• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Kaedre's sprites

Started by Kaedre, November 14, 2012, 12:37:06 pm

Taichii

yes i am hahaha :)
yes lijj is :p i just have nothing to do so i decided to chip in a little haha

boss lijj XD i didnt hack into your smileys :p
nice work
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Kaedre

Quote from: Lijj on November 23, 2012, 04:38:13 pm
You might have to move the whole sheet up or down to fix that water frame issue; I hope it works out.

If i do that, some frames enter in conflict with the animation boxes of another frames. The problem is the shoulders-hips alignment. The stance of the body is too much forced (like a "vedette"). So, if the water frames coincide with the arms, the others don't. (and vice versa)
The only solution (lamentably) is start from scratch.

By now, i don't have the inspiration for that, so i gonna start with an easier one: the generic alchemist.
Remember than these guys are the predecessors of the scientists, so they are scholars of chemistry, medicine, smelting, engineering, etc.
This is one of my four base classes (unless i intend to use RAD, and start with a kind of freelancer). He represents Intelect and thirst of knowledge.

P.S: I can complete it for myself, but you can comment, of course.

Eternal

I personally don't see a mohawk as fitting your theme. Maybe change the hair up a bit?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Taichii

a suggestion o/
ramza's hair colored white :D

"Desperation"

Kaedre

Quote from: Eternal on November 24, 2012, 04:01:44 pm
I personally don't see a mohawk as fitting your theme. Maybe change the hair up a bit?

Definitely, it is racial discrimination. Mohawks are people like us and can learn alchemy if they want. (>_<)
... or are they extinct? (^_^)

Jokes appart, i listen your advice, and Taichi's too. I try with various heads and finally i have a winner: the priest head at the rightmost side (sorry Taichi).

P.S: The hair has to be brown instead of blonde. Because of the color limitation.

Taichii

hahahaha naw its okay i just like white hair .. and a tip when your creating a sprite with white hair, use light colored skin tones from existing fft colors :D
the priest hair looks awesome. just as what i was looking for for soul eater evans.. priest with silver hair... maybe i'll try finishing his sheet when i get the time and energy... thank you kaedre ;)

"Desperation"

GeneralStrife

Give him clothes that match his hair some, will help with the limitations. Honestly FFT spriting limitations just help the artwork cause its so hard.

Kaedre

I am here once again. First some delayed answers:
For Taichi:
I like the white hair too (especially long white hair), but i am reserving it for my necromancer and/or warlock, and i don't wanna abuse of this resource.
For General Strife:
I had that in mind, but did not want to change the color of their clothes if possible.

In the end, i changed the head one more time, but it can works well with a variety of another heads. Here is the result (needs a portrait, of course).

P.S: I will start to work hard soon (in the real world, i mean), so this has to be one of my last posts. But i will be back in about three months.

MiKeMiTchi

I'm loving the work done on the Hunter's portrait. Great job on helping out Kaedre, everyone. ;)
The sprite itself is fine. If you make the sprite stand out from the Archer and Ranger sprites, then change the lower body to something else and\or give it more armor like a breast plate.

The Alchemist is looking good! The clothes palette make him look sinister like a Duke or something. Cool choice. I'd experiment more on hairs, but in the end, hair choice depends on how the portrait's hair will look like.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Kaedre

Like i feared, i have to say goodbye. This is my last post until summer ends. I have a lot of work and i need to use my leisure to rest. I thank you all the help, attention and advices that  i received from you guys. Especially the work done by Jimmy, Mobius and Lijj.

You are invited to finish the alchemist sprite as your preference (if someone is interesed in it) or i will finish it for myself when i have the time.

FFT modding is one of my favourite hobbies, and this is the best place (with the best people) to do that. So, you can count with my presence later or earlier.

Godspeed, my friends.

Lijj

Good having you around Kaedre. I hope you come back sooner than later.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kaedre

Hello again! I apologize for the activity fault in this topic (45 Days or more)  (0_0)

I don't have very much time (because of my work), but i did a small break, so i take the opportunity to finish my Alchemist.
I attend to Mike advices
Quotein the end, hair choice depends on how the portrait's hair will look like
so i did the portrait first (an enchanter's modification) and completed the sprite according to it.

Kagebunji

Yeah, that will work I guess. Looks pretty nice, Kaedre.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Timbo

I really like this sprite. I'd love to see a female version.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Kaedre

January 23, 2013, 01:22:43 pm #54 Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:25:41 am by Kaedre
Thank you for the kind words, guys.

I have to make the female versions of both sprites (Hunter and Alchemist) when it may.
For now, i have an small preview of hunter's.
I remove the pointy hood (Kagebunji's  suggestion) and give to her a headband and feathers for the head. The body now keeps the archer's skirt and doesn't have any problems on water frames.
What do you think?

GeneralStrife

She's looking good. Actually Looks like a hunter, probably because of the leaves in her hair. keep it up.

3lric

haha, so it seems someone else wants some hunters as well.
Not bad at all. Kage should be able to give you some critique on this especially.

Lijj

I like the way the alchemist turned out.
The new hunter is looking good. the arms go well with those clothes.

Kaedre

Thank you all for the support. I am optimistic about this project, but i am a little stuck with the portrait. This is that i have for now:

P.S: For General Strife: The "leaves" are actually feathers. (>_<)
Maybe the problem with these are the colors (I only can use green and brown)

Celdia

I don't know how you call that 'stuck'. It looks very nice.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0