• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

Timbo

As far as I can tell, this hack doesn't seem to do anything. I tried adjusting the sprite set and the name and I've toggled every combination of save formation, join formation, and join after event.

It is entirely possible that I am just stupid though. *Shrugs* Regardless of the outcome, thank you for taking the time to dig this up for me.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Xifanie

See, it's hilarious because the hack was 4 bytes off.

<Location file="SCUS_942_21" offset="4A3D4">
      </Location>

I made it cleaner. Of course that still won't help you removing generic guests.
Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xifanie

April 07, 2020, 08:39:00 pm #462 Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:33:46 am by Xifanie
Permadeath Terminator
Eliminates the 'Death Counter' permanent death for the player's units (team  0).
It does NOT affect abilities that inflict crystal/treasure.
Once player units reach a death counter of 0 with 100 CT, instead of crystallizing or turning into a treasure, they will gain the 'stars' death counter (like vanilla guests), the '??? Stats' flag and permanent dead, making them impossible to revive.
Before this, the units are revivable for 3 turns, just as usual.

Download Here
Permadeath Terminator.xlsm

Ready to Go XMLs
Permadeath Terminator - Ramza can decay.xml
Base settings, Ramza can decay, thus being able to trigger a Game Over.

Permadeath Terminator - Ramza cannot decay.xml
Base settings, Ramza cannot decay.
Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Heisho

Jesus Christ you are a mind reader!!
I was thinking about a way to make this yesterday!
In any case, this will allow to keep the unit after battle and does not use additional statuses right?
Sorry if it is a silly question its 2AM here
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Xifanie

Sorry @RetroTypes, @Heisho

Small bug that had to be fixed, and I updated the spreadsheet software too.

I also created ready-to-go xmls for those that don't want/need the Excel-level configuration.

Quote from: Heisho on April 08, 2020, 02:48:56 amJesus Christ you are a mind reader!!
I was thinking about a way to make this yesterday!
In any case, this will allow to keep the unit after battle and does not use additional statuses right?
Sorry if it is a silly question its 2AM here
Haha, you're welcome~

No, it doesn't use any status other than dead, not even the immortal flag. Turns out a death counter of 0xFF will show stars, so I just prevented the death counter from decreasing if 0xFF. Otherwise I use the ??? stats flag as a visual cue to tell the player the unit can't be interacted with anymore and is not revivable like a guest would be.

And my wife and awake during the night because she works night shift, so no worries there 😛

Heisho

Quote from: Xifanie on April 08, 2020, 03:35:32 amNo, it doesn't use any status other than dead, not even the immortal flag. Turns out a death counter of 0xFF will show stars, so I just prevented the death counter from decreasing if 0xFF. Otherwise I use the ??? stats flag as a visual cue to tell the player the unit can't be interacted with anymore and is not revivable like a guest would be.

Quite impressive indeed. I would never thought about the death counter.
Couple of questions:
The unit will still be alive after the battle ends?
Will this still counts towards the Kill count on the Brave History?
Thanks in advance

Xifanie

Quote from: Heisho on April 08, 2020, 03:41:35 pmThe unit will still be alive after the battle ends?
Yes, the unit will still be in your roster available for the next fight right away. I was trying to avoid any ambiguity but it looks like I failed. Can you think of a way to reword the description to make it crystal clear?

Quote from: Heisho on April 08, 2020, 03:41:35 pmWill this still counts towards the Kill count on the Brave History?
No

Heisho

Quote from: Xifanie on April 08, 2020, 05:33:22 pmYes, the unit will still be in your roster available for the next fight right away. I was trying to avoid any ambiguity but it looks like I failed. Can you think of a way to reword the description to make it crystal clear?

Just add:
Units won't be lost permantly as with crystal or treasure, also the Kill counter on Brave Story screen will not increase.

My two cents.