Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to FFH! Where all your dreams come true!

Poll

Who should live? (Keep in mind, if Reis lives, she WON'T be a Dragoner.)

Reis
Beowulf

Final Fantasy Tactics: Embargo  (Read 18841 times)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
SaGa Frontier Hacker
Pickle Girl Fanboy [Posts: 1482] Logged
  • View Profile
  • Bio Research Lab
  • [May 13, 2012, 09:07:51 PM]
Unreliable as a Mime.
The Damned [Posts: 2092] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 23, 2012, 08:53:04 PM]
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics: Embargo
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2012, 08:53:04 PM »
(I should probably change that poll to something less of a farce even if Reraised isn't guaranteed to be dead just yet.)

I hadn't wanted to update until I finished on stats, but it feels rude not having replied to Solifuge in all this time when I've been obviously been for everyday of the past couple of weeks.

As ever, thanks for being patient with me. I've actually made quite a bit of progress in the past couple of weeks and have made an especially good amount of progress in planning in just the past couple of hours I've been awake before starting to type this up.

(I perhaps would be even further had I not been forced to spend the first three hours of this morning trying to restore the damn audio to this computer after I idiotically deleted it cleaning unused programs out. Oh well. Lesson learned.)

With the usual thanks out of the way, the first announcement shall be that I think I've decided on the "final" re-arrangement of classes; I have perhaps said this before though. Regardless, I might as well announce this formally:

Chemist dies in a fire...of Mossfungus poisoning.
Thief is no-longer available to the player.
Newest, "final" classes are Scholar and...Dimensionalist?

Now, I know what you're thinking after you get past mourning Items and Steals is probably something incredulous: "But isn't Dimensionalist already a class whose name you stole from Raven, you spoony, thieving bard?"

My answer: "Kinda."

Even before taking the name from him, I was having reservations and thoughts about several issues that have now been taken to the logical conclusion. It will become obvious what I meant in my next post given that post will pretty much be all about class changes, but for now I'm just going to let anyone who cares speculate while I ride this konami of faux hype.

With that out of the way, I suppose I might as well address some other things beyond Solifuge's post since I so love to whore numerical lists:

1. Chemist is pretty much deader than dead: Chemists will still appear in cut-scenes and still be referenced in-game, but they probably won't ever appear in battle in Embargo now. I might use their sprites for in-battle generic Engineers like 1.3 and its ilk, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

2. Items will, for the present, probably die rather than become universal: They will most likely make into the Embargo's first "full" release considering Zareb has shown that's functionally possible despite the problems that still exist. What capacity of universality those items maintain is almost impossible to say at present. For right now, however, I'm going to leave them out for at least "testing purposes"; testing purposes is basically to see how I would fair without Items and how other people will as well. As such, this will probably apply to at least the first "beta", so it's just a heads up. I might just use their space for "something" else in the meantime depending....

3. Thieves, on the other hand, will still be around as enemies: They'll be showing up primarily in the Chapter 1 and the beginning of Chapter 2 and at least one battle of Chapter 4, though that will likely be optional. They'll probably show up in Chapter 3 a bit since Ninja are completely out (still).

4. Likewise, Steal will still be available to the player: You just won't be able to Steal steel still because Steal Weapon is still dying. I won't reveal the class it's going to just yet, but trust me, I'm doing my best to have everything make at least some sense. Surprisingly, having Steal go to this class was a rather easy decision after another epiphany I had yesterday/last night; in fact, it seems so damn obvious now, I feel like smacking myself.

5. Snake Eyes: Gambler didn't end up getting in because it felt rather hypocritical to make a class based around "randomness" when I at least (mentally) chewed someone out for that in the past couple of weeks--not talking about weapon procs, Raven. Also, it was because I couldn't think of enough "random" skills that were a) good and b) something the AI would use. "Roulette" and "Luck" might still come up, though, not that you know what those do (yet).

Similarly, Sage didn't make it in as a generic because it's basically uber-Red Mage, which steps on Roderick's toes. Ranger didn't make it in as a generic I'm already having difficult time trying to come up with usable skills for Marksman.

6. Stopped now stops almost all status: I actually made this change at the beginning of May, but I don't think I pointed it out even if it's already in the status list in this thread: As a warm up to Stopped likely eventually ignoring attacks right out, it's currently immune to most statuses being added to it. While this is perhaps somewhat counter-intuitive given the skill set it's a part of, it's difficult to argue against it making "sense". To make up for this (and prevent potential abuse), it currently counts as a KO, however temporary. I still have to test how wonky that will make the AI act, though, which should be genuinely fun and interesting.

(Hmmm...I actually just had an intriguing, fruitful thought as to where to go with Stopped....)

7. Frogged now longer counts as KO: Speaking of not-knockouts, Frogged now back to counting not as a KO, which is something I also changed about a month ago. Instead, I'm going to steal from ARENA and just have it be canceled by Dying now. (Note to self: Add that to the status list on Friday.)

8. Silencing the Silenced: A rather minor change and one that I've done to other statuses without announcing it, but I figure since Silenced is back, there's no point in me "hiding" this so to speak: Silenced will no longer be able to inflicted on those already Silenced. The reason for this will become quite apparent eventually, though I'll say that part of it has to do with a likely (minor) change I'm making to Orator now.

9. Confused will currently die and become formerdeathcorps' Exposed: Since I don't want to kill Reraised off just yet and since I've yet to think of any constructive changes that can save Confused and since I don't want to steal from formerdeathcorps even more just yet, Confused will die for now. I figure that, even as much as I would like to be "faithful" to Final Fantasy history and have Confused in the game, especially since it's been around in almost every iteration from the beginning, I shouldn't be slave that history. I'm not going to agree with Nietzsche beyond that, though, and so I've decided to "steal" formerdeathcorps' Expose status rather than "invent" another status; it's not like I hadn't thought of it before myself given Edgar's Debilitator from FFVI--I just thought it would interfere with the other plans I had for status, elements and monsters, but it shouldn't.

I've already decided on four or five abilities it will be part of, though admittedly only one of those will be available to (generic) humans at present. Much like my indolence with Addled going back to Silenced still, this will necessitate thinking of Confused as Exposed in advance before it's coded; it's only really on a bunch of things that also add Blind and the crappy "Confusion Song" of Paladin that's dying. Regardless, I'll have to try to force myself to put it on more things, even if at present its stuck with an infinite duration. This is still infinitely better than Confused between weaknesses being 1.5 instead of 2 and taking formerdeathcorps' cue to have it be canceled by at least Protect and Shell; there is a minor exception to this with one item among my Tomes that Exposed's existence rather...complicates, but those things might need a (large) overhaul anyway since, like a certain Stave or two, they might be surprisingly overpowered.

As for when or if Confused might return, I am unsure. I'll be honest and say, at this point, Vampiric/Vampirism (Blood Suck) has a better chance of returning than Confused does presently. Regardless of what happens, Exposed is here to stay.

10. Knight's name becomes Fencer: Something else I've been pondering for a while, even before I conceived Embargo, mostly because of the change of (generic) Squire to Soldier and that cut-scene the first time you're in Dorter. Outside of the huge amount of now necessary shuffling that's going to happen, this will mostly be a change in name only; I seriously think half of the classes are seeing some change at this point because of said shuffling. Much like Thieves, though, "proper" Knights will still be around as enemies. (Note to self: Change this on the front page when posting on Friday.)

11. Blind is no longer blocked by Sleeping: Another minor change that I've undone that I feel should be pointed out, especially since there's no evidence of this one unlike the others. Blind is already kinda screwed over by getting canceled by Dying and still currently getting canceled by Regening now; it doesn't need further impediments, especially with all the equipment that blocks it too.

12. Martial Arts is coming back: I need more already-coded Supports at present, bare-fists don't have a solid formula right now and it's not broken if it's not innate, especially if its "watered-down" to 25%, though I'm not sure I'll do that actually. This is even more apparent if Two Swords isn't innate on anyone else either with Thieves no longer being generics. At present, it will be named "Brawler" even if that's rather "meh", at least from the name-scheming I want.

13. Breaks are breaking up: Well, Weapon Break has already been on a different set from Shield Break, Head Break and Armor Break for quite a while, but there's a decent chance that Shield Break might separate from the other two now as well. Let me clarify that this is not because Weapon Break is dying; unlike Steal Weapon, it's staying alive.

*resists urge to link to Bee Gees song*

Regardless of why the split is happening, it seems rather unlikely that the player will be able to affect all pieces of an opponent's equipment--weapon(s), shield, helm, armor, accessory--through any combination of sets on one (generic) unit. At most people will probably be able to affect only 4 of the 5 at once.

As such, I feel it's only fair to ask the obvious question, especially since I realize it undermines Maintenance (though that's already getting a buff): Would people be okay with this?

(Much like the poll, please bear in mind that while I will take any direct [reasonable] responses with regards to this into consideration, they may not ultimately sway my opinion even if the majority of people aren't okay with it. It will probably at least stay so divided for the Beta.)

All that finally said, the next post will be entirely class-related and detail the shuffling that's going on with human generics and probably some generic monsters as well. I'm also going to try to finally get up stats for human generics (up to Lv. 50) and my increasingly seemingly ill-planned redone equipment up around that same time. I'll try to have this all done by Friday, but try not to get your hopes up.

I don't get it. You keep calling yourself lazy, a bad designer, and so on, yet have been consistently churning out detailed posts with a pretty good amount of well-thought-out design material. If it's your subconscious fishing for compliments via self-deprecation, I'm not going to argue with your own self-criticism... been there, done that, and it's a bit exhausting. Still, you'd do well to stop being your own worst enemy, to hate/disparage yourself less, and not disable yourself and your potential with nonsense self-insults and criticism.

Eh, it's possible. Kinda difficult to tell what goes on in one's subconscious (if one even believes in such a Freudian thing), even with as much rumination as I do. I'm honestly just used to thinking and talking about myself that way, so I don't really consciously do it much of the time or think it's a huge deal when I do consciously do it; I also honestly can't really accept praise as well and I realize how much I self-sabotage at times, so there's that too.

That said, I was being sincere about feeling that I've been lazy about this (and a lot of other things) far too constantly and I don't want to disappoint (even more) people by getting their hopes up for something that might not even ever get completed; I rather hate the idea of "hope" since it's pretty much always a lie.

Regardless, nihilistic tone of that last line aside, I'll try to stop self-deprecating so much when I post since it does seem rather attention-whorish and my posts are long enough as it is.

So you all have my deepest apologies.

Anyway, this is a pretty good looking plan, and makes for an entertaining read... I really hope you keep at it, and it sees full development some day. Try Google Docs for backing things up, if you want things out in the cloud where you can retrieve them on any machine. Also, ModDB is here. They have a tab for PS1 modding, and it's still active.

Oh, I see. Thanks. I'll take a look at ModDB. Bookmarked it just now.

I suppose I should consider using Google Docs, even as wary as I am of giving them yet more of my information. I was made away of it sometime last year when Eternal used it for Parted Ways, just never though to use it, but maybe I will....
Unreliable as a Mime.
  • View Profile
  • [July 09, 2012, 09:28:22 PM]
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2012, 09:28:22 PM »
(Let's see how quickly I can do this considering how utterly I'm screwing myself over right now. Probably not quick enough, especially since I kinda need to get Sunday back...)

So, despite disappearing for almost a month from FFH in general again and having not posted in here in about 45 days already (ugh), I have been working on this. In fact, I've probably just massively screwed myself in real life quite a bit by working on this so constantly, including how long it took to update the front page before this post. I've been really meticulous about it since I want to all the space and stats done piece by piece and accounted for so that then I only have slightly alter things rather than overhaul them again.

Regardless, I feel I need to update this before I can "stop" (read: slow down...even more) for a bit considering I promised it and I'm behind as it is.

As such, I've updated the front page's original post & class posts and, far less substantially, the status effects section. I'm delaying touching monsters until I fully decide on some ENTDs and redone equipment.

That said, before I get to condensed class updates, I'll talk about other things:

1. Feeling Blue: Considering how much Pickle Girl Fanboy has mentioned Saga Frontier in the past few months, I find it funny that at the same time I've gotten more and more sure about my final character. As such, I can finally reveal that the "mystery mage" that was initially to garner Elidibus's attention was the character Blue from Saga Frontier. His magick was supposed to be Faithless considering that he doesn't hail from Ivalice, but, instead, from "Hell", given I was going to take him from right after his "ending" in that game. Sad to say that won't happen now, though his and Cloud's replacement is a lot more relevant to the overall plot now and even more deeply involved with Elidibus.

2. The Greatest Mage: Speaking of Elidibus so much, I feel somewhat haughty mentioning this, but I actually managed to progress the story excellently during the last past month. Elidibus's motive has entirely been figured out now as has pretty much everything in the major story sans some screwing around with Adrammelech and Zalbag that I don't really have to do, per se. I've even figured out what I'm doing with a couple of maps that I hadn't even really thought about before last month.

3. Time Out: So, to further elaborate what I meant about Dimensionalist being the "newest" class, the newest class is actually Temporalist. However, that took over Time Mage's spot since Dimensionalist and Temporalist are split halves of Time Mage that focus on space and time respectively; getting rid of Blue now seems doubly ironic. Dimensionalist is thus the class that took over Calculator (since Animist took over generic Thief's slot), so technically it's "new"; this even though it also has more of the abilities that the old composite Dimensionalist had.

4. Rosenconfused & Guildereraised are Dead: As I updated in the status effect section, alongside Treasure & Chicken being gone forever no matter what happens, Confused & Reraised have died at least temporarily. They have been replaced by Imperiled (formerly Exposed) and Blessed respectively, though the former has yet to ASM'd; the latter also needs ASM'd, but that's more to prevent Blessed from Reraising people like it now shouldn't. (Let be known that I did see that Reraised slightly won out to not die in the last poll, which isn't surprising. Let it also be known that I also saw that only 11 other people voted, which also isn't surprising.)

5. Poll the Dead: Speaking of polls involving the death of things and that may very possibly be rigged, the new poll is now much simpler: "Who should live? Beowulf or Reis?" Like the old poll, I won't necessarily be bound by this, but it will be interesting to see if nothing else and I probably should have polled on it earlier. Unlike the old poll, I won't vote on this one at all to avoid showing (most of) my bias.

6. Exercise Caution: During the last month, I came to the decision that not only is Defending not dying, but it will be rather integral to something I want to do. It has presently been renamed "Cautious". That's it for now though since it's presently not on any active abilities yet, though that will doubtless change; it's planned to be on at least one of Paladin's abilities, but currently the formula I want doesn't allow for status to be added, so....

7. Shield Me From Harm: Speaking of Paladin, despite the fact that I feel I have to do equipment over again (hence why I'm still not posting it just yet), I have come to another "conclusion": all generics will now be allowed to use Shields for the meantime. It was something that Raven wanted to do for his patch and, as much as I was initially wary of it, I figured "screw it", especially given my current shields and their interchangeablity. As a consequence, though, Equip Shield is now completely freaking useless, though I have a (shield-related) idea about how to bring it back.

8. Itemizing RSMs: With Chemist having died in a fire, Auto Potion and Throw Item have gone with it as far as usability goes as well. To make up for these three losses, I have brought back the three RSMs that, without certain ASMs, I consider rather overpowered: Concentrate, Martial Arts and MP Switch. We'll see how this goes.

Also, Equip Crossbow now "Equip Ranged", which allows for Crossbows, Longbows & Guns even though Guns can't be used by generics innately otherwise. Similarly, Equip Polearms will probably allow for Staves to be equipped too and Equip Katana/Knife is now planned to be Equip Magegear, which will allow for Rods, Tomes & Instruments to be equipped; that would essentially make it the magickal equivalent of Equip Ranged.

9. Actively Selected Mechanics: Much like RSMs, I decided to actively look over and update the overall ASMs that I'm "borrowing". It's easier to make a list in this case since the front page doesn't have what I excised:

10. One-Hundred and One Stats: Part of me being a meticulously slow bastard was me finally working on stats. For now, growths are all uniform, though that may change back.

At present, MA kinda gets too high, PA can probably get a bit higher and I still have to "fix" the MP raw stat since even with an MP growth of 8, MP still starts and ends way too low for my liking; making MP growth less than 8 has it grow too fast for me, especially for in terms of leaving gaps between the "warrior" paths and the "mage" paths. I also need to up HP raw stat too, if only for Mimes with its current restrictions.

Presently, the game is still "supposed" to go up to "only" Level 49 or 50, but like growths, I may theoretically be open to returning to Level 99 as the ceiling.

With that finally out of the way and me barely hanging on to consciousness despite all that I need to do, I might as well get on to the generic class changes. I'll be talking about every class, though Animist will only be about RSMs not (just) because I'm being secretive, but because I haven't decided what I want to replace in Blue Magick yet since I've yet to go over monsters meticulously:

I probably forgot something.

EDIT: And thing was to proofread, apparently. Also, to link to this post on the front page under "stats" and to update the status effects list with Blood Suck's planned replacement, even if I'm mostly keeping it secret. Also, given it was revealed an hour ago, I've "borrowed" formerdeathcorps' fix for Chemist.
Unreliable as a Mime.
  • View Profile
  • [July 17, 2012, 10:56:00 AM]
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
(Oh, hey. One entire person has actually voted....)

Well, that of course took way too long, like always.

Regardless, this post is just a mini-update to say that the surviving statuses that you can know about have all been updated.

I went over all my status stuff on the weekend, so now I know what needs to be coded still and what needed to interact with what or change and such. Also fixed the formatting and Defending's new name, though anything else would be repeating what I just did. So go read that post if you actually care.

Regardless, I was contemplating starting equipment over "today" (read: yesterday/Monday), but I figure that I have to do monsters over again first given "procs" and crap. So I started to do that...only to get immediately stuck at Boco while going over Chocobos and then fall asleep. Sigh.

I'm probably going to take things slowly here as I said in the last post, but I "should"--not that I will--be finished with that by Sunday. It depends on how horribly this week goes, what with not being off to great start already despite last Sunday being kinda nice for unproductive reasons.

Regardless, I might release my terribad second wave of redacted equipment around the same time. Not really seeing myself releasing the updated redacted EXCEL sheet of abilities & classes any time soon again considering how huge that thing has gotten.

P.S. I've also decided I'm no longer using the ASM that makes Poisoned 25% of cur HP per turn given that I realized that obviates Demi among other things; it's back to being 1/8 of Max HP per turn. However, I won't be excising it until the next time I actually touch the original post.

EDIT: Ugh. It's way too easy to miss manual coding mistakes due to the way this forum works. The url is now fixed.
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4804] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [July 17, 2012, 11:01:23 AM]
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2012, 11:01:23 AM »
Voted for Beowulf

Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
The Lazy Spriter
Kagebunji (Global Moderator) [Posts: 4212] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [July 17, 2012, 11:18:57 AM]
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »

Thou art I, and I art thou...
Vampire Count - LIVE.EVIL
Taichii [Posts: 811] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [July 17, 2012, 01:23:41 PM]
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »
voted reis.. wanted to see what reis' job would be if she were not to be a dragoner...

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"
Spriter, FFTPatcher
DarkShade [Posts: 259] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [August 05, 2012, 05:02:59 PM]
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2012, 05:02:59 PM »

Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here
Unreliable as a Mime.
  • View Profile
  • [August 05, 2012, 09:22:44 PM]
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »
(I find it "funny" how you have to go into "Edit Poll" to see the results of something despite a "View Results" option.)

I thank all ten people who have voted for voting thus far, but I should point out that I would rather prefer if people didn't post in here just to say who they voted for. Thank you.

I would have said something earlier, but like always, I had expected to be done with what I was still doing by now and I'm not. Monsters are still vexing me and I have other, more important real life obligations still occurring and piling up as always.

However, given pretty much everyone has real life obligations and I've decided to work on weapons again, I'm still doing "work". So, I should at least have the newest weapons down by Friday. I'll probably only post an old, redacted list for them though; it wouldn't be terribly outdated though.

Preferably I'll also have re-stating of humans' MA and maybe PA done with by that time as well as all Move-Find Item spaces, relevant descriptions, and some tweaks to Chapter 1 and other ENTDs (since I already changed those a year ago). I might even be done with overhauling all equipment, again, and giving monsters (and special classes) new moves (and skill sets), again. (Ugh.)

I will not, however, be done with stats for even (generic) monsters, especially given how differing they're all going to have to be. They should be done before August ends at latest, though. Maybe even the week after this coming one.

Speaking of which, outside of posting to ask that people not post just to say whom they voted for, I'm posting to say that tentatively, the current poll will be closing by this coming Friday. It may be open for a week after that, but at present I'm possibly going to switch it with a poll about what the new weapon type should be (if I don't decide myself). The poll will change to something else, though.
Unreliable as a Mime.
  • View Profile
  • [April 13, 2013, 06:48:42 AM]
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2013, 06:48:42 AM »
(And...obviously by "this coming Friday", I meant "this Friday coming up...in nine months".

Even more amusingly, given the poll problems that the Human Advancement thread still has, I'm not even sure if I can change if I knew what to change it to.)

Well, it's not like I haven't been working on this. So despite the thread being dead, Embargo isn't--hell, it even has a different name now, though I'll save posting that for whenever/if I ever manage to get out a working patch for people to test at least. I've mostly been hung up on monsters still when existence isn't busy being abysmal, and then getting even more into ARENA than I already was in the past three and a half months hasn't exactly helped my focus.

Still, that's no excuse. For some "sick" reason, I keep wanting to wait to fully update on a Friday just to save a small bit of face I suppose, but that's basically my usual inanity and damn pointless, which is why I'm updating at least a bit now. I am going to try to update more fully tomorrow because I have finally just redone doing monsters (to my "satisfaction") barring Cactuars and a bit of trouble with Avians (both of the Aevis and Chocobo variety).

Anyway, on top of monsters, I just had a rather significant plot revelation that I think people will find rather enjoyable, even if it relates to the end-game. I'll leave that as a surprise for way (way) later though.

For now, in preparation for tomorrow (or Sunday, whichever), I'll just a post a list of the new abbreviations and then explain the changes. I should note that this is normal monsters only:

1. Yellow Chocobo (YC)
2. Brown Chocobo (OC)
3. Green Chocobo (GC)
4. Red Cap (RP)
5. Blaknamy (BY)
6. Gobbledeguck (GK)
7. Fiery Balloon (FB)
8. Living Grenade (LG)
9. Primed Explosive (PX)
10. Ose (OS)
11. Couerl (CU)
12. Grimalkin (GR)
13. Blank Lamia (BL)
14. Lilith (LI)
15. Morrigan (MO)
16. Iced Flan (IF)
17. Flaming Pudding (FP)
18. Shock Jelly (SJ)
19. Beta Wolf (BW)*
20. White Fang (WF)*
21. Hellhound (HL)*
22. Flying Eye (FE)
23. Ahriman (AH)
24. Plague Horror (PH)
25. Axebeak (AX)
26. Steel Aevis (SA)
27. Cockatrice (CC)
28. Cactuar Rogue (CR)*
29. Snowtuar (ST)*
30. Flowering Cactuar (FC)*
31. Dryad (DD)
32. Treant (TT)
33. Feywood (FW)
34. Minotaur (MU)
35. Bull Devil (BV)
36. Sacred (SC)
37. Common Malboro (CM)
38. Ochu (OU)
39. Lord Malboro (LM)
40. Humbaba (HB)
41. Lesser Behemoth (LB)
42. Greater Behemoth (GB)
43. Common Dragon (CD)
44. Frost Dragon (OD)
45. Flame Dragon (LD)
46. Pug Tonberry (PT)
47. Tonberry Guard (TG)
48. Holy Tonberry (HT)

*Monster probably exclusive to Embargo and thus probably not shared with Human Advancement.

As for why some of these changes came about, I'll put that in a spoiler since much of it is probably boring to most people (even though its rather concise compared to most things I write):

I'll do a much bigger update this weekend--as in April 13th or 14th, 2013--that goes over moves and everything. Every single monster got some type of change.

Tree EDIT: Dryad's and Treant's abbreviations were changed from DY and TR to DD and TT respectively.
Unreliable as a Mime.
  • View Profile
  • [April 22, 2013, 11:08:14 AM]
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2013, 11:08:14 AM »
(...And I have obviously learned nothing about not promising specific dates that I inevitably fail to meet. Hurray!)

Speaking of failure, the "real" update took so damn long because even just redoing things by noting the update caused me to the notice the absurd amount of embarrassing typos and omissions in it. Good times.

With the majority of those fixed now (though I'll have to go back and do that for the actual post eventually), I can present the (current/latest) overhaul. For the most part, these changes are "definite", baring coding issues and changes and other fixes. The parts most likely to change, like RSMs, aren't getting post for that reason (and...other reasons).

I was partly held up by Aevises, who admittedly still under reconstruction due to issues with Blue Mage and things like Petrify, but I'm not going to wait on them anymore. Most of their stuff is decided on anyway. It's just half of their skills that are being a pain.

Without further ado:

Chocobos:

Goblins:

Bombs:

Panthers:

Lamias:

Flans:

Flying Eyes:

Aevises:

Treefolk:

Bull Demons:

Malboros:

Behemoths:

Dragons

Tonberries:

Embargo-Only Normal Monsters

Wolves:

Cactuars:

Now let's see if I can get some actual work done for once. (Probably not.)

Isolating EDIT: Wolves & Cactuars get "segregated" from the fourteen other monsters shared with Human Advancement. Besides that, Aevis is no longer under construction.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]