Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:37:48 PM 
Started by Pedro Henrike - Last post by Pedro Henrike
I understand ... I would very much like to put characters like Delita (Ch2) and Wiegraf to join the team, but they get bugged sprite, so it does not pay. To increase Slots from 16 to 20, can you help me or should I create a new topic?

on: Today at 11:20:07 AM 
Started by Valkirst - Last post by Mike
It really look nice, Valkirst. :D

You may have thought of this already, but have you considered to change the colors of her gloves? I'm aware of the fact that you are trying to copy the same patterns which appears in the original artwork so it turns out to be as much good. I don't even know how it's gonna turn out to be if you do so. :? What i know? not that much clearly, i'm just saying, but what i know is that i like what you do man, So keep it up!! :mrgreen:

on: Today at 10:45:48 AM 
Started by Mike - Last post by Mike
Heyyy! :mrgreen:

Popping off to let y'all know that i have updated the original post with a better version of the same event, i've also left the original one for comparing purposes if you might say.

on: Today at 08:16:46 AM 
Started by Leonarth - Last post by Leonarth
I don't know if there was some confusion here but I'm not making one single patch, I'm not making a mod, I'm making engine hacks people can use to make their mods, I might make a complete mod in the future but that is not what this is. If you want to mix and match the engine hacks you will have to do that yourself.

Nothing prevents you from getting the JP purchase system but not the permadeath (which isn't even included with the purchase system to begin with), or getting only the manual sort hack without anything else, these are all their own things, the patches I release are just so people can easily check them out and even those patches don't have everything in them, if you downloaded the manual sort patch you would notice that it's ONLY the manual sorting for vanilla, no purchase system, nothing else.

This is as modular as it can get, I can't imagine a way to offer more customization than this, you can download whatever parts you want, include them on a buildfile and use Event Assembler to install them EVEN on an existing mod.

However, for some stuff leaving the default vanilla systems alone is just not possible, there is just no way to add more jobs to humes without making abilities take up less space, there would be nowhere to save the AP of the new abilities to, if people want more abilities for humes (so that they can have more jobs that aren't just a mix of the other jobs) they will need to use the 1 bit abilities patch I'm working on. This patch frees up a lot of saved space for each unit so it will be mandatory for many things.

That said, the job/ability assignation rework I'm making will have a customization option so you can set it to either 1 bit or regular AP abilities, if you do set it to AP you won't be able to add more jobs to humes but you could add more jobs to other races.
This will be included in the purchase system (because the purchase system will require it), but will also be available on its own, as usual.

Anyway, have a sneak peek, Ezel with access to all Nu Mou jobs, on top of his expert job, using the job/ability assignation rework.
Of course I also made sure that other Nu Mou don't get access to Hermetic (it won't even show on their list).
And a gif that shows a soldier with a custom ability list purchasing an ability and unlocking it on another job as well, because I made them share an index.

This will take a while to get completed, pretty much every place that checks for abilities or similar needs to be adjusted, I have done a lot of progress though, the status menu is almost done, the job change menu is the only thing missing there, then after that I need to work on the job icons (those things that say stuff like SLD and GUN), both so that they are easy to change and set and so that the screen that shows which jobs can equip which items can show all jobs (I will probably make it have a page for each race, although I'm unsure what to do about experts).
After that, there's still the whole battle side of things missing, there needs to be new routines to check and make the list of abilities you can use in battle, make the enemy know which abilities they can use too, and also rework "Steal: Ability" and "Doublecast" so that they use the new ability lists.

Currently you can either set a custom list of abilities to a job or let it use the vanilla system, you can add extra checks on top of the vanilla job unlock checks and also on top of what I call "show" internally (jobs that you can see but can't change into), for example, Hermetic has a "is this character Ezel" check, if the check isn't passed the job won't even show up on the list, for monsters and other similar jobs there is a routine that always returns false that can be used.
You can also specify which jobs can't set item as their secondary command (by default alchemist and monsters) and which ones get it as a third option (by default just alchemist).
There's also an option to set which jobs are set as unlocked by default, because apparently that's hardcoded in vanilla, even if you made all jobs have no requirements they would still not show up on your command list until you visit the job change menu.

As I said this will take a while, but other than the change jobs menu this is going to be tedious work rather than challenging work so I don't have any doubt it can get done. Once it's finished I will update the purchase system with it (and a few other changes) and I will probably make a new post just for the job/ability assignation hack so that people can leave their feedback and questions about it there.

on: Today at 06:05:46 AM 
Started by Leonarth - Last post by ExL
Eh... once I've tried to recolour and slap ears on valkyrie from KoL, didn't end well on ears phase, something went wrong and I've scrapped it altogether :( and I so wanted spear viera with thunder and healing abilities... Oh well.
Don't forget Onimusha Tactics (also available on Spriters Resource and Sprite Database to some extent, at least they are in same style) and of course A2 is most wanted.
I always wanted vanila FFTA with as much A2 content as possible crammed in there and everything updated to A2 abilities/stats(and all items available through normal play of course).
Even though TO's features are very tempting would be great to have QoL hack staying as close to vanilla as possible :roll: You know, for those who want more than there was in original game, yet don't want radical changes like whole different mechanics for ability gaining or permanent death.
Don't think I'm discouraging you, I love TO:KoL and it would be great to see stuff from it blend into FFTA! Just that I like FFTA too and having it same, but better would be neat alongside mods with completely different flavour...

on: Today at 05:59:50 AM 
Started by Valkirst - Last post by Valkirst
Thanks man, I'm really proud of her portrait is well; but yeah I agree on Seifer, I'm still not happy with his face/head...

on: Today at 04:03:59 AM 
Started by Pedro Henrike - Last post by Nyzer
There's no easy way to dummy out a generic job to implement a new unique character, no. And the game shouldn't be slowing down from Patcher/Shishi modding unless you're doing something very wrong.

on: Today at 04:02:04 AM 
Started by Misaki - Last post by Nyzer
The FFTPatcher shows all ability formulas. There are so few weapon formulas no one ever bothered incorporating them into the Patcher but I'm sure they're listed on a wiki somewhere.

on: Today at 02:52:29 AM 
Started by Misaki - Last post by Misaki
So, like everyone here, I love playing FFT mods, but it's kinda rare to find mods with something like a spreadsheet listing skill and weapon formulas, which is very sad for me since I really love to make calculations and stuff while I'm playing.
On to the question: is there a convenient way to extract the formulas from mod patches? My knowledge when it comes to modding is close to 0.
Thanks in advance!  :D

on: Today at 02:31:10 AM 
Started by Pedro Henrike - Last post by Pedro Henrike
Not easily.

As I told you before:

You can replace their formation sprites in Shishi.

I think I understand, thank you To conclude ... could you get me a question? Whenever I modify the PSX game it gets a bit slower. Is there a way to avoid this slowness or is it because of the modifications? Thank you.

And before I forget, is there any way I can get this unused sprite (Ninja, for example) and put it so we can not release the class? since I will replace it with another character.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10