- [February 11, 2011, 11:47:12 PM]
Wow, I haven't posted or looked at the first page of this for a couple of months. I feel even worse than usual seeing what a pushy bastard I come off (read: am), which is exactly why I'm going to keep being a pushy bastard. Gotta channel that hate after all.
...However, since I don't have any decent battle ideas--hey, maybe you turn coked-out Snow White into something--at present, I'll just resort to commenting on the front page for now and some quotations:
- I'm not sure how I feel about the whole idea of the Explorer units, especially with the 1 movement; I can understand why it's there, but still. I'm rather rusty, so it doesn't help that I can't remember how Innate Death Sentence acts with regards to resurrection and such.
- What are the asterisk for by certain fights in every map? For example, in Mandalia Plains South, what's the asterisk by the "Save da kitty!" for?
- Zeklaus Desert North: Why are all the birds in the Falconer family fight Immortal? Is it to prevent Train or something? It seems kind of overkill otherwise, especially since birds have Hurricane now IIRC.
- Lenalia Plateau South: I'd kind of expect the colors to be reversed, though maybe that's why you did it. Otherwise seems like an interesting enough idea, though I'm horrible at picturing FFT maps in my head, much less starting positions.
- Fovoham Plains South: I'm guessing that Flotiball in the Flotiball Gimme is supposed to read "Flotiball Guest", correct? Or do you plan to have an enemy Flotiball and a friendly Flotiball?
- Araguay Woods East: Those six Treants aren't Guests? Also, when you say "Equip Axe + Axe" for the Knights, do you mean that you're going to force them to always have Axes even though you're also forcing them to always have Equip Axe? Or that by forcing them to always have Equip Axe, they'll always Equip an Axe? The former seems a bit unnecessary, especially since it means that they're weapons won't level up with the rest of their gear. While that's less of a problem with their only being three axes (still), it's still something to consider. Then again, I'm not even sure if the latter is possible.
- Zirekile Falls East: (All of Zirekile Falls is instead spelled "Zirekile Files" FYI.) I'm not sure this is such a great place for 5v5v5, just because of how uneven the terrain is and such; that bridge being such a bottleneck doesn't really help either. Still, the Blue Mage duel could be interesting enough, even if it's weird to see Chocobos paired against Squids. ...Wait, is this even a 5v5v5? Or it is just a 5v10 with a misleading name?
- Bariaus Hills: The tag is missing the second "a".
- Bad Desert: I'm guessing this is some kind of in-joke? I don't really have a problem with that. Just curious.
- Bariaus Valley: No potential battle here has an asterisk by it.
- Yuguo Woods East: Out of curiosity, how do you intend to make the Blue Mage represent "Air"?
- Bervania Volcano South: Cool, Draakenguard. I've learned a fair about how screwed up that game is via TVTropes, but I've yet to play it myself. Nice to see a non-FF cameo.
- Bed Desert North: The Megabomb tends to just explode? Ah, I'm disappointed.... Hmmm, I think I get the asterisk thing now. Are they just for the rare battles?
- Poeskas Lake North: Any idea what you're going to replace Monster Skill with since it's no longer going to be necessary? Not really a huge deal, but still just something to ask considering two of the battles here explicitly use it.
- Doldobar Swamp East: No piece to represent the Rook in that Chess match? It looks like you have room could just make it another male Knight if both the Knight (chess piece) and the King are male Knights. Might be a bit confusion, but it seems a bit weird to just leave it out completely. I guess you could also just make it a Squire.
- NOGIAS: That Geomancer Swarm idea seems a tad...ridiculous. Like it might verge into too hard territory unless maybe you made them all absurdly lower in level than you. What's the terrain like in NOGIAS again with regards to Geomancy/Elemental? All Sandstorm panels and stuff? I mean, it's something that you can avoid with Float, then maybe it will fine, otherwise....
- TERMINATE: Is this just a regular Ninja? I'm not getting the name reference. (It honestly just keeps making me think of Giratina from Pokemon.)
- DELTA: SCC? Do you mean that they only have their own skillset, but it's completely mastered? Or do you mean Short Charge Caster?
- VALKYRIES: Kind of weird to see a battle involving Miluda...not have Miluda in it. Who are the Archer, Priest, Wizard and Squire supposed to represent anyway?
- TIGER: Wizardry Tribute? I guess it's just another reference I'm not getting....
- Hi-ho Boco!: Have you found a way to make this work yet?
(Sigh. We can't make numerical lists anymore, can we? Profound sadness.)
edit: Also digging through
edit: Damn, Damned had a field day in that topic too.
I'll have to take your word for it between the fact that I am a wordy bastard and the fact the link is down. Sadface.
I thought of another one!
"Highway Robbery" Bed desert or zeklaus. The idea is that the battle contains thieves (4) who start VERY close to you (and by very it could even possibly be adjacent to you, as they would be robbing you). They would need to know most, if not all, of the steal skill set. One might have item, the rest with either no secondary or as described. RSM are 1: Weapon guard, concentrate, move +2, 2: Abandon, defense up, move +1 (this thief should have a mantle preset, and be female), 3: punch art, Counter, martial arts, jump +2, 4: HP restore, Maintenance, move HP up, along with sprint shoes and a strong ninja sword. As support, 2 caster types should be in back, White mage and blue mage. The white mage (who is female) should have counter magic, short charge, and move MP up, with black magic secondary, random equips. The blue mage should have some blue magic (whichever way you can give it to him), and geomancy, along with also boasting a heavy armor piece and a MA boosting head piece (probably circlet), with hamedo, magic attack up, Move +2, and having a set shield.
This is rather hard to read, especially when you go from talking about Thieves to talking about mages as (I guess) support all of a sudden. Might be better to list what you units you want first and go from there.
Lord of the dance: Either sweegy or araguay woods
Basically, a performer with 5 mimes on his team. The mimes start in a row behind him.
The performer has float, defense up, damage split, with summon magic secondary. He has random weapon, but he has a wizard robe, along with a circlet (even though he can't use heavy armor, but for a bit of strength) and comes with a 108 Gems.
The mimes all have feather boots, even though the boots disappear out of combat they have the boots so they can float and this (somehow) affects the dancing magic kind of.
The point is the mimicked dancing and the mimes to add to damage.
Interesting, but it has two problems: I'm sure we've all entertained the idea for a bit, and then we all realized how horrible boring it is to have to face a bunch of Mimes, especially ones that spam something with an overly long animation that individually hits every (enemy) unit on the field.
I mean, the really fast Performance skills would get really
old rather quickly.
Basically, 5 squires. The thing about the squires is that they all have strong RSM, and have very good skills.
Each squire has a different weapon, so each can use their special squire skill. They all must be immortal. Squires are as follows:
A)Rune blade, Aegis shield, Thief hat, Black costume, diamond armlet, Geomancy, Meatbone slash, defense up, move +1 Br 80 Fa 40
B)Zorlin shape, Diamond shield, Flash hat, black costume, (whatever adds 1 move), Throw, Blade grasp, concentrate, Move HP up Br 80 Fa 40
C)Scorpian tail, Venetian shield, Maximillion, Robe of lords, genji gauntlet, (insert skillset from wizards in yuguo story battle with dak hold and stuff), MP switch, Maintinence, Move MP up Br 50 Fa 70
D)Poison bow, Diamond shield, Thief hat, black costume, Sprint shoes, sword spirit (for masamune and chiri), Damage split, Magic defend up, move HP up, Br 70 Fa 70
E)Slasher, nothing, Twist headband, Power sleeve, Bracer, Time magic, Weapon guard, Attack up, Move +1 Br 50 Fa 70
The point is for them to just be scary squires. If it is too hard, you can always tone it down, or make it a rare fight.
It seems interesting enough, though it's probably a bad idea to give a generic, even on with Maintenance, gear that you would normally find only in the Deep Dungeon; it's why I (just) realized that suggesting Ribbons on all the "Soap Mouthers" was kind of a stupid idea.
You'd have to make him Immortal or something to keep him from potentially turning into a chest.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca
"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"
"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts." - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"