• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:18:38 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[old]The Lion War Base Patch Resources v1.06

Started by 3lric, September 28, 2019, 08:40:25 am

3lric

September 28, 2019, 08:40:25 am Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 03:22:07 am by Elric
[old resource thread, please refer to new thread as this one is no longer supported]
  • Modding version: PSX

Amici

One last question:

I managed to successfully build my own patch of TLW, but at the end I got this "error" from FFTorgASM. Is this normal and just ignore it?

And I also didn't get a message from orgasm such as "Patch successful" or anything like that. How can I tell if it patched correctly?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

That error is fine. Its stating error in error lol.

OrgASM has no prompt. Just give it 30 seconds to a minute to be safe, then close it. In reality its done in about 3 seconds

yamish

Any plans to migrate these over into their respective author's asm threads? Or is it on the individual authors to do that if they wish?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Amici

Quote from: Elric on December 04, 2019, 04:45:41 pm
That error is fine. Its stating error in error lol.

OrgASM has no prompt. Just give it 30 seconds to a minute to be safe, then close it. In reality its done in about 3 seconds

Great! Thanks! Then that should mean my build should be perfect.

3lric

Quote from: yamish on December 04, 2019, 05:53:49 pm
Any plans to migrate these over into their respective author's asm threads? Or is it on the individual authors to do that if they wish?

The only ones that are new are the ability ones xifanie made, which i will update. And the extra job class that Choto made. I figured he would do that himself so he can explain a bit about it. Unless he asks me to, i wont step on his toes.

Everything else is public. Aside from the 2 Jot5 RSMs that were used for DK, and since those are made for Jot5, Im not gonna post them elsewhere either. I felt sketchy enough editing Ravens EVSP post to release my unofficial EVSP 2.1

Gordon_Ramza

Quote from: Amici on December 04, 2019, 01:18:24 am
1. Use Shishi to expand clean ISO, insert all custom sprites using Shishi. For my part, I will also insert the other custom sprites I want to use.

Is the "clean ISO" here an unpached FFT ISO of one patched with TLW and nothing else?
The fact there is a character named Beowulf and a family named Beoulve seems pretty stupid. It is not Ramza Beowulf or Beoulve Cadmus/Kadmas.

3lric

Clean always means unpatched and unmodified

Gordon_Ramza

I was going through the FFTPatcher Jobs, Abilities, Skill Sets, and Job Levels page and had a hell of a time finding the data on the generic Dark Knight (and couldn't even find them in the Job Levels page). Am I using the right tool & where are they in said tool (FFTPatcher also counts, as I might be using the right tool from the start)
The fact there is a character named Beowulf and a family named Beoulve seems pretty stupid. It is not Ramza Beowulf or Beoulve Cadmus/Kadmas.

3lric

You need to actually read the post. It took quite a while to write everything out, and this is all explained... The fact that you even mentioned the Job Levels page in FFTP tells me you didn't really read my post...

If you are new to FFTP then that's a different story entirely, as these resources are made under the assumption that you already know how the tools we have, work.

Amici

Hi Elric, great job with the update! Awesome! Just gotta ask again, I have a "customized" 1.04 image file like I said before. Is it necessary to re-do my whole customization again for 1.05? Or can I just re-patch the ASM hacks from the 1.05 set?

old school

Hey guys!  I have 2 questions:

1) Is there anything that sets weapon sprites outside of FFTPatcher, like an ASM?  I'm trying to update the Nagrarock to be anything else and the in-battle animation looks like palette 8, graphic D (yellow sword), regardless of selection.  I'm reluctant to use the bug reporting thread without more information (not to mention this is not a TLW bug from my perspective).

2) In the event that I want to spend the rest of my life rebalancing to make the Blue Mage, are there any spriteset slots available to overwrite?  You guys have done so much work and added so much content, all my go-tos are used.

Great mod!  It does change a lot of the things I was used to doing, but makes other much more intuitive!  I'm getting my 7 year old exposed to WotL, and I'm so happy that now I can instead use this.

3lric

1) Ja, Raven's Workbooks has the weapon battle graphic assigner

2) Yes, more than a few slots left to overwrite using UWEntries...
2a) Guests aren't in formation in TLW, so you could remap the formations for Delita, Algus, Ovelia, Gafgarion & Alma. So thats 5 Slots right there unless you intend to readd them to formation, which i wouldn't advise
2b) On top of the ones mentioned above, there is still slots you can remap for Olan, Balmafula and weird pigtail chick, so 3 more there.

You should have about 8 slots to work with, when creating a mod using TLW as a base, as long as you use the UWEntries sheet provided in the resources.

old school

Quote from: Elric on January 20, 2020, 11:04:05 pm
2) Yes, more than a few slots left to overwrite using UWEntries...
2a) Guests aren't in formation in TLW, so you could remap the formations for Delita, Algus, Ovelia, Gafgarion & Alma. So thats 5 Slots right there unless you intend to readd them to formation, which i wouldn't advise
2b) On top of the ones mentioned above, there is still slots you can remap for Olan, Balmafula and weird pigtail chick, so 3 more there.

You should have about 8 slots to work with, when creating a mod using TLW as a base, as long as you use the UWEntries sheet provided in the resources.

:lol: I was kinda hoping you'd say "no, you're out of luck."  I have no idea why this kid loves the Blue Mage.  Superhero mask, maybe?

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the monsters stats are super high, but the skills super weak.  For humans it's the opposite.  Weak humans + weak monster spells = the Blue Mage dealing 30-40 damage end game (can't fix by upping stats due to the ability to use other class magics).  :|  Anyway, thanks for the pointers.  I have some work to do.

Zantetsuken

Quote from: old school on January 21, 2020, 08:33:53 am
:lol: I was kinda hoping you'd say "no, you're out of luck."  I have no idea why this kid loves the Blue Mage.  Superhero mask, maybe?

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the monsters stats are super high, but the skills super weak.  For humans it's the opposite.  Weak humans + weak monster spells = the Blue Mage dealing 30-40 damage end game (can't fix by upping stats due to the ability to use other class magics).  :|  Anyway, thanks for the pointers.  I have some work to do.

In this patch you have very few blank skills slots, so if i were you, i'd use a class like the mediator and turn it to a Blue Mage, change the Talk Skills to replicate the monster skills you want with any formula you see fit, the only problem is that you won't be able to learn skills like a blue mage would and you won't have mediator class anymore.
  • Discord username: Zanmato

Nyzer

You can absolutely learn skills like a Blue Mage can. That's how you learn Ultima and Zodiark after all.

Also, not only would I personally sacrifice the multiple duplicate Bio spells, it's not even necessary - there are plenty of monster skills that can be reworked to fit blue magic, and considering that blue magic comes from monsters, this should be the obvious starting point.

As for making Blue Magic not weak, the obvious answer is to nerf monster MA and buff their MA based skills. Let monsters keep being stronger than humans, but not to such a massive degree. Then make any PA skills based on weapon damage, the same way Ashley Riot's skills are. There are other solutions such as using alternate formulas that aren't so raw stat based, too.

3lric

Since when does a blue mage require new skill slots? Lol

old school

The Blue Mage learns monster skills, which is cool because it doesn't require any additional skill slots.  I feel like this is not the place, though, so I'll make a post somewhere else later this week for anyone interested with links, thoughts, and my own obstacles for others to empathize.

old school

Quote from: Elric on January 20, 2020, 11:04:05 pm1) Ja, Raven's Workbooks has the weapon battle graphic assigner

@Elric Sorry to bring this back up.  I don't find a lot of time to just sit at my computer much these days to follow up.

I've looked through the folders, but haven't seen anything that stands out for the battle graphic assigner.  Am I missing it?  I've clicked through most, if not all, of these files in the resources provided.

https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7271.0 Raven's Workbooks here.

demonwk

is it possible to upload a folder with the game ready to use with this mod only without any other crazy stuff ?
just seems a bit confusing seeing the guide on how to make everything work and it will be a huge help