• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Zetaro

Everyone will know the name Zetaro!

Cheetah

I would say since there is already an established naming convention for what you are doing, that it would be rather misleading/confusing/pointless to rename it.

Just leave it 1.4 unless you are making real changes to the story.
Current Projects:

Dome

Quote from: philsov on February 19, 2011, 11:56:17 am
150 multiplier is just too high in general for PA, MA, or speed and makes for some major imbalances, especially early on.  See below.  135 SPM, similarly, is just flat out too good. 

Knight speed:  1-99 = 5 to 8
Ninja speed: 1-99 = 9 to 14

A level 1 ninja will have more speed than a level 99 knight. 

Here's a spreadsheet:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1737.20

Thanks for pointing that
Numbers can (And 99% will) be changed if it's needed...do you have any suggestion? Not very good with them... is 90 100 110 120 130 better?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

EpicSolidSnake

Wait...wy don't we just use : FFT : Hacktics Edition ?

I mean..i think it was your plan before right...?
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

EpicSolidSnake

By the way, i think you gonna change the sage class right? (To necromancer)

I totally support this, Sage skills is not very....userfull later on, because most enemies are immune to status attacks...making it near useless.
Aslo making the undead revive at 100%, yeah, this will make me want to use em...for the frist time ever.

Lol, this will make me want to take the *Undead* chalenge...Ramza being the necromancer

Dome

Quote from: EpicSolidSnake on February 20, 2011, 01:09:21 am
Wait...wy don't we just use : FFT : Hacktics Edition ?

I mean..i think it was your plan before right...?

I cannot call it FFHacktics edition, because at the moment it isn't a community project...

Dome

Quote from: EpicSolidSnake on February 20, 2011, 01:20:23 am
By the way, i think you gonna change the sage class right? (To necromancer)

I totally support this, Sage skills is not very....userfull later on, because most enemies are immune to status attacks...making it near useless.
Aslo making the undead revive at 100%, yeah, this will make me want to use em...for the frist time ever.

Lol, this will make me want to take the *Undead* chalenge...Ramza being the necromancer.

PS : Normally i would have posted this here : FFT 1.4 Planned changes but that tread is locked...

Even if I'd like to (I love undeads, they will gain some major buff) I don't think it will be possible to make a necromancer class, because there are almost no formula to support that and balancing the class would be very hard...
Instead of the sage, I hope to implement the red or the blue mage...

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: Dome on February 20, 2011, 05:06:03 am
Even if I'd like to (I love undeads, they will gain some major buff) I don't think it will be possible to make a necromancer class, because there are almost no formula to support that and balancing the class would be very hard...
Instead of the sage, I hope to implement the red or the blue mage...

Hmm....true.(I think i tried a year ago to make the necro class for my own patch, but i never were happy with it.)

I don't mind the Red or Blue mage, those are better that the sage class, at less for me, i never really found it helpfull overall. (It was sometime, but more that half the time, it was a waste of turns)

Personally, id pefer the blue mage, this gives you an reison to fight random battles, but you will keep getting that blue dagger glitch, but...personally, i don't mind it.

The Red mage would be a mix of weak white and black magic anyway...unless you throw in a few unique skills to the Red mage, i don't think id ever use it.
Id use a black mage having the full white magic skills set over the Red mage because you still get variety in spells and have acess to the powerfull ones too. (Like Flare and Holy.)

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: Dome on February 20, 2011, 05:04:47 am
I cannot call it FFHacktics edition, because at the moment it isn't a community project...

Oh well, it WILL soon!

How about this name for now, FFT : New Hope

Because the original creator left us with the old 1.3 behind him,(and almos ruined this site in the progress) we managed to keep this site alive and we are trying to give that old patch an new life for the better, that will become our trademark patch soon.

I think that name fits in quite well don't you think?

Dome

Quote from: EpicSolidSnake on February 20, 2011, 07:18:20 am
Oh well, it WILL soon!

How about this name for now, FFT : New Hope

Because the original creator left us with the old 1.3 behind him,(and almos ruined this site in the progress) we managed to keep this site alive and we are trying to give that old patch an new life for the better, that will become our trademark patch soon.

I think that name fits in quite well don't you think?
It may work, but I don't want drama to get inside the patch xD

Dome

If you have more ideas about jobs, feel free to speak, I'm listening :-)

GeneralStrife

I LOVE red mages. The whole reason to using a red mage is they are very flexible! White/black/time/etc. I would even throw in an Oracle spell or two. Red mage has gotta be my favorite FF job. Also Liji just redid the Red Mage sprite, so I am excited.

Dome

Indeed a buggy fight xD
IMMA FIX THIS NAOW

P.s: Thanks a lot, you are finding a lot of bugs!

Dome

There are 3 classes I'd like to see instead of the Sage: Red Mage, Blue mage and Necromancer (Yes, there are formulas that make the necromancer class possible...I've checked)
Red would be a mix of low-tier spells from magic jobs, Blue mage would use monster abilties and Necromancer would use spells that turns units into undeads, and then procede to buff/debuff them...

Pride

Necromancer is too gimicky and hard to pull off effectively, but I've always been a fan of Blue Mages (Red Mages always tend to be very bland to me) and I think would be preferred over the other two classes
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?