• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:18:58 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Embargo

Started by The Damned, February 21, 2011, 08:06:11 pm

Who should live? (Keep in mind, if Reis lives, she WON'T be a Dragoner.)

Reis
Beowulf

Eternal

*points to Agrias, Frimelda, and Dame Ravness (Tactics Ogre)*
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

Eternal is fully right. Besides, Female Paladins are great. Ah, too bad Dame Ravness' sprite was heavily based off Agrias, otherwise we could do a sprite for her.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

The Damned

April 08, 2011, 03:00:50 pm #42 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:39:11 am by The Damned
(Fission mailed.)

So...yeah. Obviously, I didn't get around to finishing things up last night for several reasons, but I think I can get things done by April 12th since I've become "inspired" in several areas and already fixed/decided on a quite a few issues. It's just that a lot of what's left (Tactext) is rather...tedious. If not, then I really won't have much time to work on it for a while after that date.

I think that I've solved most of the (special) class issues, even given the current formula restrictions, but I still need to resolve those two previously Archer path (now Mediator path) classes.

As for what I've done thus far:

1. Comet (Choco Meteor) can be mimiced and evaded now.

2. Cloned 1A Hell Knight's stats to 12 Hell Knight (Red Mage) so that Rod has actual stats now. I'll have to remember to change roof Malak's class in the ENTD so that he still "dies" in that battle.

3. Catnip uses Inflict Status 51 instead of Inflict Status 66 like it was supposed to. Has had X reduced from 65 to 50 since it can't be dodged.

4. Odin and Midgar Zolom are Learn on Hit only now, though now that I think about it, Odin seems like it's going to have the same problem that Ice had if I don't make it instant.... I suppose I'll make it instant or...maybe it's follow target's that's the problem. Still will make it 0 CT for now.

5. Bible's WP to 6 and Healing Staff's WP to 9.

6. Giving all Lucavi Monster Talk for now rather than changing the just recently changed Fear again. They're all more fair now because of it considering how many of them lost Non-Charge (which they were probably going to lose anyway, considering).

7. Similarly, for now, I'm giving all three Bull Demons Monster Talk over Cannot Enter Water. They're still weak to Water, but this at least means that them appearing at Sweegy Woods instead of Goblins now isn't as limiting for them; as such, they're likely to keep it.

8. Hmmm...even with Float (movement) innate, Flotiballs weren't Floating. Maybe Float and Fly are anathema to each other, at least when it comes to movement since there was that hack that pokeytax made that had Float status be able to trigger Fly. As such, I've just switched over to Float as innate status instead of innate movement and given Floating Eye its inability to enter water back.

9. I had the idea to make the earliest Black Magic instant. Fire is the most damaging with the least range; Ice is an AoE with middling range but least vert.; Lightning has most range and vert. and is unable to be dodged, but does the least damage. I think the other spells of the same class can follow those types of changes. We'll see how it goes.

10. Hunh. The linear Ice spells didn't have Follow Target, so I guess that wasn't the cause of the diagonal annoyance. Not sure what to do about Scathe, especially now that I remember that it's linear. Hmm...Scathe will probably have to die. Not sure what to replace it with yet, though I think that I have an idea or two.

11. I suppose that I'll boost Cure a bit, but only a bit. I might make it ignore Reflect, but I'm not sure I want all of them to ignore Reflect. Maybe I will make it Holy element again, though. Hmm.... I suppose I should at least make Raise ignore Reflect, though. I wonder if I should allow Raise 2 to do so as well, especially since it will never go back to being restoring 100% HP. Then again, I suppose I could have just Prayer fill the "non-Reflectable healing" gap and just make it instant and it's not like I want all of White Magic to be able to get around Reflect, so I'm not sure.

12. Edited all accessories and Chemist Items in Tactext.

13. Fixed all typos in Zodiac Signs descriptions and gave Serpentarius a far less cryptic description.

14. Removed immunity to elements from all accessories.

At present, here's what I should be able to finish doing today:

1. Edit Spell Quotes a bit, mostly just getting rid of typos [even for spells that I'm going to eventually be changing] and changing at least all Fear quotes.

2. Finish up with the random Chapter 1 ENTD now that I'm more sure of where the hell starting positions are. There are some revisions I need to make to story battles anyway....

3. Finish up Chapter 1 special classes, though it's mostly the "technical" ones left between Miluda, Gafgarion and Agrias.

4. Finally replace some sprites, mostly Rod and Boco. Maybe Paladins since I don't want to have them use that whorish Dancer sprite and it's not like replacing them will affect anything since they pretty much never appeared in any vanilla story battles. Maybe replace Uribos with Tonberries (or Lamias).

5. Read through the coding tutorial again to see if I actually understand all of it this time. If not, try to track down FDC or someone who can explain it.

6. Cross-check list of used ability space and Inflict Status space to both make sure there aren't any more large screws-up like Petrifying Catnip and to see how much space I have left. (I've already decided to kill off at least a couple more abilities.)

7. Completely redo the aforementioned two generic classes and make an enemy-only class related to one of them.

Not really sure if I'll get to anything beyond that today, though I at least need to finish generics before I can finish up doing Items in Tactext due to the whole abbreviation thing, which is...annoying. I still haven't thought of a decent alternative name for Blue Mage even. Sigh.

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on April 08, 2011, 11:34:53 am
I thought you said you wanted to remove the foreign issues, not amplify them to all hell.
Since when has there EVER been a female paladin?! WHEN HAS THERE EVER BEEN A FEMALE RELIGIOUS WARRIOR? Jeanne D'Arc, that's when. Remember what happened to her? Exiled and branded as a heretic, then killed in battle.

What? How is a female Paladin a foreign issue? It's like calling a dragon a foreign issue because a dragon has never actually existed in real life.

Speaking of real life, yes, I'm aware of what happened to "Joan of Arc". Thing is that Ivalice and Final Fantasy in general are a lot more "equal" when it comes to gender issues for the most part. While the setting is meant to mirror a medieval one, it's a lot less repressed and restricted than the actual Dark Ages and other medieval parts of history were in a lot of areas. I don't think Agrias was a completely unique case, especially since she wasn't hiding her sex or anything like that. Additionally, it's rather arguable that Alicia and Lavian (due to the complete lack of personality they have) were training under her to both guard the princess/royalty and become Holy Knights/Paladins themselves.

(There's also Frimelda and, more famously, Beatrix from FFIX when it comes to female Paladins.)

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on April 08, 2011, 11:34:53 amSo, tell me, how is a female only Paladin sensible?

Beyond what was said above, they're far more likely to stick to the necessary vows of total celibacy that I'm putting in the backstory of my hack.

I wouldn't mind perhaps making Minstrel and Paladin gender-neutral classes later on, but for right now, I'm not even sure how to do that (or if it can be done). Similarly, I can't exactly switch them given that making Minstrel a female-only class means that it would have to be completely overhauled to become physically-based. Otherwise, it becomes as bad as Dancer at being "the premiere physical class (for females)...that has almost nothing to do with physical attacks", which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place.

EDIT: To be fair, perhaps switch the two and make minstrel female? Since that sounds like something men would make a woman do on the battlefield, lol.

Rather weird for you to cite history and then go against it when historically minstrels tended to (only, IIRC) be male.

If you've suggestions for a female-only class that would be physical, have a different enough (mass) revival ability that makes sense, wouldn't step on any other classes' toes and would be appropriate in a foreign-light setting, then I'm all ears. Otherwise, it stays as is for now, though I shall note your opinion.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Kagebunji

If you plan to use Lamia, please use this version, with updated and fixed movement:

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

The Damned

I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the advice and your permission, Kagebunji. It means I won't have to hunt you down later.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

pokeytax

So, tell me, how is a female only Paladin sensible?

EDIT: To be fair, perhaps switch the two and make minstrel female? Since that sounds like something men would make a woman do on the battlefield, lol.

r u 4 real

Quote from: The Damned on April 08, 2011, 03:00:50 pm
8. Hmmm...even with Float (movement) innate, Flotiballs weren't Floating. Maybe Float and Fly are anathema to each other, at least when it comes to movement since there was that hack that pokeytax made that had Float status be able to trigger Fly. As such, I've just switched over to Float as innate status instead of innate movement and given Floating Eye its inability to enter water back.

I dunno. The movement ability coding is a real headache; I don't see anything explicitly making these conflict but who knows!
  • Modding version: PSX

Gotwald

Here are all of the maps in the game, with a legend for all the present geomancy and starting positions and height.

Hope this helps.
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

The Damned

April 10, 2011, 06:11:32 pm #47 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:04:05 am by The Damned
(Hmmm...I wonder how busy I'll be tomorrow at this point.)

So, outside of still not understanding roughly half of the coding tutorial and learning that I basically have to change the sprites every time that I would use/make a new ISO, I just need to really decide on these last two generic classes. Freaking ENTD took forever though after realizing how backwards some it was/is--I'm seriously going to have to change more in the Attack.Out that has nothing to do with the thus planned event changes:

1. Changed all Fear Spell Quotes to more entertaining and less repetitive ones I hope. The only other spell quote that I changed for right now was that of Checkmate's besides fixing the typos present in the game in that section.

2. Changed quite a few other things in Tactext, namely job descriptions for some special classes, though not generics yet.

3. Decided to, with Pride's permission (after he informed me it existed), use Pride's fix of that annoying Faith and Innocent bug.

4. Decided to have Lamias replace Uribos. Tonberries will probably end up replacing Hydras. I'm not sure about Skeletons, Ghosts and Illithids still, though it's really only the former that's holding everything else up.

5. As aforementioned, Chapter 1 ENTDs finished completely outside of a few Attack.Out changes. This includes further re-doing the story battles and finishing up the random battle ideas (while lamenting the map situation). The only things that will change at this point beyond the aforementioned would be perhaps equipment assignments, Move-Find Item rewards and restricted AI-only skillsets.

6. Miluda, Gafgarion, Agrias and Wiegraf have their skillsets thought up. I'm currently still need to do Mustadio, the first replacement character (who probably won't show up in 0.1 for...various reasons) and Cuchuulain.

I'm currently working on the enemy-only Vampire class so that I can redo Hunter and...whatever the hell Arbalist is becoming at this point. Vampires have been rather oddly...difficult to think up anything for, though I'm at 7 abilities of my self-imposed "rule of 8" for right now, so it should be too much longer.

After the skillset thing is done, since I'll need to worry about implementation, I'll be probably working on FFTPatcher the rest of the night, especially since I already need to re-do some equipment and need to actually change Chapter 2. Man, Zirekile Falls is going to be such a pain....

Quote from: pokeytax on April 08, 2011, 05:37:04 pmI dunno. The movement ability coding is a real headache; I don't see anything explicitly making these conflict but who knows!

Yeah, I've no idea myself, but it seemed like the only thing I could think of, especially since Ahriman were never immune to Float (IIRC) like some other monsters were.

I'll relay what happens with the change.

Quote from: Gotwald on April 10, 2011, 02:39:59 pm
Here are all of the maps in the game, with a legend for all the present geomancy and starting positions and height.

Hope this helps.

Ah, much thanks. Not what I was expecting--and I think that map.rar within the main rar is superfluous--but it could certainly prove useful with the geomancy and the height.

The Damned

April 12, 2011, 08:49:12 pm #48 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:05:44 am by The Damned
Ugh. I just got back from the doctor. I'll have to see if I can finish this by April 15th instead of the end of the today. Otherwise I won't be able to focus on it for a while given...more serious matters.

Realizing the lack of ability space I currently have is rather...disheartening, but I'll try to do what I can and I've already thought of some things to cut.

The Damned

April 14, 2011, 03:04:26 am #49 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:08:46 am by The Damned
Mostly just used today as a thinking day to try to shore up generic classes. As such, the monster issues have been resolved outside of Skeletons, which are still a problem spot, and Lamia and Tonberries, where I have to worry about space (or lack thereof). Problems with Panthers, Aevises and Behemoths have been (seemingly) solved though.

I was mostly trying to figure out what the hell to do with those last two generic classes. For now, I've decided to get rid of Throw completely (which means that Catch dies) on Hunter and give it some abilities like Celdia's Vanquisher class since she gave me permission to do such about a month ago. It's somewhat different from her class, though, and at present it relies too much a bit too much on MA for my class--then again, given that Mediator is technically a Physical class now (Scream is being changed to an actual attack), I suppose that's not hugely problematic (at present) and it's always nice to use the Untruth formula for more things.

That leaves Samurai's spot, which is currently a pain in the ass to deal with. In my mind, I've thought of two potential solutions for it:

1. Go with a variation of the Reliqu(ar)ian/Antiquirian set that I suggested for Lasting Dawn's Mercernaries patch.

2. Go with a variation of the Gambler set that I suggested for Lasting Dawn's Mercernaries patch that will actually work within existing formulas.

Given that Hunter is finally done (for now), this is actually kind of unimportant compared to all of the other stuff I still need to do. ENTDs will be completely finished by tomorrow for Chapter 2, though, since I was waiting to be done with Hunter or whatever is replacing Samurai since there are freaking Knights everywhere in Chapter 2's Story Battle in the vanilla assignments.

Still, I wish to ask: Reliquarian or Gambler?

Decide the destiny! (Maybe. Since it's feels like I'm talking to myself, especially with Raven having been swallowed by the world again.)

Pride

Favoring the Reliquarian currently, though its mostly because you can still use the "Draw Out" mechanic and have it fit in favor wise with finding "rare" items and poaching for them. Mercernaries didn't really have a skill set down for it so it would more depend on what you would want to do with it.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

The Damned

April 14, 2011, 02:40:51 pm #51 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:10:18 am by The Damned
Yeah, I'm favoring Reliquarian too. I already have two certain interpretations in mind. I just need to look at FFWiki to look up a certain...person in FF history.

Gambler is merely an interesting alternative despite its formulaic limitations at present.

Also, I just realized that my eighth skill for Hunter sucks even more than I thought it would. Whoops. I'll have to think up something entirely new....

The Damned

April 15, 2011, 08:24:10 pm #52 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:14:49 am by The Damned
So...yeah. This isn't happening by the end of the day for a myriad of reasons, least of all being that my computer was being absurdly slow until two or three hours ago because of something that I thought I had already taken care of.

It's probably for the best, though. Even if I won't have as much time and (really) need to focus on more important things after today, I still don't want to rush this, even if by the time that I do get out some type of patch, it will still only be up to Chapter 2. I'm looking forward to May 7th now, but that date may be even worse than what I had planned before considering....

Still, there's no real reason to keep rushing it if I'm going to have to keep pushing it back for some reason or another. If it gets done (competently) before then, then I'll put something out. If it takes beyond that date to get something competent done, then so be it. I want to be very clear that I'm not going to let this die (again), though.

I'm still going to work on it for today, but it will be very basic stuff like trying to fix my room issue, finishing up abilities and everything like that. I'm probably going to take a break over the weekend to get started on "other things", but I'll at least try to look over the coding tutorial again to see if I understand it more this time. That or at least learn something else beyond just FFTPatcher and FFTactext.

At present, however, I have finished all the ENTD, both story (those were finished a while ago) and random battles up to Chapter 2. All random battles are completely redone/new.

For now I'll only put up the names, though, due to a few things that need testing and some of monsters and non-generic needing further implementation. Some of these will doubtless be changing in later versions, but most of these are more or less going to remain the same until 0.1 comes out:

1. Mandalia Plains North 1 - More Trouble from Gariland*
2. Mandalia Plains "West" 1 - Cat Burglars*
3. Mandalia Plains South 1 - Fight For Food.**
4. Sweegy Woods West 1 - Who's The Pet?**
5. Sweegy Woods East 1 - Burned Out.
6. Zeklaus Desert South 1 - Chance of Sandstorms.*
7. Lenalia Plateau South 1 - Like Water for Goblin Punch.
8. Lenalia Plateau North 1 - Until You're Blue in the Face!*
9. Fovoham Plains South 1 - Afraid of Heights?
10. Mandalia Plains "West" 2 - Chocobo Wrangling.
11. Mandalia Plains North 2 - To Protect a Castle.
12. Sweegy Woods West 2 - The Wicked Witch!*
13. Sweegy Woods East 2 - The Trees have Eyes!
14. Zeklaus Desert South 2 - Mpemba effect!*
15. Mandalia Plains South 2 - Mind Thieves.
16. Lenalia Plateau South 2 - Water Runs Downhill.
17. Lenalia Plateau North 2 - Steamed Looking Glass.
18. Fovoham Plains South 2 - Death Corps Survivors.
19. Fovoham Plains West 1 - The Patrolling Sky.
20. Fovoham Plains West 2 - Weak-Minded.
21. Araguay Woods West 1 - Chocobo Revenge!
22. Araguay Woods West 2 - Plant Food!*
23. Araguay Woods East 1 - Get Equipped with Wood.***
24. Araguay Woods East 2 - Spirit-Tree Flux!*
25. Zirekile Falls West 1 - You Shall Not Pass!
26. Zirekile Falls West 2 - You've Got to Kiss A Lot.
27. Zirekile Falls South 1 - Water Wings.
28. Zirekile Falls South 2 - Rain of Arrows.
29. Bari(a)us Hill North 1 - Ladies' Knight.*
30. Bari(a)us Hill North 2 - Knight Life.
31. Bari(a)us Hill South 1 - Fancy Rats!*
32. Bari(a)us Hill South 2 - Prevailing Winds.
33. Zigolis Swamp East 1 - Quest for Suck.
34. Zigolis Swamp East 2 - It's the Plague, Babies.
35. Zigolis Swamp West 1 - Ghostbusters!
36. Zigolis Swamp West 2 - The Rose.
37. Bari(a)us Valley South 1 - Forced Baptism.
38. Bari(a)us Valley South 2 - Naughty Tentacles!*
39. Bari(a)us Valley West 1 - Fall into the Sea!
40. Bari(a)us Valley West 2 - Copycat Burglar?

* My own ideas given to philsov for ASM'd.

** Ideas adapted from 1.3

*** Ideas adapted from philsov. (P.S. I'm "borrowing" Forest Fire! for later chapters when it comes to Araguay. Thanks.)

In the meanwhile, I'm going for a walk.

Before I do, though, I want to give everyone (even if they haven't replied, because I sure as Hell haven't viewed this thread 700+ times just by myself) my sincere thanks for continued support.

Stay healthy and in your prime, everyone! Your (various) projects expect nothing less from you (unless, perhaps, you're making the next Evangelion, then feel free to go nuts).

The Damned

May 22, 2011, 01:00:05 pm #54 Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:36:51 am by The Damned
(Hunh. This thread has 200 more views despite the fact that I've been gone all month. I don't know whether I should feel honored or guilty.)

*yawns and looks around*

Ah! After 1000 hours I'm free!  It's time to conquer Earth!

(Thanks, Raven. It shows you how long it's been since I've actually watched Power Rangers. In that case, that really does feel like 1000 years ago.)

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 22, 2011, 03:58:30 am
You seem to have been busy.  Can you toss me a tl;dr of what I missed?  You and your long posts are the anathema of 4 a.m.

Apparently my life is anathema to productivity since I meant to reply to this as soon as I saw it...a month ago. Damn Rapture preparations oversleeping, generally feeling sick, getting distracted by other projects and having to actually do monetarily related stuff a lot more as of late.

To be extremely concise about things, for once, I should be able to sum it up in five lines:

1. Generic human class are done on the most basic of levels; the newest classes are Reliquarian and Hunter now, with Reliquarian still needing moves.

2. Generic monster classes besides Uribos & Hydras, which are being replaced by Lamia and Tonberries, and Illithids, Ghosts & Skeletons, which I'm still undecided about.

3. I was previously and still am in the middle of working on special class abilities and capabilities.

4. Similarly, I am still in the middle of working on ENTD BS; please don't get my started.

The ENTD BS was actually part of the reason that I took such a long pause in this. I was trying to do it purely by using the Maps on the front page, but everything is just so...backwards that I decided to that I try to play through the game and note the seemingly contradictory starting points on all Ch. 1 and Ch. 2 maps. Of course, my computer was still not cleaned up yet--I'm still in the process of cleaning it, though I'm making marked progress considering--and thus I wasn't too keen about trying to use pSX while I had so little memory. Hence the delay.

Oh, that and I charted things out only to realize that I already ran out of ability room and no amount of consolidating appears to give me the amount I want even before DD. Yeah....

Anyway, good to see you're back...or were back; I haven't looked at the other threads yet since I've been cleaning up every post of mine in here to make it devoid of typos. I'll probably be doing that for the rest of the day.

But, yeah, I hope that I can still do my other projects while keeping up with Embargo as I promised.

RavenOfRazgriz

That was only four lines, bro.

I find it surprising you're that pressed for ability slots, though, myself, unless you're making everything have unique skills or something.

It's good to see this is moving along though at least, despite your setbacks and ENTD trouble.  Also the quote you were looking for is "Ah! After 1000 hours I'm free!  It's time to conquer Earth!"

The Damned

(Ha at this being literally the first thing I do upon waking up about half an hour ago.)

Ugh. I should have expected that doing something would take me longer than I thought it would. It seems like I should multiply date by 3 given what's been happening.

Regardless, I'm finally finished getting rid of most if not all typos in every post of my mine in this thread. There were unfortunately quite a bit of those.... I also shifted a few things around:

1. I moved the miscellany section with regards to classes below the actual class section again since I kept referring to it there.

2. I made minor updates to the class and monster sections, though they are going to be edited again eventually.

3. The status section has been separated into eventual statuses instead of being a large list. I hope that makes it easier to read, but someone besides me is going to have to tell me.

Given all the setbacks in time that I've had recently, I think that I'm going to work on organizing things today and seeing if I can do more name changes and/or come up with more abilities since I had most things fixed out before I "left" for a month; Lamia and Tonberries are the only things that need abilities. It was just a lack of space that was making things complicated.

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on May 23, 2011, 02:31:40 am
That was only four lines, bro.

That should show you the effort I put into being concise.

Besides, the fifth line would have just been me saying that "I re-affirmed what a mongrel idiot I was by reading the coding tutorial twice and still not understanding half of it; I guess I'll have to track down FDC sooner rather than later."

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on May 23, 2011, 02:31:40 am
I find it surprising you're that pressed for ability slots, though, myself, unless you're making everything have unique skills or something.

Yeah, it's the latter. I know you don't have much time given that you're working on your own thing like Pride is, but you should probably read the monster section on the last page so that you can at least yell at me for it. (This reminds me that Pride never got around to commenting on the rest of my monsters after Flying Eyes.)

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on May 23, 2011, 02:31:40 amIt's good to see this is moving along though at least, despite your setbacks and ENTD trouble.  Also the quote you were looking for is "Ah! After 1000 hours I'm free!  It's time to conquer Earth!"

So noted.

I just have to make sure that this particular move is actually striding forward instead of one of those little death throes/flails that goes nowhere.

The Damned

(Again with this being the first thing I do when I wake up. Maybe that wouldn't happen if I didn't fall asleep in the middle of doing things again....)

Heh. I should have figured that trying to do something that's supposed to simplify things would end up being overly complicated.

In trying to X-Copy Eternal248's spreadsheet organization (though with a few changes), I realized by the time that I got towards the end of human generic classes that for what I wanted to do, I had to make a spreadsheet for every other planned class as well. So, 70 sheets later, I'm done...with only the most basic structuring (and some half-assed names).

Sigh. At the very least, doing this should allow me to map out the abilities for some of the classes I haven't even started yet--*cough*MasterMagician*cough*--with formulas, even if the variables probably won't mean crap by the time I get anything out and even if I don't actually have the room--sigh--for them right now. I'm kind of aiming towards Sunday to be done with all of this, especially since I'm not going to try to do this all in one go like how I seem to tend to try to do with extremely little to show for it. It doesn't exactly help that for the sake of what I want to "release" I only need to do about 40 spreadsheets out of 90 and need to keep those other 50 more or less secret for a while.

So, I'm not going to be doing much today, at least when it comes to Embargo:

1. Get the basic human classes done in both FFTPatcher and Excel outside of Reliquarian and maybe Hunter/Vanquisher.

2. Start editing the non-Accessory equipment in FFTacText.

RavenOfRazgriz

I skimmed your monsters... and honestly, you're dedicating less abilities to them than I am, or at least was last time I drafted them.  Which again makes me seriously confused as to how you're so far gone on Ability space.  I can give them a better look over later, but I was sort of prioritizing a new release of my weapon editing tool.

How many unique classes do you have?  I'm thinking you're just sporting way too many classes, you only have so many sprites to work with too, after all...

The Damned

(Let's see if I can try to remember off the top of my head through this headache. Or if I'll just typo the hell out of this first post like always.)

Well, I was aware that you had more abilities when it came to monsters, but didn't you use all your ability space on monsters despite the fact that your generic classes have a LOT less abilities than mine? It's not like there's that much ability room to begin. There's only like 300 spaces IIRC. Having to do 20 generic alone puts a significant dent in that, even if 3 of those classes don't even have unique abilities apparently and 1 still uses a separate "table" of abilities.

As for special classes, let's see. I'm going to assuming that we're including all special characters here, but I'm only going to note the ones that are likely to get more than one special skill (if they get a special skill at all). Let's proceed with the assumption that every new class needs at least 4 new skills and that most will have 8 at least planned if they have more than new one at all (and aren't a Lucavi):

1. Roderick - Entirely new ability set; first new sprite planned (for a non-generic).

2. Gaffgarion - Gets at least 4 new abilities.

3. Agrias - Needs at least a couple of abilities to differ her from Paladin.

4. Boco - Already has two unique skills and isn't getting anything more; palette swap of other Chocobos.

5. 1st New Special Character - Gets at least 4 unique abilities. Might share some White Magic or Clerical Magic. 2nd new sprite.

6. Mustadio - Entirely new ability set.

7. Cuchuulain - Gets at least 2 or 3 unique abilities.

8. Vampire - The only special generic enemy-only class at present that isn't undead; has at least 7 abilities at present.

9. Belias - Gets at least 2 or 3 unique abilities.

10. Lede & Celia - Need new abilities since Use Hand is stupid as is.

11. Elmdor - Will share some abilities with the Vampire class (or just have that skill set as his secondary). Needs new abilities since Draw Out's effectively dead/taken over.

12. Rafa & Malak - Already have entirely new, shared abilities. They'll be getting at least 1 unique ability from that differs from the other.

13. Beowulf and/or Beowulf's replacement - Need new abilities. Beowulf's potential replacement at this point would only be one unique skill; all she'd need is a new sprite, which makes her only the third character so far whom actually needs one.

15. Adrammelech - Gets 2 or 3 unique abilities.

16. First New Zodiac - Gets 2 unique abilities; probably ends up sharing one with Ultima/Altima. Already has a secondary planned. Fourth new sprite needed.

16. Elbidis & Zodiark - Could probably be dealt with as a greater version of Kletian. Zodiark is the far bigger problem.

17. Master Magician - Cloud's replacement is the most ability intensive of anyone at present since I would like to give him a full 16 abilities, but I'd honestly settle for like 8 really good converted ones since even 16 won't be enough. Fifth new sprite.

18. Steel Giants - Need entirely new skillsets. Now that Pride made Work and some other formulas actually useful to use, determining such abilities will be a LOT easier.

19. Hashmal - Honestly, I don't see him getting more than 2 unique abilities. He might even only get 1 like Zalera since his battle is going to be A LOT more difficult already with just the changes I'm adding and the changes already made to Fear.

20. Altima - If I wanted or had to, she could honestly just get away with stealing from every other Lucavi outside of unique Grand Ultima and maybe that other unique planned attack, really.

21. Skeletons - Planning on giving them maybe 3 or 4 unique abilities overall in addition to all their magic sharing.

22. Lamias - Need 6 unique abilities between the three of them; 6th new sprite; first non-player generics that need new sprites.

23. Tonberries - Need 6 unique abilities between the three of them; 7th new sprite; second and last non-player generics that need new sprites.

24. Hydras & Tiamat - Triple Attack and Triple Breath have to stay around for these to be worth using. Not sure what else they "need".

25. Uribo - If it sticks around at all, it will probably need a couple of unique abilities.

26. New Deep Dungeon Guy - Honestly could probably get away with taking a certain another character's skill set wholesale. Its more his minions that I'm worried about, especially before I ran out of ability space LONG before we even got to the point; 8th new sprite (maybe).

So, yeah, outside of like maybe 80 odd abilities going to only 10 different people, I didn't think I was spending or using too much space, especially since I'm planning on using only 8 new sprites at present and I know there should be room for that. Honestly, even with the changes I wanted to make to Deep Dungeon, pretty much every "boss" of that place was going to be a palette swap of some other generic and have maybe 1 unique ability, which is why I thought I'd run out of job space way before I ran out of ability space.

However, in addition to having to come up with 8 new abilities for Ninja's spot now with this whole Hunter/Vanquisher thing since I can't just override freaking useless Throw (or Jump or Math Skill or Charge....), I realized that even now that I'm already trying to trim the ability fat, I still won't have room for even half of these things it seems like.

So, yeah, if you have advice on being even more miserly than I was trying to be without sacrificing entire classes or niches, I'm all ears, because trimming down abilities to what I feel is the bare minimum--further ripping you off--and even going back to freaking Monster Skill doesn't seem like it would be cutting it.