Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

The Lion War Base Patch Resources  (Read 1313 times)
Pages: [1]
The Puppet ---Master---
Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4269]
  • View Profile
  • Youtube Channel
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
  • [September 28, 2019, 12:40:25 PM]
The Lion War Base Patch Resources
« on: September 28, 2019, 12:40:25 PM »
As The Lion War was designed to be a patch as a starting point for future patches, I will be releasing the resources created to build it here. I will write a small tutorial on the correct order in which to build TLW, as well as how to use it's tools, including the Dark Knight hack, as well as provide a updated version of EVSP both here and in the EVSP thread.

FOLDER STRUCTURE
(Resources) TLW Spreadsheets
(Tools) TLW Tools & Progs
1. Shishi New Sprites
2. Shishi Other Images Dump
3. Event Stuff
4. WotL Movies
5. Patcher Files
6. ASMs

The above list is how your TLW Resources folder should appear after extracting it. The Resources folder is not necessary for a new build, but instead, changing and updating several of the ASMs used in TLW. The Tools folder contains any special tools or programs used in building TLW

The other folders are numbered in order of when they should be patched. This is not entirely necessary, however, Event Stuff should always be patched before the Patcher Files folder, which should always be patched before the ASMs folder. As long as those 2 rules are followed, there should not be much issue.

The Tactext file must always be edited with the TLW - FFTText Editor excel sheet, and then exported with it's current settings, and then patched with Tactext .457, both of which are found in the resources download below.

By downloading these resources, you agree that when you use this as a base and release a project, that you will credit those listed in the 'TLW Staff for Credits' thread, for the work they did in creating TLW.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 09:40:15 AM by Elric »
    • Modding version: PSX
  • <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [December 03, 2019, 09:58:41 AM]
    Re: The Lion War Base Patch Resources
    « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 09:58:41 AM »
    The Lion War Resources are now publicly available. Please read THE ENTIRE OP before asking silly questions already answered in the above post.

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

ex tray city skull, am I are?
    Amici [Posts: 123]
    • View Profile
    • [December 04, 2019, 05:18:24 AM]
    « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 05:18:24 AM »
    I just read the whole OP, but seeing I haven't done any of this before, can I confirm if what I'm doing is correct? I want to manually build TLW so I can insert a few more custom sprites and also edit in a few additional skills to Ramza.

1. Use Shishi to expand clean ISO, insert all custom sprites using Shishi. For my part, I will also insert the other custom sprites I want to use.
    2. Again use Shishi to insert the other images.
    3. Use CDProg to insert both TEST.EVT and ATTACK.OUT files.
    4. Insert the WOTL movies to the ISO as stated in its tutorial
    5. Use the excel worksheet to edit the .ffttext file included. This is when I'll edit in my custom edits to Ramza's jobs. Also use latest FFTpatcher to edit Ramza's job and skillset. Then, use latest FFTPatcher to patch the .fftpatch file, then use .457 of FFTactext to patch the .ffttext file.
    6. Copy the .xml files from folder 6, to the patches folder of the fftorgasm folder, check all patches (I counted 17 patches), patch all of them to ISO using orgasm.

I also have another question: how do I edit text using excel worksheet? I go as far as clicking "import .ffttext" then I choose the included fftext file in the resources (from folder 5), but nothing happens. What's supposed to happen? I already installed the Altima font too. Nothing is happening, I dunno where I'm supposed to do my editing.
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [December 04, 2019, 07:28:20 AM]
    « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 07:28:20 AM »
    Thats correct. For the text editing, please refer to the thread for Xifs editor, since that already explains how it worls, like i mentiones above.

• View Profile
    • [December 04, 2019, 08:00:06 AM]
    « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 08:00:06 AM »
    Awesome. Thanks Elric!
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [December 04, 2019, 10:33:04 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 10:33:04 AM »
    Also, yes, by default nothing will change, as that sheet already HAS the TLW tactext in it. You dont need to readd it unless you make changes, export, and then derp the sheet somehow and have to redownload it.

You could also use a fresh copy of the sheet and import TLW into it. But the resources portion would not auto update, as that is done manually

• View Profile
    • [December 04, 2019, 11:37:48 AM]
    « Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 11:37:48 AM »
    One last question:

I managed to successfully build my own patch of TLW, but at the end I got this "error" from FFTorgASM. Is this normal and just ignore it?

And I also didn't get a message from orgasm such as "Patch successful" or anything like that. How can I tell if it patched correctly?
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [December 04, 2019, 08:45:41 PM]
    « Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 08:45:41 PM »
    That error is fine. Its stating error in error lol.

OrgASM has no prompt. Just give it 30 seconds to a minute to be safe, then close it. In reality its done in about 3 seconds

Go then. There are other worlds than these
    yamish [Posts: 31]
    • View Profile
    • [December 04, 2019, 09:53:49 PM]
    « Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 09:53:49 PM »
    Any plans to migrate these over into their respective author's asm threads? Or is it on the individual authors to do that if they wish?
    • View Profile
    • [December 04, 2019, 10:20:34 PM]
    « Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 10:20:34 PM »
    That error is fine. Its stating error in error lol.

OrgASM has no prompt. Just give it 30 seconds to a minute to be safe, then close it. In reality its done in about 3 seconds

Great! Thanks! Then that should mean my build should be perfect.
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [December 04, 2019, 11:10:10 PM]
    « Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 11:10:10 PM »
    Any plans to migrate these over into their respective author's asm threads? Or is it on the individual authors to do that if they wish?

The only ones that are new are the ability ones xifanie made, which i will update. And the extra job class that Choto made. I figured he would do that himself so he can explain a bit about it. Unless he asks me to, i wont step on his toes.

Everything else is public. Aside from the 2 Jot5 RSMs that were used for DK, and since those are made for Jot5, Im not gonna post them elsewhere either. I felt sketchy enough editing Ravens EVSP post to release my unofficial EVSP 2.1

Can't I just stay in bed for 5 more minutes?
    Gordon_Ramza [Posts: 3]
    • View Profile
    • [December 07, 2019, 03:59:46 PM]
    « Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 03:59:46 PM »
    1. Use Shishi to expand clean ISO, insert all custom sprites using Shishi. For my part, I will also insert the other custom sprites I want to use.
    Is the "clean ISO" here an unpached FFT ISO of one patched with TLW and nothing else?

• The fact there is a character named Beowulf and a family named Beoulve seems pretty stupid. It is not Ramza Beowulf or Beoulve Cadmus/Kadmas.
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [December 07, 2019, 08:13:31 PM]
    « Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 08:13:31 PM »
    Clean always means unpatched and unmodified

Can't I just stay in bed for 5 more minutes?
    Gordon_Ramza [Posts: 3]
    • View Profile
    • [December 08, 2019, 12:32:16 AM]
    FFTPatcher Dark Knight
    « Reply #13 on: December 08, 2019, 12:32:16 AM »
    I was going through the FFTPatcher Jobs, Abilities, Skill Sets, and Job Levels page and had a hell of a time finding the data on the generic Dark Knight (and couldn't even find them in the Job Levels page). Am I using the right tool & where are they in said tool (FFTPatcher also counts, as I might be using the right tool from the start)

• The fact there is a character named Beowulf and a family named Beoulve seems pretty stupid. It is not Ramza Beowulf or Beoulve Cadmus/Kadmas.
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [December 08, 2019, 02:27:09 AM]
    « Reply #14 on: December 08, 2019, 02:27:09 AM »
    You need to actually read the post. It took quite a while to write everything out, and this is all explained... The fact that you even mentioned the Job Levels page in FFTP tells me you didn't really read my post...

If you are new to FFTP then that's a different story entirely, as these resources are made under the assumption that you already know how the tools we have, work.

Pages: [1]