• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Takeno's attempt for spriting

Started by Takeno, April 15, 2012, 03:08:53 pm

Takeno

April 16, 2012, 03:30:51 pm #20 Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:59:10 am by Takeno
Thank Celdia. Only problem is the cape that has disappeared but I'll try to improve it.

(Kagebunji tell me that it was a bit flashy so maybe i'll darken it a bit and change the hair (a bit too picky))

Edit: I manage to solve the palette problem (thank to Celdia help) by erasing one colour of the cape and reshading it with two colours (instead of three). I darken the color a bit (using the yellow palette of the black mage hat). For the hair I dunno why but I thought there was fitting.

Here is the version (the last I think)

Edit: Sorry seems like I messed up again. This one is good.

Lijj

Good job on the portrait. Welcome to FFH!
  • Modding version: PSX

Takeno

April 17, 2012, 05:16:53 am #22 Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:16:35 pm by Takeno
Thank Lijj (comming from someone more advance than me, I feel great)

I dunno what is the best: showing each frame one at a time (since I want to take my time doing thing neatly and I'm not sure it is  :oops:) or posting most of them and redoing the batch ?

Here another view

Taichii

reduce 1 yellow pixel from the upper left hair..
the middle should be the longest.
anyway..
i think its better to post all the frames even though they are not edited yet.
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Takeno

April 17, 2012, 03:16:03 pm #24 Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:21:34 pm by Takeno
Quote from: Taichii on April 17, 2012, 12:51:47 pm
reduce 1 yellow pixel from the upper left hair..
the middle should be the longest.
anyway..
i think its better to post all the frames even though they are not edited yet.

When you said upper left and the middle you're speaking about the hair (or the shoulder pad) ?
If it's about the hair should I make the second spike from the left shorter or the third from the left longer?
Also for further changes, I'll edit the first post (it'll more easy to spot the fresh work at first sight)

Well I'm a bit perfectionnist and make thing one at a time but I'll try to work a bit faster.

Durbs

Quote from: Takeno on April 17, 2012, 03:16:03 pm
but I'll try to work a bit faster.

No rush. And yes, he meant the hair. :mrgreen:

One last thing...

WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS DISCLAIMER: (may or may not) COME TRUE!

Nojgaard

First of all, wellcome to FFH, you are making a good job with that sprite.
Second, taking the caracter reference and the portrait i think the sprite hair look too spiky, try to cut it just a little
Current Projects:     Coming Soon (or maybe not):

Takeno

April 18, 2012, 04:01:14 am #27 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:11:39 am by Takeno
To Durbs and Nojgaard: thank for your welcome. (If I can finish this one fellas then my dream will come true. Kidding.)

To Nojgaard: Kagebunji said the same thing so I tried to remodel a bit the hair (I think now there's less spicky and it should fit a bit more the reference and the portrait).

Tea

The only thing I can think of when I see the portrait to improve, is that it looks a bit like a line drawing coloured in. Especially the right side of the portrait is egregious in this respect. The red eyes look very nice, the hair is awesome.

Kagebunji

All that neccesarry was said on chat. Here is the fix:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Takeno

Thank for your advice on irc Kagebunji and for fixing it. I'll work till I finish it.

Jon

Nice hair Kage, this is looking better and better!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Takeno

Yep looking better but there's still a lot to do.

3lric

Hey, I think Kage was trying to make this post here and accidentally posted it in Taichii's thread instead :P

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8583.msg172160#msg172156

Kagebunji

Hah, true, I was in a rush so I posted it in the wrong topic. Here:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Takeno

I see now what I did wrong (I tried to modify Delita hair but seems like I failed)
Thanks again Kagebunji. (I hope I'll managed to make the other frame by myself. I know you're busy with other things)

Damn hair !!!

Taichii

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Jon

QuoteDamn hair !!!

Hair is tough, but try making totally new arms from scratch, I think that's the hardest ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

3lric

Quote from: Jon on April 21, 2012, 03:10:18 pm
Hair is tough, but try making totally new arms from scratch, I think that's the hardest ;)

Due to some of the issues we were having on one of Jot5's sprites I am inclined to completely agree with you.
Custom arms apparently = RAGEQUIT   lol

(Hooray to Choto for taking up the task :P)

Takeno

Well now I know what I don't want ot start doing (I swear I won't do custom arms from scratch)