• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:46:01 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Original Jot5 Thread

Started by Elric, October 24, 2011, 04:53:34 am

Joseph Strife

Elric is getting the final events done and linking everything, we're still waiting for a little ASM's and 2 sprites (both of them almost finished, they are taking so long coz they are being made from scratch) and then it's implementing everything and releasing, i think it will take some weeks (1, 2 or 3, can't guarantee this) for the release, again we thank everyone for your patience on this. We're almost there my friends, we can almost taste it. :mrgreen:
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Elric

Haha, thank you for saying pretty much exactly what i would say Joseph lol.

Yes we are very very close at this point and most of the remaining stuff is cosmetic, since as stated before, neither I nor my team will settle for anything less then perfection.

I do apologize about the lack of updates and changelogs tho, since unfortunately, there isn't much to say other then naming which event im currently working on, which would throw out huge spoilers.

Perhaps the biggest thing we are still waiting on is for Pride to finish a couple ASM's but other then that it's just implementation of everything and other minor cosmetic tweaks to events.
  • Modding version: PSX

MiKeMiTchi

I watched the opening video, and I must say... the events totally rocked! x)
I hope you don't mind, but I took some of my time to come up with this. (Hope ya like it)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Durbs

Mike!? Wow, it's been a while. Glad to see you're back. ^_^

Yeah, I like yours (a lot, actually), but Taichii has already made one. Let me see if I can find it...
EDIT: Here it is. http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7936.440#msg168918

MiKeMiTchi

June 03, 2012, 08:46:17 am #505 Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:51:33 am by MiKeMiTchi
Thanks for the info, Durbs! I didn't notice Taichii's! I guess I'll read the whole thread first then, before doin anythin' rash. :3

Oh btw, is this patch going to use the shop/tavern/etc? In that case, I can pull off a custom shop background image if Elric wants to.

Durbs

Quote from: MiKeMiTchi on June 03, 2012, 08:46:17 am
Oh btw, is this patch going to use the shop/tavern/etc? In that case, I can pull off a custom shop background image if Elric wants to.

It is. It'll be mostly used for (CENSORED).

You know what, I'll pm you.

Kagebunji

Mike, if you do manage to wrap something up, make sure to send it to me, I am eager to brainstorm ideas etc.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

MiKeMiTchi

Roger that, sir!

@Durbs
(CENSORED)

Taichii

oh :)) another image manipulator! oh hai mike mitchi :D
im taichii the handsome vampire XD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Elric

Woahhh, lots of posts today, Great job Mike. I've also sent you a PM, and given you access to (CENCORED) hahaha
look forward to hearing from you, and thanks for the compliments about the events  :mrgreen: it's always great
to hear that all our hard work is appreciated.

fladimirhokage

is very good, I'm so much time watching this project, I can not wait to test this amazing mod, I have a question, when launched, it will be complete with all the chapters or only the first chapter?

Durbs

Quote from: fladimirhokage on June 08, 2012, 08:06:32 am
is very good, I'm so much time watching this project, I can not wait to test this amazing mod, I have a question, when launched, it will be complete with all the chapters or only the first chapter?

Just the first. The reason things have taken so long is that we completely overhauled it halfway through, if that's what you were curious about. :mrgreen:

And btw... welcome to FFH, where all your dreams (may) come true!

Elric

Quote from: fladimirhokage on June 08, 2012, 08:06:32 am

Durbs is correct. For anyone following this for a while I also apologize for the delays but just know we are still doing work to make it as perfect as possible, I understand that this has caused alot of delay from the original ETA, but when you finally get to play it, you will understand why. Everything that is being fixed is for the better.

And thank you for your interest. Keep checking back, we will have more info soon.

MiKeMiTchi

@Elric
Oh it's already delayed? must work... fast!

Just saw Xif's vectorized FFT logo version. I'm going to use those. Thanks Xif!

Elric

Well Mike, the original release date was MArch 1st, but we eneded up changing alot of the the chapter and adding about 60-75% new content to it.
:P

fladimir_hokage

Hello I would like to ask a question for you, wondering if the character Dande will have the transformation of demon?

fladimir_hokage

do not want to be annoying, but I have another question how long it will take you out a demo or something?

hahahahah sorry for disturbing you, 'but I'm very excited about this project and wanted to know more details about it

?? :D

Elric

I cant answer that due to spoilers, but i will say you will be pleasantly surprised,
also. The release of Chapter 1 is estimated within the next 3 weeks. Everything is being
pretty much finished/wrapped up at this point and we are waiting on very few remaining things.

Elric

Have not posted in a few days, most of our work is done on IRC, thru PM's or elsewhere, since we don't want to spoil things,
this thread is now mostly just to inform others about the mod, and so you can still see videos and see whats being updated.
Once chapter 1 comes out we will have our own forum section, which will have a lot more info and threads for bug reports and
other random praise  :mrgreen:

In the last week:

• 2 more events are done

• 4 more sprites and 2 ports are done

• 1 more EVTCHR is done

• Mike Mitchi joined the team and has done some awesome things that all of you will love (he joined more then a week ago, but oh well)

• Events are all completely setup in the event conditions spreadsheet, and the Attack.out GUI (thanks to Pride and his being patient with teaching me things, which made it possible for me to insert the last 5 events in the correct order)

• Not much else left to do, still waiting on Pride to make a couple more ASM's, but I know he is rather busy as of late. So if anyone else (an ASMer obviously) would like to lend a hand on
    a few of them to take some of the weight off his back, it would be appreciated. Just send me a PM on here or on IRC

I will continue to keep everyone updated as always, and we still welcome all questions/suggestions/thoughts.