• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:17:49 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

139 changes

Started by FFMaster, January 05, 2013, 09:33:37 pm

Eternal

Oh. You mentioned this a while ago, FFM. Priest -> White Mage, Wizard -> Black Mage.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

RavenOfRazgriz

We don't want your War of the Lions, go away.

Also, I still don't personally see a reason to edit Death at all.  It's a niche skill that fulfills roles of anti-tanking and Undead healing without having to dip from the Wizard primary into Oracle, Time Mage, etc.  It's not a primary skill but it has uses.  The JP cost could be lowered to better facilitate it being niche, though.  100 JP Death could be lol.

FFMaster

Fuck you all. It's going to be White Priest and Black Wizard now.

Here's a general plan for Druids:

They keep all equipment options that Scholar had, and gain shields. I might make them lose clothes (they are Druids after all).

Stats would be similar to a geomancer, with lower PA and higher HP. I can't decide if 4 Move is a good idea on a mage class though, and most likely will be reduced to 3.

Skillset would be something like this: (numbers subject to change, these are just concepts)
- All global Lores, plus Tornado and Quake.
-Nature's Wrath (Damage enemies, heal allies, AoE 2)
The following skills require the target/targets to have a Support called Inner Beast. It will be innate on Druids and monsters. Other units can purchase it for 100 JP.
-Heart of the Wild (Mad Science at 1 AoE, 0 CT, 10 MP)
-Cleansing Rain (Removes all negative statii at 1 AoE, 2 CT, 10 MP)
-Nature's Boon (Restores the HP of all allied monsters)
-Second Chance (Cancel: Death on monsters, 50% heal, global range, 1 AoE)

A few scrapped ideas from me or Eternal: (if you like them or can rework them to be good, mention it)
Natural Selection - like the other Lores except remade to always heal allies
-Leech Seed (Persevere, drain HP)
-Swarm (Haste on all allied monsters)
-Wildfire (Fire Elemental Quake/Tornado)
-Bestiality (100% Charm on Inner Beast units)
-Natural Weapon (+1 Speed/PA/MA to inner beast units)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

FFMaster

YES OH OMNIPRESENT AUTHORITY FIGURE?

RavenOfRazgriz

I thought you didn't want monsters in at all and were only really doing it because Eternal's a harassing bully? :u

Make it Black Priest and White Wizard.  Do eet.

I'll comment on the Druid stuff later tonight when I can focus on it better.  :p

Barren

I still have a Blue Mage list I can post later this week. Just been busy with work and the SCC Tournament lately.
You dare cross blades with me?

Gaignun

January 07, 2013, 03:50:36 am #26 Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:01:01 am by Gaignun
How about Judas Priest and Electric Wizard?

Here are some extra Priest changes pulled out of the balance thread:

Changes are in bold.

Cure 1: 10 MP, 0 CT, Heal_F(MA*7), 50 JP
Cure 2: 10 MP, 3 CT, Heal_F(MA*10), 100 JP
Cure 3: 16 MP, 5 CT, Heal_F(MA*15), 150 JP
Cure 4: 16 MP, 3 CT, Heal_F(MA*16), 150 JP

The Damned

(Those Cure changes seem fair and good.)

Sadly, the White Wizard thing does have historic FF precedent. I doubt that would be different even if Japan was more aware of the Klan.

Anyway, so monsters are going to be in 139? Or is Druid coming in just to pave the way for monsters possibly making their debut in 140 around the middle of the year?

It seems like the latter, which is definitely for the better, but I just want to be sure.

Quote from: FFMaster on January 07, 2013, 01:52:23 am
Fuck you all. It's going to be White Priest and Black Wizard now.

...I think is the first time I've ever seen you curse.

*pauses and puts hand over where a normal person's heart would be*

...I'm so proud. I...I think I'm getting something in my eye....

*turns away and sniffles*

Here's a general plan for Druids:

They keep all equipment options that Scholar had, and gain shields. I might make them lose clothes (they are Druids after all).

Dude...I was only joking about the nakedness thing. I wouldn't have if I had known you had actually read Rose Potter.

In all seriousness though, having access to only Robes (& Hats?) would be interesting and I'd "support" it at least initially, if only mostly for the sake of curiosity.

Stats would be similar to a geomancer, with lower PA and higher HP. I can't decide if 4 Move is a good idea on a mage class though, and most likely will be reduced to 3.

4 Move seems like a bad idea for a mage, especially since the Lores should remain slow. At the very most, they should only be as "fast" as 5 CT and I honestly think they should stay at 6 CT.

Really, the only mage that could maybe pull having 4 Move off at present would be Priest and even then that's because a) they already have one instant skill and people seem to agree with them getting another and b) they have the stat-independent Flails. I also probably wouldn't support that since I feel that Priest is easily one of the more powerful mages already.

Skillset would be something like this: (numbers subject to change, these are just concepts)
- All global Lores, plus Tornado and Quake.

This makes sense and, as much as I can dislike Lore at times, them still existing means Ninja getting Heretic/Mushin isn't worthless.

I'm also fine with all the Bio spells more or less dying to be honest.

-Nature's Wrath (Damage enemies, heal allies, AoE 2)

I'm not sure how I feel about this, partly because I'm not sure how the hell you would make it work uniformly. I'm guessing this would have to have Undead reverse? Or...?

The following skills require the target/targets to have a Support called Inner Beast. It will be innate on Druids and monsters. Other units can purchase it for 100 JP.
-Heart of the Wild (Mad Science at 1 AoE, 0 CT, 10 MP)
-Cleansing Rain (Removes all negative statii at 1 AoE, 2 CT, 10 MP)
-Nature's Boon (Restores the HP of all allied monsters)
-Second Chance (Cancel: Death on monsters, 50% heal, global range, 1 AoE)

I put "Heart of the Wild" in bold because it sounds hilariously overpowered. Seriously, Mad Science is already excellent as it is with CT 4, AoE 0 and 20 MP. Now you want to make all of those excellent things better? With the only "cap" being something that's, by necessity, innate to the unit that has the ability as its Primary?

Please excuse me as I unnecessarily laugh like an asshole.

Zehahahahahahahahahahaha....

Really, though, there would be an extremely strong incentive to just make one's team to be two Druids and two tanks with Inner Beast if that happened and then the metagame devolving into trying to beat or stop that.

Please just give Druid "Mad Science" as it is on Scholar now, with no Inner Beast required. Maybe with slightly less CT or even a bit less MP if you want, especially if Paladin's "Reraise" for some reason gets to remain instant; I don't think it should, but more on that later. If it's the "Science" aspect that's bugging you with regards to the name, then either rename it "Mad Hermitage" or, probably better, "Astra".

Otherwise, the three skills look good save for maybe Second Chance having global range. It would easily have to be the most expensive revival MP-wise for me be comfortable with that and even then....

A few scrapped ideas from me or Eternal: (if you like them or can rework them to be good, mention it)
Natural Selection - like the other Lores except remade to always heal allies
-Leech Seed (Persevere, drain HP)
-Swarm (Haste on all allied monsters)
-Wildfire (Fire Elemental Quake/Tornado)
-Bestiality (100% Charm on Inner Beast units)
-Natural Weapon (+1 Speed/PA/MA to inner beast units)

Put in bold because...eww. Sadly, that one is the probably the second most salvageable of these five, however niche. It's only behind "Wildfire", since there's no real Melt analog, though I'm not sure there needs to be. After all, "Wildfire" would kind of step on the Fire spells toes since the already focus on AoE as it is and an AoE 3 Fire spell isn't even "unique" because of Salamander, so I'm not exactly thrilled about that one despite it being "the best". Additionally, Ifrit is already one of the lesser used Summons.

Still, "Wildfire" could probably work if Tornado and Quake can. It's just a question of if it would improve anything.

With regards to fires, "Swarm" and especially "Natural Weapon" can go die in one.

I'm not sure how I feel about "Leech Seed". It could potentially be interesting and like many people here I don't mind a good Pokemon reference, but Life Drain and Wiznaibus already see relatively little use as it is....

As for "Natural Selection", I'm guessing if that made it in, then "Nature's Wrath" wouldn't. Is that correct? Regardless, "Nature's Wrath" seems fairer...probably.

All that said, I feel better about Druid now knowing what the hell it's supposed to be, so thanks. This means that I can plan my suggestions for Time Mage finally....

Quote from: Barren on January 07, 2013, 03:44:42 am
I still have a Blue Mage list I can post later this week. Just been busy with work and the SCC Tournament lately.

No need to hurry, Barren. Especially since there's not really any class to even replace Blue Mage with.

Well, that's not true. Mediator or, "preferably", even Lancer could be exchanged with a Blue Mage (that had Jump), though either of those seems too controversial at present to make it into 139 given the huge nature of the debate that would probably go on over it. This when Scholar is dying and there's already so much else asking to be changed.

Still, feel free to go for it.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

Quote...I think is the first time I've ever seen you curse.

*pauses and puts hand over where a normal person's heart would be*

...I'm so proud. I...I think I'm getting something in my eye....

*turns away and sniffles*

Drop by IRC sometime. He swears plenty.

Eternal

I don't see why Blue Mage is even being brought up since 1) We don't need more than one monster-based job, and 2) If Blue Mages meant having to have their skillset learnt mid-battle by being hit, I can't see how that'd be useful. It'd be fun seeing Dragoons get a proper skillset with Hit: Dragon stuff in addition to Jump... somehow. I'm allowed to dream!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Barren

Well when I complete that list you all can debate if its indeed needed or not.

FFMaster

I've already tried Eternal. It has never worked =(

Also, don't worry about the Heal allies/hurt enemies skill. I've already got a working hack for it. It will always heal allies and always hurt enemies, regardless of the circumstances. And yes, the original Heal/Harm is the new Natural Selection I scrapped. From the minimal testing I did, it was like having a Wiznaibus and a Life Song rolled into 1 skill.

Monsters will likely come in a few versions after. 139 WILL be a very shaky version in terms of balance.

Random extra notes from my brain:
- I'm currently considering trying to make a hack that will remove the longbow height penalties. That would probably fix all our problems with regards to map balance.
- Is there any way to make Mediator not just Refute/Insult/Mimic Daravon without stepping on Oracles too much?
- I plan to make Oil affect all elements, and not be removable on elemental hit. This means you need to remove it using Holy Water/Stigma/Esuna/Cleansing Rain(if that idea passes). Maybe Heal as well. There are some weird mechanics about it being removable on hit and I would rather keep mechanics simpler. Right now, when you remove Oil, you can't add statii at the same time, so weapons/abilities that have an element and add status will never add status on an Oiled unit.
- Cure reworks look good, I'd probably swap the animations for Cure 3/4 around though, to fit better.
- Wish will go up to 7% heal. This will give 1 turn if the unit is poisoned.
- If we really want a Sasuke Knife, we need a Raikiri to pair with it(Naruto joke)

The Damned

January 07, 2013, 08:48:52 pm #32 Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:56:19 pm by The Damned
(As a heads up, I'll probably post my personal list of suggestions tomorrow morning.)

*is still trying to think over those Druid skills*

I just realized something: when you said "a Geomancer, with lower PA and higher HP", how "high" are we talking about here?

I ask because Geomancer already has among the higher starting HP totals and I'm really not sure I want another MA-based/mage unit surpassing Oracle's HP considering that having the highest HP of mages is one of the few sure things Oracle has. This is possibly even more of an issue since Druids would have all of Oracle's equipment option + Swords + Shields. Druids possibly losing Clothes and being nudists aside from (loose) Robes doesn't seem like it would keep them from screwing over Oracle when that's already a potential worry in changing Mediator.

"Lower PA" is less of problem partly because I can't see it dropping below 5 on female Druids and partly because quite a few Swords have a bunch of secondary effects that are relatively independent of PA anyway.

But...yeah, Druids don't have to just compare to Geomancers here, even if that's a nice reference.

Quote from: FFMaster on January 07, 2013, 04:24:43 pm
- I'm currently considering trying to make a hack that will remove the longbow height penalties. That would probably fix all our problems with regards to map balance.

This is unnecessary. Height penalties and advantage are a part of Longbows and help them distinguish themselves just like movement penalties and such help differentiate terrain. Considering what little height difference most maps have, I don't see why this needs to change. If anything needs to change where this might actually be a problem (when it comes to starting position), then the map either needs to be edited or just outright banned.

*looks at TIGER and VALKYRIES*

- Is there any way to make Mediator not just Refute/Insult/Mimic Daravon without stepping on Oracles too much?

Well, first and foremost, Blackmail & Death Sentence are also worth using when it comes to Talk Skill. So really the only "problems" are the AI not using Persuade, Preach & Solution and maybe Insult; the AI not whoring Persuade is still weirding me out, but whatever.

Well, that and Refute not needing to get rid of Charging & Performing on top of everything else. Insult is kind of a problem and Wiz has at least something of a point about it and perhaps Refute as well. I'm not really convinced Insult needs to die just yet though.

Would it be possible for you to give Berserk Reflect's old CT since Reflect isn't using it anymore? Admittedly, that would kind of screw over Salty Rage and Genji Helmet. Pretty much no one is using either of those presently though. Salty Rage dying would make room for one of Raven's items, neither of which I'm sure about still, without items that people actually use, i.e. Power Wrist & Genji Gauntlet, having to die.

But, yeah, making more of Mediator's skills useful without obviating Oracle seems doable.

Seems.

- I plan to make Oil affect all elements, and not be removable on elemental hit. This means you need to remove it using Holy Water/Stigma/Esuna/Cleansing Rain(if that idea passes). Maybe Heal as well. There are some weird mechanics about it being removable on hit and I would rather keep mechanics simpler. Right now, when you remove Oil, you can't add statii at the same time, so weapons/abilities that have an element and add status will never add status on an Oiled unit.

DO NOT WANT.

The reason I put that interesting last sentence in bold is because I specifically want to ask something: Is that really enough of a problem to warrant causing silly stuff like Demi 2 becoming AoE Death with this change? Similarly, is it a big enough problem to warrant basically necessitating the every team either run Oil, block Oil or be able to heal it (even though most Oil units are murdered horribly within a turn of being Oiled anyway)?

Because if it is, then weakness is probably going to have to be changed from 2x to 1.5x and even then I'm not really comfortable with that.

(Yes, I'm aware this seem massively hypocritical since I asked you about doing this with regards to Fire element for my patches, but there's a reason I asked you about Halving, Null & different elemental canceling aspects....)

- Cure reworks look good, I'd probably swap the animations for Cure 3/4 around though, to fit better.

Sounds good.

Poison's damage is still the vanilla, right? If so, that's 1/8 of MaxHP, which is roughly 13%. The same applies for Regen's healing.

...Yeah.

- If we really want a Sasuke Knife, we need a Raikiri to pair with it(Naruto joke)

Meh. Raven's Ninjato suggestion already made a name space for Sasuke's molestor. Let's not weeaboo up that weapon category if we can, shall we? [/taking your joke seriously just in case]

Quote from: Dokurider on January 07, 2013, 03:30:41 pm
Drop by IRC sometime. He swears plenty.

Fuck. I knew I should specified "on the forums".

Curses! Foiled again! I'll get you yet, Dokurider!

*shakes fist*

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

reinoe

January 07, 2013, 10:13:03 pm #33 Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:36:08 am by reinoe
I've already tried Eternal. It has never worked =(

Also, don't worry about the Heal allies/hurt enemies skill. I've already got a working hack for it. It will always heal allies and always hurt enemies, regardless of the circumstances. And yes, the original Heal/Harm is the new Natural Selection I scrapped. From the minimal testing I did, it was like having a Wiznaibus and a Life Song rolled into 1 skill.

Monsters will likely come in a few versions after. 139 WILL be a very shaky version in terms of balance.

I think the Oracle abilities should hit at a higher percentage.  Oracle secondaries have a high MP cost and I don't see them as a threat (except silence)".  Also compare Charm vs Beguile.  Beguile has an MP cost, a very high ct for what it does, and can be blocked or reflected.

I'm fine with making Oil a threat.  As an aside I'm also fine with Insult having it's high percentage even though a berzerk status is game over for spellcasters.  What berzerk needs is more than just Echo Grass curing it.  There's some good magical prevention though.

Can it get a range of 3?

The longbow height penalty is practically non-existant.  The only times where height penalties are apparent is one or two maps and that's only when it comes to being disadvantaged at the start.  T.D. hit the nail on the head, Tiger gives a player a height disadvantage at the start of the map.  But really I haven't seen any others that have height balance.    Furthermore players should be able to utilize height advantage with Longbows via Ignore Height, Fly, or Teleport.  Oh yeah, and that giant globe thing in Besrodio's house.  That should get fixed too.
My dreams can come true!

Gaignun

I'm with The Damned on Oil.  Demi2 was made nicely useable in 1.38.  Turning it into a Death spell with Oil is troubling.  There are ways to prevent this, though:

1) Change weakness modifiers from 2x to 1.5x, or
2) make Demi non-elemental

My vote is for option 1, because option 1 also

1) indirectly buffs elemental shields and Cursed Ring, and
2) nerfs Oil + magic gun combos

Also, is making Oil persist past elemental damage for the sake of the few skills that are elemental and inflict status ailments a good idea?  Persistent Oil sounds broken to me, considering that it's also been proposed to lock reaction abilities, as well.

Dokurider

I would prioritize making Wish 3 range over trying to make it outdo Poison. The range boost alone would make it a worthy revival option in my eyes, making it Phoenix Down without the need for Throw Item.

The Damned

January 09, 2013, 01:23:45 am #36 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:35:16 pm by The Damned
(I concur, though I don't think that FFMaster was discounting adding range to Wish.)

Ugh. I finally finished this damn thing after thinking about it since yesterday and the rest of today being a wash anyway. Hurray.

These are my Personal Suggestions for ARENA, though not all of them are my creation of course. So, of course, some more controversial things are intentionally here, especially since I only decided on a lot of these hours ago and while I was typing this up over the past several hours.

I'll fix any typos later:

[SQUIRE]
1. Yell's CT decreases from 3 to 0.
2. Alacrity gets formally renamed Focus, since that's what everyone is calling it anyway, and gets shares Accumulate's animation.
3. Squire loses "Equip Clothing" Support, which goes to Monk.
4. Wish, at the very least, gets a range increase from 1 to 3. It could also do with an HP or accuracy boost to further differentiate itself from Revive, even if this means it might end up costing a bit of MP unlike Revive.
5. If anything else yet not everything is to cure Oil besides Holy Water & Refute, then Heal should be the only addition.
6. Ultima's JP cost decreases from 350 to 300.
7. Squire loses "Defend" Support, which goes to Chemist.

[CHEMIST]
1. Chemist gains "Defend" Support from Squire.

[PALADIN]
1. Consecration's JP cost decreases from 300 to 250.
2. Reraise's CT increases from 0 to 2.
3. Reraise's JP cost increases from 100 to 150.
4. Paladin loses "Move -1" Movement, which goes to Mediator.

[ARCHER]
1. Leg Aim's JP cost is reduced from 200 to 150 JP.
2. Seal Evil's JP cost is reduced from 200 to 150 JP.
3. Execute's JP cost is reduced from 200 to 100 JP.
4. Cover Fire's formula changed to something (a lot) less "swing-y" when it comes to its overall damage range.
5. Projectile Guard's JP cost is reduced from 300 to 250 JP.
6. Hawk's Eye's MP cost increases from 8 to 10.
7. Archer gets at least +2 MP across the board.

[MONK]
1. Monk gains all the changes decided upon in the Monk Overhaul thread with regards to Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Wave Fist & Earth Slash.
2. Monk gains the "Equip Clothes" Support from Squire.

[PRIEST]
1. The Cure changes just discussed and agreed upon take place with regards to Cure, Cure 3 and Cure 4.
2. The spell Protect's Vertical increases from 0 to 1.
3. The spell Shell's Vertical increases from 0 to 1.
4. The spell Wall's MP decreases from 25 to 20 and its CT decreases from 3 to 2.
5. Holy's X decreases from 16 to 15.
6. Priest's Speed increases from 8 to 9.
7. Priest's MP decreases by 5.
8. Male Priest's PA decreases from 8 to 7.

[WIZARD]
1. Death's JP cost decreases from 200 to 150.
2. Flare's MP cost decreases from 50 to 40.
3. Wizard loses Poison spell to Time Mage.
4. Wizard gains composite Bio spell: Old Bio 2 stats except it costs 15 MP, is F(MA*8), has 150 JP and adds Poison instead of Frog (and is actually susceptible to Reflect).

[TIME MAGE]
1. Haste's X increases from 60 to 70.
2. Haste 2's X increases from 100 to 110.
3. Haste 2's JP cost decreases from 300 to 250.
4. Slow 2's JP cost decreases from 300 to 250.
5. Comet's JP cost decreases from 150 to 100 and becomes susceptible to Counter Magic (but not Counter Flood).
6. Stop's MP cost increases from 14 to 16.
7. Time Mage loses Balance, which goes to Oracle.
8. Time Mage gains Poison, which it gains from Wizard.
9. Critical Quick's JP cost decreases from 300 to at most 250.
10. Chrono Trigger's JP cost decreases from 300 to at least 250.
11. Time Mage gains "Equip Magegear" Support from now defunct Scholar.
12. Time Mage's Speed increases from 8 to 10.
13. Time Mage's HP increases by (at least) 10.
14. Time Mage's MP increases by 5.
15. Time Mage's C-EV increases from 5% to 10%.

[SUMMONER]
No suggested changes at present.

[THIEF]
1. Thief loses Heretic, which goes to Ninja.
2. Bad Luck's CT decreases from 4 to 3, MP cost decreases from 9 to 8, status infliction becomes Random rather than Separate (?), loses Dead, Oil & Slow aspects, is no longer susceptible to Counter Magic and gains the ability to proc Death Sentence, Don't Move or Don't Act.
3. Quickening dies in a fire and is then taken out back and shot for good measure before being buried in an unmarked grave. That or at the very, very, very least it has its MP cost increased from 15 to at least 20.
4. Power Ruin's JP cost decreases from 200 to 150.
5. Mind Ruin's JP cost decreases from 200 to 150.
6. Thief's MP increases by at least 1.

[MEDIATOR]
1. Persuade becomes single-target Add: Stop, its X becomes 40 and its JP cost increases from 100 to 300.
2. Solution becomes Cancel: All Negative statuses and its JP cost increases from 100 to 200 JP.
3. Refute loses Charging & Performing & its ability to Cancel: All Negative statuses, becoming Cancel: All Positive statuses, and its JP cost decreases from 300 to 200 JP.
4. Insult's X decreases from 55 to 50.
5. Mediator gains "Move -1" Movement from Paladin.
6. Mediator's HP decreases by about 10.
7. Mediator's C-EV increases from 5% to 10%.

[ORACLE]
1. Beguile's CT decreases from 5 to 4 and its MP cost decreases from 20 to 16.
2. Dispel Magic's AoE increases from 0 to 1.
3. Paralyze's X decreases from 60 to 55 and its JP cost increases from 100 to 150.
4. Sleep's CT increases from 4 to 5, its MP cost decreases from 24 to 20 and its X increases from 60 to 65.
5. Oracle gains Balance from Time Mage, which remains the same except that its JP decreases from 300 to 250 and its CT increases from 2 to 3.
6. Oracle's HP increases by 10.
7. Oracle's MP increases by at least 5.
8. Male Oracle's PA increases from 7 to 8.

[GEOMANCER]
1. Geomancer's C-EV decreases from 10% to 5%.

[LANCER]
1. Lancer's C-EV increases from 5% to 10%.
2. Lancer's MA increases by 1.
3. Lancer gets back (?) access to Robes.

[SAMURAI]
1. Bizen Boat becomes subject to M-EV.
2. Murasame's X decreases from 10 to 9.

[NINJA]
1. Tsumazuku dies and Ninja gets something that's worth using, that it will actually use and that will still at least cancel Haste.
2. Shuriken's MP decreases from 10 to 8.
3. Meiton, Fuuton & Suiton differ as per Raven's suggestions.
4. Houkouton dies (or goes to Thief in some form).
5. Kagesougi's MP cost increases from 5 to at least 8 and it loses its ability to cause Don't Act.
6. Ninja gains Thief's Heretic, which is renamed "Mushin (no Shin)".

[DRUID]
1. Apparently replaces Scholar.
2. Gets Mad Science as Scholar currently has it, except with CT 3 and renamed "Astra"; Heart of the Wild becomes unnecessary.
3. Should probably get a fourth Inner Beast-linked ability with "Heart of the Wild" "dead". I'm not sure about what it should be though at present.
4. Loses "Equip Magegear" Support, which goes to Time Mage.
5. Its MA is, at most, 11 so that it doesn't go back to having basically Wizard+ stats.

[BARD]
1. Last Song's accuracy increases from 34% to 40%.

[DANCER]
1. Wiznaibus's JP cost decreases from 200 back to 100.
2. Last Dance's accuracy increases from 34% to 40%.

[BARD & DANCER]
1. Brave UP's JP cost decreases from 200 to 100.

[AMBIVALENT ABOUT]
1. Equip Polearms Getting Cloths: I suppose I can understand the idea since they're all Range 2 weapons and Cloths are currently exclusive to Dancer. Thing is, though, that Persia & Cashmere are inferior to Ryozan Silk in much the same fashion that Lamia Harp & Fairy Harp are inferior to Bloody Strings. Unlike Bloody Strings though, which I have an idea about how to "fix", nothing comes to me on how to fix Persia & Cashmere. This especially since Ryozan Silk is not absorbing HP and Dancer already had more damaging options even before Swords' arguably unnecessary overhaul. Similarly, given everything else that's being asked to be changed right now, I don't really feel like thinking of Cloth changes right now.

2. Speed +1 Movement: I really don't care if this exists or not to be honest. If it does, then I "support" Ninja getting it and it costing at least 400 JP.

3. Slow and the Protects & Shells Getting X increases: I don't really see these as necessary, but I'm not strictly against it. I AM against Regen getting a buff though, or at least one so huge, even with having to compete with Regenerator, Nurse & Masamune and Light Robe & P Bag.

4. Druid Having 9 Speed: I have to see what it's other stats are, really.

5. Druid getting Wildfire: I've come to realize that it probably wouldn't be hurt anyone other spell, even Ifrit, for Druid to get it. Still, it's not like Druid needs it.

6. Geomancer's Sand Storm being "fixed": Right now it's still causing Stop, which I'm not sure how to feel about between Sand Storm rarely showing up, Berserk being up in the air and not really being a fan of Stop on Hell Ivy presently.

[UNDECIDED ABOUT]
1. Tsumazuku's Replacement: What exactly replaces Tsumazuku is something I'm unsure about when it comes to details as seems to be pretty much everyone else outside of it possibly having AoE and probably having the form of an Exploding Tag. Of course, where that idea now stands if Dispel Magic is made AoE 1....

2. Houkouton still existing in some form: Or rather if Thief should get a Houkouton-esque Replacement for losing at least Heretic. I wouldn't really be sure of what do with it outside of maybe make it Fire element.

3. Titan: Not sure if Titan should possibly see a bit of improvement given how, despite its power, it's one of the least used Summons. Only thing that I could think would maybe to reduce its MP use to 20 since it "only" hits AoE 2 unlike Leviathan & Salamander but it is still avoidable like them. Anything else seems like it might cause it start becoming overpowered though.

4. If Druids Should Keep Rods: On the one hand, half of the Rods are going to obviated just by Kaiser Plate and there being four other weapon options besides Wizard Rod that add +2 MA. On the other hand, it would be nice to see the Rods get some close-up action again. That Rods would be a unit that wouldn't exactly be squishy and would have a Shield would greatly help that. On the other hand, (female) Squires can already do that and most them aren't being used to do that, so....

5. Equip Clothes Getting Ribbons/Headbands: Even with Headbands getting overall reduced in power, I'm not all that comfortable with this. I feel like this would necessitate a JP boost, for one thing, and I'd be more comfortable with first changing Ribbons and seeing how the new ones function on Monks before letting them "out". Then again, I do "feel" that Ribbons should maybe able to be universally equipped.... I'm conflicted partly because of the next point of indecision.

6. Equip Magegear Getting Harps: Even with the "fix" I'm going to propose for Bloody Strings, I've come to realize that Madlemgen and Lamia Harp are too much alike for my comfort for them to both be on the same "Equip" thing. This even though Harps are MA*WP and Books are (PA+MA)/2*WP. Normally, this wouldn't be a huge enough problem for me deny that Harps should go on to Equip Magegear by itself. However, considering how there are only three Harps and only four Books, two of them being so similar seems kind of like a big deal and, at present, I don't have any good ideas about what to do to "fix" one or the other.

7. Lancer & Samurai HP: Initially, I was going to suggest that Lancer perhaps lose 10 HP and Samurai gain 10 HP since Lancer is "supposed" to be the more evasive tank to me. This compared to (male) Samurai being "stuck" on-screen and getting relatively up close aside from Kikuichimoji. However, Samurai has self-healing even with Murasame and possibly Masamune getting nerfed whereas Lancer naturally doesn't, though it does have Jump, Shields and Dragon Spirit to avoid dying, so.... Currently I'm leaning towards their HP staying the same because I'm unsure about something else.

8. Masamune & perhaps Chirijiraden change: I still feel that something has to be done with Masamune; I'm just not sure what that is. Similarly not sure what to do about Chirijiraden or, unlike Masamune, if even needs to be changed. I'd put Kiyomori here since I still think it sucks in most instances, but that's not as much of problem even with the AI being dumb about it; so many people just need stop using it if they can't tank for shit.

(Double) Forgetful EDIT: I swear am an idiot. Finally remembered these two as well.

9. Battle Song & Magic Song going back to 50%: I still don't see why these were buffed when even after the Fist formula fix in the case of the former they still remained useable. It just seems really unnecessary. The only reason it's here as undecided is because no one else seems ot have a problem with it for some reason, so....

10. Changing Preach: Under my Mediator suggestions, I had contemplated changing Preach alongside Solution since I've never seen the AI use either. I vaguely recall formerdeathcorps saying that he has though. So the reason I decided to kill only Solution is because Heretic going to a class that can and will actually make use of it makes Solution redundant. Meanwhile, no skill would remain that could potentially add Faith, though perhaps one doesn't need to, even (or perhaps especially) if the AI actually did use it.... But, yeah, killing Preach (or Mediator) could probably wait until 140 anyway.

[KNIVES]
1. Throwing Knife's WP increases from 10 to 12 and maybe its Death Sentence proc decreases from 33% to 25%.
2. Dual Cutter's WP increases from 7 to 8.
3. Repel Knife's WP decreases from 9 to 7 and it actually adds both Don't Act and Haste at the same time or nothing at all instead of the Separate things it's doing now.
4. Mage Masher either keeps the 100% Bizen Boat proc it has now (despite what it says in the Master Guide presently) and its WP decreases from 9 to 8 or it goes back to the 50% Bizen Boat it "should" be and its WP increases from 9 to 10.
5. Air Knife's WP decreases from 13 to 11 and loses its ability to cause Sleep, which it isn't causing anyway. For now, I suppose it's fine that it remains Two Hands if it's not already the strongest by default (before Strengthen).

[NINJATO]
(I agree with all of Raven's changes except for slight changes to the following two items:)
1. Ninja Knife's WP decreases from 11 to 9 since Kagesougi's powerful enough without its best Ninjato, sans Hidden Knife, buffing it and having the most WP.
2. Ninja Edge's WP increases from 9 to 11 since it has to compete with Kagesougi still causing Don't Move as it is.

[SWORDS]
1. Phoenix Blade's W-EV decreases from 25% to 20% and it loses Immune: Dead.
2. Parry Edge's WP increases from 9 to 10 and its W-EV increases from 20% to 25%.
3. Platinum Sword's W-EV increases from 10% to 15%.
4. Ice Brand's WP decreases from 14 to 13 and its chance of casting Ice 2 increases from 25% to 33%.

[KNIGHT SWORDS]
(I agree with all of Raven's changes, even if I'm a bit...unsure about Save the Queen and Ragnarok being Always. Still, they do need improvements and I've always wanted Defender to be more appealing, so....)

[KATANA]
1. Asura Knife's WP decreases from 10 to 9.
2. Bizen Boat's WP increases from 9 to 10.

[AXES]
1. Battle Axe's W-EV decreases from 30% to 25% W-EV, "Decapitate"'s damage decreases from 85% TarMaxHP to 50% TarMaxHP and gets renamed "Maim".
2. Giant Axe's WP decreases from 10 to 9.
3. Slasher's W-EV decreases from 30% to 20% and it becomes usable with Two Swords.

[RODS]

[STAVES]
1. White Staff's WP increases from 7 to 8 and it becomes Holy Elemental.
2. Healing Staff's W-EV increases from 10% to 20% and gains Strengthen: Dark & Speed +1 in addition to Strengthen: Holy. (Possible renames: Chaos Staff, Cosmos Staff, Priest Staff, etc.)
3. Rainbow Staff's WP decreases from 10 to 7 and gains Block: Oil & +2 MA.
4. Wizard Staff's loses +2 MA, becomes Dark Element, gains the ability to cast at 50% the spell Harm (basically Dark element version of Dia, except with a 20% chance to Silence) and gets renamed Black Staff.
5. Gold Staff's WP increases from 8 to 10 and its W-EV increases from 10% to 15%.

[FLAILS]

[GUNS]
1. Romanda Gun's WP decreases from 10 to 8.
2. Mythril Gun's WP increases from 8 to 10.
3. Blaze Gun's WP increases from 13 to 14, becomes Forced Two Hands and switches to casting Nether Fire.
4. Glacier Gun's WP increases from 12 to 13, becomes Forced Two Hands and switches to casting Nether Ice.
5. Blast Gun's WP increases from 11 to 12, becomes Forced Two Hands and switches to casting Nether Bolt.

[CROSSBOW]
1. Silencer's WP increases from 10 to 12.
2. Poison Bow's WP decreases from 12 to 10.

[LONGBOWS]
1. Silver Bow gains +2 MA or at least +1 MA.

[HARPS]
1. Ramia Harp finally gets renamed to Lamia Harp please.
2. Bloody Strings gets its WP decreased from 12 to 8 or 9.

[BOOKS]
No changes decided upon at present (though something may need to happen to Madlemgen).

[SPEARS]
I agree with Raven's changes though I recall that you (FFMaster) had already said that you had an idea of how to "fix" Holy Lance, so....

[STICKS]

[BAGS]

[CLOTHS]
No changes decided upon at present.

[SHIELDS]
1. Crystal Shield dies for being basically useless except with Cursed Ring and...something takes its place.
2. Venetian Shield officially gets renamed in the Master Guide Zephyr Shield since that's what most people are calling it and that's what it seems to show as in the spreadsheet or something.

[ARMOR]
Given I helped come up with the proposed changes Raven's post and I don't really mind him "covertly" increasing Choice Band and Chakra Band's HP and MP higher (and Chakra Band's immunities), I overall agree with them. Chakra Band might block too many things for my taste ultimately, but meh, that can change in 140 I guess. Genji Helmet might need to be changed considering what I'm asking about/proposing for Berserk.

[ACCESSORIES]
Upon seeing Raven's edit, I agree with his changes...though Salty Rage might need to be changed as with Genji Helmet. He forgot a couple of proposals that formerdeathcorps suggested, though may be because he disagreed with them; I don't:
1. Defense Ring loses Absorb: Water & Gains Null: Ice.
2. Jade Armlet loses Null: Ice & Gains Absorb: Water. (I'd suggest calling this Coral Armlet, but that might just be me.)

[AMBIVALENT ABOUT]
1. Monster Dict getting renamed to Bestiary: ...Basically exactly what it says really. It's a shorter and less ridiculous (or potentially dirty-sounding) name, but no one has really commented on it, perhaps because it's the least-used Book. Then again, I am pretty much the only person to kvetch about thing's names, so....

2. Long Bow Getting +1 Move: I don't remember this being brought up before Raven's "complied" post in this thread to be honest. I'm not against it, I'm just not sure it's necessary and I say this as someone who likes Longbows and was annoyed about Long Bow being so overshadowed. Still, I suppose it getting it wouldn't hurt anything....

3. "De-weeaboo"'ing Ninjato: If anyone gets tired of the Naruto jokes, then we can just rename Sasuke Knife Iga Knife and truncate Orochimaru Fang to Orochi Fang. I don't really care one way or the other though.

[UNDECIDED ABOUT]
1. Phoenix Blade Getting Immune: Critical: I can see what Raven's aiming for, but I still don't really agree with it since Phoenix Blade is powerful (read: obnoxious) enough as it is. This is partly if only because I'm not sure if such a thing would make the AI act weird(er) or even dumb(er), especially if Phoenix Blade got broken.

2. Tactican's Blade getting 15% W-EV: I briefly considered this before deciding to suggest that poor Platinum Sword got that amount instead since way too many of the already buffed Swords are sitting at 10% W-EV. That and Tactican's Blade is basically made for getting in your opponent's face unless you have Teleport (or Flee). With swords already getting so many arguable buffs though and +1 Move & Jump being rather useful, this probably isn't necessary...

3. Potentially Boosting Shieldrender's abilities: This would only be considered if the hack that "fixes" the Break skills and makes them not turn into Attacks if the target is missing that piece of equipment. This would thus likely need some type of boost unlike Bow Gun, which would still have Range 4 even after Armor Break went off. When combined with swords as a whole already being buffed and not being what type of boost would be "adequate"...yeah.

4. Battle Axe's Maim proc becoming 33%: At present, Battle Axe is overpowering when it goes off. If it went off under Maim, then it would still be more than decent, but I'm not sure if it would be..."enough". Also, I don't want to make it automatically "useless" for 40 Brave units; I just want to make it not abuseable to the point it's a "last long enough to OHKO" thing where it basically is now. Maim staying at 25% might be enough though considering Battle Axe's actual attack can do quite a good bit of damage (which is what was part of the problem with ). Shrug.

5. Giant Axe "merely" decreasing in WP: At present, it's at least no longer equal to Slasher in power due to self-strengthen, but it's still barely below. Also, it has to retain the 30% evasion since it makes sense for the overall harder hitting (with proc) Battle Axe to have a decrease in W-EV and if Slasher is be usable with Two Swords, it sure as hell can't keep 30%. Slasher similarly can't get 25% since then it obviates Parry Edge even after the buff despite Axes' fluctating damage; as it is now, Slasher kinda obviates Platinum Sword, though more people get Swords and Platinum Sword's damage is stable. I couldn't really think of anything else though that wasn't drastic and I think that Giant Axe is mostly fine and good as it is now in 138; it just needs not to obviate potentially using Slasher.

6. Lamia Harp vs. Madlemgen: As stated under the Class suggestions, this is something of a stickler for me when it comes to Equip Magegear getting Harps now. It's both a sticking point because I only just realized it while thinking about & typing up this list and because I can't think of a solution for this. The best I can think would be to change Madlemgen's Stop to Sleep or Death Sentence since Lamia Harp, due to regularly having more power on mages, should have the "less serious" Stop. I'm not sure I'm really comfortable with either of those though; Sleep makes feel more "uncomfortable" though. Only other thing I could think of would maybe changing Lamia Harp to 33% or even 50% Poison, but Poison Bow and Poison Rod already exist, so meh.

7. Making Persia & Cashmere Useful: I think I've personally used both...a while ago, but they have to compete with way too many things as it is and now Save the Queen & Ragnarok are getting seemingly necessary buffs. Unlike the Knight Swords though, there's no way in hell these should become Always unless maybe they're Forced and even then that's rather undesirable and seems lazy. Yet like the two weapons above, I can't decide on how to "fix" them. Initially, I was just going to leave them until 140 like Knight Swords and Ninjato, but if we're going for broke...then, yeah, something should probably done to be done. The "best" I've got at present is giving Persia +2 PA and Cashmere +2 MA in addition to Initial: Protect & Initial: Shell respectively. And, like with Lamia Harp vs. Madlemgen, that seems rather crappy.

8. What to do with Crystal Shield's spot: I don't agree with Dokurider's Cursed Shield at all. I find it interesting to a degree, but it's ultimately rather boring since there's no way in hell you aren't using Stigma Magic or Esuna (or Refute/Solution) with that thing. That both of those get rid of all three negative statuses on his proposal at once is meh. At least with Petrify Gun, the Unit misses its own turn in addition to having to be cured, which makes half your team miss its turn. Making a shield like Petrify Gun also isn't a solution because that's still boring. At present, I think the best thing to do would be to make a Shield's a Water/Wind/Earth version of Kaiser Plate. Even that's "boring" and a role already fulfilled by a few weapons however. So...yeah. I'm Alicia Silverstone here, especially since I'm kind of undecided if the "real" best thing to do would be to make a Shield that was Immune: Blind (NOT as a change to Genji Shield) given Grand Cross.

9. Genji Helmet & Salty Rage: These might need to change if Berserk can be given a finite CT, though I suppose they would still be somewhat useful if they were Immune: Blind now.

10. Defense Armlet: Despite it being immune to Fire, Don't Move & Don't Act, this is easily among the least used accessories. I know that something has to be least used, but there seems to be relatively little incentive to use this even with Shield weaknesses, Fire generally having the most AoE and Don't Act being a rather serious status. I'm sure part of it is that Ice Absorb generally tends to be the least used type of Absorption (for some reason) and thus there's not as much incentive to use Ice Shield; incidentally, this is why Defense Ring getting Null: Ice seems fine/better. On top of that, if Natural Wrist gets in, then Defense Armlet doesn't even like it be useful for that (especially since Fire absorb would benefit from Immune: Oil). So...yeah, this seems like this needs something. I'm just not sure what. Again.

Unlike the other sections, I'll just outright skip the statuses I have no opinion on since I don't want to type "No suggested changes at present" out 30+ times. I am also not going to bother putting an ambivalent sub-section here:

["DARKNESS"]
1. Please finally universally rename this "Blind" or "Darkness" throughout all of the Master Guide. Honestly, it's rather tiring to have that still vacillate back and forth even if it's not originally your fault FFMaster. Please pick one and stick with it though.

[OIL]
1. This remains a "one-shot" status despite the status prevention issue considering how rare that should actually be. Of all the elemental weapons, only Heaven's Cloud, Ice Bow, Lightning Bow and technically Coral Sword & Air Knife, the latter of which doesn't even "work" in that regard, can regularly add statuses. Similarly, Grand Cross and Kagesougi are the only way of making elemental weapons otherwise add status and both of those abilities are already strong enough as it is.

2. Similarly, this remains not applicable to Holy or Dark status since AoE Death in the form of Demi 2 is silly. Changing Demi 2 as a "solution" isn't fair given that Demi 2 is finally usable (again) now. Also, Holy already obviates Flare as it is in most instances and it's kind of pointless to suggest changes for 139 to fix that if Oil is going to bring up again and make it worse. Dia would similarly become ridiculously unless you really want instant, Holy-element single-target Bolt 2s.

3. Oil blocks Haste and possibly even Cancels it. That way, Nameless Dance gets stronger without needing to add something ridiculous to it. Additionally teams that don't use the Oil-enhanced elements can still get some use out of it without Oil needing to do something as powerful as block Reactions since it technically lasts "forever".

[RERAISE]
1. Changes to (formally) cancel Death Sentence.

[BERSERK]
1. If so possible, then this trades CT with Reflect (or even Wall) and gets a finite CT of, say, 48.

[DEATH SENTENCE]
1. If anything new "should" block Reactions that doesn't already, then it should be finite and it should probably be this.

2. Similarly, this at the very least should cancel Reraise. I almost want to say it should block it to, but that's partly because of Dragon Spirit, which blocking Reactions would take care of, and partly because of my personal dislike, which isn't objective. So, yes, this changes to cancel Reraise.

[GENERAL]
1. Under the Master Guide's Elemental Absorption note, please note that Oil nullifies Null, Halve & Absorb. That's kind of important really.

2. Please add "unless Blind/afflicted by Darkness" to the end of the description of Squire's "Concentrate" Support.

3. Similarly, please rephrase Transparent status's description as "Eliminates defender's P-EV unless Blind/afflicted by Darkness".

4. Please rephrase Paladin's "Counter" Reaction as the following: "Counter with physical attack if attacker with exact weapon range, i.e. 4 spaces away for Crossbows." I'm forgetful, but I doubt I'm only person to not remember that or to, even as I type that, still doubt if I'm "remembering" that correctly.

5. Similarly, the same goes for Samurai's "Meatbone Slash" Reaction please (I think). Might even want to note that Direct weapons won't magickally go through Allies IIRC, but I find it more fun for people to discover that first-hand.

6. Please clarify Oracle's "Absorb MP" to be "Restores 30 MP when affected by an MP-using ability" since that's what it really is.

7. Please change "when damaged" to "when affected by Faith-based magic" for Bard & Dancer's shared "Faith UP" ability. Admittedly, I'm not how it reacts to Nether spells, Comet or Ninjutsu, but it should definitely be noted that it reacts to Cure and such sans resurrection. (Or does this trigger off Raise and such too? I forget.)

8. Almost forgot: Please note that Death, Chakra & Life Song heal the Undead. Might even want to note in Undead's description that it doesn't reverse elemental healing or Regen & Move-HP UP's healing.

Forgetful EDIT: Figure I might as well add these in while I'm going through and fixing typos.

9. Something I did forget: May want to note somewhere or somehow that Rainbow Staff & Natural Wrist negate White Robe & Thief Hat's Halving Abilities due to how the "neutrality" is attained.

10. Something I did forget: Please add the recent hack that makes Break skills not attacks if the target doesn't have appropriate equipment. This shouldn't really affect Bow Gun if it's fixed to actually work, but Shieldrender may need a boost (somehow) when it also gets fixed.

11. Something I did forget: Please at least consider using Xifanie's stat limitation hack, especially if Battle Song and Magic Song are going to stay so high (and especially if Quickening continues to live).

[UNDECIDED]
1. Clarifying Distribute: May want to note that it doesn't work on self-healing (like most reactions don't react to self-target abilities), but I'm pretty sure everyone knows that by now.

2. Clarifying Damage Split: May want to note that by "shift", it both damages the enemy and heals the user by that amount. However, pretty much everyone knows that and I can't think of a concise or, rather, fluid way to phrase that. Still, I'm trying to think of newer people who might be less familiar with FFT and just generally trying to be "thorough" if so much is changing.

3. Regen & Poison: I'm still not comfortable with these lasting past death, especially with Masamune & Hawk's Eye around. However, at present, I can't think of a "good" solution to making them more usable otherwise, so I'll leave them alone. For now.

I'll compile everything that's been (more or less) agreed upon by Friday.

(Double) Forgetful EDIT: Pretty much all typos fixed and three things added under General Changes. ...Or, rather, make that five changes total with an additional two changes under the Undecided skill section that I, of course, also forgot about.

Barren

Here is my BlueMage idea finally, I don't know if it should replace mediators but I think its worth a try. Tell me what do you all think?

Blue Mage

HPM: 65
MPM: 85
SPM: 100
PAM: 105
MAM: 145
Move: 3
Jump: 3
C-EV%: 10

Equippable: Book, Katana, Hat, Cloth, Robe, Accessory

Generic Male Stats
HP: 134
MP: 79
Sp: 8
PA: 8
MA: 9

Generic Female Stats
HP: 125
MP: 85
Sp: 8
PA: 7
MA: 11

Abilities
Choco Cure
Range: Self
AoE: 1
Vertical: 2
CT: 0
Element: Holy
Formula: Heal_(MA*8)
EV: -
Ref: No
JP Cost: 150
MP Cost: 8
Special: -

Goblin Punch
Range: 1
AoE: 0
Element: None
Formula: Dmg_(PA*PA/2)
EV: Yes
Ref: -
JP Cost: 150
MP Cost: 6

Self Destruct
AoE: 2
Vertical: 3
Formula: Dmg_(TarMaxHP-TarCurHP damage)
JP Cost: 300
MP Cost: 0

Blaster
Range: 3
CT: 4
Formula: Hit_(MA+50)%
EV: Yes
Ref: -
JP Cost: 250
MP Cost: 12

Odd Soundwave
AoE: 4
Formula: Hit_(100)%
JP Cost: 200
MP Cost: 5

Nightmare
Range: 0
AoE: 255
Vertical: 255
Formula: Hit_(50)%
MP Cost: 24
Special: Hits everyone

Mana Syphon
Range: 0
Vertical: 0
Formula: AbsMP_(50)% Hit_F(MA+100)%
JP Cost: 100
MP Cost: 0

Look of Devil
Range: 3
Formula: Hit_F(MA+55)%
EV: M
JP Cost: 250
MP Cost: 15

Hurricane
Range: 4
AoE: 2
Element: Wind
Formula: Dmg_F(MA*10)
MP Cost: 22

Gigaflare
Range: 4
AoE: 3
CT: 6
Element: none
Formula: Dmg_(MA*12)
JP Cost: 350
MP Cost: 35

The Damned

(Well today's turning out "great" again it seems.)

Regardless, I went through and fixed most of my idiotic typos in my suggestion list from last night. I also added five things--even if that took editing it twice, sigh--that I had forgotten last night: two under the Undecided part of Classes & Abilities and three under the General section.

Anyway, I also forgot to say I'll be adding a formal "bug & typo" fix list to the composite post that will be out around Friday night even though I think I touched on most of them in the above suggestion list.

Clearly, I am a master of memory and focus.

Quote from: Barren on January 09, 2013, 09:40:30 am
Here is my BlueMage idea finally, I don't know if it should replace mediators but I think its worth a try. Tell me what do you all think?

*Blue Mage spoiler*

Well, those equipments and stats look more or less fine, though if it's replacing Mediator, then it should probably keep Mediator's 4 Move, especially if most of its skills are going to be instant. I suck at balancing stats though.

Its skills are an entirely different matter of balance however. To be frank, most of the ones you suggested aside from the first two and maybe Blaster & Look of Devil are horribly overpowered if not outright broken. Putting everything to Sleep, having an even better form of Tornado, having a better form of Spell Absorb, having an AoE 3 Faithless nuke, having AoE 4 anything at 100% and having Self-Destruct make your skill-set broken. No exceptions.

(Also, Hurricane also exists as another, different skill, i.e. Windslash Bow's proc.)

As for the other skills, well, the first two are actually kind of underwhelming at lower levels and have separate problem: we don't really need another Murasame, which kinda screws over Choco Cure, and Goblin Punch's power both doesn't get threatening until about 20 PA, after which it quickly gets absurd (as with quadratic anything really). Blaster is possibly fine, if only because both Chronos Tear & Soft are cheap and a couple of items block both. Look of Devil is also maybe fine, though I don't really like anything adding Dead if we can avoid it and it kinda gives the already unused Bad Luck unnecessary competition.

As said before, it's probably best to avoid taking the vanilla form of monster skills when it comes to Blue Magick. I meant that for every game given how broken Final Fantasy games are (as with most RPGs after a certain point) and it's rather obvious that Nightmare is FFT:A's busted Night skill by slightly different name.

Barren

Well it doesn't have to be like that exactly, its only a rough idea anyways. But if people don't like it then its okay, I just figured it was worth a shot