• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 11:29:39 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Desperation --- Roleplay of Pairs

Started by Taichii, January 18, 2012, 02:48:37 am

st4rw4k3r

February 05, 2012, 09:57:42 pm #100 Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:23:31 pm by st4rw4k3r
    *GROWL* McCloud hopped out of bed with lightning speed drawing his sword. His eyes, dashes across the room, his body read to lunge, his sword to strike. *GROWL* He looked do at his stomach.

"Cipher.... Feed yourself..." The voice of a half asleep Mother lightly echoed in the room. McCloud placed his sword back, and got up striding across the room to get apples from Mother's Bag. A Guard was riding his cart with some passengers. McCloud reached into the bag and pulled an apple out of the bag. Then another, and another, and another. soon McCloud had five apples in his possession, he walked back to his bed. The windows view showed the cart tipped over and the two passengers laying there. Where was the guard? McCloud noticed people coming near them. He dropped his apples and dashed to Mother.

Prodding her he said loudly "I think we have a fight on the streets!"

Upon hearing such, Mother jumped out of her bed. Before McCloud could even stand up, it seemed as though Mother had all her things together and was ready to leave. "What are we doing here then! Onward lets end this fight!" Mother jumped out the down of the room and belted to the entrance. McCloud quickly followed her regrettably leaving the apples behind.

"We are in every dark corner you can hid in. Run away and we stab you in the back. Look behind you and we stab you in front. There is and was no escape. We were always a step ahead of you. Your actions were nothing but a folly and the dream of a fool. Now die a coward's death. Any last words?" The words struck Mother hard, she closed the door that she had slightly cracked open to listen in on the conversation.

"Yeah they are going to kill that man. Good thing we came in time, I'm going to need you to do your thing McCloud, I'll head to the guy to see if hes okay, no doubt he will be harmed by the time I reach him, if he is not already." Mother whispers to McCloud. "On my mark you go." She opened the door slightly again.

"-ing for the Clan. Congratulations Clayton on your last minute usefulness and goodbye."

Taichii

The clouds darken once again..
Taichii felt droplets of water on his face. He suddenly began to hear rain.
"The rain season is beginning to start." He thought..
"wait a minute.. where am i? what happened?" He tried to open his eyes...
It was a blur.. He looked to his left.. and saw a figure of group of guys but he could not distinguish who is who..
he licked the tip of his left fang and blinked.. His vision improved as the droplets of rain wash away the dirt off his face..

he suddenly heard one of the guys say. "Congratulations Clayton,on your last minute usefulness and goodbye."
Taichii felt weak.. he tried to summon his great wolf.. but he can barely lift his blade.
"C'mon.. move body.. MOVE!" Taichii screamed..
The group of guys started to look at taichii.

"oh! he's still alive eh?! we'll also teach you a lesson scumbag!"
Taichii could do nothing .. He decides to lay down.. and rest.. he should recuperate his lost energy if he wants to defend himself.
He closed his eyes.. then opened them,  staring only at the pouring sky. Fresh rain and streamed across his face...
Suddenly.. He saw something blur the sky.. "what is that?" He thought.
He focused and looked into it more... he sees a familiar figure.. "that kid?" he thought....
He then heard the door from his right open..

Taichii just closed his eyes and recuperated... "Help us oh lord." He mumbled...
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

DarkShade

February 06, 2012, 03:02:43 am #102 Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:14:13 am by DarkShade
John and L are traveling towards Dorter and it begins to rain. "Hey L, let's stop under the tree there." L agreed and they stop for a while under the tree. John starts a conversation by asking how he been since they last meet. L just stared at him and said, " Well, I be recalling my memory." "What?" John said curiously, "What do you mean you didn't remember anything." " Yes, but I have recalled some of my memory." John lean forward and asked him, " What your name then?" L look up and back down to John. " My name is Micheal." John toss Micheal a loft of bead and an apple. " Here eat this." Micheal nods and begins eating. John looked into the distance and then told Micheal, " You got to tell me more about you but lets continue traveling to Dorter." John give Micheal a Hat to cover his head so the rain won't get him wet. Micheal and John took off after eating and continue heading to Dorter, but as soon as they did Micheal Fell asleep and had a dream.

Micheal was in a blank, dark room. His sword was on the floor. he sat in front of it and two souls appear from the blade. One was pure white. It seemed helpful and honest. The other look Pure Black, filled with anger and hate towards anyone. The pure white soul began talking to Micheal. "Micheal, Your goal is starting to begin. Choose the right path." Then the other interupts the pure light soul and it fades away. "Micheal," the soul continues talking to L. "I am your father, both me and the dark one is one of each your father. Your memory has be wiped from you mind and I have come to correct you on your path. Don't be afraid of me. Don't fear the corrupted anger of me either. Control your mind and you shall be able to command me, Roiyaru." The white soul then faded and everything in the room Micheal was in faded. everything went black.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Ryqoshay

February 07, 2012, 12:10:10 am #103 Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:43:43 am by Ryqoshay
   Anita sneaks quietly over to the new friend on her rooftop. (3) Without hesitation or ceremony, she shoves him, hard, over the edge. He seems like the well trained type that may know how to land in such a way as to lessen potential injury. But that simply will not do. Just as he begins to twist his body in the air, she blasts him with one of her dark daggers.

The attack is by no means fatal to one such as him, and she doesn't expect it to be, but it is most certainly painful... and distracting. Just enough distraction, in fact, to prevent the proper correction of an unplanned fall.

The man who did not so much as gasp when initially pushed, gives a small cry of alarm as his body reflexively spasms and he becomes aware of his fate. His life ends with a sickening crunch as his skull impacts the cobblestone.

One down. Lucky!

Casting causes the girl's invisibility to fade and the men on the other roofs turn their attentions on her. They will not sit quietly and allow their ally's demise to go unpunished. Two hurl what look like well-balanced throwing knives. (4, 5)

Anita uses her wings to skillfully deflect one, but the angle allows an opening for the other dagger to sneak through and strike her shoulder. The wound feels like it is burning, but she tolerates it... for now.

Charon, having recovered its magical powers during the trip to Dorter, casts a fear inducing spell on the offending assailant. (4) What terrifies a hardened assassin is anyone's guess, but his mind's eye sees something and he begins to cower in fear. It knows the effect will be woefully short, but it is better than nothing.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

st4rw4k3r

February 07, 2012, 01:12:56 am #104 Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:37:18 am by st4rw4k3r
    "Now!" Reacting to Mother's order, McCloud kicks the door open, and runs at 2 dogs and an attacker. The dogs turn to him and run at him, McCloud swings his Sword with two hands and lets go with his left hand, and pushes his weight into the strike. The Dog dies with ease as the metal cuts into its body ending all life in it. But as the blade sinks into what is now a lifeless body, the other dog latches onto McCloud's right leg, only to find a mouth full of full plate. McCloud pulled his sword back up, only to find the Ninja that was with them to be running at him. Not know what to do, McCloud kicked the dog off his leg, tilted his sword, and ran at the ninja advancing on him. the Ninja skillfully dodged out of McCloud's way, and threw a smoke grenade in his face. Blinded and in pain, McCould fell to the ground.

"Mother!" McCloud yells as he picks himself up, still blinded.

Reacting almost instantly to his plead, Mother run outside the door of the inn. "On my way honey!" She yells, as she vanishes in thin air.

Dokurider

February 07, 2012, 01:49:37 am #105 Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 02:03:31 am by Dokurider
Suddenly, (3) fell off the roof and smashed against the ground dead. Where he was standing was a strange little girl. Without (1) even muttering a word, (4) and (5) throws their Kunai at her. She deflects one, but the other lands squarely in her shoulder. "An ally of that worm, Clayton?" (1) thought. Just as he was going to order (2) to immediately snap Clayton's neck, another noise comes from across and below.

Bursting out of the Inn, an armored man confronts (6), the dog handler. His dogs are upon him, but their bites impend him little as he cut one down. "What is this? (2), make an example out of him for the whole city. (4), gas that roof! (4)?" (4) was cowering there. (4)! get off your knees and-" (6) had smoked out the armored man. A woman was running out of the Inn as well. "That bastard said no one would help him! (5)! (2)! Attack those two!" He scanned the area, but the woman had suddenly vanished. "(7)! Gas that roof!", pointing at the roof the girl was standing. "(8)! Begin gassing the exits. No body comes, no body leaves!" (8) immediately threw a gas bomb down his alley and moved to throw more. He then pointed at the hired cutthroats, "You there, earn your pay!"

As the thieves began to cautiously approach the two, (1) pulled out a phoenix down and jumped off the roof to revive his fallen clanmate. (8) and (7) dutifully chucked their gas bombs. (8)'s bomb immediately went off, while (8)'s bombs has to travel up and over the rooftops to detonate.

Taichii

Taichii breathed deeply...
He looked at what was happening around him.
"please hold them off" Taichii whispered and then closed his eyes..

One of the thieves bravely ran into taichii and lifted him from the ground..
Taichii was startled... He struggled to get out from the thieve's grip.
He looked at the ninja man, the kid and the soldier and a woman.
"A little help guys!" But it seemed that they have their hands full...
The thieves then, hearing taichii call for help, bear hugged him and started to walk towards his gang.

Taichii's back was more pressured...
He tried to lift up his scythe and blade ... but his body won't move...
In his desperate attempt to escape from the grip, He remembered what his father thought him back when they were hunting.

Taichii Inhaled Deeply...
He placed his head towards the thieve's ear...
"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHR~!!"
After Taichii screamed his lungs out, The thief quickly dropped him and covered his ear...
Taichii's body fell right below the thief.
The other thieves then rushed into the brave thief's aid... one carried taichii again and carried him over his shoulder.
Taichii then felt dizzy... He smells something... something so tempting..
He the looked down and found a scratch from the thief's exposed arm.
Taichii's fangs got sharper... He felt thirsty... Cold sweat ran down through his face.
Taichii swallowed his saliva as he thinks of his next move.

"Desperation"

Lijj

Firkon still analyzing the mystifying writing on the portico of the ruinous structure leans back at it as he slowly walks under it. 'What is this place?' He sees  that it is a hall with another portal on the far end in the middle, just ahead are two statues of bronze around a monstrance with another much larger monolith. Firkon sees that  each of the statues are armed; one has a curved sword and a shield with to letters on it, the other is holding a hand-axe. 'Just what I need!' Firkon dashes towards it and starts pulling... It wont budge. "Slime".. "help me" he begins to concentrate his thoughts at slime.
(see pic in OCC thread lol)
Slime glides up to the base of the statue.. An extension of slime blasts the gauntlet clutching the axe, it's concentrated mass heats the bronze quickly.. in a moment the entire hand is red-orange. Within another moment the axe falls to the ground... KerLunk!
Firkon mirthfully touches the axe and burns his hand a little in haste. He realizes he has to let it cool before he can have his treasure. 'Maybe that's what I get for doing this' he thinks to himself.
Suddenly there is a ruckus as if a few boulders were knocked of the wall. He turns and sees perched upon the wall across the way a gargoyle moving, its eyes flash canid like and it open its wings about to swoop down.
The axe is too hot still so he runs to his left and takes hold of his hatchet.
The gargoyle has no problem catching up with the running boy, Firkon is taken down hard with a virulent sting from the swooping monster's tail. Firkon cries out as he collapses. The gargoyle takes a round about gliding turn and swoops down onto Firkon with its gnarly feet clawing into his flesh. Now resting on Firkon's chest pinning him down the snarling monster starts to strike him with both arms. Seeming bored with its prey or in a moment of victory the gargoyle lets up to fly in a circle above Firkon. 'I can't die here'.. He sees Slime coming up to him and the gargoyle again swooping down. Gargoyle almost lands on top of Firkon again but slime splashes up and catches its feet. The stone monster hit the ground with a ground shaking crash then starts flailing around. A couple pieces of stone hit Firkon pretty hard but he manages to get up and runs toward the new found treasure.
The gargoyle is putting up an intense struggle writhing around like a giant insect. The thrashing is so intense Firkon can't come in for a hit. It manages to free one of it's feet from slime. Firkon Takes out his goblin's hatchet and tries to hit the gargoyle with it; he does, but it just pings right off. Slime starts turning orange and melts the gargoyles other foot off. Firkon takes cover but fortunately the gargoyle takes off for good.. at least for now.
  • Modding version: PSX

MysticKnightFF5

Half an hour passes and the fighting continues. I almost feel like we're outmatched here. I look up at Undine panting--who's brilliant powers have been slowly weakening over time--and decide I need to get back my Masamune from her stomach. It's how we're going to defeat this thing...
Mira stood behind me preparing yet another cast, this one appears to be Wall, judging loosely by the words...but I can hardly tell one chant from another.
I can barely stand, my legs are clearly shaking and judging by Undine, she can tell I'm on my last rope. Spikes of ice jut from the ground to strike against me, as they draw near, I swing Ama no Murkamo about, creating a holy zephyr which strikes the pillars down, then another swing later, I bring down Kikuichimonjo, striking Undine once more, forcing her into a stagger.
I drop both blades and from my back, draw the sword passed unto me by the Chieftain.
Save the Queen shimmers brilliantly, creating a barrier around my queen and myself. My guard up, I dash at Undine.

DarkShade

It continued to rain normally. Micheal was still fast asleep on the chocobo unaware of everthing going around him, while John was walking in front of the chocobo. "Looks like it won't stop raining, well I'll get used to it," John said to himself. "I got a hour left till we get there." They continued to head towards Dorter Trade City.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Ryqoshay

Mere moments after the gas bomb explodes in her face, Anita beings coughing. This stuff is different than that which Not-the-Mama used earlier. Not-the-Mama's vapors had made her feel funny, not quite dizzy, but almost. This new cloud burns like the dagger's wound, only inside her.

"What..." she manages to get out between hacks "is it... with you... guys... and gas?"

The girl teleports behind the cowering ninja-guy (4), leaving her double to continue a tremendous, if possibly over-dramatic, coughing fit in the middle of the cloud. The ploy works, as the other ninja-guy (5) throws another knife, striking the double square in the forehead. The image's neck snaps back, dragging the rest of its body backwards with it. Losing its footing, it sprawls out onto the roof in a heap of tangled limbs and wings.

Not a second after, Charon reapplies its frightful magic, ensuring the victim (4) continues its terrible nightmare.

st4rw4k3r

February 11, 2012, 08:10:53 pm #111 Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:32:28 pm by st4rw4k3r
    McCloud's eyes were in pain, he could not open them. Forced to rely on his hearing to find the enemy, he stopped moving and listened carefully. But all that was heard was the screaming of what sounded to be kid. Sighing at his predicament at the moment. At that very moment a forcefully strike hit McCloud's armour, McCloud wrenched around and struck the attacker powerfully with the hilt of his blade. Luckily the kid stopped screaming at this point, but unluckily McCloud was knocked to the ground by a large slobbering creature.

Mother watched as one of the young boys was snatched up by one of the thief looking enemies. The boy seemed to not do anything for a moment, but quickly began yelling at the top of his lungs. Mother shook her head, and grabbed the other boy that was not being captured. She would have gladly taken both of them, but sadly she can not fight. Upon picking up the boy, he disappeared with Mother. She turned and ran back to the Inn with him in her arms.

McCloud is blind from the smoke bomb exploding in his face.
McCloud knocked out a Monk-Ninja.
McCloud was knocked to the ground by the second dog.

Mother grabbed Clayton and ran to the Inn.
Mother and Clayton both are invisible, and Mother has yet to turn visible this entire fight.

Dokurider

February 11, 2012, 10:00:24 pm #112 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:05:40 pm by Dokurider
While (1) was tossing a Phoenix Down on (3), the gang of thieves ran past him, with Taichii slung over his shoulder. "What is this? Those dirty traitors!" This was unforgivable: no one crosses the Black Platypus. As he turned to start giving orders, he saw that Clayton had disappeared. This was unbelievable. "Taichii isn't our priority, but such disrepect cannot be tolerated," (1) thought. "but we can't lose Clayton either."

He decided to split up the team between pursuing the thieves and finishing off Clayton. "(5), (7), the thieves have double crossed us, let's chase them down. The rest of you find and finish off Clayton." Before he left, he pulled out a Hyper Needle and injected (3) with it. "Kill them all." (1) commanded. (3)'s eyes opened, wanting nothing but the enemies' blood. (7) threw a bomb down the ally she was at and followed orders. (8) finished his orders of bombing the southernmost exit.

Taichii

February 12, 2012, 03:56:18 am #113 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:15:29 pm by Taichii
as taichii's temptation widens, his throat felt dry....
"fight it..."" he thought...
Then a voice whispered in his ear...
"submit to your insticts...you can never change what you are... hahahaha!"
The voice of his ancestor still lingers inside his head...

The thieves started to take him away...
As they ran down a dark alley, taichii's chest began to hurt.
He remembered that if he consumes blood, it can help him regenerate..
"There must be another way" taichii thought while still struggling to move.

"c'mon body.. move..." he softly whispered...
"OH! this boy's still has his senses.." The thief that was beside the one carrying him grabbed taichii's hair.
"we're gonnna make a fortune because of you boy... thank you very much! hahahaha!"
The thief said..
as the thieves giggle... he could not fight his senses anymore... he has been fighting it since he was in the forest...
His eyes turned pure bloodshot... "Let it consume you... Feel the anger..." The voice said.

Taichii looked at the thief's wound... He then sank his sharp fangs into the thief's lower back and ripped it's flesh.
His frenzy was starting again as the thief screamed.. They both dropped on the floor and Taichii felt an ounce of energy that made him pursue the thief and sucked the blood that was flowing from his lower back...

The thieves, then startled, tries to separate the boy from his comrade.
As one of the thieves kicked taichii's abdomen, Taichii lost his grip and inched away from the thieves...
The deaf thief tried to help his wounded ally.. while the two other thieves walked towards taichii.
as both of them unleashed their sharp daggers, they got surprised as taichii stood up...
He dropped his blade and stabbed the ground with his scythe....
one of the thieves then, lunged towards taichii...
As the blade of the thief's dagger neared taichii's abdomen, Taichii punched the thief to his right, sending the thief crashing into the alley walls. Taichii laughed in an evil manner.
He looked directly at the other thief that was beginning to back away and quickly dashed towards him.
As the thief turned around to run, Taichii quickly grabbed his head and nape... Taichii looked on the thief's nape and plunged his fangs into the thief's neck.
As the deaf thief witneess what happened, he carried his wounded comrade and  ran towards the end of the alley...
Taichii then sucked the blood and life out of the thief...replenishing his energy as he gulps down ounces of blood...
Suddenly, he regained his senses and was shocked of what he has done... he quickly spit some of the blood that was left on his mouth and dropped the thin lifeless thief.

His eyes widened... "Shit... i couldn't fight it... it shouldn't have been this way!"
Taichii shouted... "nooooo!"
Figures of shadow loomed around the alleyway where he came from...
He looked closely and saw that there were three men walking towards him...
Taichii dashed to his scythe and blade.. preparing for what will happen next.

"Desperation"

Ryqoshay

February 13, 2012, 02:15:23 pm #114 Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 12:37:47 am by Ryqoshay
   "Hey!" Anita shouts, pointing at the ninja-guy who seems to be in charge (1). "No fair bringing bac the guy I rightfully sent away first!" She blinks and glances about for a second. "Where is Mama?" She asks, her voice a few decibels lower.

"Recollection: Thieves abducted." Charon intones within her mind, while painting a mental image of the events that transpired outside of her perception.

"Not-the-Mama is gone too..." The girl observes, ignoring the poisoned dagger that buries itself in her side. For the briefest of intervals, she considers re-gifting the present from whichever new friend had sent it. Perhaps she should send it instead to the newly risen guy whose neck and skull appear to have recovered nicely. No, there are more important issues at hand. She quickly teleports over the area her guardian designated, leaving her image to stick its tongue out and taunt those who mean Mama harm.
   For its part, the scythe casts one last terror spell on the pitiful soul (4) who has been locked out of the fight since the start.

"Mama!" The angelic impersonator cries upon seeing the vision of carnage that has been wrought upon the offending thieves.

Dokurider

(1) and his entourage stopped at the sight of the boy drinking the blood out of one of the traitor thieves. "He's a vampire?", (7) exasperated. (1) noticed one of the thieves fleeing down the ally and another one on the ground reeling. He immediately threw a kunai at both, expertly striking them in the back and stomach respectively. The sheer potency of the poison immediately dropped the fleeing thief. Both thieves were dead a minute later.

As (1) began to approach, a shrill voice broke out over them. "Mama!" (1) immediately looked up at the girl flying above them. "But I thought we-" he stopped himself, what is is what is, no use complaining.

(1) coolly addressed the both of them. "It seems we have two supernatural creatures among us. That explains why there is such a strong interest in you, but it seems the wrong people are chasing you. Vampire extermination is usually the work of the Church, but that's beside the point." (1)'s team readied themselves, kunai in hand and (5) readying a black bomb in hand.

"You seems thirsty, vampire. Here, have some of mine." He cut himself with his own kunai. The poison introduced to him joined the rest of the poisons coursing through his veins. Then he splattered the boy's face with his blood. "Don't look so conflicted. You can have as much as you want. Just ask." (1)'s team snickered in knowing that this boy was dead if he gave into his urges. "Asking you to surrender is obviously a waste of time, so both of you can just prepare to die. Douse him, (5)."

(5) immediately threw his ball at the boy, covering the boy's front completely with oil. Simultaneously, (7) threw two kunai at the girl and (1) threw his kunai at him as well. (5) began to rush straight at the boy, his Heat Knife drawn out of it's sheath. It's red hot blade was instantly turning the rain it touched into steam.

Mirthean Ascael

February 14, 2012, 01:51:34 am #116 Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:56:13 pm by Mirthean Ascael

Merchant City of Dorter. A city that developed as a hub for overland trade. It is a lively place frequented by all manner of merchants.

Ah yes, Dorter. The trading hub for the nearby Kingdoms of Lesalia, Gallione and Lionel. It has been awhile since Mirth visited this City for trade business. Somehow, the market up in Ordallia fared much better compared to those in the Ivalice region; especially those around Gallione.

This year; Mirthean would be concentrating on the Ivalice region. He wanted to get the good he got from Ordallia to flow around the routes in this part of the continent. Trade has been quite stagnant in the past few months; though he wasnt exactly sure what was going on, as he was concentrating on Ordallia more due to its sudden boom in the mining and weapons industry. There wasn't any war starting, but more and more of the nobles seem to invest in more weaponry for their properties. Incursions by thieves, holdups, abductions and the likes are on the top of discussions in every Pub in the area.

Will Ivalice end up like Ordallia? Mirthean wanted to know and see how things would flow in the trade industry here. There have been a few stories regarding wanted criminals in the locale, but he hasnt been able to do proper research yet. It was a long journey to the Merchant City; and rest was something he was looking forward to.

The Rain was still pouring when he finished his Mystic services for a couple he encountered along the road to the inn where he was planning to stay. The couple lived just a couple of blocks away from the inn; but it was situated deep in the alleyways. Mirthean was glad that he could stay over at the rickety house till the rain dissipated a bit. It was small and cramped; and barely fit 3 people, but it gave of a warm feeling to those who stayed in it. Simple and cozy, fit for the old couple he met.

As he bade goodbye to the two, Mirthean gathered his stuff and proceeded to walk towards the main road again, hoping to reach the Inn before breakfast.

"Tawny Traveller Inn, eh?"

Click for Character Sheet

Taichii

"MAMA!!!"
Taichii heard a familiar voice from above. it was the little kid.. he looked at the roof and found the kid staring at him... As he glanced back at the shadows that were trailing him in the alley, a strange liquid was splattered on his face..
"You seems thirsty, vampire. Here, have some of mine."
the shadow on the middle said (1)
"What is that tempting smell?" Taichii thought... He decides to try and taste that oh so tempting delicacy thatwas splattered on his face but then, one of the shadows (5) threw a strange ball that hit taichii. it splattered and covered taichii with oil.
"What is that putrid smell?" he thought, then decided not to taste it because it didn't seem apetizing anymore.
The other shadow (7) then threw kunais at the little kid.
"oh shit!" Taichii remarked...
The other shadow that threw oil at him(5) quickly lunged at him... the middle shadow(1) also threw kunai knives at him...

Taichii quickly deducted his thoughts.. he got back to his senses and he felt regenerated.
He quickly lifted his blade and swung it which deflected the knives that arrived quicker than the shadowy figure.
The figure that lunged towards taichii was getting near.
Taichii lifted his blade and summoned his great wolf...
"awoooooooo~!"  The loud howl of the wolf echoed throughout the alley..
As he emerged, The walls of the alleyways collapsed.
Taichii then jumped towards the roof top as his wolf opens his mouth and bites the arriving shadow..
Taichii for the first time on his own decision, decides to use his scythe to attack.
Taichii spins in the air and shouted "Crez Ventez!"
The scythe generated red lightning... He swinged his scythe downwards unleashing a beam of red lightning that mixes with the raindrops and strikes where the shadowy figures are.

The morning rain on the slums gets heavier...

"Desperation"

Lijj

February 14, 2012, 11:48:56 pm #118 Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:20:05 am by Lijj
Firkon is pretty battered from the encounter with the living stone gargoyle. He looks around briefly for the goblin hatchet but doesn't bother putting much effort into it; the way it pinged off that creature is not an experience Firkon will soon forget about. The axe he now carries is too heavy for him to lug around almost... especially right now. Slime tells him in it's oddly telepathic way to put the axe on top of him. Firkon does so and the axe slowly seeps into slime's being. 'I can hold on to anything for you.' he receives.
They leave the grand chamber away from the ancient structure into a long slightly illuminated part of the cavern; there is a phosphorescence  along the walls, he can see they have a long way to go before he will be able to get a hold of any potion or aid and it's a dreadful realization. Suddenly the ground trembles a bit.. and again. He sees boulders below him rumbling and collapsing. They find themselves being swallowed into another chamber. Luckily Firkon suffers no further pain from the rockfall; it was a slow sinking.
There is a massive automation before them standing in armor, holding a sword the size of the boy himself. The face of a humanoid machine lights up. "You have disrupted the burial ground of the founders of Davwar." You may not pass. You may not return." 'So the gargoyle was just an unrelated fluke' Firkon thinks to himself and trembles, 'this is the true guardian of that shrine.'
  • Modding version: PSX

st4rw4k3r

February 15, 2012, 03:39:54 am #119 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:56:25 pm by st4rw4k3r
   2 approaches the settling smokescreen. He watches the knight tangle desperately with the war hound on top of him. It only hasn't ripped his throat out yet is because of the very plate armor that keeps him from getting up. He walks over to 6, who is beginning to recover from the blow the knight gave him.
   "Get up, and call off your dog," he growled.
   "But, 1 ordered us to-"
   "I don't care what he said. Do it now." 6 stared at 2 in trying to make sense of his new orders, but 2 increasingly impatient demeanor geared him into action.
   "Heel boy! Over here boy!" he clearly barked out. The hound complied immediately, running towards the sound of his master's voice.
   2 walked over to the fallen knight, and offered his hand. The Knight looking ashamed of himself, accepted this persons gesture and reached for his hand.
   "Thank you Sir," The knight says to the man. As soon as the knight grabbed his hand, he used Chakra on him, then used Stigma Magic.
   "Wow, I don't know what to say." McCloud replied. The smoke cleared up enough for him to see his helper, was a ninja.
   Just then, the sound of rushing feet against pavement came from behind. 3 was rushing towards the knight, with nothing but his destruction on his mind. McCloud quickly reacted to the Ninja running at him by readying his sword, but 2 wasn't even remotely fazed as he disinterestedly plucked him off the ground with his free hand. And cured him of his "madness". 3's body suddenly remembered it's weakness and hung there like a wet noodle.
   "3, 8, 6; leave us and join the rest of the team." He turned to 4's direction, who was still cowering on the rooftop. "That includes you too, 4." 4 went stiff, his fear and indecision keeping him rooted to the spot. The team, not sure what was going on, hesitantly started to leave. 2 healed 3 before letting him down to follow his orders. "I said LEAVE. NOW." he bellowed, particularly at 4. He grabbed a kunai and threw it at him. 4 scurried out the way of the kunai and jumped away to the next rooftop. The rest of the team made it's way to joining the rest of their team.
   2 Turned to McCloud. "Now that the field is a little more even, You know, I've been itching for a good fight for a long time." Confused, McCloud put his readied blade down. "I'm a monk: It's my nature."
   "I see..." The Knight replied
   "But becoming an executioner was my worst mistake. See, being executioner means killing weaken fools. Not even the cowards that flee get my blood going anymore." He smiled brightly. "But tonight, I fight a worthy opponent"
   "What makes you think I am worthy?"
   He backs up, giving the knight and himself some space. "I have a feeling." He rolls his head around to shake off his stiffening boredom. "But I really don't know. Try not to let me down." He assumes a fighting stance, and beams a malicious smile. "I hope you're ready, because I like killing as much as I like fighting." He lets out a little laugh.
   McCloud shakes his head and pulls his blade up awaiting the Ninja's command "Please, oh god please let me live. What would Mother do without me." McCloud thought.
   "I guess I make the first move." his eyes twinkled with delight. At the snap of his fingers, he became a beast. As he closes the distance, he raises his now glowing hand. As he sends his fist flying forward, the energy flies off his fist at the knight.
   McCloud dashes to the left avoiding the Monk's Strike. "I the case I die, could you do me a favour?" McCloud jumps forward towards the Monk ready to strike. 2 curls his fist into a punishing ball, seeking to sink itself into the Knight's stomach. He welcomes any strike the knight can throw at him.
   "What could you possible want? I only want a good fight." he asks irritatedly.
   "Would you go for a kill though?" McCloud pulls his blade down on the monk. <speed break>
   The monk sinks his fist into the knight's armored gut. "Of course. To fight and kill, that's what I live for."
   "Well could you-" is cut off by the blow. He pulls he sword with both hands down on the Monk. <power break>
   The knight's strikes have left him weaker and slower. "Not bad, Knight, not bad at all" His fist rushes in searching for his face. McCloud rams into the knight with all his weight. 2's fist fails to find his target as he is pushed back. 2 begins to jab aimlessly at the air. His jabs begin to pick up speed. Eventually his jabs repeat themselves into a blur. He closes the distance once again and begins to pummel the knight with his invisible jabs. Not seeing what was coming for him, McCloud ran right into the monks blows, his quick jabs denting his mail and breaking some parts open. 2's fists hammer his body over and over again, like the very rain that pours onto them.
   "Gah, I'll have to get my Armour repaired!" Yells a displeased McCloud.
   2 finishes off his flurry with a fist across the face, sending the knight back. "That armor doesn't seem all that useful." McCloud hits the ground with a loud metal thud "For instance, can you get up?"
   "I..."
   2 walks over to the downed knight and lifts his leg u and slams it heel first into the knight's chest, the metal dented in hitting McCloud in the chest. "'Especially when under attack by the enemy?'"
   "Its.... A sign.... of my rank...."
   2 was taken aback with laughter.
   "As is... my blade!" McCloud pulls his arm up and strikes as best he could.
   2's laugh was interrupted by the sword slicing his leg. He hissed in pain, like he stubbed his toe." McCloud begins to mutter words under his breath "Hmph. Well played, Knight."
   McCloud raises his left hand slightly, and yells "Holy!"
   "What?! 2's eyes widen in shock. A large smile covers McClouds face, as a large tower of light rains down upon the Monk. 2 grunts in pain as the holy energy pours through him, snaking and surging through seemingly every crevice through his body.
   "That should wash away your sins." McCould sarcastically retorts.
   The attack was intense, but 2 manages to keep standing. "Maybe not. He drops to a knee." He starts to laugh. "And I thought you knights were too principled to be effective." His body begins to re-heal, his Chakra beginning to undo the holy damage.
   "hahaha! To tell you the truth Sir, I left knighthood to protect someone. So sorry to say, but I'm coming out of this, alive. She needs me." McCloud uses his sword to push himself into a crouch, and to further let him stand. "I have a few tricks for getting up"
   "Alive? I don't think so," he growled as his fist begins to surge with dark power. Nothing sets me alive more, than the look of someone doomed to die, he thought to himself. A step became a full on rush as he sets to end his opponent. McCloud pulls his sword back like a bat and strikes right at the monks so to be striking arm. The magic dissipates from his hand as the sword slices deeply into his arm. He drops to the ground, and swings his leg around to try to sweep the knight off the ground. The Knight falls to the ground again, but this time laughing.
   "That must hurt like hell, yet you're Laughing? You're on the ground again, like a helpless little turtle." he leaps and sits onto the knight.
   "But, its funny, the only reason I am out here is because I wanted a snack!"
   2 seemingly ignores this comment, and proceeds to beating the knight's face. McCloud lets the Monk beat the shit out of him but as the Monk is beating on him, McCloud seems to gain a slightly glowing light around him. "See? What did I tell you? You're-" McCloud's wounds seem to be mending them self.
   "Now might I ask you a question. Whats a fist full of metal like?" McCloud pulls his left arm up and smashes his fist into the monk's side. He took the blow, and was partially knocked off the knight's body. "So monk, tell me about yourself"
   "There's nothing you need to know about me." He gets up. "But there is more to you than meets the eye," he begins to use Chakra on himself. "How would someone like you become allies with some one like Clayton"
   "When one looks out his window, he meets many."
   "What does that supposed to mean!?"
   "I woke up to eat a snack and saw the kid and you guys," he continues laughing. "You know the best-est part, I haven't gotten any sleep! And I've been walking for days! I don't know this "clayton". But seeing as Mother has him, I will get to know him quite well!"
   "You mean you risked- sacrificed your life for a complete stranger? Someone as pathetic as him? Just when I thought you were better than most knights."
   "That is bad? If I were to look at it in your view, I would see it as a better chance to fight more. since I am stuck with a pacifist all damn day. I'm quite glad I joined the fight, I haven't been in such a fight in years!"
   2 paused briefly. "Hmph. I guess you're right."
   "If you win this fight, what will you do? Will you go back to that man, and fight what he says for no reason"
   "...I will not end up like the fool Clayton, if that's what you're getting at."
   "I have no idea what that kid did, nor to I care at the given moment. But does it anger you that he, your leader, pushes you around and you follow all he says? Why do you follow as he says, do you have a code similar to that of a knight?"
   "I follow for the glory of the Clan, for the respect and prominence of my family and to honor my ancestors."
   "I see. But couldn't you get honour from traveling 'bout and fighting enemy that are 'worthy'?"
   "I get honor by doing as I'm told. Assassinate the enemy. Crush those that oppose our will."
   "hmm, interesting"
   "Speed. Efficiency. Ruthlessness. That is our creed."
   "You are a knight then, and I, an assassin. We do the exact same jobs, following as we are told, for honour.
   "Don't make me laugh. If you're trying to escape your fate, you're just wasting your time."
   "No, I have already healed all my wounds while we chatted sir. I'm just mildly thinking aloud."
   "As have I. But you're still on the ground. And I am not."
   "Seems we are back to square one. What can I say, I have an attachment to the ground."
   2's hand began to glow black with Aura again. "I hope you enjoy the ground enough to be buried in it."
   "only one way to find out, shall we?"
   2 lunges then pounces forward to the knight, and he hits the knight directly in the chest, the magic invading his body. The Knight's laughter stopped suddenly.
   "Hmph. Died rather quickly." He takes off the helmet and checks his pulse to make sure he is dead. Nothing, his heart stopped. "Hmph, another warrior as fallen to me," he says as he rises. "Now, I do not know where Clayton went, but he could not have gone far."
   2 looks at the inn, wondering if someone might have seen where he could have gone. No one would dare lie to him. He sees the face of a girl out of one of the windows looking at him.
   "I suppose I'll start with her." He says to himself as he walks off and into the inn.

"Why hello sir how are you doing on such a rainy day?" The women greets him, she is wearing a long red robe.
   "Did you see an injured man come in here?"
   "I did" She points to the bathes. "He went to the bathes."
   'What a fool,' he thought. "Take me to him."
   "Alright! Follow me!"
   "Hold it." Too foolish, he thought. No one eludes the Black Platypus by being stupid, he can't be just taking a bath.
   "I want that man to come with." pointing to the innkeeper. The Innkeeper looked up and walked to 2.
   "oh um, alright," replied to the women. She pushes some of her hair behind her ears, and turns around heading to the bathes. 2 follows behind closely.
   "Follow her," said 2 to the innkeeper.
   The women opens the door and steam pours into the rest of the Inn, the bathes are completely filled with steam.
   'Hmph, I can't just have them here to watch me kill a man. I'll just have to take the risk.' he thought. "You may leave now," he said to the man and girl. The Innkeeper left, closing the door behind him. the women though, was too far in the bathes to hear him, or she didn't listen. He begins to make his way through the bath, looking for Clayton.
   "Oops!" a splashing sound was heard.
   As 2 heads to the sound of water, a hand wraps around his neck. The force isn't that strong, but suddenly, he can't resist it as his body falls with the hand. He leans back far enough for Clayton to place his kunai into the back of his neck And rip open his spine. His lifeless body falls against Clayton, who unceremoniously throws it to the ground.
   Mother climbs out of the water and heads to Clayton. "Did you, know this man?"
   "No, I don't"
   "hmm, alright." She looked at the body, then back at boy. "By the way, I never caught your name."
   "My name is Clayton. Clayton Mizuhara"
   "Nice to meet you Clayton. I am as I said to you when you awoke, my name is Mother"
   "Just Mother?"
   "Yes." She looks at the body. "Very good job following my instructions, I figured I would have to save you again. Oh can I have my Mantle back?"
   Clayton gives the mantle back to her. "We should get out of here," he said turning to the door.
   Mother took the Mantle and tossed it over the body, turning it invisible. She reached down and grabbed him.
   "Agreed. Lets head up to my room and grab my stuff. Then outside I have a tin man to take care of."
   "They'll be looking for us soon. We can go to my house.'"
   "oh? That will be a good plan. Will McCloud be happy to hear we are traveling once more...."
   "It's not perfect, but it does have a lot of escape routes, and it's not very far."
   "Perfect for me, where might we find it?"
   "I'll show you there when you get ready."
   Mother looks down. "I'm soaking I hope its hot where we are going...." She walks out the bathes with the invisible body and heads upstairs, with Clayton following behind her. Upstairs, Mother gathers her and McClouds things and places all the apples back in her bag
   "Hmm. Looks like he was going to have a snack... Lucky you he was hungry."
   More evidence that the gods are toying with me. Clayton thought.
   "Done here, shall we go get my friend?"
   "Let's go, yes."
   She finishes strapping her back on, and heads out the Inn. Outside, McCloud is laying face to the sky with his helmet open.
   Clayton heads out of the inn, looking both ways, carefully looking for possible hostiles. The sounds of ragin combat is heard to his left and the hysterical laughing of McCloud.
   "I'm a turtle, like he said!" His attentions shifts to Mother. "Mother! Your spells I just love them! But I would like a hand more at the moment..."
   Clayton immediately goes to the Knight to help him up, as he wants to get out of here quickly.
   "Thank you, you must be Clayton. I heard a lot about you, well actually a tad. I am sorry, so tried, I can't think straight..."
   "Yes, that is me." He quickly changes the subject. "Look, we need to leave now. We are going to my house to hide out for a bit.'"
   Mother walks over and places her hands on both of them, and says quietly "reraise".
   "I agree lets go." Mother replied
   "Wait, where are we going, I need new armour...." McCloud protested.
   Mother places the invisible man on McCloud's shoulder, and whispers to McCloud. "Your friend." She turns and looks at Clayton. "Lead, quickly."
   Clayton nods and leads the way.