• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 07:44:55 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

SentinalBlade

July 30, 2009, 09:04:57 am #240 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I believe in most maps its 12 or 16. some maps seem to handle more than 12(very few of them). Garland magic city(the first map of chapter 1) seems to have a sprite limit of 11 at times. Though this was a VERY long time ago and i am probably miss-confabulating.

There is a limit though, and as far as limits go, its a very fickle and restrictive one

Zozma

September 26, 2009, 07:11:26 am #241 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
zodiac, according to my tester, the removal of the random damage from axes and flails did not work....
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Atma

i know it's been a while since the last post, but in regards to the ideas about the Transparent status effects, were any of them figured out?  I know the 2 in FFTorgASM that allows the AI to attack Transparent units and that Transparent units lose their 100% bonus, but what about the ideas of being immune to physical attacks, but susceptible to magics and skills?  (aka FF6 :))

were these deemed too difficult/not possible?  or not enough interest?
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

formerdeathcorps

To do that, you need to write custom code.  It's not impossible, but Zodiac's just a little too busy to write ASM right now.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Xifanie

I never said I'd do it. That idea is completely not worth it.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Atma

no worries.  it would be sweet, but i can live without it.  i know u have other stuff to do and i can only imagine a small handful of people would actually want this.
out of curiosity, how hard is it to modify R/S/M abilities?  i figure some would be simpler than others.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Zozma"this might be a wierd one... but is there a way to make "Invite" status also force the unit to be ai controlled, maybe perma charmed or whatever? without destroying the status charm. i donno if anyone would want that, but then enemies would be able to invite your characters lol..

OK, I have a fix for this, though you should be warned that invite only works if the enemy casts invite on you.  It is a status effect, like charm, that is dependent on the caster as well as the target.  Since I don't know where/how Zodiac assigned free space, this will override Razele's wall = 1% damage hack (which I'm not using in my patch).  Zodiac, if you'd like, you can fix the jump statements to the free space remaining.

BATTLE.BIN

0x1271E4
164E0508
0x127220
214E0508

0xEC858
7A380608
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Zozma

sweet thanks!

instead of some retarded instant crystalize spell to increase difficulty, this could be used to turn your own units against you permenantly.

but will the ai want to use it? i hope so...

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Zozma"sweet thanks!

instead of some retarded instant crystalize spell to increase difficulty, this could be used to turn your own units against you permenantly.

In beta versions of 1.3, Altima had a move that would invite your party members against you. Altima did use the move, but the problem was that the player would still control it.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

i dont use that wall hack either, as i use "wall" status for "X-Zone" status in combination with invisible and dead status. dead units that cannot be revived but still have a working death counter

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "LastingDawn"
Quote from: "Zozma"sweet thanks!

In beta versions of 1.3, Altima had a move that would invite your party members against you. Altima did use the move, but the problem was that the player would still control it.

That's what this hack fixes.  The AI will definitely use it because it is flagged as KO status against the player.  And yes, if the AI uses it on your units, you do lose the unit permanently, so it has all the aftereffects of auto-crystal.  In fact, it could make Altima harder because she is now receiving active help (rather than a crystal she may not even be able to claim before you do).  In short, if auto-crystal is retarded, this probably is worse, though it's certainly more thematic on Ajora.

Zozma

I like the idea of her, and other bosses being able to turn your most powerful units into weapons against you.

SilvasRuin

I'm having Gates of Hell flashbacks.  Aaaah!

Can there be some way to counter that if you do it, please?  At least with the Gates of Hell from Last Remnant, they only turned against you if they got killed.  I'm aware that can't be done without some fancy event hacking (probably), but at least make some sort of equipment piece resist it or something.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"I'm having Gates of Hell flashbacks.  Aaaah!

Can there be some way to counter that if you do it, please?  At least with the Gates of Hell from Last Remnant, they only turned against you if they got killed.  I'm aware that can't be done without some fancy event hacking (probably), but at least make some sort of equipment piece resist it or something.

I'm not sure this works, but all you need is a move that lets you dispel invite (which should then let you cast invite on what were your own men, but they'd be guests for the rest of the battle).

Xifanie

Added:
- Set the default option of the title screen from "New Game" to "Continue".
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Zozma

Quote from: "Zodiac"Added:

nice! that was so annoying

Cheetah

Quote from: "Zodiac"Added:

Woot! That is going into FFT:C, I was actually starting to look into that as well.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

It was a request from R999, barely took me 10-15mins

Xifanie

Added:
- Disable game music

This one is in beta test. My first version of the hack was not released as it was extremely buggy (S3 Tourney Hack). If anyone could play a bit with this hack activated to confirm its safety it would be cool.

Xifanie

Ability Requirement Hack
BETA TEST
http://zodiac.ffhacktics.com/ARH.7z

Instructions are inside. This is my biggest hack to date and it is NOT guaranteed to work flawlessly, please test with status like confusion, charm, etc.

EDIT:
EXTRA THING TO EDIT FOR THE ABILITY REQUIREMENT HACK

SCUS_942.21
0x0004CE6C:

This will remove the Sword/K.Sword bug which allows using all forbidden abilities when either item type is equipped.