• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:29:20 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Zephon

Lijj, think could you send me a version of M and F rogue where the default skin is the green one(4 row)?

GeneralStrife

that's quite easy to do yourself with xif's palette editor or graphicsgale, swip swap row 1 with the green row. just click and drag in GG.

Lijj

np: Here ya go Zephon:
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

oooh....great coloring...

Lijj

Beware of this beast.
I have Finally made a Chocokin sprite. I made concepts for one when I first joined over a year ago (http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=2132.msg109605#msg109605).
This is the female and following that is the male counterpart which Kagebunji will be making:
Female sheet's done; it just needs a portrait.

3lric

Fuck yea! Nice work Lijj \m/ \m/

GeneralStrife

ill start brainstorming for the port. will be tricky

Taichii

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Lijj

Oh! I was so tired last night I didn't mention Kage also put the male proto together :oops:. It will follow the Ninja's palette order pretty much since the male is blue and the female is red.
And damnit GS, what is that supposed to mean? By brainstorming do you mean conspiring theft from another obscure source. Who're you kidding? only yourself.

also; Thank you Elric and Taichii.

Jon

I'll try to crit this, its a great sprite! Hmm on the front 2/4 view frames for both the male and female I think the helmet could be slightly thicker near the beak, or lowered, it looks like on the total side frame that the helmet is directly over the eye and on the 3/4 one its like a clear 2 pixels higher. On the front frame you can't really see the eyes at all, I think that's fine because chocobos have fucking huge beaks. The shoes are very good, they look like Ninja Tabi mixed with chocobo feet. What keeps bothering me is simply that front 3/4 frame, now on closer inspection the helmet seems smaller than the other frames. Also, on all the frames what is that yellow thing hanging down on the left side of them near their left leg? I don't wanna sound mean but if its a weapon or bag it looks bad, it looks like it ends but where does it start? Great job though, keep this up, I love chocobos! Now there will be a Chocobo Knight ;_; (crying of happiness)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

GeneralStrife

I ment throw together an ugly prototype portrait? but looks like you're sporting it as your avatar?

Lijj

Jon, thanks a lot and I'm glad I brought you some chocobo joy haha! Thanks for the critique, I neglected the side view as I tend to do (Last sprite I did this too).
What I ended up editing was the side of course, and the back 3/4 views on the helmets. Now I checked, with a refreshed mind, all the frames again and I'm convinced the animations all look perfect. I'll even make a large gif to prove it in a bit here.. they take time if they're more than one object. I'll put six animations together including the rotation.
Oh, and Jon the thing on the side is a pair of chocobo feathers like in the original penciled concepts. You'll be able to tell in the animations.

GeneralStrife

It's really really good lijj, but the chicken feet look odd haha. That would hurt to wear especially in battle.

Lijj

February 27, 2012, 06:37:25 pm #713 Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:13:44 pm by Lijj
GS. It's a chicken knight the feet are a necessary touch in my opinion. May be uncomfortable but this isn't reality, it's Ivalice and if you restricted the game to fit into our relm of physics it wouldn't be what it is.

GIF:

3lric

hahahaha fucking awesome \o/

GeneralStrife

the feathers move haha! 10/10 for these frames, I don't see nothin' wrong with em.

Lijj

DarkShade

Damn I'm impressed, i guess i don't need to continue working on mine then.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Lijj

:mrgreen: (joy)

I noticed one thing on the front walking frame. It originated from the hair clashing with the feather so I just simplified it.