• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:26:36 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Original Jot5 Thread

Started by 3lric, October 24, 2011, 04:53:34 am

Durbs

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 04, 2012, 02:07:01 am
Unless something goes horribly wrong, I intend to have everything skill and number related (at least as far as needed for Chapter 1) finished by the end of the next week or two.  Bet we could get this out a lot sooner than March 1st at that rate...

Yeah, heard about how much progress you've made. Glad to have you here, Raven; Elric has had nothing but good things to say about your talents. :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

TONS of skillset updates have been added to the main post today as well as NEW Changelogs and To-Do lists! Everyone be sure to take a look

Pride

QuoteMake Dante/Link/Snake/Cloud immune to dismissal somehow

I'm sure it has come up but could you not just have them as guest to prevent a player from dismissing them?
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Joseph Strife

That's an idea, and make the gest controllable.

EDIT: Also i must congrat Raven, we got our abilities totaly revamped and i liked the change very much, seems more balanced, clean, and usefull now. Great Job Man, keep that up! :D
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

3lric

Quote from: Pride on January 05, 2012, 07:49:19 am
I'm sure it has come up but could you not just have them as guest to prevent a player from dismissing them?

Yea that was a thought, we were just hoping to find a way around doing it that way  :mrgreen:

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Pride on January 05, 2012, 07:49:19 am

But then they're forced into every battle instead of being able to choose whether to use them or not.  That's kind of the opposite of what's needed here.

Quote from: Joseph Strife on January 05, 2012, 08:41:57 amEDIT: Also i must congrat Raven, we got our abilities totaly revamped and i liked the change very much, seems more balanced, clean, and usefull now. Great Job Man, keep that up! :D

That's kind of been the idea.  So much of the previous stuff was honestly just impossible to implement so I just went "fuck it" and started over while talking to Elric about the new classes.  Also, I just realized I forgot to give the Priests Esuna, derp.  Not sure if I want to fix that or make use of it somewhere else.  I got 9 more Generic Classes and Bandits to get done today, after all.

Durbs

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 05, 2012, 12:15:10 pm
But then they're forced into every battle instead of being able to choose whether to use them or not.  That's kind of the opposite of what's needed here.

Look at the ASMs Xif used for KoI; one gives certain characters 'guest' status, but it makes them place-able and playable in any battle where they aren't required. I don't know the specifics, but I do remember being impressed with the end result, and I think that might be useful to look into.

Honestly, I never figured out how it worked, but maybe you'll have some success.

RavenOfRazgriz

I've never even heard of that ASM before.  I'll need to ask around.

In better news, every non-Special class now has all their R/S/M chosen out and I'm working on the skillset for Time Mage / Dimensionalist, with every class above that on the list finished.

DarkShade

Well im back! and Raven good job on the skills i was impressed and confused when i went on vacation and came back. keep it up. Also im going to be making a Side Quest in Chapter 3.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

RavenOfRazgriz

Expect updated post with every Generic Job and most R/S/M sorted out tonight from Elric.  Just knocked all that shit out.  Tomorrow's either monster balancing or implementing the classes so far, undecided yet.

3lric

Updated all the new information provided by Raven to the main post

We now have a list of ASM's that will be used in Jot5 currently, so take a look if your interested and be sure to check out the rest of the generic skillsets that Raven finished up a few hours ago.

Joseph Strife

I give the "This Skills are approved by Chuck Norris" seal to our skills, epic job Raven! :D

Also, i started making the characters Bios for JoT5, i sent Pierce a PM asking for the script for Ch.1 that will help me with this task. JoT5 team, expect some news on this for the next week. :)
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

3lric

Looking forward to it, be sure to send them to Durbs once they are done so he can look them over. Since I r suck with words.  :mrgreen:

Joseph Strife

Not only to him but all of the team, of course there will be something that needs to be included/excluded in their bios.

Taichii

Quote from: Joseph Strife on January 06, 2012, 08:23:54 am
I give the "This Skills are approved by Chuck Norris" seal to our skills, epic job Raven! :D

i second the motion LOL XD
hahaha well a lot has happened after vacation~
welcome sir raven :D
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

3lric

Updated all of Raven's new monster skillsets to the main thread today.
Be sure to take a look at them as well as the rest of the new skillsets,
RavenOfRazgriz has spent ALOT of time these last few days coming up
with all these awesome skillsets and we should all give him some serious
Props for his work thus far!

Hmm, do i smell another Episode of The Wacky Adventures Of Kage and Twin coming soon?
I think so  :mrgreen: and they may be meeting up with some other familiar faces as well :P

Joseph Strife

I can see we still miss Werewolf, Cactuar and tortoise, but so far so good, i can already tell that Tonberries will be hard enemies to fight.

Quote from: Elric42 on January 07, 2012, 09:23:12 am
Hmm, do i smell another Episode of The Wacky Adventures Of Kage and Twin coming soon?
I think so  :mrgreen: and they may be meeting up with some other familiar faces as well :P

Haha, i loved the frist one, who might be showing up now?! Release that soon! I'm eager to see it. :)

3lric

Quote from: Joseph Strife on January 07, 2012, 11:09:50 am
Haha, i loved the frist one, who might be showing up now?! Release that soon! I'm eager to see it. :)

You shall find out soon enough :P

3lric

Lots of new updates added to the thread today including

-Cactuar
-Tortoise
-Werewolf

-Animist Skillset

-More ASM's

and some other stuff thanks to Raven be sure to check them out