• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

Cyril

April 28, 2009, 01:10:20 am #220 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cyril
Haha, thanks Zodiac! Too tired to test it now but I'll take your word for it. Figured it was something like that.

Zozma

June 30, 2009, 05:04:14 pm #221 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i mentioned this in another topic (where it didn't belong) but i thought id ask for hit here.

something has become a big problem for my patch, and that is getting skills from crystals. Due to all the random human  enemies having lvl8 in every job, i REALLY dont want any crystal farming going on. Is there any way you can make an ASM that either:

A) Forces all units to auto accept hp/mp restoration from crystals
(this would also make "auto battle" more "auto")

B) Allows a smaller maximum number of available skills to absorb from the crystal, say 5 instead of like 20.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Archael

June 30, 2009, 06:13:39 pm #222 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Zozma"i mentioned this in another topic (where it didn't belong) but i thought id ask for hit here.

something has become a big problem for my patch, and that is getting skills from crystals. Due to all the random human  enemies having lvl8 in every job, i REALLY dont want any crystal farming going on. Is there any way you can make an ASM that either:

A) Forces all units to auto accept hp/mp restoration from crystals
(this would also make "auto battle" more "auto")

B) Allows a smaller maximum number of available skills to absorb from the crystal, say 5 instead of like 20.

make pre-mastered skillsets for enemies

make all chance to learn %'s zero

Zozma

June 30, 2009, 07:15:12 pm #223 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
why would i do that when im talking about random encounter humans, there are so many of them and why would i want them to always have a fixed set? and then have to have them have fixed r/s/m skills set as well. that would take away from gameplay if you always know what you're going to run into on a "random" encounter now wouldnt it?

no that's not what im looking for Voldemort. besides, almost all of the blank skill slots are being used to force some units to have some specific skills learned for event fights

and for your second non helpful idea..
thats not possible either, with everything 0% chance to learn what the hell are enemies going to have when you deal with them?

Im certainly not new here and if i were happy with either of those solutions i'd have used them long ago. thats why this is section is here. for ASM hacks.

Archael

June 30, 2009, 07:42:25 pm #224 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Zozma"why would i do that when im talking about random encounter humans, there are so many of them and why would i want them to always have a fixed set? and then have to have them have fixed r/s/m skills set as well. that would take away from gameplay if you always know what you're going to run into on a "random" encounter now wouldnt it?

not at all

just do it like square does it

use all 16 slots

pre-set the r/s/m skills and the mastered primary / secondary skillsets

enable randomly present flags for all, except 1 enemy

bye bye predictability, bye bye crystal farming

Quoteand for your second non helpful idea..
 with everything 0% chance to learn what the hell are enemies going to have when you deal with them?

what are they going to have? well... skills and set r/s/m, like explained above

QuoteIm certainly not new here and if i were happy with either of those solutions i'd have used them long ago. thats why this is section is here. for ASM hacks.

I don't recall saying you were new here

I'm just explaining that there are ways around simple problems like these that do not require ASM hacks

Zozma

June 30, 2009, 08:15:23 pm #225 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well consider this, i do not have any free spaces to give randoms these fake skillsets. they have all been used up. thats why i need it to be the way requested.

the same with auto accepting the hp/mp restoration, plus its currently the only thing besides spell quotes that stops auto battles.

LastingDawn

June 30, 2009, 09:24:31 pm #226 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
You could just... get rid of crystals altogether, have every class drop only a Treasure Chest.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Xifanie

July 01, 2009, 12:55:24 am #227 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
This might be not to hard actually, the game has to check if the unit is controlled by the CPU or the player (don't know which one it is) and all we (or I) would have to do would be to force the check to the desired value.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xifanie

July 01, 2009, 01:40:47 am #228 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
BATTLE.BIN
0x0000AFC8
FCC70108
Forces any unit to automatically recover HP/MP when it steps on a crystal.

Did you want something more complex than this? like that it works in auto battle only. And I think the number of abilities you can learn from a crystal is something like 64 or 128.

For spell quotes there is my fix. And for treasure chests you'll have to make the boxes automatically close themselves... whoever Tactext can't support that function yet but I talked to melonhead about it yesterday.

By the way I don't take requests. I prefer by far teaching you how to do it than actually have you rely on me for asm hacks.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Zozma

July 01, 2009, 11:55:29 pm #229 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
thank you for doing it even tho it was indeed a request!

btw the fix for the spell quotes is difficult to work with in the fftact text. you should take a look at it sometime, it looks like all of the quote text is crammed into one slot with the space instructions and all, and every other slot shows as no text at all.

also a very long time ago i saw what seemed like a bug with that, it was either midgar swarm or poison frog's quote ran over into the next quote and executed very slowly. (that might have been fixed long ago, im not sure)

but anyway im not asking for anything more (i can disable spell quotes for that auto battle purpose) , but am telling you what ive experienced.

Vanya

July 02, 2009, 09:58:40 am #230 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
In that case I have an idea for something you could teach us that everyone would use. How about a workshop on how to make simple changes to formulas. I bet making that common knowledge would keep a lot of ppl out of your hair.
¯\(°_0)/¯

The Damned

July 07, 2009, 02:38:59 pm #231 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Hello again.

Since I've been gone for several months and didn't manage to find or see if someone had ever asked this yet, do you know if it's possible to change Reflect so that the reflected technique actually goes back at the caster instead of doubling the distance, Zodiac? (Or anyone, really.)

That seems more in keeping with, well, pretty much every other instance of Reflect in FFT game, though it could perhaps get abusive if you couldn't work out the likely kinks of reflecting only the part of the spell that hits the person/entity with the Reflect status and not the entirety of the thing back the caster.

It might be too complex to do that later aspect, actually, but I must confess that in the months I've been gone, I haven't learned anything additional about ASM hacking, so....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Skip Sandwich

July 24, 2009, 01:21:03 pm #232 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I just had a thought about the Malboro Spore ability, wouldn't it be awesome if we could change what that ability changed another unit into, such as turning humans into the undead monster classes?
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Zozma

July 24, 2009, 06:33:24 pm #233 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Id like the idea of turning the unit into an undead, sealed class

(they will still have all their secondary  and rsm skills and items equipped but they can no longer change jobs)

its pretty much a matter of changing probably only one byte right? from malboro to something else

Xifanie

July 25, 2009, 01:38:36 am #234 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
not possible.

Or at least I don't want to.

Back then I tried to create a "Tentacle Rod" and that was the first time I encountered the spritesheet limit. Instead of turning into a malboro, the sprite went all glitchy because there was no malboro spritesheet loaded since there wasn't a malboro supposed to be in the battle to start with.

You have to make sure the target acquires the spritesheet of the host, else forget it.

Skip Sandwich

July 25, 2009, 05:02:58 am #235 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I know about the sprite limit issue, i'm saying change it so that say, skeletons can change other living creatures into skeletons as well, or somesuch.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."

Cheetah

July 26, 2009, 12:37:37 am #236 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Slightly off topic. But what about enemies who could divide or multiply. Like Flans traditionally do.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

July 26, 2009, 12:37:50 am #237 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Slightly off topic. But what about enemies who could divide or multiply. Like Flans traditionally do.
Current Projects:

Skip Sandwich

July 30, 2009, 01:41:53 am #238 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
would probably only be possible as a special encounter, since there is still a total sprite number limit to work with
"Dave?  Are you there?"

Vanya

July 30, 2009, 08:39:14 am #239 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
The sprite limit is on how many different sprites are in a battle, not how many units. So that limit shouldn't be a problem as long as at least 1 flan/whatever is loaded into memory.
My question is How many individual units can the game keep track of in one battle. That is the limit that would impact this the most.
¯\(°_0)/¯