• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 13, 2024, 01:07:25 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Jon

Frown means sorta what your portrait has, right Mav? Yeah, and I agree, long hair is good and her cheeks make her look like a chipmunk.

Brown hair Kage? A ninja? Well fine. But it doesn't mean I havta like it (kidding). The ninja concept is nice though, so please complete it, because then I can steal the sprite sheet and change her hair back to red haha ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

mav

Yeah, my portrait has a frown (though he looks angry, rather than sad). Jimmy, you may also want to raise the mouth a pixel and move it over to our right a bit. Then raise her left eye and remove the curve from the cheek--all that should take care of what I mentioned earlier.

Kagebunji

Ninja can have a brown hair, look at Disgaea 2 female ninja (damn that's really seductive), she has only variatons of black and brown hair. Besides, it is even possible for ninja to have white hair(look at pic I posted earlier), so brown does not sound strange :D I'm no good at crits on portaits.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

I didn't know Jimmy was a portraiter, interesting...btw, ha, didn't notice before, but yeah, with the (almost) same eyebrows, your portrait looks mad, mine looks eager for evil or something (blowing up people with a cannon) (no, I am not a psycho...dont worry)

edit: yes please post it!

Kagebunji

January 02, 2010, 02:57:23 pm #944 Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:09:26 pm by Kagebunji
Okay, I will post it after my brother goes away, it will take around 15 minutes

edit: Don't pay attention to hair and boots, look only at cape. Btw I really don't like this.

Jon

Cool. If it is so bad, someone might fix it, you never know...

Kagebunji

You know, fixing one frame leads to nowhere, there is quite a bunch of those frames :/

Jon

Fix one and copy paste it and then change only minor details. I agree, this does look a bit strange...however, the 3 pixels under the right part of the cape appear to my eyes correct. I just dont like the cape, just my opinion though...

Kagebunji

I am a spriter for some time, and believe me, copy pasting this cape and changing it to fit other frames is tough as hell, for example, try to copy paste this cape into some damage-dealing frame, this wil be a tragedy. I will just screw the cape, I really don't like it as I said, I must think of something different.

jimmyjw88

January 03, 2010, 12:16:24 am #949 Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:34:43 am by jimmyjw88
@mav: Alright. Thanks ^^

Also, for the sprite, do you think scarf would be good? Like you wore during winter.

EDIT: Garnet Mug WIP1
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

I really like tha hair, looks the same as original, I'm not sure about shading and etc cause I'm no portraiter, but to me it looks great :P

As for sprite, I once told I wanted to give her scarf, but I can't remmber if any existing sprite has it.

Jon

You caught the sad part very nicely! Her mouth looks a little strange, maybe get rid of the second pixel from the left of her mouth? Overall good job Jim!

mav

Oi, she looks way too sad. Just have the mouth be a straight line; trust me, it'll look better than the frown. Also, her shoulders seem too low and her neck looks like it's not connected correctly (fixing the neck will likely fix the shoulders; just extend the neck one pixel to our right). And the shading on the skin is pretty erratic. On the plus side, the face shape looks great now.

Kagebunji

Small question about portrait, she won't have clothes, or you just didn't get there yet?

mav

On the chance that you can't squeeze in shades for her clothes, adjust the hair to cover the shoulders.

Jon

Hmmm, you could leave her exposed shoulders like they are...call it 'Zidane got to me Garnet' haha!

jimmyjw88

@mav: Alright, Thanks ^^

@Kage: I haven't get there yet. Once I done with hair and neck shading, I'll move on the clothes.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Ok Jimmy, looking forward to ypur update ^^

You said your skills aren't good, but IMO they are very good ;)

Smash

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"EDIT: Garnet Mug WIP1
Whoa

You are definetly going down the right path. Keep it up.

Stretching the face one pixel up on the 6th, and adding it the 5th's left eye (our right) might improve it a bit.

Kagebunji

Smash said you are going into right direction, this means you can be proud of this portrait Jimmy ;)