Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:14:24 AM 
Started by Alexandrietz - Last post by Elric
Already told you what to do. Not my fault you didnt listen. I know exactly what the issue is. The game has teams, each of those teams (factions has a palette) player team loads palette 1, you need to swap the palettes around.

on: Today at 09:42:25 AM 
Started by Alexandrietz - Last post by Alexandrietz
Look! When I chose 64 - Male Knight in Shishi Sprite Editor, I had 8 Sprites, 3 of them were empty( it means they were black at palette bars), Sprite №1 was a male knight with blue emblem, sprite #3 was a male knight with red emblem. I managed to swap Sprite #1 and Sprite #3. I thought you played for Sprite #1 because all your units have blue colour and decided to swap two sprites, but nothing changed. Look at my screenshot. I can't understand what I am doing wrong, I swapped palette in GraphicsGale. Screenshot1 shows the initial sprite1, screenshot3 shows the final stage of palette in comparison with initial one, screenshot 4 and 5: I changed face and icon of knight and save file and then using cdimage I changed unit.bin and wldface.bin, screenshot6: knight has blue emblem amd leggings, so I can't realise when is my mistake until now. It is my dream to have red colour as an ally, not enemy. Help me, please, guys!

on: Today at 09:23:23 AM 
Started by Alexandrietz - Last post by Elric
You need to swap the palettes around. You can use palette editor by Xifanie to do this. Or graphicsgale.

on: Today at 08:33:57 AM 
Started by Alexandrietz - Last post by Alexandrietz
Hello, I have psxfin emulator on which I am playing FFT. I have two files Final Fantasy Tactics [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94221].bin andFinal Fantasy Tactics [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94221].cue. I always wanted to change blue colour for red on knight, mages and archers because it is my favourite colour. I read your forum a bit and watched videos on youtube.com how to change portrait of players and how I can change colour, but nothing changed. I was doing as it was written on website, but appearance of knight doesn't change (I mean I wanted red colour instaed of red one on knights, for example, but he has blue one until now.). What the problem could occur to me?

on: Today at 02:10:31 AM 
Started by Shokat - Last post by abaddabaon
Tbh, i want to see this, it could be quite interesting in FFTA2's System, so good luck.
I'm completely new to modding sooo don't get your hopes up :P

on: Today at 01:43:47 AM 
Started by Eternal - Last post by snowday
Just read through the changes on the first post, although outdated, looks great!

One thing I'm wondering, I understand the removal of the Ultima skills since they were really strong but, any other way to reuse that animation somewhere as a different skill? It was really cool. Same for magick frenzy, doublecast, etc. would be nice to see these nerfed rather than removed entirely. (Maybe doublecasted spells only have 75% of their normal accuracy?)

I haven't played the original FFTA2 since the year it was released where I played the crap out of it, but here are the things I remember disliking:

-Overall difficulty was too just too damn easy
-Gil becomes pretty frivolous, this happened in FFT and FFTA as well though.
-Too easy to abuse auctions
-Goes for all FFT games, but I dislike how unique characters sprites/portraits don't change based on their job. Obviously that would take a lot of work, probably not in your department either, but I think that would be an amazing addition to the game.
- not enough random rewards. Each playthrough you end up with the same stuff, it would be interesting if each battle had a chance for a rare item or random loot, causing you to build your characters differently each playthrough.
- I liked the FFTA story and characters better  :mrgreen:

Its difficult since I don't have much of an idea for what is currently possible for the game in terms of hacking/editing, but man I've so many ideas for new classes and mechanics over the years. This style of game has so much potential and it makes me so sad square just kinda gave up on it, glad people are keeping it alive here!

on: Today at 01:33:27 AM 
Started by Zozma - Last post by Valkirst
Was bored, so I whipped this up last night and today. If anyone wants to take over, I can help out but I still want to do my own stuff as Elric said. Here I "improved" on the existing model.

on: Today at 12:37:54 AM 
Started by Shokat - Last post by Zeke_Aileron
What hex editor do you use, I can tinker around in my spare time. I was thinking of doing what Leonarth did for his death mod and making every map a jagd for increased difficulty.

Tbh, i want to see this, it could be quite interesting in FFTA2's System, so good luck.

on: October 18, 2018, 11:18:54 PM 
Started by Eternal - Last post by Eternal
Necromancer exists in this mod already. :)

They're playable in the current version and are partially based off of Necromancers from Tactics Ogre. Feel free to give 'em a try!

on: October 18, 2018, 11:18:06 PM 
Started by Eternal - Last post by Eternal
Thanks! It's kinda slow-going right now, but I've been setting up the foundation for 2.0 so I can just get the ground running and really get things knocked out.

I can tell you that perma-death and FFT's KO countdown timer will be appearing in 2.0, so I'm rebalancing things around that. I'm super excited for all of the cool things that have come out in the past few years!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10