• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 05:43:14 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Wolfran's Sprites: Testing some stuffs

Started by Wolfran, March 27, 2010, 12:23:14 pm

Jon

Great! Now you havta do the back-facing frame. You could still give a bit of definition to his left ear, our right, the ear that is facing us. It would sorta be neat to have in the movement frames blood dripping from his snout, but that would be pretty tough...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Mari

Hopefully he'll be stronger than RO's desert wolf! =P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Wolfran

It suppose to be as strong as Fenrir in VP. Or at least stronger than minotaur XD
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

mav

Looks good, man. Keep it at. We really need some more monster sprites. Wolves would be a great little throwback to FFI.

Wolfran

I really HATE those days when nothing works but at least I have this[attachment=0:20bzdnx6]Dibujo.PNG[/attachment:20bzdnx6] I know the shade like always sucks but I need some advices for the shape of the head and the eyes, the red/blood of the mouth isn't important now.

mav

Too many red pixels on the mouth, it's kinda distracting. It also looks like the wolf is looking a little to the left instead of straight ahead.

Lijj

Ya I think it's the head only that makes it seem to be leaning a bit to the left. So just the head angle and the mouth need work. and the hispid part, or wooly maybe? Where the hair is sticking up around its shoulders looks a little odd.
So at least it's not a major issue
  • Modding version: PSX

Twinees

The head is definitely the hardest part on a wolf, in this case, it probably needs to be angled up more like the Coeurl to give it the angle mav and lijj are talking about.
Also the ears may need some touching up once you've changed the angle of face. You probably shouldnt be able to see the mouth a great deal, so it shouldnt be completely visible.
Lastly, the head hair (spiky fur) on the front facing frame doesn't seem to correspond with the back facing frame's head, your best bet is to add this, it could also help if u had any problems with the mouth by covering it up.
Nevertheless, it is a pretty good start.
Hope this helps
  • Modding version: PSX

Wolfran

Thanks Guys, I almost forgot the spiky hair XP.[attachment=0:1r2m8239]WK recolored.png[/attachment:1r2m8239] The first one looks like Zozma :mrgreen:

Wolfran

[attachment=0:28r6i4p3]Wolf rear2.PNG[/attachment:28r6i4p3]

Kagebunji

Hm, I liked last version more, personally, this one is outlined, and body is far less shaded ibn the place where head meets body(you even know what I am talkin about? I may be not clar enough, lol). I actually would stay with youur last attempt, not this one, just erase few red pixels from mouth.

Jon

I think the other one compared to this one looks flat, this one at least has some nice shading. However, the head is still looking to the left. You have to imagine that the snout of the beast goes almost exactly Northwest. I believe you can fix this with what you have now by simply starting at the fourth pixel in from the left, the black one on the bottom of the snout, make a box, cut it and raise it all by 1 pixel. That might help give a correct diagonal base. The outline around the head is okay, but its just too strong on his shoulders, dim those down a bit. Nice work, can't wait to see this develop :D

Wolfran

[attachment=1:1r963zl2]wolf rear 2.3.PNG[/attachment:1r963zl2]The wolf in the right looks like the panther but I think it's in the right angle.

[attachment=0:1r963zl2]Okami 16Colours.png[/attachment:1r963zl2]
Just for fun!!!!
I thought  Okami uses more than 16 colours but I was wrong :mrgreen:

Jon

The second frame seems more correct, try extending the snout further out a bit and it should be good. And that weird blood and carpet covered wolf, I am sorry to say, is horrible. Just terrible, practically no shading and I actually don't see what this is supposed to be. What is that green carpet on his back, a metroid sucking his blood?? Sorry if I sound harsh, but really terrible...

Mari

It's a little flaming green shield thingie.
Just search it, if you didn't know, he said what it is! =P
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Wolfran

[attachment=0:259nrhlh]images.jpg[/attachment:259nrhlh]This is Okami, He doesn't have much color and sadly the tattoos must be the same red as the fire of the shield, thats why I pointed about the colours issue.

Zozma

oh lol, i thought it was a white wolf with his back ripped off to reveal a pool of green ooze, meanwhile hes covered in blood...
I can't imagine anyone being able to pull that sprite off well to be honest
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

Okami is cool, but it would be damn hard to make it look well in FFT. But I really love how he looks on that pic.

Jon

Is it a Pokemon? I think you could make this work if the shield was smaller and you got rid of the tattoo on the leg all together.

Cheetah

LOL I appreciate the Okami reference Wolfran. Looks decent, I'm sure you could eliminate some whites and do more orange and red if you really wanted.
Current Projects: