• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 30, 2024, 06:19:23 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

DeadManWalking

I changed it from Rofel's eyes, guess I need to edit them some more.  And you said it was only on the one rear view, which I did add shading too.

Kagebunji

I see no change in it at all, send me small poses, I will show you how to do it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DeadManWalking

Here, take a stab at it.

[attachment=0:1kqz1tqi]Healer2.bmp[/attachment:1kqz1tqi]

Kagebunji

Now, look closely on frame number two and three to see difference on eyes, and on frame number four to see difference in hood.

DeadManWalking

This should be my last portraitless preview.

[attachment=0:mm5eopi1]Healer Preview.png[/attachment:mm5eopi1]

Cheetah

There appaera to be some solic black pixels under his belt in the front taking damage frame.
His belt looks crazy verticle in the front facing kneeling frame.
The shading on the belt/sash in general looks a bit odd, especially when you look at the front side view of the purple palette.
Current Projects:

mav

There's also a random line of black pixels on the side view. Likewise, his head looks detached on the forward-facing, damage-taking view. The belt could use some fixing on the forward-facing and forward-facing diagonal views. Those black outlines are little tough on the eyes too.

DeadManWalking

One thing at a time, sheesh =P

1.  Cheetah, that's not black, that's just dark.  I fixed it, though.

2.  Cheetah... what are you talking about?  You can see all of two pixels of the belt on that frame, I don't think that can be crazy anything.

3.  Cheetah, Howso?

4.  Mav, I lightened up a line of pixels, I guess.  They were dark, not black.

5.  Mav... it wasn't detached, it was just dark.  Get your eyes checked :P  I lightened it up.

6.  Howso?

mav

The dark color used for some outlines (aye, they're not actually black) are just too dark, in comparison with the other clothing shades. Lighten it even further. Or just use your darkest clothing shade, where possible.

DeadManWalking

mav

Messy and blotchy shading on the first four poses/frames. What belt is this based off?

DeadManWalking

DeadManWalking

Here's another preview with some tweaks I've made, along with the portraits.

[attachment=1:16lrp4of]Healer Portrait Preview.png[/attachment:16lrp4of]

[attachment=0:16lrp4of]Healer Preview.png[/attachment:16lrp4of]

SilvasRuin

Why do the hoods look separate from the robes in the portraits?

And what's with that strange blotch in the crouch view that seems to be the same colors on every palette?

DeadManWalking

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"Which crouch view and what blotch?

The buttocks are unusually bright because they have the same colors as the hood, it seems.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

DeadManWalking

...you mean the same colors as the rest of the robe?

SilvasRuin

No, I meant the front crouch.  Right in the middle is mostly black pixels with a couple brown, and it's there on every palette.

Kagebunji

Silvas is correct. And portrait has too many black, or dark, or whatever outlines

DeadManWalking

Here's another preview, this should have fixed most of the problems people had.

[attachment=1:yh9l30pp]Healer Preview.png[/attachment:yh9l30pp]

[attachment=0:yh9l30pp]Healer2.bmp[/attachment:yh9l30pp]