• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 13, 2024, 02:15:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kagebunji

April 29, 2010, 11:27:27 am #1240 Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:29:11 am by Kagebunji
I began to work on monster edit, I once found a zombie dog and now I made him into this.
[attachment=1:2yh3zvz3]Lucavi Pet.png[/attachment:2yh3zvz3]

Also I'm featuring my attempt at Cecil DK
[attachment=2:2yh3zvz3]Cecil DK.PNG[/attachment:2yh3zvz3]

And new Lezard portrait(final version, submitting him soon)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

I planned to make Cecil Dark Knight too. Lol ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Vanya

That looks like one of the best attempts at Cecil. Lots of potential.
The legs look a bit scrawny. They should be more heavily armored to match the rest.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kagebunji

Thank you, but what should I use for legs? There aren't that many cool armored legs in FFT, hmmm....

jimmyjw88

Looking good. Hmm....Whose legs did you used, Kage?

And if I touch up Lezard portrait, I'll post here and you can update it. Sorry for the delays.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Vanya

That's true Kage. Why don't you give some custom legs a shot?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kagebunji

I could, should I give him some spikes on legs too? I kinda have no idea how to do those custom legs heh.

@Jimmy, it is okay, the port I did will work for now, but if you could update it, I would love it :).

Wolfran

The Dark Knight Cecil looks really good also the zombie dog but I think is better use a zombie behemot.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Heh, Zombie Behemoth is a nice idea too, gotta try my luck at it one day :D

Kagebunji

Ok, I made the Black Waltz out of Lijj's BM concept, I gave him belt as well to make it look less like BM Lijj is doin. I also noticed that BW2 has white eyes. And BW3 is to come after this is done.

jimmyjw88

Looks good. Though, there are some greens on the robe (leg) or is that intentionally?
Anyway, good job.

Lijj

Looks quit nice. I like the addition of yellow trim & good job on the hat! I understand you probably had to bend it for it to actually work.
  • Modding version: PSX

R999

Any progress on Illua? I would use this as the base for her portrait...

I thought about doing a sprite like this as well. Would be curious to know what are good bases to play with this one.

^ She looks way too pixelated in the other game... If I had to do her I will totally include her weapon on the walking sprite itself.

jimmyjw88

Well, that's not easy to do and it doesn't really fit FFT style.

Kagebunji

I was tryin three times to do Illua sprite, every attempt looked either blooby, pixelated, or in wrong colors. Let me warn you, it is a hard sprite to do. I haven't worked on portrait since I abandoned it. Feel free to work on it. I can help you with this Illua if you need help.

@Jimmy, yep the trim was intentional, does it look bad? Hat was kinda a problem, the sprite is too big. And for walking animations, he will be floatin, in FFIX he never walked on legs(only BW3 does).

Also  I finished Guardian, with palettes(hurrray), ggotta submit him now

jimmyjw88

It doesn't look bad. Hmm...maybe brighter green? Also, add few pixels of dark shades beneath his waist.

I may give it a try on Illua if I have time -.-
Haha.

Kagebunji

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"I may give it a try on Illua if I have time -.-
I would love to see it. but like you said, you have not much time lately ;/

I can make it brighter, but then the hat might look strange, since the trim and hat are sharing all the colors.

Kagebunji

Here is slight update on BW2. I tried to do floating animations, it looked really bad, I will stick with normal walking ones.

Kyousukeee

I don't know but . . . shouldn't the hat be a little wider or taller ?
Since the character is tall it's giving me the impression that the hat is small

Kagebunji

Haha, give me more place on sheet and it will be bigger :P