I loved his skillset and how supportive it was, as I said above I felt it fit his character very well. I had Encourage, Heal, Cheer Up, Yell, and Wish in the final battle.
- Encourage saw a ton of use, especially early on when MP and MP Restoration was not in abundance. But I still used it in the final battle a few times, mostly to fuel Dante the Death Machine.
- Heal I don't think I ever really used. I picked it up when I saw how many monsters could apply statuses with attacks at a 100% rate, but yeah, just never used it. It might have seen more use if it had range? I dunno, in the end statuses weren't as big of a problem as I expected.
- Cheer Up I only used a few times, since I had Ramza as a Priest the group Regen was so much better, it definitely dwarfs this ability.
- Yell was fun as always but with Speed at 6 for most party members it didn't last too long. Still, some good use out of it on Cloud and Dante primarily to increase their DPS/Immobilize options.
- Wish is amazing to me who hoards items [especially in this game with their price], I used it a buttload of times and it was fantastic. Instant, Ranged, 100% hit, pretty fantastic!
- Sturdy also never left him once I grabbed it, great ability on a support character to increase his survivability!
I also had him delve into Priest and he had Cure, Regen, Protect and Shell for the final battle. Once he got some Priest abilities, especially Regen, he was so helpful! The large AOE on the status abilities and the fast cast time was fantastic. Regen was the MVP I'd say, what a great ability now that it also adds MP! Having him as a Priest was instrumental to victory.
Cloud's Limit skills were massively useful. I had Braver, Cross-Slash, Blade Beam, and Meteorain in the end. Having no MP cost made the skills amazing, and the fast cast time meant I could usually nail enemies with them without fail.
- Braver was a great damaging skill, when I wanted to make enemies hurt that was the go to.
- Cross Slash was the MVP for sure. Against the big bosses, this couldn't be beat. Stopping them in their tracks at a 100% success rate [if it hits...] was key to beating the toughest battles, for sure. It made the big bads much more predictable as well. Cross Slash = 10/10.
- Blade Beam was situationally great. It synergized really well with his Knight side job and Invigorate! As soon as he would pop back up he could rain some death down on enemies.
- Meteorain unfortunately never really helped me out. I loved the massive AOE but the damage was too low and often I couldn't avoid hitting some allies. I don't think I used it in any tough battles, maybe at all. It was usually better just to wait and save some CT to get closer or to use a Knight skill.
As I said Cloud was a Knight for me as a secondary. He ended up with all abilities EXCEPT Break Helmet/Armor. In the end though, I really only used Invigorate. But boy did I use it! What an ability. I feel it might almost be broken as using it on yourself pretty much heals the entire cost for a free reraise. Even on allies its range and instant cast and 100% success rate was just wonderful. I was using this ability all the time when Cloud wasn't using Braver or Cross Slash. Since he pops back up on Death and its basically free you can chain reraise for quite a while too to try and delay the enemy. Invirogate is top notch.
Okay, I'm running out of typing endurance and I'm still stressed about my job interview tomorrow, so I'll just post a link to the other party members post final battle and maybe I'll come back and post thoughts on them soon!
Link - http://i.imgur.com/aEnBrqc.png
Snake - http://i.imgur.com/GrLppSj.png
Dante - http://i.imgur.com/V48tqKA.png
Agrias - http://i.imgur.com/K8HqUoS.png
Kweh?! - http://i.imgur.com/jBGlVHb.png