• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 08:29:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy VIII Altimate Rewrite

Started by Dokurider, February 23, 2010, 10:47:14 pm

Dokurider

February 23, 2010, 10:47:14 pm Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:02:10 pm by Dokurider
At first, I was being turned off by all the swearing, but as I read on, I...got really hooked. It's a LP/Story Rewrite that really does FFVIII story some justice, doing away with the shitty plot holes almost immediately. I highly recommend it.

Part 1 (Disc One and Two): http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=428367

Part 2 (Disc Three): http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=491345

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Paheej

That is awesome.  I really enjoyed it so far.

Smash

Dokurider

I can't say yes, but at the same time, I can't say no. Look up some Let's Plays and see if you can decide for yourself.

Kaijyuu

I personally despise FF8 because of the draw magic system. I found it extremely tedious.

However, I loved junctioning. Huh.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

Smash, FF8 in short is the FF Soap Opera version of the franchise. It is pretty good on disc 1, then loses its flair because you can easily summon your way through the whole damn game with Shiva. And then on disc 4 -SURPRISE!!- Here comes the end boss that wasnt involved in the whole story throughout the game! But yeah, we still hate her because we dont know her and like to kill random people. Who wrote the story for this fucked up game anyway?! I recommend against playing it. Disc 3 is also crap because you find out all kinds of secrets that you probably would have known when you inserted disc 1. Plus, Squall goes into space (which is a rip off of FF7, which was a rip off of FF4). But FF4 and 7 are good, the only thing good about 8 is the main 2 characters, Squall and Laguna are cool.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!