Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to FFH! Where all your dreams come true!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
Gaignun [Posts: 325] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 07:48:46 AM]

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ S 1 ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ T O U R N A M E N T ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Hosted by Avalanche, Barren, CT5Holy, Dol, Fanatic, Gaignun, and Wiz

Legend

Red = Winner's/Regular Bracket Commentators

Blue = Loser's Bracket Commentators

Yellow = Helpers who structured S1 and put the pieces together

Extra Notes

Wiz = Made this page via copy/paste and S1 Intro clip. Also made slight alterations to the patch such as disabling of weather effects and changing unit placement on a few of the maps.
CT5Holy = Checked/Registered, and put the data of the individual teams in spoilers, and made S1 registration page via copy/paste
Gaignun = Randomized maps for all matches (includes Winner's + Loser's Bracket and Final Match; X videos in total, Y-Z rounds in total) and generated Winner's/Loser's brackets.

And of course everyone else for giving input and those who put their foot forward making the transition from pussified silly boy/girl to a merciless warrior ready to shed blood :mrgreen:

FFH Season 1 Youtube Account (You can also click on the 137b image to get there too)

Brackets

Videos & Maps

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:45:24 AM by FFMaster »
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 07:49:00 AM]
Re: ☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 1 ☢ ☢ ☢
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
Entrants

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:22:14 AM by Gaignun »
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4804] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 08:00:13 AM]
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:00:13 AM »
Crap, I'm against FFMaster >_>

Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
dacheat [Posts: 98] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 08:06:59 AM]
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 08:06:59 AM »
Hype! Going up against Eternal's double Mime team first. I don't really know what to expect since I've only seen one mime team before.

Bracket challenge anyone? I doubt it'd turn out as bad as my NCAA Basketball one did this year... :P
Mediator
Eternal [Posts: 2632] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 08:14:15 AM]
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 08:14:15 AM »
This is gonna be fun! Good luck, dacheat!

Here dying, join my legion of undeath. Your blood, the roses on unhallow'd graves!
dacheat [Posts: 98] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 08:17:14 AM]
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 08:17:14 AM »
This is gonna be fun! Good luck, dacheat!

You're goin' down.

Seriously though: Good luck, and may the best AI manipulator win. :D

When should the first round matches start rolling in? Thursday?
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 08:18:46 AM]
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 08:18:46 AM »
Two notes to kick things off:
  • Be sure to review your team as it appears in the list of entrants.  There is a possibility text was scrambled as it passed from one set of hands to another during preparation.
  • If your team colours are 0 and 1, it is most likely because I did not receive your colour info.  If your colours are 0 and 1 and you're sure you requested different ones, notify your host before he casts your match so he can make the appropriate adjustment, and notify me so I can update your team in the list of entrants.
What hides beneath the hat?
Kihaku_FTW [Posts: 22] Logged
  • View Profile
  • youtube channel
  • [May 01, 2012, 08:19:25 AM]
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 08:19:25 AM »
Good Luck to everyone!

This is going to be a blast...

Insert Comedic Signature Here

Mediator
Eternal [Posts: 2632] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 09:02:23 AM]
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 09:02:23 AM »
Topic stickied.

Here dying, join my legion of undeath. Your blood, the roses on unhallow'd graves!
Bad code, beware! The NOPs are coming to eat you!
formerdeathcorps [Posts: 1322] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 09:18:31 AM]
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 09:18:31 AM »
This bracket is better than last year.  I have a tough first-round match, but after that, things are looking up until Round 5/6.  I will root for Eternal to be my final opponent though.

Oh, and Ryason55, your monk has illegal gear.

The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.
Ryason55 [Posts: 14] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 10:17:34 AM]
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 10:17:34 AM »
Huh, only two other people running Mimes in this.

[There was a wall of text here concerning my upcoming opponent... but there's a discussion thread for a reason]

Quote from: formerdeathcorps
Oh, and Ryason55, your monk has illegal gear.
Was wondering what the heck you were talking about... and then I remember Monks having a lack of some type of equipment in Vanilla FFT. Gah, freak'n headgear. Guess I'll stick a pretty Ribbon on him instead of a logical Twist Headband. The Master Guide was confusing in that regard; it says "Hdbnd", while "Ribbon" would've been better understood.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:31:48 AM by Ryason55 »
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 10:56:14 AM]
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »
A few quick and dirty job statistics:

Code: [Select]
Pri Average = 9.2 (5.0%)   ie. at perfect balance, 9.2 units will be assigned each primary skill set
Sec Average = 9.5 (5.3%)   ie. at perfect balance, 9.5 units (excluding mimes) will be assigned each secondary skill set
NoPri      := Primary skill set is empty

Job      Pri (%)      Sec (%)     NoPri         Comments
Squire      03 (01.6)    02 (01.1)    00     All squires have Ninjutsu as secondary
Chemist     13 (07.1)    31 (17.2)    00     Holy potions Batman!  Most popular skill set
Paladin     12 (06.5)    05 (02.8)    02     Only 2 know Grand Cross
Archer      15 (08.2)    08 (04.4)    01
Monk        14 (07.6)    13 (07.2)    02
Priest      16 (08.7)    24 (13.3)    00     Popularity second to only Chemist
Wizard      03 (01.6)    02 (01.1)    00     Least loved mage job; cheering for Wizard teams by default
Time Mage   04 (02.2)    07 (03.9)    00
Summoner    04 (02.2)    08 (04.4)    00
Thief       11 (06.0)    12 (06.7)    00
Mediator    08 (04.3)    08 (04.4)    00
Oracle      08 (04.3)    05 (02.8)    00
Geomancer   04 (02.2)    00 (00.0)    00     Least loved non-mage job (shared with Dancer)
Lancer      09 (04.9)    01 (00.6)    02
Samurai     13 (07.1)    22 (12.2)    00     31 (89%) know Masamune; 8 (23%) know Masamune and nothing else
Ninja       13 (07.1)    17 (09.4)    05     10 know Kagesougi; 5 use it with magic guns
Scholar     16 (08.7)    01 (00.6)    00     Don't send another job to do a scholar's work, apparently
Bard        11 (06.0)    03 (01.7)    06     55% with empty primary -> Exploited for high base HP, MA
Dancer      04 (02.2)    00 (00.0)    00     Least loved non-mage job (shared with Geomancer)
Mime        04 (02.2)    NA (----)    NA

Quote from: Ryason55
Guess I'll stick a pretty Ribbon on him instead of a logical Twist Headband.

Updated.

Edit: Fixed a few minor errors in the math.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:41:23 AM by Gaignun »
Barren [Posts: 1768] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 01:06:14 PM]
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 01:06:14 PM »
I'm going to start off the tourney this season. Expect the first match to be on by tomorrow the lastest

Keep calm and stay classy, kupo!
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 03:55:28 PM]
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 03:55:28 PM »
I have to change st4rw4k3r's team a little bit because there are some things about his team that is illegal

• View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 04:27:16 PM]
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
To clarify even though the spoiler tells the wizard has one accessory the spreadsheet I got gave her two so I'm removing the accessory that wasn't listed in the spoiler and that I needed to change his lancer's weapon since its not two handed into something else that is. I'll point it out when I upload the video
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:09:53 PM by Barren »
Dynablade [Posts: 133] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 04:37:35 PM]
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 04:37:35 PM »
Awwww snap we Arena (soon)!

I can't wait, and as always thanks for any and all uploads! Don't know how hard it is to set this stuff up, but can be certain it isn't just a wave of a wand, so I appreciate everything you guys do.
Vampire Count - LIVE.EVIL
Taichii [Posts: 811] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 05:22:06 PM]
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
weee can't wait XD

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"
Unreliable as a Mime.
The Damned [Posts: 2092] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 06:22:43 PM]
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 06:22:43 PM »
(Great. Now everyone can see how shitty my team is. Thanks Gaignun....)

At least I feel less bad about initially forgetting my palette choices if so many people forgot theirs. Let's see how much bitching I can do before the tournament starts and Reks kicks my ass:

1. Avalanche's Team: Does Tam the Bard honestly not have any active skills? I can understand exploiting the high MA just for Counter Flood, but it seems a bit...odd to have Samurai secondary and not have any other Samurai abilities when he also dips into Geomancer and Wizard. Other than that, I feel less bad about using Perfumes as all my units' accessories.

2. Celdia's Team: Only team to use Execute? Hunh. I'm actually surprised anyone's using it at all.

3. dinosaur's Team: Iron Boots on both of the Priests seems an...odd choice.

4. Dome's Team: Hunh. His team is basically the Earth-absorb team that I was going to make...except that it uses Geomancers, has the Scholars being Undead and is vulnerable to Silence(d). Interesting. Makes me wish I had given my Dancers Float after all. It rather figures that no one is using Consecration or Seal Evil. The only team using Cursed Ring?

5. Dynablade's Team: Oh, someone else is using Execute. Hunh. Makes two whole people. The only person using Hawk's Eye?

6. Fanatic's Team: Raise 2 on the Chemist/Priest seems...odd, if understandable. Not sure how to feel about the team otherwise.

7. FFMaster's Team: Oh, so someone is using Seal Evil, even if it seems kinda...random here as opposed to on a unit with a Blood Sword or a Bloody Strings or on a team that tries to inflict Undead.

8. Gaignun's Team: Hunh. Interesting to see someone finally not just go "All Geomancy! Duh!" even if it's quite...risky to only focus on the ones with more broken procs. The only really common one among those four is Carve Model. Also, first person to use Zombie?

9. Havermayer's Team: Oh, okay, someone else is using Seal Evil...still without life drain or Zombification. 'Kay.

10. jansported's Team: Woot. Someone else trying to use Spellbreaker...and Bad Luck...at the same time. I can't help but think this will end in tragedy.

11. Kagebunji's Team: Ugh. That Monk is rather nasty-looking. Glad I'm not that close to it.

12. Kihaku_FTW's Team: The only person to be using Mad Science? Also, that means at least two other people are using Doku no Kyoukai besides myself given that Reks also is.

13. LightningHax's Team: A lone Archer using a normal gun? Man after my own non-heart. Other than that, I'm glad to see someone using Steal Accessory. It would have been quite "ironic" with all the Perfume that's around if no one at all was using it.

14. mucus's Team: Oh, so someone else is using Mad Science. Hunh.

15. Otabo's Team: Finally someone uses Throw Stone. Not that surprising that Sinkhole is a lot more popular, but still.

16. Ryason55's Team: Kinda surprised that people are using Mimes at all to be honest, even more so after seeing none of them are on the "double Wiznaibus" team of horrors past.

17. Shadowstrike's Team: Oh, hey. Someone using Death. Odd to see since it seems like it probably still sucks, but, eh, we'll see.

18. skiploom188's Team: Using Spellbreaker without the distraction of Bad Luck. Should be interesting (if it gets used at all).

19. st4rw4k3r's Team: All that PA gear on the Mediator with a Spell Gun and no (physical) skills or reaction seems...quite the odd choice unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible. Other than that, hey, someone else is using Cursed Ring.

20. Taichii's Team: Okay, someone else is using Hawk Eye's and Zombie, so Seal Evil finally makes sense on a team.

21. The Damned's Team: This team sucks and is going to lose. This person should have obviously just gone with male Monks whoring Unyielding rather than Dancers with Equip Armor that are probably going to act stupidly with two Dances to choice from. He doesn't even have multi-damaging abilities or more than two reactive reactions. What an idiot. Anyway, both instances of "Arrow Guard" should be "Projectile Guard", which is my bad since I'm still not used to it blocking Guns even though that's what I consciously assigned it for. Also, my Palette choice was Green primary and Blue alternate. I PM'd it to CT5Holy separately because I initially forgot it.

22. the frisky dingo's Team: Okay, so someone is using Consecration. Good.

23. TrueLight's Team: More Steal Accessory and Spellbreaker "goodness".

24. VireBlaze's Team: So that's two people using Consecration and four people using Doku no Kyoukai. Interesting.

25. Xeno's Team: Oh, good, someone's using Nameless Dance as well as Greased Bolt. Too bad that Dancer probably won't ever be doing anything else....

Hunh. I honestly expected a lot more Grand Cross abuse and (for some reason) not as much Perfume use, though the other usual suspects of magic guns (alongside Kagesougi), Raise 2, Masamune, Sinkhole and such aren't remotely surprising. I'm somewhat surprised at the amount of Insult & Bullrush, that 3 other people are using Doku No Kyoukai and 2 people are using Execute at all, but that's it.

Of the "useless" techniques that formerdeathcorps outlined, Doku No Kyoukai is seeing the most use (of course, meaning I could have "focused" on something else), followed by Bad Luck and then a single use of Nameless Dance. Still no use of Thief's Heretic or Mediator's Preach & Solution (despite use of pretty much every other Talk Skill) or Bards' Nameless Song (despite all the Bards), but I'm hardly surprised outside of maybe by Nameless Song. I would have tried to build a team around Nameless Song if I had known that was going to happen.

Ugh EDIT: This post now has at least 90% less typos and omissions. This is what happens when I rush longer posts.
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4804] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 01, 2012, 06:42:26 PM]
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 06:42:26 PM »
@The Damned
Not that it changes much, but my team absorbs & Strenghten both Earth and Dark
In case someone use float
Which accessory/piece of equipment gives immunity to silence?

Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21