• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 07:20:15 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Has anyone figured out how to take leviathan out of his spell animation ?

Started by Tony75, March 21, 2012, 11:07:52 am

3lric

Quote from: Rfh on March 22, 2012, 05:51:54 pm
Awesome Taichii, you are a real expert editing  graphic  effects. Would you know make the graphic effects of the events show the damage?

If your trying to make it show damage of an effect in an event you need to make it a battle event.
  • Modding version: PSX

Taichii

Quote from: Celdia on March 22, 2012, 03:36:58 pm
I should just make a tutorial...

ohh yeaaaah XD

Quote from: Rfh on March 22, 2012, 05:51:54 pm
Awesome Taichii, you are a real expert editing  graphic  effects. Would you know make the graphic effects of the events show the damage?

nah rfh XD im just starting to learn too :D boss celdia is the master XD and for your question XD i dont know how but bro elric does :D

Quote from: Elric42 on March 22, 2012, 11:58:21 pm
If your trying to make it show damage of an effect in an event you need to make it a battle event.

bro how do you make it a "battle event?" XD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

3lric

You would have to change the attack.out conditions as well as the event commands to that of a battle rather then a normal event :P

Rfh

Thank, but I didn't mean that. I said for example, if you used a skill with animation rafa revives malak in a battle, the damage isn't showed.   
  • Discord username: rfh

Taichii

Quote from: Elric42 on March 23, 2012, 03:11:22 am
You would have to change the attack.out conditions as well as the event commands to that of a battle rather then a normal event :P

bro XD i dont understand what you mean ahahahahahaha XD

Quote from: Rfh on March 23, 2012, 03:54:29 am
Thank, but I didn't mean that. I said for example, if you used a skill with animation rafa revives malak in a battle, the damage isn't showed.   

i have that problem too XD

"Desperation"

Tony75

For some reason the TIM file is longer than the extracted bin file from the iso . I'm using TIMUTIL and Winhex . I think I am messing up converting the bmp to tim . I erased the monster in Graphics Gale went to all frames adjust color to blue then went to convert but the tim file is longer than the bin from the iso what did I do wrong . The 403 Bin is 92040 bytes and my tim file is 131092 bytes
  • Modding version: WotL

Tony75

Ok I got it to work but I can't change the color I went to all frames and made it blue and the pic on the computer is blue but in the game it is still green . Do I have to change all the pallet blue ? with load pallete each little square ?

Taichii

if you want to change the overall color... photoshop is your friend..
in photoshop you can pick hue/saturation and change the color w/o affecting black and white.
now.. open this on tim..
CHECK THE BOX TRANSPARENT ON BLACK and TRANSLUCENT ON BLACK.
then convert. then open E403.tim file and E403.bin file on winhex...
copy offset 220 till the end of the tim file.. pay attention to the length.
open the bin file and select the exact length of offset FROM THE END OF THE FILE.
when you find the correct offset.. paste overwrite then save. then import it back to the game.

"Desperation"

3lric

Quote from: Rfh on March 23, 2012, 03:54:29 am

Sorry man, when you said events I assumed you meant events. What you were asking actually isn't event related at all

Celdia

Quote from: Tony75 on March 23, 2012, 10:52:27 pm
Ok I got it to work but I can't change the color I went to all frames and made it blue and the pic on the computer is blue but in the game it is still green . Do I have to change all the pallet blue ? with load pallete each little square ?

There will be some color issues depending on what you're trying to do. If you've changed the colors to the image sheet in the effect file you'll need to import the new palette from the TIM file to your BIN as well as the new image itself. Also I should note that not every effect gets all of its color data from the palette. but rather from some instructions inside the effect file itself. We haven't taken these things apart and examined them in detail yet so if changing the palette doesn't work then for the time being you're shit outta luck as the saying goes.

Taichii is right about using Photoshop to change the Hue/Saturation of an entire effect sheet all at once. Other programs have that function as well, just look around for it. Once you've got the colors you like, convert your BMP into a TIM. The palette data in your [8 bit] TIM file will always be in the same place: 0x0014-0x0213. Length will show as 200 in your hex editor. As for locating where the palette information is in the BIN file...
QuoteIf the effect file is larger than 70KB (71,680B)...
-the last 64KB (65,536B) of the file is a raw image 256x256 pixels.
-the palette is 1028B before the start of the raw image.
-the offset for the palette = the size of the file in bytes minus 66,564 bytes.

If the effect file is larger than 34KB (34816B) but smaller than 70KB...
-the last 32KB (32,768B) of the file is a raw image 128x256 pixels.
-the palette is 1028B before the start of the raw image.
-the offset for the palette = the size of the file in bytes minus 33,796 bytes.

If the effect file is smaller than 34KB (34816B)...
-the last 15,872B of the file is a raw image 128 pixels wide.
-the palette is 512B before the start of the raw image.
-the offset for the palette = the size of the file in bytes minus 16KB (16384B).

As an example take E161.BIN (Wish)
I'm editing it to make it look less like Esuna.

Size: 51,336B
Palette offset: 51,336B - 33,796B = 17,540B

Then we just convert that last number to Hex and we get the starting location of the palette data in the BIN file: 0x04484. This would be where you paste the palette data from your TIM into your BIN.

If you're still having problems after trying that, come find me on IRC. I should be around for most of the day today.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Taichii

oh i forgot that if even if you remove the midgar mons. sprite... but you haven't replaced the color palette it will still be color green in the game..
so both the image offset and the palette offset shall be changed :D

"Desperation"

Tony75

Thanks for posting that bmp I 'm going to try it when I get home

Taichii

no problem :D but you should learn how to edit ability images and palette on your own too :D goodluck n_n

"Desperation"

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0