• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:50:08 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Ethaniel's uniques

Started by Ethaniel Ever Fell, March 24, 2012, 03:21:08 am

Ethaniel Ever Fell

After much frustration, experience, palette issues and program comprehension attainment, I managed to get around to posting something credible.

This first-ever sprite attempt is a custom character plan, for a white mage/summoner/dancer multi character. For character's sake she's Heather.

Due to colour issues and needing to piece things together perfectly, I redid an old avatar with the same end goal in mind.

Have not touched the legs, and not sure I will.. would be trippy to robe them up as planned, as inexperienced as I am. Also did not add the side-ponytail desired, and not sure I will, for the same reason. I 'unno.

Have way more than just this done of the entire sprite (I would say ~60/70% done), but am posting the basic for sightseeing/comment. [=
"Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." -Vanille

Eternal

Nice start. If you ever want feedback on your sprites, usually Lijj or another spriter is on IRC. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ethaniel Ever Fell

"Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." -Vanille

Taichii

*whistles*
she's sexy man XD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

formerdeathcorps

Like I told you over IRC, Ethan, there's some problems here.

1) The hood is the same color as the hair, making it look like the hood is just part of her head.
2) The hood looks too much like one color and needs better shading.

Otherwise, it's good to see you here; this looks like a good idea for a sprite.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Celdia

Very cute starting work. I would definitely like to see those small details you dropped applied at a later time. As I think I mentioned before, just some tiny changes - a pixel here and there - go a long way to making what started as a frankensprite into something truly unique. Looking forward to the first full sheet. ^_^
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Durbs

Quote from: Celdia on March 21, 2012, 02:03:05 pm
'Heather, Summoner' and 'Reiver, Blue Mage' both seem like they have nice potential as a paired set. Especially paired, actually. I have need for a new generic mage sprite with an update I'm working on. If those were made into full spritesheets, I'd use them.

Will you be doing the full sheet of the pair, too? Both are very awesome.

Kagebunji

Please post 1x size and 3x size when making previews, makes it easier to crit and see eventual mistakes which cannot be seen on 1x.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Ethaniel Ever Fell

Sixe, she has no visible hair. Where do you sense hair? Do I need better shirt separation  somewhere maybe? As for the hood, heh, Doing my best. Tempted to just pilfer Gaf's but that's not exciting.

@Celdia: Oh yeah, I really want the side ponytail especially. I threw it into Shishi for animations though and it looked.. off. However, that may have been an arm problem. I discovered one of the recolourings edited blue pixels onto the arms. That.. could've been the issue..

@Durbs: I might as another project later! The blue guy shouldn't be that difficult to make, I don't think. He sure seems to be a popular piece.

@Kage: Ah, indeed! Will do. And... done. (:

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Bewbs.

Ignore this comment if you wish, but how about some Ramza buttpants on that too?

Ethaniel Ever Fell

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on March 24, 2012, 05:08:09 pm
Bewbs.

Ignore this comment if you wish, but how about some Ramza buttpants on that too?

Oh em gee. lawls. Silly straight bois.

I personally believe Ramza has the worst sprites in the history of FFT. And they had three shots at him, nonetheless!

Jon

I actually don't see any hair, to me it looks like a Jedi hood that covers the upper head. Who's hood are you using? Rofel? Orlandu? I also suggest like the others give either the hood or the hair a different color.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

3lric

Looks kinda like the hood of the Lucavi Followers to me.

Nice job so far on this  :mrgreen:

Taichii

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on March 24, 2012, 05:08:09 pm
Bewbs.

anyway on that mid frame.. the yellow thingy.. is that a piece of hair? O.O or is it part of the hood? :D
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Ethaniel Ever Fell

March 25, 2012, 04:23:04 pm #14 Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:30:35 pm by Ethaniel Ever Fell
I've been running it through animations and playing it in game and I don't see anything that looks that terrible, at least. It's pretty damn workable so far at least. I'm sure there's problems somewhere and whilst some may find the hood weird I think it looks spiffy enough, however imperfect.

Viola~
Also I should mention the white colour is different than above. When adjusting it to 16 colours it messed with the white to a ... blue grey, which isn't the intention. Thus this complete file is fixed.

EDIT: tossed in old portrait for placeholding. It'll have a fresh portrait sometime once I feel up to making it. My old one is very, very newbish...

Jon

Note for later then:

In Graphics Gale you have to first reduce the colors down to 16 of the sprite sheet, which they probably are already. If not colors will meld together but usually this isn't a problem anyway. You must also reduce the colors down to 16 for the portrait. Save the portrait's palette, insert the palette on the 9th row of palettes on the sprite sheet, then import the portrait right over the gray box. I doubt you'll need help with this, but just ask when the time comes if you do ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Ethaniel Ever Fell

Ohhhhhh, do it separately-filed.... oh wow. I feel particularly dull-headed, that is so obvious. It's probably from working on the sprite so ferociously.

Thank you much, Jon. <3

Celdia

Also when you get down to reducing the palettes to 16 colors, reference this about palette order on the portrait: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8480.0
Otherwise your spritesheet will have fucked up portraits in the game at various points.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Ethaniel Ever Fell

Indeed, I saw that. I made sure not to make that mistake. At least, I think. It's possible I put the wrong beige as the first colour. XD