Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 1 
 on: Today at 06:53:45 PM 
Started by Heisho - Last post by Heisho
Hello there!
I was checking Shishi for available slots for use in battle and I'm pretty sure that spritesheets from 4A to 51 are no used according what I check on the ENTD. Is this right? Could I replace them with something else for use on battle?

Thanks in advance

 2 
 on: Today at 02:36:44 AM 
Started by Elric - Last post by ZalbaagBeoulve


Lol thank you. And no, we don't accept donations of any kind. But feel free to donate to a charity on our behalf :)

Done! Next RPG Limit Break run I will TOTALLY shout out FFHacktics. This is amazing and you are my heroes :)

 3 
 on: Today at 02:33:26 AM 
Started by RavenOfRazgriz - Last post by ZalbaagBeoulve
....hey.....this forum thread seemed really good and I was wondering if it could be sort of an "AMA" thread...? I'm really sorry about geeking out on this but I feel like I could ask SO MANY QUESTIONS but I don't know if it's a bad thing since people are obviously busy. I only just finished the first fight on the world map so I'm guessing maybe I should just wait till I finish everything and then ask questions (Answers to my questions might become available later in the game)? If not......the thing that looked like a rabbit on Bariaus Hill TOTALLY reminded me of the Mystics from "The Dark Crystal". Should I be expecting lots of references in this game as it's based on a multitude of classic games and genres? Again, totally cool if questions need to be kept to a minimum or delayed till the game has been finished (I'm just very excited). Also, it is slightly more difficult than I expected and that's great :)

 4 
 on: January 17, 2018, 02:50:35 PM 
Started by rrs_kai - Last post by Kenrou
Hi, i just found this forum and i really wanted to try this mod, but i see no download links ?

 5 
 on: January 17, 2018, 08:28:25 AM 
Started by Elric - Last post by Elric
I'm SO excited more content is coming. This is really all non-profit??? Like, no patreon or paypal link or anything? I mean, I'd support this like it was a typical game...just saying...

Also, I saw a mention of rushing the content out because of work schedule and all (It's insane this is just a side gig). I'd vote for you (and whoever else is involved, I'm new here) taking your time. Take it easy if need be...


Lol thank you. And no, we don't accept donations of any kind. But feel free to donate to a charity on our behalf :)

 6 
 on: January 17, 2018, 03:03:41 AM 
Started by Elric - Last post by ZalbaagBeoulve
I'm SO excited more content is coming. This is really all non-profit??? Like, no patreon or paypal link or anything? I mean, I'd support this like it was a typical game...just saying...

Also, I saw a mention of rushing the content out because of work schedule and all (It's insane this is just a side gig). I'd vote for you (and whoever else is involved, I'm new here) taking your time. Take it easy if need be...

 7 
 on: January 17, 2018, 02:51:15 AM 
Started by Elric - Last post by ZalbaagBeoulve
I'm new to Hacktics and.....man. I thought I was a fan because I played this game a lot throughout my life but....you guys are the real heroes. THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!! Like, I don't even know how to say thanks...I guess....just.....thanks! I just wish this had popped up on my radar sooner. Absolutely incredible

 8 
 on: January 16, 2018, 05:32:15 PM 
Started by Mograine_D - Last post by Aiolon
this is easily the only custom sprite that has caught all of my atention.
ITS BEAUTIFUL

so mysterious, so edgy, so badass! im sold! and that portrait is awesome too.
i've been playing around with it and so far im not dissapointed, this is a great sprite. i even went and made custom abilities for it just so that i could see the "performing" frames more often because it looks great!
Great Job man.

 9 
 on: January 15, 2018, 10:46:41 PM 
Started by arbi - Last post by arbi

oh, getting EC to open charge menu was a clever thing. by the way have you tried unflagging the Used by AI box for charge ability? i understand that doing this can hurt the AI/NPC but the AI tends to use charge 90% of the time with the other 10% being the use of a diferent skill to inflict a status, to heal an ally unit or a normal attack to kill a unit with critical HP.
archers may be affected a lot if you remove charge for them but it should be fine if you can give them a diferent skillset and move charge to another job such as squire. and i dont know if you have noticed but have you seen the amount of archer npcs in ENTD? its ridiculous! it goes like 50% archers, 30% knights, 10% monks and the remaining 10% other jobs.

so.. the only thing i dont get is how are you unlocking stronger versions of charge? are they automatically unlocked? or what job+skillset are you using for it? if you give archers a separate skillset then you wont be able to level charge unless you move it to another job.
 i could be wrong but you cant mix charge with other abilities because charge is a harcoded command like jump, add a normal ability to any of those skillsets and bad stuff will happen.

I did try unchecking "used by ai" but the AI still tried to use the attacks and it ended up with them not doing anything and skipping their turns. I'll try the EC hack and see if it works, and if not I'll take a blank skillset and make an Archer NPC class. Also I currently have Charge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, and 20 free to all playable classes in the menu (JP set to 0, learn to 100).

I'm doing all my testing in the Goug fight where you save Mustadio and there are 2 thieves, 2 archers, 2 summoners, so I've seen some of the new magics and mechanics in play. No archer has tried to use any charge >5, so the change doesn't seem to matter as they won't suicide. For players, utilizing CT in clever and effective ways is a core element of the tactical combat of FFT which I don't want to abandon. Charge 10 and 20 will still be impractical if not built around. If they are built around they should be useful and satisfying.

Also I'll update the changelog with the item changes today.

 10 
 on: January 15, 2018, 10:24:47 PM 
Started by arbi - Last post by Aiolon
Quote
1.) The patch is going to be a complete rebalance, but it will not be radically different than FFT vanilla, or at least that is not the intent. I am working on items and shops today and once I get bored/find a good stopping point I'll update the change log to reflect that. Scenes are going to be edited here and there, as well as some storyline battles, and various un/underexplored mechanics will be further touched upon in this patch (poaching, stealing, soldier office, exclusivity of magic items, etc.). I do not want to significantly alter the story in any way or make it into a fan-fic. I want this patch to be accessible to new FFT players and returning players who want a fresh gameplay experience.
i see i see. i asked this because your introduction post only mentioned job related stuff so far. by the way if its your first patch i wish you good luck, that item editing can be extremely time consuming if you plan to modify all items.

Quote
2.) The learn on hit is as intended right now. I haven't played around with it in game yet, but I feel the high level magics should both A.) not be tossed at the player every battle because they are stronger and with larger AoEs now (to match their animations) and B.) be an accomplishment to get for free. To me, it's fine that not every Wizard hits your party with Flare/Tornado/Quake when you see them because this could easily get frustrating. The other combat magic abilities have had their damage and/or utility increased so they will not be negligible anymore when used against the player.
okay i sill think the chance for this to happen its going to be a very rare event but i get what you are trying to do.

Quote
3.) Player characters will have the charge option as part of their default command list: Move, Act (Attack, 2 job commands, Charge, Defend), wait, status, and auto battle. I find the Charge command to be a lot of fun and not without purpose, so I did not want to completely remove it as other patches have. It is true though that mechanically, they are just stronger versions of normal attacks, so I did not see a reason why players should not have the option to use them. When I replaced attack with the charge command it did create AI issues, but when I replaced Equip Change with Charge the AI no longer had those issues and the player had access to charge skills.

oh, getting EC to open charge menu was a clever thing. by the way have you tried unflagging the Used by AI box for charge ability? i understand that doing this can hurt the AI/NPC but the AI tends to use charge 90% of the time with the other 10% being the use of a diferent skill to inflict a status, to heal an ally unit or a normal attack to kill a unit with critical HP.
archers may be affected a lot if you remove charge for them but it should be fine if you can give them a diferent skillset and move charge to another job such as squire. and i dont know if you have noticed but have you seen the amount of archer npcs in ENTD? its ridiculous! it goes like 50% archers, 30% knights, 10% monks and the remaining 10% other jobs.

so.. the only thing i dont get is how are you unlocking stronger versions of charge? are they automatically unlocked? or what job+skillset are you using for it? if you give archers a separate skillset then you wont be able to level charge unless you move it to another job.
 i could be wrong but you cant mix charge with other abilities because charge is a harcoded command like jump, add a normal ability to any of those skillsets and bad stuff will happen.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10