• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:58:13 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Patch Proposals/Ideas Thread

Started by Dominic NY18, February 14, 2009, 01:59:21 pm

Poco Loco

July 31, 2009, 12:50:03 pm #320 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
Hey guys just throwing an idea out here (idk if someone pitched this or not I wasn't about 2 read 17 pages lol)

why not do a patch about Delita and what happens right after the explosion @ fort Zeikden, make Delita the main character, let him have his own squad and go about his own side of the story, and of course throw in a few appearances of Ramza and have him fight alongside you as a guest from time to time

just a thought guys, give me some feedback here :p
"I'm Dr. Rockzo The Rock & Roll Clown... I Do Cocaine" LMAO

LastingDawn

July 31, 2009, 02:27:03 pm #321 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "Poco Loco"Hey guys just throwing an idea out here (idk if someone pitched this or not I wasn't about 2 read 17 pages lol)

why not do a patch about Delita and what happens right after the explosion @ fort Zeikden, make Delita the main character, let him have his own squad and go about his own side of the story, and of course throw in a few appearances of Ramza and have him fight alongside you as a guest from time to time

just a thought guys, give me some feedback here :p

Heh, I can't say much but a Very prominent player in FFT Hacking is using that exact premise, hehe...
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Xifanie

August 07, 2009, 01:46:37 am #322 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
FFT needs a spoof hack; badly.
And a good one of course.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

August 07, 2009, 11:55:55 am #323 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Zodiac: There was that like FFT fast forward thing on GameFAQs a long while ago that was kind of a comedy spoof of the story. I always thought it would be funny to do events of that, maybe use it as a base. Anyone have a link?

Parts of Zozma's Remix kind of started out as a spoof, but no longer I think.
Current Projects:

Captain Obvious

August 08, 2009, 04:58:48 pm #324 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Captain Obvious
I wonder... If you learn abilities from weapons, like in FFTA? Can it be made?
Just want to make a FFTA hack. Maybe even hack WOtL...

Dokurider

August 12, 2009, 04:34:45 pm #325 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
I have an idea for a patch. What if every skill in the game had a charge time? Except Attack, Steal, and Basic Skill? Furthermore, there would a new kind of charging for most of the physical classes. This type of charging (I'm gonna call it 'Prepare' for now), would not have any sort of penalty attached to it, it's just there to indictate that you are preparing an attack.

What you guys think?

akwikone

August 13, 2009, 01:34:13 pm #326 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
Interesting, the ai would be cool to see, it would (or at least I think it would)be a lot more catious about using an action, though it also would be more inclined to just attack than do any thing else, dependent apon charge time of course.  It also makes me kinda want to put a charge time on the attack command(if possable, I know you can't make it trigger counter magic, so I'm unsure how editable it is).

Side note: Mass Effect tactics anyone?  I was thinking of having the the job tree split into three paths: Biotic(stuff like float and don't move for lift, and stop(modified so when stopped you don't take damage) for stasis), Tech(don't act, equip and stat breaks), and Weaponry(abilities like carnage(boosted weapon damage and aoe), and overkill(multi hitting ability)).  Thoughts?

crystal

August 14, 2009, 05:26:27 am #327 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by crystal
Can Chicken status raise Fa instead of Br?
Then it'll be possible to insert some kind of "deployment points".
Like all jobs have innate Chicken. So they have limited turns.
How about it?

Skip Sandwich

August 18, 2009, 02:45:32 pm #328 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Here's a reworked Item skill set I've been working on

Item
Bandage: recovers a small amount of hp (healing staff formula)
Transfusion: transfers hp from the user to the target (wish formula)
Potion: Grants Regen status to target, 100% success
Phoenix Down: revives unit
Remedy: Cancels: Poison, Blind, Silence, Don't Move, Don't Act, Oil
Maiden's Kiss: Cancels: Frog, Sleep, Berserk
Soft: Cancels: Petrify, Charm, Confusion
Holy Water: Cancels: Zombie, Blood Suck, Death Sentence
Acid Flask: inflicts MA/2 * MA water element damage, cancels Regen
Poison Flask: inflicts MA/2 * MA dark element damage, inflicts Poison
Oil Flask: inflicts oil status, 100% success.
Magebane: deals damage equal to target's current mp
Black Thread:  self destructs, inflicts death sentence 100%
Elixir: Target gains a level
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

LastingDawn

August 18, 2009, 03:05:55 pm #329 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"Here's a reworked Item skill set I've been working on

Item
Bandage: recovers a small amount of hp (healing staff formula)
Transfusion: transfers hp from the user to the target (wish formula)
Potion: Grants Regen status to target, 100% success
Phoenix Down: revives unit
Remedy: Cancels: Poison, Blind, Silence, Don't Move, Don't Act, Oil
Maiden's Kiss: Cancels: Frog, Sleep, Berserk
Soft: Cancels: Petrify, Charm, Confusion
Holy Water: Cancels: Zombie, Blood Suck, Death Sentence
Acid Flask: inflicts MA/2 * MA water element damage, cancels Regen
Poison Flask: inflicts MA/2 * MA dark element damage, inflicts Poison
Oil Flask: inflicts oil status, 100% success.
Magebane: deals damage equal to target's current mp
Black Thread:  self destructs, inflicts death sentence 100%
Elixir: Target gains a level

Bandage -Healing Staff uses MA * Y, but Items never assign a Y, they only use  "Z".

Transfusion - Wish should do well, no concerns on that .

Potion- Yep that works.

Remedy,Maiden's Kiss, Holy Water, Soft - I see no reason why not.

Acid Flask, Oil Flask - Items can't be assigned an element, nor can that formula 100% inflict status.

Magebane - Works well enough

Black Thread -   Sounds good.

Elixir - Very creative. I like it.

Art of War

Skip Sandwich

August 18, 2009, 03:15:07 pm #330 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
healing staff formula actually uses the weapon formula and reverses healing and damage, so if you stick it on an axe, it'll do random healing using that formula, on an item, it uses the unarmed damage formula to determine amount healed

as for acid flask and Poison Flask, I overlooked the lack of an element assignment box, but the point is that they do a small amount of damage with a chance to add poison or remove regen status. Oil Flask simply uses the 100% hit formula, and does no damage, so it's fine.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."

LastingDawn

August 18, 2009, 03:20:27 pm #331 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
You're right... not sure what I was thinking there, haha! Very good points made.

Art of War

Skip Sandwich

September 01, 2009, 02:38:19 pm #332 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Idea for new skillsets for Rafa and Malak, I call them Ward and Snare, they function like song/dance skills, in that they repeat their effects at regular intervals, except they target a specific area of the battlefield and do not discriminate between friend and foe

Rafa - Ward

Healing Field - Restores hp at regular intervals, damages undead

Concealing Mist - Adds Defending status at regular intervals

Freedom Rune - regularly cancels Don't Act, Don't Move, Slow and Stop

Lifestream - revives all within at regular intervals, those revived come back with 1% of thier max hp.

Malak - Snare

Acid Trap - deal water damage at regluar intervals and may cancel protect and shell

Mine Field - inflicts earth damage at regular intervals, may inflict sleep

Tar Pit - inflicts slow at regular intervals

Poison Gas - deals dark damage equal to 12% of the target's max hp and inflicts poison

Also, a small edit to the item skillset revision I posted, I realized that poison status counters and dispells regen status anyway, so the acid flask's purpose was rendered redunant, so I think it'd be better to change that item to deal damage with a chance of dispelling protect and shell status instead.
"Dave?  Are you there?"

SilvasRuin

September 01, 2009, 05:52:09 pm #333 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Interesting concepts with Rafa and Malak.  It reminds me of those ward items and the troll witchdoctor hero from WarCraft 3.  It's a little hard to emulate considering it will continuously drain mp as it is being used, but if you can balance it out appropriately, I definitely approve of the concept.

Mental_Gear

September 02, 2009, 11:31:43 am #334 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
Nice ideas - just a shame patch stacking isn't possible, otherwise edits for single jobs are sort of redundant.

Skip Sandwich

September 02, 2009, 01:44:58 pm #335 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
not really, at least, not when the patcher allows us to fairly easilly cherry pick from other's ideas to make our own patches, it can be a time-consuming pain to alter stuff, patch, playtest, alter more stuff, make a clean iso, patch again, ect. ect. but that's the hardest bit, and it isn't so much difficult as time-consuming.
"Dave?  Are you there?"

Helchilde

September 10, 2009, 04:09:04 pm #336 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Helchilde
Hey everyone, I'm working on a patch that lowers the ct but increases the mp of all magic spells. It also makes Malak/Rafa useful by turning random fire off. I might make some job changes later. Like adding healing abilities to Holy/Divine Knight and Black magic to Dark knight.

I'm also thinking about getting rid of all monsters and reworking the ENTD to make story battles harder.

Cheetah

September 10, 2009, 07:53:19 pm #337 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Sounds like a good starting point Helchilde, thanks for posting this in the correct thread. Why get rid of monsters though?
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

September 10, 2009, 08:39:10 pm #338 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I really see no benefit to removing monsters.  If they aren't tough enough to make a difference, buff them.  If you don't want the player to get strong characters that don't need equipment, make all monsters immune to Invite.

jimmyjw88

September 10, 2009, 10:24:23 pm #339 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Remove monster?? NOOO!! Then all that's left are humans, which is not the FF way (I think).
Yes. Silvas has a point there.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.