• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:57:24 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, December 20, 2012, 10:33:32 pm

Reks

Looks like I was Kuja and Doku was Zidane in this play. Gg, Doku!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Eternal

I'm almost amazed at how well my Mediators are doing. Go go Mediators!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

reinoe

Round 1=15 minutes.  Round 2=3 minutes.  Even though Dol was perfectly equipped to survive Avalanche's onslaught with his magical tank Samurai, it still wasn't enough to survive.  I wouldn't want to meet up with those Geomancers in a dark alley.

Well I definitely wouldn't have expected the Priests to be 0-2 at this point.  But the offensive power of the Ninja's proved to be too much for Pride's Sandbag potential.  Particularly powerful is the Kagesougi hitting to cause Silence.

Angelus didn't have a prayer.  During Round 2, when AeroGP was backed into a corner and was getting hammered by AoE, it still wasn't close.  Some teams just have inherent weaknesses against other teams.  Oh and let's not forget massive magical gun damage.  Near the end of the match the chemists were able to one-shot the Scholars.
My dreams can come true!

TrueLight

Quite the back and forth match. Samurais got separated and PA spent too many turns healing himself instead of going on the attack.

Scholars couldn't inflict enough damage with Lore due to Auto Potion. It was only a matter of time until the Chemists got in range.

Pokemon music FTW. I'm quite surprised my Ninjas dodged that many Holys. Priests just didn't have enough HP to survive Kagesougi and the speed advantage helped me out in the end. GG Pride.

Thanks for the quick videos Barren.
  • Modding version: PSX

The Damned

(Since I'm still not commenting on Youtube just yet, I'll just comment here before I forgot.)

Outside of the first match, these went about how I expected. Thanks for the quick videos Barren as TrueLight said. Given how fast you've been uploading this, I for some reason thought we were at Block D of Round 2 already:

To be honest, I still barely pay attention to Zodiac compatibility between units on teams unless it's pointed out, even if it's my team fighting (read: getting its ass kicked by) someone else. In this instance, however, it was instantly obvious that the Geomancers had best with the male Samurai, which is what lost Dol the match ultimately.

Well, it was more that ultimately that Samurai ended up being far more concerned with Nursing and Iron Will himself. This even though the former didn't really help him as it didn't really against AeroGP's team, especially since he kept dying anyway. (As an aside, I still find it quite amusing that Paladin's tremendous healing capabilities usually backfire since a Chivalry tends to baby itself unless its using Grand Cross, especially as how much the AI whores Defending status.)

I suppose it helps that, like formerdeathcorps' Monk team, I didn't notice until just now that Dol's teams completely lacks any M-EV, which normally would be fine given the Save reactions and amount of resurrection & healing. But here it just allowed the already damaging Geomancers to have free reign with their AoE and for the male Samurai to not pull his weight.

*foregoes commenting on the disgusting amount of HP Murasame healed for on both sides*

The first round was a rather nice back and forth though, even if Avalanche's team was never really in danger of losing it. The second was just...an avalanche of AoE.

...Yeah. This was basically like my match versus Toshiko only with more damage being thrown around by both sides and we all now how that match ended. With TrueLight actually "abusing" Kagesougi unlike Toshiko...yeah. Unsurprising.

Amusing, this was still relatively even though despite Pride's only chance of winning hinging on his Holy spells not getting dodged repeatedly as they did. I say that because it was more of a 3v3 than 4v4 since both Pride's lead Draw Out Priest and TrueLight's sole kunoichi were pretty useless here and continued to not really pull their weight. It's just Mai Shiranui's team ended up being the one to win; she at least got off a win-more Climhazzard end for a lot though, so having two Platina Daggers finally "paid off".

I really don't know why I would take nearly as long as AeroGP's match versus Dol given how much damage spellguns do. I guess I just expected Auto Potion to trigger less or for there to be more obstacles in the way on that actually meant something.

Silly me.

Silly spellguns.

Silly rabbit.

Hmmm...if we're to Block D of Round 2 already, then there's something I need to get prepared by the next time I comment....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Avalanche

Quote from: Barren on January 01, 2013, 09:42:01 pm
FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 2 Block C - Dol vs Avalanche

FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 2 Block C - Pride vs TrueLight

FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 2 Block C - Angelus vs AeroGP

The first map could have been different when "Ma" or "Pa" launched just one offensive move

Not much to say other than Magic Guns are way to strong in my opinion

Malroth

well they're being used by Magic attack up, elemental boosted units with 100 faith,  Under similarly optimized conditions a physical damage dealer would be topping 550 damage per strike, the problem however isn't its attack power but its 100% accuracy. 

Angelus

definitely those magic guns were the weakness against my team. gg aerogp, hopefully you'll do well in this tourney but you have the odds against you

Malroth

ct5 holy vs Raven

Completely unexpected outcome thanks to sleep procs way to go black mages

Ninjaweasel Vs Me

I was faster and I had better AOE so most of his units went down quick, The paladin wannabe was fairly robust but all he did was spam Nurse to heal himself

Otabo Vs Former Death corps

Very very close match that could have swung either way on the whims of a few % in the RNG but eventually those geo's got luckier than the monks

TrueLight

Lancers couldn't withstand the AOE and they never really could put down the Wizards for good. I thought Raven was going to win round 1 once that Undead Lancer resurrected, but the Wizards made sure that there was no comeback.

Priests were stuck sandbagging for most of the match while the Archers continued to snipe them down.

Those Don't Move procs really helped Otabo in his comeback. There were good uses of Fairy as the Geomancers died right next to each other.

The Damned

(Okay, good. I finally managed to upload videos to Youtube, so you can take a bit of a break this weekend with the round ended...if you want to.)

And with Block D over, this means that Round 2 is over already.

This means that I finally got off my ass and "finished" what TrueLight started when it came to counting what was used, partly to sate my own curiosity of course. This took quite a bit of time, but it should be mostly accurate. I'll double check after I annotate the Youtube videos, which probably won't finish until (well) after midnight; this will allow me to take a bit of a break from staring at this for possibly another hour.

KNIVES
Throwing Knife - 0
Dual Cutters - 1
Repel Knife - N/A [Unused because not working as should.]
Mage Masher - 1
Platina Dagger - 2
Main Gauche - 1
Orichalcum - 2
Katar - 1
Air Knife - 0

NINJATO
Hidden Knife - 2
Ninja Knife - 4
Short Edge - 1
Ninja Edge - 0
Spell Edge - 0
Sasuke Knife - 0
Iga Knife - 0
Koga Knife - 0

SWORDS
Phoenix Blade - 2
Tactician's Blade - 0
Parry Edge - 0
Moonlight - 0
Blood Sword - 0
Coral Sword - 0
Ancient Sword - 1
Sleep Sword - 0
Platinum Sword - 0
Shieldrender - N/A [Unused because not working as should.]
Ice Brand - 1
Rune Blade - 9
Lionheart - 5
Ultima Weapon - 1

KNIGHT SWORDS
Defender - 0
Save the Queen - 0
Excalibur - 0
Ragnarok - 0
Chaos Blade - 0

KATANA
Asura Knife - 1
Koutetsu Knife - 2
Bizen Boat - 0
Murasame - 2
Heaven's Cloud - 0
Kiyomori - 1
Kikuichimonji - 0
Masamune - 0
Chirijiraden - 0

AXES
Battle Axe - 2
Giant Axe - 0
Slasher - 0

RODS
Prismatic Rod - 2
Thunder Rod - 0
Flame Rod - 0
Ice Rod - 0
Poison Rod - 0
Wizard Rod - 6
Dragon Rod - 0
Faith Rod - 1

STAVES
White Staff - 1
Healing Staff - 0
Rainbow Staff - 1
Wizard Staff - 5
Gold Staff - 1
Mace of Zeus - 1

FLAILS
Sadist's Whip - 0
Spiked Futon - 0
Aspergillium - 0
Scorpion Tail - 5

GUNS
Romanda Gun - 2
Mythril Gun - 0
Stone Gun - 0
Blaze Gun - 1
Glacier Gun - 3
Blast Gun - 2

CROSSBOWS
Bow Gun - N/A [Unused because no working as should.]
Night Killer - 0
Silencer - 0 [Has yet to be used. Ever.]
Poison Bow - 1
Hunting Bow - 0
Gastrafitis - 3

LONGBOWS
Long Bow - 0
Silver Bow - 0
Ice Bow - 0
Lightning Bow - 0
Windslash Bow - 0
Mythril Bow - 1
Ultimus Bow - 1

HARPS
Ramia Harp - 0
Bloody Strings - 0
Fairy Harp - 0

BOOKS
Necronomicon - 1
Monster Dict - 0
Papyrus Plate - 2
Maldemgen - 0

SPEARS
Javelin - 2
Spear - 0
Mythril Spear - 0
Partisan - 0
Obelisk - 1
Holy Lance - 0
Dragon Whisker - 0

STICKS
Iron Fan - 0
Gokuu Rod - 0
Ivory Rod - 1
Octagon Rod - 0
Whale Whisker - 0

BAGS
FS Bag - 3
C Bag - 4
H Bag - 4
P Bag - 6

CLOTHS
Persia - 0
Cashmere - 0
Ryozan Silk - 1

Mythril Shield - 2
Gold Shield - 2
Ice Shield - 0
Flame Shield - 0
Aegis Shield - 10
Diamond Shield - 0
Platina Shield - 0
Crystal Shield - 1 [Why, Celdia? Why?]
Genji Shield - 3
Kaiser Plate - 2
Zephyr/Venetian Shield - 2
Escutcheon II - 2

HELMETS
Barbuta - 4
Mythril Helmet - 0
Gold Helmet - 1
Cross Helmet - 3
Diamond Helmet - 0
Platina Helmet - 3
Circlet - 0
Crystal Helmet - 4
Genji Helmet - 0
Grand Helmet - 1

HATS
Green Beret - 11
Twist Headband - 6 [Includes Taichii's 2 Units despite their having no use for PA at all]
Holy Miter - 11
Black Hood - 6
Golden Hairpin - 24
Flash Hat - 2
Thief Hat - 17

HEADBANDS
Focus Band - 2
Choice Band - 0
Chakra Band - 2

ARMOR
Gold Armor - 2
Diamond Armor - 5
Platina Armor - 1
Carabini Mail - 2
Crystal Armor - 0
Genji Armor - 0
Reflect Mail - 1
Maximillian - 1

CLOTHES
Wizard Outfit - 5
Brigandine - 10
Santa Outfit - 7
Power Sleeve - 10
Earth Clothes - 7
Secret Clothes - 2
Black Costume - 14
Rubber Costume - 3

ROBES
Linen Robe - 4
Silk Robe - 1
Wizard Robe - 4
Chameleon Robe - 1
White Robe - 8
Black Robe - 2
Light Robe - 2
Robe of Lords - 6

SHOES
Battle Boots - 1
Germinas Boots - 0
Rubber Shoes - 1
Feather Boots - 0
Sprint Shoes - 3
Red Shoes - 3
Iron Boots - 1

ARMGUARDS
Power Wrist - 3
Genji Gauntlet - 0
Magic Gauntlet - 4
Bracer - 3

RINGS
Reflect Ring - 1
Defense Ring - 9
Magic Ring - 6
Cursed Ring - 5
Angel Ring - 3

ARMLETS
Diamond Armlet - 7
Jade Armlet - 1
108 Gems - 9
N-Kai Armlet - 6
Defense Armlet - 0

MANTLES
Small Mantle - 2
Leather Mantle - 1
Wizard Mantle - 7
Elf Mantle - 5
Dracula Mantle - 1
Feather Mantle - 1
Vanish Mantle - 0

PERFUMES
Cherche - 3
Setiemson - 8
Chantage - 2
Salty Rage - 0

For the "As Primary" count, I'm only counting Primaries where at least one actual skill was purchased. Otherwise, the count for all of them would obviously be multiples of 4 and always equal to the amount of units of said class in this tournament. The same applies for "As Secondary", minus that being equal in distribution to number and type of Primary units of course.

BASIC SKILL (As Primary: 4; As Secondary: 3)
Accumulate - 2
Alacrity/Focus - 2
Bullrush - 2
Throw Stone - 3
Heal - 5
Yell - 1
Wish - 2
Ultima - 1

ITEM (As Primary: 4; As Secondary: 14)
Hi-Potion - 8
X-Potion - 10
Ether - 4
Hi-Ether - 4
Antidote - 10
Chronos Tear - 5
Echo Grass - 5
Maiden's Kiss - 14
Soft - 14
Holy Water - 5
Bandage - 15
Phoenix Down - 15

CHIVALRY (As Primary: 2; As Secondary: 2)
Nurse - 3
Consecration - 1
Transfusion - 2
Iron Will - 3
Reraise - 2
Grand Cross - 1
Southern Cross - 2

SNIPE (As Primary: 4; As Secondary: 3)
Leg Aim - 0
Arm Aim - 3
Seal Evil - 1
Hawk's Eye - 2
Execute - 0
Cover Fire - 3
Head Break - 2
Armor Break - 2
Shield Break - 1
Weapon Break - 2

PUNCH ART (As Primary: 3; As Secondary: 10)
Spin Fist - 3
Repeating Fist - 5
Wave Fist - 2
Earth Slash - 4
Secret Fist - 3
Stigma Magic - 13
Chakra - 9
Revive - 12

WHITE MAGIC (As Primary: 8; As Secondary: 17)
Cure - 3
Cure 2 - 3
Cure 3 - 3
Cure 4 - 0
Raise - 8
Raise 2 - 16
Regen - 3
Protect - 2
Protect 2 - 2
Shell - 1
Shell 2 - 1
Wall - 1
Esuna - 18
Dia - 2
Holy - 8

BLACK MAGIC (As Primary: 4; As Secondary: 4)
Fire - 2
Nether Fire - 0
Fire 2 - 0
Bolt - 1
Nether Bolt - 1
Bolt 2 - 1
Ice - 0
Nether Ice - 0
Ice 2 - 0
Water - 0
Nether Water - 2
Water 2 - 0
Poison - 0
Frog - 2
Death - 2
Flare - 3

TIME MAGIC (As Primary: 4; As Secondary: 4)
Haste - 4
Haste 2 - 1
Slow - 3
Slow 2 - 4
Stop - 1
Don't Move - 3
Comet - 3
Sinkhole - 3
Balance - 1
Demi - 3
Demi 2 - 2

SUMMON MAGIC (As Primary: 4; As Secondary: 11)
Moogle - 6
Shiva - 2
Ramuh - 2
Ifrit - 0
Leviathan - 3
Salamander - 3
Titan - 2
Fairy - 10
Carbunkle - 9
Silf - 4
Odin - 2
Bahamut - 1
Lich - 2
Cyclops - 3
Zodiac - 5

STEAL (As Primary: 4; As Secondary: 2)
Heretic - 0
Bad Luck - 0
Spellbreaker - 0
Quickening - 3
Steal Heart - 2
Steal Accessory - 0
Magic Ruin - 1
Speed Ruin - 1
Power Ruin - 0
Mind Ruin - 0

TALK SKILL (As Primary: 3; As Secondary: 4)
Blackmail - 5
Persuade - 0
Preach - 0
Solution - 0
Death Sentence - 3
Refute - 5
Insult - 1
Mimic Daravon - 5

YIN-YANG MAGIC (As Primary: 4; As Secondary: 2)
Blind - 3
Spell Absorb - 2
Life Drain - 0
Zombie - 1
Silence Song - 4
Blind Rage - 1
Beguile - 2
Dispel Magic - 0
Paralyze - 4
Sleep - 4
Petrify - 0

ELEMENTAL (As Primary: 5; As Secondary: 0)
Pitfall - 4
Water Ball - 4
Hell Ivy - 4
Carve Model - 4
Local Quake - 4
Kamaitachi - 4
Demon Fire - 4
Quicksand - 4
Sand Storm - 3
Blizzard - 3
Gusty Wind - 4
Lava Ball - 3

JUMP (As Primary: 4; As Secondary: 0)
Level Jump 2 - 0
Level Jump 3 - 0
Level Jump 4 - 0
Level Jump 5 - 2
Level Jump 6 - 2
Vertical Jump 2 - 0
Vertical Jump 3 - 1
Vertical Jump 4 - 1
Vertical Jump 5 - 1
Vertical Jump 6 - 0
Vertical Jump 7 - 1
Vertical Jump 8 - 0

DRAW OUT (As Primary: 5; As Secondary: 10)
Asura - 0
Koutetsu - 2
Bizen Boat - 5
Murasame - 6
Heaven's Cloud - 0
Kiyomori - 5
Muramasa - 2
Kikuichimoji - 0
Masamune - 15
Chirijiraden - 4

NINJUTSU (As Primary: 4; As Secondary: 2)
Tsumazuku - 1
Shuriken - 2
Meiton - 1
Fuuton - 1
Suiton - 1
Houkouton - 0
Kagesougi - 4

LORE (As Primary: 8; As Secondary: 2)
Maelstorm -  0
Rime Bolt - 0
Earth Dragon - 3
Thunder Flare - 0
Shadow Shade - 5
Mad Science - 0
Bio - 3
Bio 2 - 4
Bio 3 - 1
Tornado - 2
Quake - 2

SING/SONG/BARDSONG (As Primary: 2; As Secondary: 2)
Angel Song - 3
Life Song - 4
Battle Song - 2
Magic Song - 2
Cheer Song - 1
Nameless Song - 0
Last Song - 0

DANCE (As Primary: 3; As Secondary: 0)
Witch Hunt - 2
Wiznaibus - 0
Polka Polka - 0
Disillusion - 0
Slow Dance - 0
Nameless Song - 1
Last Dance - 0

I'll keep my match commentary concise this time:

Hunh. I hadn't noticed that two of Raven's units are also vulnerable to Lightning, which is what ended up screwing him over, at least in the second round. It's rather telling that even with Setiemson (?), the Lancer still took that much damage. Other than, Mimic Daravon screwed him over rather extremely, especially considering how well the first part of round 1 was going with him those spell redirects.

Still, the first round was an excellent back and forth.

Really nothing to say here except that it was interesting to see one of the Archer's focus on Don't Move so much in the first round. It's nice to see that get more use.

Also, I must admit that I find it amusing to realize that, IIRC, pretty much every time the Izlude map has come up, there's always been at least one Archer around to ruthlessly exploit the layout of the archs.

This was extremely close since both teams are quite strong and basically, as Malroth said, was determined by "luck", especially in that first round. A 414 damage Critical hit Earth Slash? Geez.

One way or the other, it's a thing Carve Model got changed to Don't Move. The third round was rather amusing in general towards the end with people getting slaughtered back and forth. Never thought I'd see the day where Monks shot so many arrows.

Quote from: Malroth on January 03, 2013, 02:47:11 pm
well they're being used by Magic attack up, elemental boosted units with 100 faith,  Under similarly optimized conditions a physical damage dealer would be topping 550 damage per strike, the problem however isn't its attack power but its 100% accuracy. 

The 100% accuracy is indeed a problem, but it's only part of the problem. Even if more "extreme" damage set-ups can do more damage (and it's not like Spellguns can't do more damage than they're currently already doing), those set-ups almost always sacrifice evasion and sometime even a good deal of HP (and MP) to make it work. Spellguns don't really have to do that, especially in the case of Archers.

I still don't understand why Archers get Shields or, at the very least, why all (spell)Guns aren't Forced Two Hands. It's part of the reason that Longbows haven't seen much use until recently.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Avalanche

very equal Teams. The dmg. of the 2 crossbow wielding samurais was a bit low, i think crossbows dont benefit from the inate two hands of the samurais do they? Other than that Samurais did very well

Dokurider

Okay I'm going to comment on these videos as I watch them because I always forget the details of the fight as soon as it happens, even of my own matches.

Despite Vireblaze's poor healing ability, especially for healing statuses, his ability to fight off Slow, successful use of HP Restore, high damage output thanks to the inner play of self strengthening, Two Hands and Warpath, and most decisively, bad compat to prevent mass slowing, allowed him cut down those doughy Paladins and score his first victory.

Just before that fatal Nameless Dance went off, I was just wondering to myself if Taichii had Silence protection. Slow, powerful Earth Slashs on weak Scholars, and no Silence protection allowed Jumza to win

Complete slugfest with Celdia coming out on top. Not much else to say.

Quote from: Avalanche on January 07, 2013, 01:00:38 pm
very equal Teams. The dmg. of the 2 crossbow wielding samurais was a bit low, i think crossbows dont benefit from the inate two hands of the samurais do they? Other than that Samurais did very well

It does not. If Vireblaze wanted ranged attacks, there's nothing wrong with Kiku.

Jumza

Nameless Dance has become Awesome Dance, especially with little to no status protection. As Dokurider already mentioned, that's pretty much what won me the match.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Malroth

That was pretty much the best possible case for nameless dance (a all caster squad with no silence protection) and it still was barely useful

TrueLight

Samurais eventually reached 100 Brave with Warpath and they did enough damage to put pressure on the Paladins. It was unfortunate that the Item-Bot Paladin went down early in round 2 and he never got revived. Poor guy.

Lots of damage from Earth Slash and Titan. The Oil procs made sure the targets didn't survive. Very timely statuses from Nameless Dance.

The RNG was really messed up in this one. The Squires just did the things needed to ensure the victory.

Taichii

i was worrying about berserk that i forgot to add esuna or some silence imunity concerning that my team is an all magic team hahaha XD
needs more frog procs Q.Q dang XD GG jumza.
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"