromise. And yes, I was just thinking about having Daigoro assist him as a separate unit.

Also, this idea might not have to parallel with the Gilgamesh arc. I just thought it would be a nice added twist to have these two infamous samurais having a sort of vendetta with one another, but if you're going to use the "Epic of Gilgamesh" as the base for Gilgamesh's entry by all means do that. :wink: ).

Hmm... Y'know what's a good bounty to consider? The legendary duo of Yoshitsune and Benkei, and the battle should be done on a bridge. :)

mav

November 19, 2009, 07:23:40 am #231 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Quote from: "Wasabi"Also, this idea might not have to parallel with the Gilgamesh arc. I just thought it would be a nice added twist to have these two infamous samurais having a sort of vendetta with one another, but if you're going to use the "Epic of Gilgamesh" as the base for Gilgamesh's entry by all means do that. Smile That epic is a wonderful read.
Hmm, well there's definitely room for developing Gilgamesh's character. After Enkidu dies at the last portion of the sidequest, he doesn't have much more story. I say we should exploit the similarities and differences between Yojimbo and Gilgamesh and make them rivals of sorts. But I'd definitely like to see the party compete against Yojimbo for bounties or something; that would be cool.

Oh and I still need to expand my old tournament idea...Methinks Yojimbo should make an appearance.

Luminar

November 19, 2009, 08:55:08 am #232 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Luminar
i would really like to see fusoya or the Home of the Lunarians from FF2....

warrioroflight

November 21, 2009, 09:48:55 pm #233 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by warrioroflight
I dont know if it has been mentioned yet, but maybe a dissidia themed sidequest would be possible?

Kagebunji

December 27, 2009, 12:11:42 pm #234 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
First give idea about this sidequest with Dissidia.

I think that I will post those two new palettes of Demon's what do you think guys?

mav

December 27, 2009, 02:35:01 pm #235 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
I say post 'em, we'll fit 'em in where we can.

Kagebunji

December 27, 2009, 02:48:51 pm #236 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
I will post 'em later today then. Oh and do you have smaller veersion of that black/red demon portrait?? I dunno how to resize it.

mav

December 27, 2009, 06:04:15 pm #237 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Yeah, I have the demon's portrait. Here ya go:

Kagebunji

I played not long ago FFVI and I got some idea. How about making a scene when seven reliquians (since they reminds Narshe guards the most) attacking Terra, and Locke with two Mogles must protect her? Then you would have choice to either help Locke and moogles, or help Narshe guards instead. Locke sprite is currently being created by Bloodthirster, and I want to do Terra sprite and moogles. I just know not where the scene could occur, maybe in Dorter slum? Or some woods? I will leave it to you to decide LD. Also, after this you might still continue this small sidequest in some way, I just must to think how...

mav

Wouldn't it need to take place in a cave or something? If you're willing to utilize the colliery (a la Beowulf's sidequest in Vanilla), this could become a multi-part sidequest...I personally like the idea a lot, so I'd definitely like to see this get fleshed out.

Now that I think about it, there are going to be a ton of cameos in this game. I hope it's not overboard...