• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 03:37:30 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

The Damned

Quote from: "Samuraiblackbelt"
QuoteYou can charge spells despite not having enough MP at the time of casting.  You just need to toss the unit an Ether before the CT for the Spell finishes up else you get the "Not enough MP" message.

I have never seen that happen before

It can happen in vanilla. Trust me.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

So, erm, yeah... with those figured out... I'll start to compile a list of EVTCHR issues soon so some devoted spriter can start to fix them.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Samuraiblackbelt

I'm learning all sorts of new stuff about FFT while playing this patch ^_^
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Samuraiblackbelt

what's with the chairs?
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

The Damned

The Assassins were obviously giving Elmdor a lapdance before you barged in.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Samuraiblackbelt"what's with the chairs?

No, it's from the ATTACK.OUT editor.  He either was using the old version, or forgot to delete the objects.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Dokurider

Quote from: "The Damned"The Assassins were obviously giving Elmdor a lapdance before you barged in.
I'd be pissed off too if I was interrupted during a lap dance with the Assassins.

Eternal

I feel bad for the chairs. The characters are huge in comparison.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

RavenOfRazgriz

"It's payback time for all the disgrace I'm feeling right now.  I swear my penis is only so small right now because Celia and Lede just finished getting me off.  Jealous I've got two saucy hoes like these while you're left with nothing but an overly religious tentacle rape victim, aren't you, Ramza?"

Samuraiblackbelt

Beowulf is still in your roster after the scene in the bar, but you get the normal beowulf in the colliery battles.

you accidentally put the requirements for bard as level 5 thief, level 5 orator, and level 5 summoner (I checked in FFTpatcher.)

Eternal

OK, those will now be fixed in the next version. Thanks.

The Damned

Feeling better Eternal? I'll try to finally start your patch some time tonight since things went well enough yesterday, though I of course still need to do stuff that I had planned to do this morning.

Eternal

Yeah, I'm feeling a little better. Currently, I'm converting all the monster skills to their new selves. It's rather time consuming. =P

The Damned

Well, that's good to hear.

You're just changing them to their 1.3 selves for the most part though, correct? Or did you decide against that?

Samuraiblackbelt

did you seriously have to make all the story battle dragons and behemoths immortal? >_<

you forgot to make one of the behemoths in the colliery battle immortal (maybe it was intentional?)

having steel giants weak to thunder means that thunder elemental magic will still do damage even with the atheist status (made that Colliery battle soooo much easier ^_^)
[attachment=0:2pbrp0g2]64.JPG[/attachment:2pbrp0g2][attachment=1:2pbrp0g2]65.JPG[/attachment:2pbrp0g2]
EDIT: the first two battles of Colliery would probably be a lot harder but the AI is doing stupid stuff like running away instead of attacking.

The Damned

Steel Giants have always been weak to Electric/Lightning/Thunder element. It's just that most Electric things were indeed magical, so with atheist status that weakness wasn't as bad as it normally would be. However, it was always there, even in vanilla.

SilvasRuin

In other words, that formula must not be faith based.

The Damned

May 07, 2010, 06:12:34 pm #237 Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:48:06 pm by The Damned
It obviously isn't since it's using random hit boolean, which means that either it's using straight MA (like Rafa or a Hydra) or gets stronger the lower the target's faith is (like Malak).

Or, at least, I had automatically thought that's what Eternal meant by random hits--yes, I'm well aware that you can use random hit without needing to use one of the formulas that allows for multiple strikes.

Samuraiblackbelt

silly me not thinking things through

EDIT: You also put in the patcher that Dancer had level 5 ninja as a requirement instead of level 5 samurai

Eternal

Yeah, Thunder uses the Hydra formula. I had to sacrifice the Faith aspect of that spell, but ultimately, I think it works out OK. Currently, monsters ARE their 1.3 selves. I'm just giving them new skills, and in the case of the Explosive, new elemental affinities.

Regarding Dancers, it's meant to be Ninja.