• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:29:32 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)

Started by Eternal248, March 29, 2012, 12:13:12 pm

Eternal

In regards to Geomancy, the Evadeability of it doesn't even come into play until late-game. Until then, it's still a pretty safe option with decent range, speed, and no MP cost. The debuff proc is a nice bonus. :)

@RFH: Blade Grasp has been removed from player use. I'd be fine with returning Zodiac to 3 AoE, since it is the ultimate summon.

I'm about 75% done with the PSP version of KO. I'll need testers though, so does anyone care to volunteer for testing?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Rfh

Sorry I to put it would be nice not to remove the ability with this effect. And about Atack UP and etc I want to say:
''attack up, defense up, m. attack up and m. defense up need down to 25% or less because they make be the unique support skills useful in the game.''
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Dokurider

Lower Defense/MDefense Up? That'll just make people want to use it even less.

Criss

ETE!!!
What have you done to my favorite class.....
Look into her eyes and tell her you havn't committed an injustice?

I'm a Birdman bitch!
I be high in the sky shit on you and your girl!

Panda_Tar

Quote from: Criss on April 12, 2012, 04:41:01 pm
ETE!!!
What have you done to my favorite class.....
Look into her eyes and tell her you havn't committed an injustice?

Told you, Eternal. ^^
  • Modding version: PSX
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.

Taichii

Quote from: Panda_Tar on April 12, 2012, 11:10:14 pm
Told you, Eternal. ^^

my suggestion would be nerf the geomancer's skills :D
add damage. or effect area n_n
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Eternal

April 16, 2012, 07:21:18 pm #26 Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:40:56 pm by Eternal248
I have version 1.2 almost ready, with the following changes:

-Geomancy no longer hits allies.
-Slow 2 properly inflicts Slow.
-The Female Geomancer at Barius Hill is no longer wearing a Power Sleeve as an Accessory.
-Oracles will properly have Foxbird, which inflicts Oil.
-Beowulf will properly have Oil.

Any other bugs that need fixed?

EDIT: The PSP version is almost done as well. Just need to do Chapter IV ENTDs, rebalance the WotL items, and item description changes.

EDIT: The PSP version will have the following changes:

-Rebalanced multiplayer items/Tynar Rouge/Ras Algethi... not that the multiplayer items will matter much, methinks.
-Luso has a basic Squire's skillset and growths, but has Beastmaster/Beasttongue/Tame/Poach innates.
-Balthier's Steals are ranged, but are 10% less accurate than normal steals. Barrage has been removed.
-Expect to see Dark Knights and Onion Knights in some battles.

Due to the lack of ASM for the PSP, Mediators will have to be slightly different since I don't want permanent Brave/Faith broken-ness.

Threaten: Ranged -1 PA.
Praise: Ranged +1 PA.
Preach: Add Faith.
Enlighten: Add Atheist.

So as not to outclass the Mystic's Faith/Atheist spells, I'm considering making those AoE, but with lower accuracy. Thoughts?
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

The Damned

(Wait, Slow 2 didn't inflict Slow? Did it just not inflict anything?)

I've never played the PSP version and I'm at best only vaguely aware of it, but AoE instant Atheist seems pretty...busted. Why not just keep it single-target with lower accuracy than Mystic's Faith and Atheist spells considering that Talk Skill/Speechcraft doesn't have to operate off Faith like Mystic's Yin-Yang Magick does?

I don't really have an opinion on Kind Of's changes (yet) otherwise.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

I accidentally set Slow 2 to inflict Haste when I copied Haste 2's properties over. :P

The AoE Atheist ability the Mystics would have would have a CT/MP Cost. It'd just be a buff to their current Atheist/Faith spells. I could just do MA+X% Orator Faith/Atheist skills, but I'm afraid that'd be too similar to the Mystic spells.

The Damned

(I see.)

*facepalms*

I misread that last sentence slightly. When you said "those", I thought you were referring to Mediator/Orator's abilities for some reason (read: due to idiocy), not Oracle's/Mystic's.

My point still mostly stands, though, especially since Doubt Faith on Oracle always felt extremely counter-intuitive, especially since it's the same class that gets Silence Song.

It's up to you ultimately, especially no sone who is actually competent has an opinion about it as opposed to my distracted ramblings.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

Notes to self:

PSP:

-Sage's Ring now Halves all elements, rather than Boosting and Absorbing.
-Tynar Rouge now only boosts PA/MA by 1, and has Initial: Protect/Shell/Haste.
-Onion Gloves are no longer Immune: KO/Stone/Doom.
-Brigand's Gloves are now Initial: Vanish/Haste/Float.
-Sage's Robe no longer Halves all elements.
-Brave Suit is now Initial: Regen/Reraise.
-Minerva Bustier now Boosts all elements, but no longer cancels/halves any.
-Onion Armor is now Initial: Protect/Shell/Reflect.
-Grand Armor is now Always: Regen.
-Brass Coronet now boosts MA by 1.
-Acacia Hat now boosts PA by 1 and grants immunity to Disable/Blind.
-Reverie Shield EVD/M-EVD reduced.
-Onion Shield EVD/M-EVD reduced.
-Gungnir WP reduced to 23.
-Gae Bolg WP reduced to 19.
-Durandal WP reduced to 25, EVD reduced to 20%, now has Initial: Reraise.
-Sagittarius Bow WP reduced to 18.
-Vesper WP reduced to 25, is now Holy Elemental.
-Crown Scepter now boosts MA by 1 and grants Always: Shell.
-Stardust Rod may now cast Gravija on hit, as opposed to Gravity, and WP is boosted to 11. No longer boosts MA.
-Dreamwaker now boosts MA by 1 and grants Always: Protect.
-Nirvana now boosts MA by 1 and grants Always: Regen.
-Moonsilk Blade WP down to 16, may now inflict Confuse.
-Orochi WP down to 10.
-Golden Axe WP down to 26.
-Fomalhaut WP down to 10.
-Ras Algethi WP down to 9.
-Onion Sword WP down to 18.
-Moonblade WP down to 15, now grants Immune: Slow, Stop, and Immobilize.

-Zeltennia Castle Postern's Treasure Hunts are an Invisibility Cloak, an Elixir, a Barette, and a Cachusha.
-Limberry Castle Inner Court Treasure Hunts are a Ribbon, an Elixir, a Nagnarok, and a Defender.

Eternal

Good news: KO PSP is done and works on my PSP!

Bad news: KO PSP's .ppf doesn't seem to be working for anyone. No idea why. =\

Zaen

Those statements don't seem to contradict each other at all.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Eternal

The issue is the straight ISO I used only the Patcher and Tactext on seems to work- but not ISOs that have been patched with the .ppf. That said, I've had some random crashes at Mandalia, so I'm not sure what's going on, since I haven't used any ASM.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Can you tell me more about this, Eternal?  Like what version of PPF-0-Matic you used?  And the type of disc image you used?  There are 3 different revisions to the Playstation Patch Format, by the way.  The newer ones aren't backwards compatible with the older ones.

Eternal

The disc image is an .iso. Not sure what version people used for PPF-o-Matic.

Playing the .iso itself on my own PSP, it seems to crash when a unit crystallizes, but not when they treasurize. It's really odd.

winshmo2

changing the crystalization text would fix the crash..

I had the same problem before too, credit philsov for the fix.  ;)

Eternal

Oh, huh. Okay, I'll try that. Thanks!

Criss

I'd love to see innate concentrate for thief....
if you love me you'd do it.... mmkai
I'm a Birdman bitch!
I be high in the sky shit on you and your girl!