• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:29:35 am

Need EVTCHR.bin Help

Started by ShadowSkyle, March 09, 2012, 09:44:54 pm

ShadowSkyle

Posting this from my Works in Progress post (FFT: Revised) in hopes to increase my chances of getting some aid on this issue:

"Alright, so I've been away for a while. Working, playing some new games, etc. Finally got back to completing my project (or at least, getting it to a desired level of completion). Just about everything is finished now, aside from one thing. How do I go about editing the evtchrs so the graphics do not glitch when a normal character makes an action during an event?

EDIT: Found EvtchrView, but I really have no idea what I'm doing here. If someone could help me out, it would be much appreciated. I have changed all the sprites for my classes (but not of any major characters at this point). I understand that any time they make an event action (such as the knight in Orbonne Monastery that kneels), that the game calls upon the EVTCHR.bin file for that action. I need one of two things:
         1) An in-depth walkthrough of how to change the EVTCHR.bin file so that it uses the sprites and images already on the sprite sheet to perform the desired event action.
         2) Someone to be REALLY kind and knock this out for me. (Not expecting this one, but HEY...it'd be nice!)"

3lric

March 09, 2012, 10:29:51 pm #1 Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:35:49 pm by Elric42
It's not an easy process, you will actually need to redraw each EVTCHR with which character it should correctly appear as Frame By Frame.

I can guarantee that no one is going to "knock them all out" for you, as this would require an EXTREME amount of spriting work.

There is no tutorial currently on this, (tho i will be making one soon) other then the fact that it follows the same rules as a spritesheet,
16 color palette, etc. Nothing new, just a bunch of drawing you will need to do.

Sorry if this isn't more helpful, but you are asking something that you seem to think is way easier then it actually is.

EDIT:
QuoteAn in-depth walkthrough of how to change the EVTCHR.bin file so that it uses the sprites and images already on the sprite sheet to perform the desired event action.

It doesn't work that way, the EVTCHR exists because of the fact that those animations aren't on the spritesheets. only 1 or 2 could actually be done like this, such as the kneeling in Orbonne at the beginning
  • Modding version: PSX

ShadowSkyle

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be stuck with the glitched graphics, then, as I have very little artistic ability.

Taichii

ahahaha i have the same problem with my patch XD
anyway bro elric i'll be waiting if you make a tutorial :D
once your not busy with jot5 :D
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"