• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 07:53:41 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Has anyone figured out how to take leviathan out of his spell animation ?

Started by Tony75, March 21, 2012, 11:07:52 am

Tony75

• Modding version: WotL

3lric

Several people know how to edit the Spell animations, there is also several threads regarding this (tho they may be older)
I know Taichii has edited some spell animations recently.
  • Modding version: PSX

Taichii

1st...
download tim utility (a program w/c converts bmp files and other stuff into TIM)
download graphics gale or photoshop.. (i use both)
download winhex..

then.. download the bmp file of leviathan on the effect file at the main page of the forums :D
open it in photoshop/graphics gale... remove the leviathan and FILL IT WITH BLACK.
after that.. open up tim tility... open your leviathan-less file... then smile like a boss...
after that.. click the box with black to transluscent and black to transparent..
then convert it into tim file ..

after that... open cdprog/ cd mage...
extract the effect file from your iso.... example (e666.bin)
after that...
lay down on the floor then roll three times....
open WINHEX....
open your converted TIM file and the bin file you just extracted...

then go to your tim file...
go into offset 0x220 and click it ... slowly... then scroll down until the end of the file. then hold shift while you click on the very end...
check the length then copy it... (the length can be seen at the bottom of the page)

then go to the bin file...
go to the very end... click and hold it... then scroll up while holding the left mouse button pressed...
after that... wipe off your sweat...
keep scrolling up until you've matched the length of the one that you copied..

example.. at the tim file.. if offset 0x200 till the end of the file is 10,000 then from the end of the bin file... count from 1 to 10000 while scrolling up with the left click pressed...

once you've done that... click on the offset that you reached and selected from the bottom... then right click and paste WRITE....

after that.. save (if it says that it will expand the size your iso.. don't save.... repeat the process until you get it right. maybe you over selected a bite... )

anyway. once that is done... open cd mage/cd prog ... jump on your seat... export the effect back.... etst it out in the game.. and if it works... yell taichii you're handsome.. if it doesn't then yell out taichii you're pretty..

or you could ask me questions if you dont understand it XD i will guide you bit by bit... when i get a free time (since im working now LOL)

EDIT: but i think boss Celdia.. dino, mando already made that leviathan-less effect..
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Tony75

oh wow I can't do it in the patcher huh . also I want to keep the summon spell for summoner but I was going to make ice 4 into this water spell

Taichii

LOL then edit the ice 4 into water 4 XD
do it in photoshop then graphics gale :D
change the ice into water.. then the shards into splashes :p

"Desperation"

Celdia

Dinosaur has in fact made 'clean' versions of all the summon animations. You can find them here.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7032.60#msg146555

As for replacing another animation and keeping the original Leviathan, that should be completely possible. There are a few effects that don't like to be replaced [namely Raise, Raise 2 and Reraise that I've run into so far] but as long as the file you're replacing is of a similar size to the one you're replacing it WITH, then there shouldn't be any problem.

I think Taichii covered this above but I'll repeat with some details the part you'll want to do to replace Ice 4 with a clean Leviathan. Know first that the file sizes have a fairly wide disparity so you may lose a little bit of the animation.

1. Go to the above link and download the Levianthan-less effect file, E073.7z [and then extract the E073.BIN file from inside that.]
2. Open your backed up ISO with CDMage and open the EFFECT folder.
3. To replace Ice 4 you'll want to select E027.BIN [here's a handy list of what is what: http://ffhacktics.com/effects.php?effectsperpage=30&show=all ], right click it and select Import File. Select your downloaded E073.BIN file here.
4. It will pop up a window saying "Import file is longer than file in the image. Import file will be truncated. Continue?" Select Yes. For clarification, what it is going to do is cut off the excess data at the end of the Leviathan-less effect file to make it fit into the ISO where Ice 4 was. The end of that file is all graphical data - the pieces of the picture it uses to actually display the effects on screen. If it has to cut off too much that is takes out more than just empty, black space on the effect image, its very likely you're going to notice some odd details in the image effect. If you do, then we can work on this from there. If you like how it looks with the new effect file just imported and truncated...well, then you're done here. If it crashes the game when you go to cast your new Water spell, let me know and we can try something else.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Tony75

Thanks for all the help guys one more question Is there a list of spells I could do this to Ice 4 was just the first thing I thought of for the question . I notice alot of unknown and dead abilitys could I use one of them for the new spell or flare 2 ? I know I am not using Flare 2 for anything Also will this work on psp

Celdia

You can TRY it with any comparably sized effect files. There's no list because I don't think anyone but me has ever tried doing this and even then I haven't wholly replaced many effects. When you open your ISO in CDMage, look at the Size column for the files in the EFFECT folder. Anything that is nearly the same filesize [I'm talking with about 1,000 bytes or less] as another effect should be replaceable with that effect. Nothing else to add to that since I haven't really explored a lot of it. We're still at a trial and error stage of testing those.

As for working on PSP, I have no clue. I've never modified anything for the PSP version.

Tony75

Taichii

"Desperation"

Tony75

I'm going to need it I can't get it to work on psx lol I am using Salamander for the test subject and the game freezes right after the green orbs go around I thought forsure it was close to levia's file size . when it asks me to use zeros (I keep getting the message that the file i am importing is smaller than the one already there do I say no instead ? Also how can I make Maliacks water spell act like a fire blk mage spell . when I change the effect of fire the graphic comes up but only hits 1 target

Celdia

When its asking if you want to add 00's to the end of the file for it being too small, always say Yes there, too. You need the file you're importing to take up exactly the same space as the one you're replacing. Adding 00's never hurts since its just empty data. It won't affect how the final product looks.

Tony75

I can't seem to get it to work on salamander either are there any confirmed skills I can stick this to ? List any Thanks in advance

Celdia

Sorry, Tony. I keep terrible notes so I'm not even sure which ones I've replaced in my projects. Your best bet is to just try it on different effects you don't plan on using until you get one that sticks.

Of course, try it on the original at some point to make sure your new effect works at all. If the problem is what you're importing and not where you're putting it then it won't matter how many effects you attempt to replace.

Tony75

Yeah so far It has worked on Levia's space lol I did get wataga to work on grav 2 thanks to whoever made that one . I have another question I am only going to mod psx version because I cant mod the text in the psp it fails all the time how can you made a weapon armor etc male only or female only . Who made the Levia less water spell maybe he she can tell . One more thing I am sure I saw a link to a Midgar Swarm with out the snake can you post the link I have been all over this site today .

Taichii

salamander doesnt work? O.O
maybe it's because you messed up with the file that you replaced before..

"Desperation"

Tony75

I don't know why but it will only work on Levia's file Also do I need graphics gale and photoshop ? to try on my own I was going to do midgar swarm I can't find that one already done

Taichii

if you're trying to remove the midgarswarm mon. image out of the ability and turn it into a water type attack..
download midgarswarm effect from the main forum.
ope in graphics gale
black out the image og the monster with filled rectangle with the color black.
then go to all frames -> color adjustments
turn green into blue. after that.. repeat the procedure
convert it to tim.
open winhex editor
open mdgrswrm.tim and mdgrswrm.bin (mdgrswrm.bin,not its real name, is extracted from the fft iso)
go to offset 220 on .tim file. copy from offset 220 till the end of the file.
right click then copy.. (pay attention to the length)
go to the end of the file .bin file.
from there, highlight the offset from the end of the file upwards till you exact length you copied in the .TIM file
when the correct offset at the .BIN file is found with the length considered,
rightclick and then paste write. save then import the .bin file back to the ISO.
then yell taichii is handsome

"Desperation"

Celdia

Rfh

Awesome Taichii, you are a real expert editing  graphic  effects. Would you know make the graphic effects of the events show the damage?
  • Discord username: rfh