• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 06:18:17 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Wolfran's Sprites: Testing some stuffs

Started by Wolfran, March 27, 2010, 12:23:14 pm

Lijj

You're welcome; Glad to do it! You designed a good character so... I enjoyed drawing it.
  • Modding version: PSX

mav

Holy crap, that's great, Lijj. I can't wait to see the portrait. I'll help, but I certainly can't work on it myself.

Wolfran

Hi again guys, Finally I have some time and sorry for the long wait...Anyway I decided to change the sprite because it's look a lot to the FFV's Berseker and I want something more personal and here is a preview...[attachment=0:ee21r2xt]WK II.bmp[/attachment:ee21r2xt]
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

I thought you ditched this sprite and FFH, but goos that you are still here. Using Ramza as Defender is a good idea, but I suggest making him more bulky, for example change out the armor, it is your call.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

You could have used Ch. 2 Ramza's armor. Or just use the armor from the other version, with this one's palette and boots.

Kagebunji

Ramza's CH2 arms or armor will make it look too much like Ramza himself, I doubt we are aiming for such thing, haha.

mav

Good point. I just feel like this sprite looks a little bare right now--a big helmet and scrawny arms don't make for an intimidating character. Whatever though.

Lijj

Wolfran!
I like this this. I'm glad you came back. Hope to see this done soon. And I'd be glad to do the portrait when it's close.

Wolfran

Guys you are right but first I want to finish this, maybe I'll do a bulky one with claws and more intimidating than this.

blade8531

claws sound awesome, but i believe they may interfere with weapon animations, or it may just look a tad bit odd, unless he's a monk

jimmyjw88

There's a claw weapon made-in-progress for Mercenaries. So, perhaps use that weapon sheet.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Wolfran

I was thinking something like the Oracle Bell from Shaman King[attachment=0:t8wniftp]images.jpg[/attachment:t8wniftp]

Lijj

Here's Wolf Knight port:

[attachment=0:2ssgs72a]WKport.bmp[/attachment:2ssgs72a]

jimmyjw88

Interesting portrait but somehow, the shading seems...unusual. Hmm...
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

It looks good, but like Jimmy said, there is something unusual with shading. Maybe it too dark? I just dunno. And I think his right part of face could be shaded more (our left).

jimmyjw88

Question: Is the helmet furry or metal?

GeneralStrife

yeah the shading where the helmet is supposed to block light around his face is just...too sudden and huge lol

mav

Face and eye shape need some slight tweaking. Take a look at his left cheek and his chin--something wonky seems to be happening. I also feel like the angle of his face isn't corresponding to the angle of the helmet. Great start though--this won't take much time to finish up.

Wolfran

The portrait is really great, I like it a lot but the shading looks weird. But still great :)

Lijj

I wish I had more time to help guy.
@ Mav the wonkiness at the left side is the helmet's bottom teeth. Look at the actual size bmp they look like teeth.

Jimmyjw88: I'm think it's like brushed steal.

Wolfran: maybe lightening up the palette will make shading more like what you were anticipating

Kage: now there's something constructive. Maybe a little more shadow down there (Wolf's chin) would work.

I'll take another crack at it. later but I can't keep busy with it long...
If any one knows exactly what would make this better tell me.  So I can get it perfect in 1 more try.