• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 11:52:26 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

If the USA and China ever go to war with each other...

Started by SolidSnakeDog, April 04, 2010, 12:50:42 pm

SolidSnakeDog

April 04, 2010, 12:50:42 pm Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:36:07 pm by SolidSnakeDog
If the USA and China ever go to war with each other...what you think will hapend ?
Or what will hapend if somehow China stop sending there stuff in USA all of a sudden?

Old topic :
My TV is DEATH!! *RAGE*
I hate that the new TV's today got a really bad life time (1-5 years at most) compared to the old TV's long ago that lasted...10-30 years i think??

Of course having an HD and stuff like that is nice but the cost is much higher and the TV's life is extremely reduced...bullshit in the end.
I need a new TV now...  :x

formerdeathcorps

You can say that again.
I had a really old TV bought 20 years ago.  We only had to trash it 5 years ago because we couldn't see anything.  The VCR that came with it still works.
The next TV we bought 10 years ago still works.  I remembering playing FFT on it too.
Our new HD TV from 5 years ago?  We already had to replace it twice and so did my uncle for both of his large HDTVs (when he used to live near our family).  Planned obsolescence = profit = waste of resources and customer money.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Xifanie

[center:9sy0vbzz]Welcome to the world of...

MADE IN CHINA[/center:9sy0vbzz]
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: "Zodiac"[center:yni34gju]Welcome to the world of...

MADE IN CHINA[/center:yni34gju]
Gong!

Ding de ding de ding ding de ding dong.

SolidSnakeDog

Quote from: "Zodiac"[center:39ohqzex]Welcome to the world of...

MADE IN CHINA[/center:39ohqzex]

So damn right. Not only tv's but about ANYTHING esle is made form china.

I just received my fixed TV now (Much Faster that expected)
And the cost was more that decent has well.(A bit more that 60$) Seem like quite a few parts was burned and electricity did not pass proprely. (must be wy the image was geting slowly darker and darker over time.Till i can't open the TV anymore.)
Quite a few parts that was about to broke(and broken) was changed has well.

Seem like my TV got a new life now. the image is much better that before. (Totally worth the 60$ i'd say)

The guy that fixed it aslo say to me that the TOSHIBA TV's are quite easy to fix because the parts form it are easyest to get. Thus,explining wy this was fixed so quick and the lower prize.

I am quite happy that my TV is fixed now. (A much better image has well  :) )

Kaijyuu

Quote from: "Zodiac"[center:2vmnjqj9]Welcome to the world of...

MADE IN CHINA[/center:2vmnjqj9]
But it's so inexpensive!

Xifanie

Price: 30%
Lifetime: 10%
Warranty length: 20%
Energy Cost: 300%

This is all of course compared to a high quality product made in Canada/USA/Japan
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Pickle Girl Fanboy

In one of his more recent videos, Osama Bin Laden blamed global warming/climate change on the USA and called for the world's people to boycott American goods in protest.  The only problem with this?  Nothing's made in America.  What's he going to do, boycott Hannah Montana?

Kaijyuu

QuoteWhat's he going to do, boycott Hannah Montana?
I would be in full support of such a boycott.

Samuraiblackbelt

as would I, along with justin beiber and the jonas brothers, who are all perfect examples of American stupidity
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

formerdeathcorps

The only other real industry by the USA is armaments.  Thus, his call to boycott US-made weapons (which he probably would obtain via black market means) is hypocritical, if not ridiculous.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"The only other real industry by the USA is armaments.  Thus, his call to boycott US-made weapons (which he probably would obtain via black market means) is hypocritical, if not ridiculous.

Well, it's all bullshit - everyone knows Osama isn't good for much except propaganda these days - but I prefer to take apart justifications for terrorism by logic, rather than just yelling, "BUT UR A TRRIST!!!1111!1"

SolidSnakeDog

So USA make....weapons. And china make...anything esle.

Think for a momment... : If the USA and China ever go to war with each other...what will hapend ?
(Say...guess i need to change the topic title now)

Mari

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Dokurider

This topic is confusing.

But in all seriousness, the likelihood of America declaring war on China is as likely as Walmart declaring war on rednecks.

Xifanie

To kill the Wal-mart you have to break its heart, a mirror in the back room.

Mari

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

formerdeathcorps

The war, like all wars, will probably be over resources, markets, and economies as a whole.  At first you'll see the battles in the proxy zones (Sudan, Central Asia, Iran) and then, the powers will start to accuse each other.  Alliances harden, trade embargoes are erected, and claims of currency/market/political manipulation escalate.  Without an outlet, this turns to hot war, but even a cold war is destructive to both economies and peoples (though the current state really is no better for most people).
The historical parallels exist.  Replace China with Germany and the USA with the UK and go back a century and you have exactly the same kind of problem (1 rising power wanting space to "grow" vs. 1 falling power holding most of the pieces).  We all know what happened in 1914 and 1933-39.

Or...at least I hope it doesn't happen like that.  I don't think anyone wants to be caught in the middle.

SolidSnakeDog

I agree the topic is confusing lol. (probably due to the sudden change in the title but anyway.)
I have bring that up because i just remembered that a few mouth ago,(about half a year i think) the USA actually fired a missile in china's ocean.
Quite a few belived it to be a *Agression* But there did not say to much about it. (Good thing this did not end up in a war but the China remember it well, hurting the relation of the US and China.
I guess if something like this ever hapend again, war may actually be declared at that time.

I just hope this will not hapend...at less in our life time.