• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 11:07:21 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Add abilities to skill sets => in game no animations etc.

Started by cowcow96, June 04, 2013, 08:37:29 am

cowcow96

When I add abilities to Basic Skill set, in game when I use them the charakters do nothing and skip it after I used the ability I cant attack again so it is a regular attack but without any animations damage etc.. I tried to make a normal ability for squire of Bolt 3. A weapon slash which break the enemies legs but nothing happen when I use this ability. Pls help me guys and girls

Choto

cowcow96

Ah I forgot to say that I copied everything from Jot5 with FFTPatcher and edit them to my own maybe there is something strange ASM

Jumza

Cowcow that won't work because JoT5 uses ASM's to make some abilities work the way they do. So they won't function the same way on a different ISO.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

cowcow96

Ok but what are the ASM hacks in FFTPatcher? Gameshark? Or is it possible to copy all the things except the ASM hacks?

Pride

Your description of whats going on is so vague that its impossible to tell you what is wrong. If you post a picture of the fftpatcher on that ability so we can see the flags on the skill we could help you more.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

cowcow, I've already explained to you why ASMs such as the Regen working for MP/HP works in Jot5 and wouldn't in a vanilla mod.
Simply copying things over from Jot5 to FFT with FFTP will not work either in most cases. You seem to think this is WAAY more simple than what it actually is. We spent a lot of time, testing and having people remaking ASMs (I won't mention names, so they won't get bombarded with PMs) to specifically work with other Jot5 ASMs.

You are having animation problems, when you don't have the Jot5 effects, or master files.
Jot5 is more than just a mod, it's a game in of itself. You cannot just poach things to a vanilla game and expect them to work
because 95% of the time, it won't.

cowcow96

K thx for your help so I have to do the most of it by my own thats not a problem and do someone have a cool sceap.dat because the one of FFTPatcher is boring at a time. Btw the new attacks in JOT5 are great and I like them much that was the reason why I copied all but now I going to copy only a few things and create sone new attacks for me.