• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

I haven't decided yet, because I have other things to work on/fix before implementing new classes...(Anyway I still think that all the 3 classes I've proposed would be useful and worth a slot in a team)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

Quote from: GeneralStrife on February 20, 2011, 06:22:03 pm
RM could be a hybrid mage/melee.

Well, the sage class already is...
It has good stats/equipment options and magic abilities...

dinosaur

Oh I am so sorry, I read it wrong when you said "Each caster class will get an instant spell"

I thought you meant all abilities will be instant but you mean just ONE ability.

Dome

Lucifer_zero

Hell low, i´m still alive, only less time cuz college... -_-

About multipliers, i think that they should really reflect the class, as there is no more growth, so instead of making only 5 multipliers, make it 6 or even 7... and 3 category of multipliers, one for HP and MP, one for MA and PA e one for Speed

About Speed, some interesting values for multipliers ( with the 150 growth ) are

91 - They should be slower than most of others units, only make 9 speed at lvl 99
    Lvl 01 - Lvl 15 5 Speed
    Lvl 16 - Lvl 44 6 Speed
    Lvl 45 - Lvl 71 7 Speed
    Lvl 72 - Lvl 98 8 Speed
    Lvl 99 - Lvl 99 9 Speed

100 - The standard multiplier, and the first that unit begins with 6 speed
      Lvl 01 - Lvl 26 6 Speed
      Lvl 27 - Lvl 51 7 Speed
      Lvl 52 - Lvl 77 8 Speed
      Lvl 78 - Lvl 99 9 Speed

102 - The first multiplier that will make someone end with 10 speed
        Lvl 01 - Lvl 22 6 Speed
        Lvl 23 - Lvl 47 7 Speed
        Lvl 48 - Lvl 72 8 Speed
        Lvl 73 - Lvl 96 9 Speed
        Lvl 97 - Lvl 99 10 Speed

112 - The first multiplier that will make someone end with 11 speed
          Lvl 01 - Lvl 07 6 Speed
          Lvl 08 - Lvl 30 7 Speed
          Lvl 31 - Lvl 52 8 Speed
          Lvl 53 - Lvl 74 9 Speed
          Lvl 75 - Lvl 97 10 Speed
          Lvl 98 - Lvl 99 11 Speed

117 - The first where the char will begin with 7 speed
            Lvl 01 - Lvl 22 7 Speed
            Lvl 23 - Lvl 43 8 Speed
            Lvl 44 - Lvl 65 9 Speed
            Lvl 66 - Lvl 86 10 Speed
            Lvl 87 - Lvl 99 11 Speed

122 - The first multiplier that makes speed end at 12
              Lvl 01 - Lvl 15 7 Speed
              Lvl 16 - Lvl 35 8 Speed
              Lvl 36 - Lvl 56 9 Speed
              Lvl 57 - Lvl 76 10 Speed
              Lvl 77 - Lvl 97 11 Speed
              Lvl 98 - Lvl 99 12 Speed

131 - The last multipliers that end with 12 speed
                Lvl 01 - Lvl 03 7 Speed
                Lvl 04 - Lvl 22 8 Speed
                Lvl 23 - Lvl 42 9 Speed
                Lvl 43 - Lvl 61 10 Speed
                Lvl 62 - Lvl 80 11 Speed
                Lvl 81 - Lvl 99 12 Speed

Another interesting values are 101, 111 and 121, as they are the last multipliers that char would end with less 10, 11 and 12 speed, respec. ( Yes... sort of pattern ).

IMHO 12 as end speed is good, maybe 13 could be better, but at early levels that would make speed char to much fast, 91 is a good min value, as it make the unit slower than any other for most of game, and on lvl 99 make it speed standard with someone with 100 or 101 multiplier, if you really want to make someone more slow ever, then 90 should be the minimum multiplier, lower than this make the unit too much slow for most of game

With 91 as minimun and 122 as maximum values, the min~max speed looks like

Lvl 01 - Lvl 14 5 ~ 7 Speed
                  Lvl 15 - Lvl 15 6 ~ 7 Speed
                  Lvl 16 - Lvl 35 6 ~ 8  Speed
                  Lvl 36 - Lvl 43 6 ~ 9 Speed
                  Lvl 44 - Lvl 57 7 ~ 9 Speed
                  Lvl 58 - Lvl 70 7 ~ 10 Speed
                  Lvl 71 - Lvl 76 8 ~ 10 Speed
                  Lvl 77 - Lvl 97 8 ~ 11 Speed
                  Lvl 98 - Lvl 98 8 ~ 12 Speed
                  Lvl 99 - Lvl 99 9 ~ 12 Speed

... well, my sugestion about deciding the multipliers is first decide the MIN-MAX value you want, after that is more easyly make the intermediary values ^^

But stiil, Speed needs different multipliers values, it would be best if HP/MP have values they, and MA/PA to have a third set of multipliers.... but the same set for HP/MP/PA/MA could work...[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
                  My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
                  - FFT +, by Dome
                  - CCP, by Celdia

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Dome on February 20, 2011, 06:33:31 pm
                  Well, the sage class already is...
                  It has good stats/equipment options and magic abilities...

AND you wanna replace lolsage. Perfect.

Lucifer_zero

IMHO, Necromancers could be a great class, but it´s not something that´s combine with the FFT universe, maybe turn a special character into one would be better.

Red mages... it´s nice, but... making thins that others could do, and worse... if i want a versatile unit, that why i have a secondary job comand, but if still want to have Red mage, then they cant have neither Raise or Esuna or buffs or debuffs, only low~med healing and low~med damage spell.

Blue Mages, cool, i liked this one !!!!

Currently playing:
                  - FFT +, by Dome
                  - CCP, by Celdia

RavenOfRazgriz

If you want to be technical, the Vanilla Calculator is essentially a Red Mage, and 1.3's Sage is only a couple skills off from being one.

Ergo, as long as you actually give it unique skills, you can probably get away with replacing Calculator/Sage with a Red Mage, and there's no reason to arbitrarily say "all its skills need to be weak shit" beyond "Final Fantasy said so" when working with a game that's probably more influenced by Tactics Ogre.  Just remember that the Math Skill skillset incurs slowdown on Area of Effect moves for some reason, so if you decide to go over it with a class that uses Area skills, you'll likely want to flip its position in FFTP around with Knight, since Knight only uses single-target skills.

MysticKnightFF5

It does sound like a good name. I'm sure there'd be no drama, cuz it's just a name, and it does represent what could be.

RavenOfRazgriz

If we're calling this FFT: A New Hope, will there be a scene in Chapter 1 where Orlandu tells Ramza about his father before giving him his father's old sword while hiding out somewhere in Zeklaus Desert?

Lucifer_zero

When i was saying about Red Mage, i said that it need weak skills not for what you mentioned, but for having one unit that can be a good healer and still do some good damage would tend to make the class more "stronger", as i said somewhere, not only here, having a secondary job comand make every job more versatile, if you make a job that have both healing and damage, then you can feel that you have a 3 Job unit, even worse, make they have Heal, Damage and Buff/Debuff/Raise, you can have they job command as suport that can sometimes heal or damage without need of another Job command.

If you giving it unique skills, then you end with some unique skill, then this don necessary is a Red Mage ( now i´m talking about "Final Fantasy said so" )

And... Vanilla Calculator show how MATH RULEZ !!!! ( by the way, i do math on college)

Currently playing:
                  - FFT +, by Dome
                  - CCP, by Celdia

RavenOfRazgriz

Your problem is easily solved by simple balancing.  If all of the "Red Mage" skills are similar to even the 1.3 Sage - powerful, large area effects with noticeable CT and MP costs, subbing it isn't super-easy, and subbing a dedicate White Magic or Black Magic or Time Magic or Yin-Yang Magic or Summon Magic or whatever can be preferable because you're given more versatility in MP costs, CT restrictions, and actual application of each skill whereas this "Red Mage" only offers you a sample of each, good for an all-rounder unit like the "Red Mage" class itself but inferior if you actually need high end healing, or fast healing, or a quick shot of damage, or a tactical nuke, etc... because in this case, our theoretical "Red Mage" can't do any of those for us.

"Red Mage" is just a name, remember.  It can be re-imagined however it needs to be, or the class can still just be called "Sage" or "Calculator."  In the end, the name is just a perception, and if you use an inferior design choice "just because it's Red Mage and Final Fantasy" or "just because it's Priest and Final Fantasy" or similar, then your head needs a bit better of a screwing on.

Lucifer_zero

Sorry, but this is what Dome said about RedMage up there:

Quote from: Dome on February 20, 2011, 05:48:55 pm
                  Red would be a mix of low-tier spells from magic jobs

For me, he was talking about the stereotype Red Mage of Final Fantasy, not that my head have a bad function, but maybe you didn´t read it before.

Oh... but i DO MATH for life, maybe my head doesn´t works right ^^

Currently playing:
                  - FFT +, by Dome
                  - CCP, by Celdia

Scearcely

given a choice between sage, necro, red and blue.  I vote blue for a couple reasons.

least improtant, my ffxi class is blue mage and therefore I'm biased

necro can't really be implemented in a manner that makes sense.  closest to what I think of when I think necro is a summoner re-work.

redmage always just seems like a generic slot filler.  implementing/balancing doublecast is incredibly difficult, and every other role redmage ever held is filled by other classes in fft: (melee mage: oracle/geo, debuffer: oracle, quick caster: time).  sage while it technically has a unique skill set nearly all its abilities are rehashes making the class itself largely redundant

blue mage has normally been the flipside of the redmage coin, redmage gets (fairly) easy access to weak abilities other classes get(cure1, raise, tier 1~2 nukes, singletarget pro/shell, poison, slow), blue mage gets (theoretically) difficult access to equal power if not stronger abilities other classes get(whitewind, aero, mightyguard, bad breath)

the argument of redmage with a unique skill set... well I'm a traditionalist, when I see the name "Red Mage" I have certain expectations of the class, and if those expectations aren't met, I wonder why the designer/s didn't come up with a unique name for what is a unique class.  redmage is: collection of weak skills from every mage, if you're not gonna go in that direction, just don't call it redmage.  yes its petty but I have ~20 years of FF-standard red mage, its ingrained now.

Scearcely

yeah, that (hopefully unintentional) starwars tie makes it sound a bit cheesy, but I really have no ideas that wouldn't be worse.  Ideally you'd want something that reflects the storyline some.

Cheetah

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on February 20, 2011, 08:06:45 pm
                  If we're calling this FFT: A New Hope, will there be a scene in Chapter 1 where Orlandu tells Ramza about his father before giving him his father's old sword while hiding out somewhere in Zeklaus Desert?

LOLOLOLOL.
                  Current Projects:

EpicSolidSnake

Wait...wy not adding em ALL!? You could remplace the bard and dancer to those jobs, female will have acess to red mage skills, and male acess to blue mage skill, and the sage could be changed to necro.

That way, you get much more classes to use for all tastes :)

Never really liked bard and dancer, it seem a little broken for me...i once turned all the enemies into frogs with ONE nameless dance...
                  Only hapened once, but...it hapened.
                  R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on February 20, 2011, 08:06:45 pm

Thats so random hahah.

I see you guys seem to like my name, i im honored. :)
                  R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

Celdia

Yeah, the stigma of something like A New Hope being connected to Star Wars is exactly why I didn't name one of my class ideas 'Skywalker' like I wanted to. The jokes would have never stopped. Its a good name and I like the idea behind why you came up with it, its just a pity that Star Wars exists to ruin it.

Thanks for ruining something else, George Lucas!
                  • Modding version: PSX
                  • Discord username: Celdia#0