• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 08:04:15 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

I say leave the boots black and replace the grays with something nicer...The cape looks good, but would a ninja wear it anyways?

Kagebunji

I cannot replace it, too many problems will occur, besides ninja are stealth warriors, so dark colors fits 'em. Well some shinobis wear a cape, hovewer divided into 2

mav

I'm fine with the thought of dark colors, I just hope that you can pull off multiple palettes with this design. I mean, you could have had like 5 palettes that all had varying color combos. It's fine though, Kage; I'm not trying to force you to lower the quality of the sprite for my whimsies.

Smash

Ehh.. Red? Aw hell no.

It doesn't look generic anymore, more like a protagonist.

Red shoes make it worse.. I just hope this isn't the main pallete.

Jon

I like the red hair (maybe it can be used as a special character, a ninja with Throw and Ninjutsu magic or something??) but yeah red shoes? Make the shoes the same color as the arm bands. Overall it looks good, but I think ninjas wear a sort of scarf thing, not capes...I think you could (maybe) easily change the cape into 2 long scarf strands. Up to you though ;) keep it up!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Yeah, I thought about doing two scarfs from one, but it kinda kills the purpose of covering the back right? I would stilll need something new for her back, and scarf would only add teoubles with correct placing.

So what about hair? Another blonde? I will make her brown haired, and I won't change it to blonde, cause there are too many blondes.

Jon

No keep the red hair! Who cares if it is a bizarre looking generic? Who cares about the generics to begin with? *sigh* I think the scarf problem is not so hard to fix, it is the back that would appear under the scarf ends that would be hard to pixel in...good luck with however you decide to make this, keep it up!

Kagebunji

Hmmm, maybe I will do her protagonist then? I just dunno :/

And here is brown hair and 2 new frames:

jimmyjw88

Brown...Hmm...Looks okay but somehow, its kinda weird. Hmm....
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Jon

*sniff* Waaaah change it back to red!!

I like what you did to them shoes though...:D

Smash

Epic brown! Fits with the dark stealthy mood.

The highlight on it seems too bright, as well as the visible skintone in the face. Needs darkening.

mav

I agree that the highlight is too bright. Can ya remove the headband though?

Kagebunji

No way, the headband wiill remain :D As for hair, it's straight from Izlude, so it's strange that it is too bright, but I will darken it a bit.

jimmyjw88

Here's Garnet Mug WIP.
Crits? ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

I PM'ed you earlier about her, now let's just wait for someone who knows something about porraits :) Btw, could you make her more sad? I think it fits her more.

Jon

Bleh! Make it red! Raaaaaaahhhhhhd! Oh the humanity!! The Garnet portrait looks good for a sketch actually. Is she gonna have long or short hair?

jimmyjw88

Well, I kinda like her long hair ^^
And she's gonna have long hair, just like the sprite.

Kagebunji

mav

Don't give her a frown though--a straight line should suffice. Her left cheek and eye look a little strange: the cheek is too round/curved and eye is a pixel too low. The neck is too long and its shading needs work; use the female Monk as a reference image. The hair looks messy, but not bad. Overall, pretty good work.