Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:42:30 PM 
Started by scorpiova - Last post by Xifanie
To normalize the Calculator job, you need to:

on: Today at 09:19:50 AM 
Started by exkosikat - Last post by Bonesy
if it's not on gbatemp (*vomits*) or Romhacking.net or suikosource why would it be here instead lol

on: Today at 06:46:19 AM 
Started by scorpiova - Last post by Angel
It really depends on school of thought. TASing FFT is what brought me here, and it quickly became apparent that fastest result was solo Ramza Calculator. It is MASSIVELY OP. But if all you do is restrict it, it goes from ludicrously OP to useless, so if you don't want to retain its fecking insane usefulness in the hands of either player or AI, it's better to just kill the job off. Calculator is so difficult to balance that you really do have to choose between obscenely overpowered and laughably useless. There really is no in-between.

on: Today at 06:42:02 AM 
Started by Celdia - Last post by Angel
I'm pretty sure she'd be nothing but happy for others to build upon her work, since that was her original intention for releasing CCP2 in an unfinished state. Nobody, not even her, thought she'd keep working on it, so it's still not in a final sort of 'use this as a base' patch, but it doesn't need much to be used as a base.

on: Today at 06:37:35 AM 
Started by exkosikat - Last post by Angel
As a Suikoden fangirl of high order, it displeases me to say that I do not know of one. Worse, while I can speak Japanese, my knowledge of the written language is really quite terrible. Kanji can go die a quiet and unceremonious death where it isn't given for clarification over a pun.

on: Today at 06:33:31 AM 
Started by RayKamiya - Last post by Angel
It's cool. This was the first year in six that I've had my birthday off (though my cousin also died on my birthday, so...), and I hardly get days off anymore. It happens. You don't need to apologize or explain. Long as you keep coming back, that's all that matters.

on: Today at 06:31:14 AM 
Started by Neophyte Ronin - Last post by Angel
Celdia's a lot more focused on other projects at the moment, but a master guide update is probably not something to rule out. Won't happen overnight, but she's not the type to just bail and disappoint. She's taken a lot of pride in her work here.

on: Today at 06:27:31 AM 
Started by Chronosplit - Last post by Angel
As an aside, I'm glad you're still using xdelta. Also glad you're still keeping this up, being open to suggestion, and just all-around maintaining a great convention. I could probably still debate some things, but I have a lot on my plate, and I enjoy these fixes enough to not want to be truly picky.

on: Today at 06:19:11 AM 
Started by CONMAN - Last post by Angel
Holy fuckbeans, this is awesome! Altima gets overlooked an awful lot, and this is seriously the best alteration I've seen. I did make a Beelzebub/Beezelbub based on it, which is my most lamented lost sprite from HDD failure, and I honestly like your Cthulhu much more.

on: Today at 06:13:45 AM 
Started by scorpiova - Last post by Angel
I have to ask: what version of ePSXe? If it's below 2.0, it's trash and you should permanently delete it and never use it again. If it's 2.0 or greater, I do know that ePSXe still isn't the best choice for FFT (I swear, some of its troubles will never be fixed), but it shouldn't fail too terribly hard.

If you want a truly good emulator for FFT, use PCSXR (preferably iCatButler's PGXP fork; he added some compatibility fixes that the official version hasn't implemented yet, so even if you don't use the PGXP features [which are amazing], you still get a much better emulator) or Mednafen (if you have a video card that supports Vulkan, use RetroArch's Mednafen HW core) for best results.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10